• Published 22nd Oct 2020
  • 281 Views, 0 Comments

Lightning's Version of Equestria Girls (#6) - LightningStar626



What if Lightning Star met the Rainbooms during the time Princess Twilight came to the school?

  • ...
 0
 281

Chapter 4: Pinkie Pie and Applejack

Chapter 4: Pinkie Pie and Applejack

~The school bell rang and the clock chimed 12 'o clock. Lunchtime. All the students gathered in the cafeteria, got in line, obtained lunch, sat down in their groups and began to chatter. And since the chatter was so loud, when Lightning opened the door roughly, it hardly made a slamming sound on the wall. She, Karly, Twilight and Spike, who was still hidden inside Twilight's rucksack, walked in and explored the café. Twilight looked about carefully among the crowds of people until she spotted somebody familiar in the row of students. Fluttershy. She pointed her out to Lightning and in response, she gave a wink and a nudge. Lightning approached Fluttershy, put her arm around her all friendly-like and smiled before acting chummy.~

"Heeeyyy...Umm...Shy, wasn't it? It was Something Shy. I can't remember, do you mind if I call you Shy- hope so, because I just did, anyway- "

Twilight stepped in. "I know we've just met, but we were wondering if you might be able to help us with something." she said.

"Oh. Of course." Fluttershy replied as she picked up a bowl of fruit salad.

Twilight went ahead and picked up a bowl too. Then, with massive confidence, she announced to her: "I've decided to run for Princess of the Fall Formal and- "

~Fluttershy gasped at the news. But, the gasp didn't sound very happy. Instead, it sounded very surprised, and scared. In fact, she was so surprised she dropped the salad she was holding onto Twilight. Juice spilled all over the blouse.~

"Oh gosh!" Fluttershy gasped again. "Sorry, it's just that...oh, running for Fall Formal Princess is a really bad idea." She said as she grabbed a stack of napkins and cleaned the juice off.

"Why?" asked Twilight.

"Sunset Shimmer wants to be Fall Formal Princess. And when she wants something, she gets it."

~They continued to walk down the line. They met at the end where the lunch lady was handing out apples. She had apple-green skin, calm red eyes and an old little smile. She placed an apple onto Fluttershy's tray, then to Twilight's. Lightning and Karly, however, didn't receive an apple. This was because they didn't grab any lunch from the line, they already packed some. Once the girls got given the apples, they begin strolling down between the tables.~

"She'll make life awful for anyone who stands in her way," Fluttershy continued. "Just ask the girl who ran against her for Princess of the Spring Fling."

"I have to try!" Twilight said.

"Oh, I don't think you understand," said Fluttershy. "You'd have to convince everyone here to vote for you instead of her." She began listing the groups. "The athletes, the fashionistas, the dramas, the eco kids, the techies, the rockers…"

"Why is everypony-" Lightning nudged the princess before she finished her sentence. "Uh, everybody separated this way?" she corrected herself.

"Maybe it was different at your old school, but, at CHS everyone sticks to their own kind." answered Fluttershy, sitting down at one of the open tables.

"Yikes…" Lightning mumbled as she and Karly exchanged looks. "My dad never said anything about this."

"Yeah, mine neither. That wasn't in the description." Karly took a seat next to Fluttershy, and Lightning and Twilight took the chairs on the opposite sides.

"Well, 1 thing they do have in common, is that they know Sunset Shimmer is gonna rule this school until we graduate." Fluttershy continued, stirring the fruit around in the bowl.

"Not if we can help it!" Twilight protested.

"Yeah, this Sunset Shimmer is going down!" Lightning added, roughly jabbing the table with her finger.

"Just like Devil when he decided to rob the sweet shop full of marshmallows." Karly smiled smugly.

"Oh yeah. He went down like a submarine…"

~Lightning also pulled a hilarious smug but then noticed the group staring at her weirdly, with the exception of Karly who silently motioned her to stop.~

"Nothing." Lightning mumbled.

~Her eyes fluttered as she bit down into a sandwich. Princess Twilight stopped paying attention also and focused on having lunch. Without using the use of hands, she jolted down and snatched the apple from her tray with her teeth then lifted it up to eat. As she was munching on it, everyone's eyes turned weird again, they silently blinked at Twilight's unnatural actions. Lightning, once again, had to nudge the princess' arm, quietly tell her to stop and act like a human. Soon enough, she thought she would bruise her arm from all the punches she was giving her. Twilight opened her eyes. She looked at the apple in her mouth then gently removed it with her hand.~

"So, uh," She nervously giggled. "Where would we find the head of the party planning committee?"


~After lunchtime was over, Twilight and her companions explored more around the school until they stopped at a pair of double doors. Without wasting time, Lightning flew them wide open and the gang walked inside. The room appeared to be large and wide with alot of space. Lightning let out a yell and it echoed straight back. They noticed the markings of different sports fields on the ground and the basketball hoops set in the wall. Lightning and Karly figured it was the gym. It looked almost exactly like the one at their old school. The only difference was that it had a large stage beside one of the walls. The gym was loaded with colourful party decorations. Tables were neatly lined up against the opposite wall and were filled with plastic cups and a large empty bowl, the ceiling had streamers hanging down and balloons floating, and in the centre was a glistening disco ball. Some streamers even fell down and landed on the ball or littered on the ground underneath their feet. The gang looked around with wonder.~

"Fluttershy said she'd probably be in here." Twilight stated.

"Okay. Where exactly in here?" asked Lightning.

"I have no idea."

"Incomiiiiiing!" somebody suddenly cried.

~The four looked up in alarm and saw a rain of colourful confetti fly down straight towards them.~

"Ahh! Streamers! Get down!" cried Lightning.

~Without a second to lose, the three girls and Spike hit the deck. They put their arms over their heads as the streamers came whizzing past. The girls were lucky that it was only paper and was completely harmless. After the rain had stopped, the girls picked themselves up from the ground and brushed any paper that got on them.~

"Ugh, where in the world did that come from?" Lightning inquired.

"Probably from her."

~Karly pointed in the direction of a pink-skinned girl throwing confetti in the air. She gazed at it as it flew back down to the floor with her bright smiling blue eyes. Then, looking down at her skirt, she picked one of the balloons from her balloon logo and, somehow, pulled it straight off. It transformed into a real balloon in the blink of an eye. The girl began to blow it up when she felt someone tap her shoulder.~

"Hi. My name's Twilight Sparkle and..." She stopped talking when she saw the girl's face. "Pinkie Pie?" She gasped.

~The pink girl froze, the balloon she was holding onto deflated once she let go of it. In an instant, she appeared behind Twilight, seized her by her collar and spun her around. She stumbled a little to the ground. Lightning leapt back instinctively.~

"Um, I'm sorry? Who?" She then asked.

"Twilight, do you know this girl?" Karly asked.

"Are you psychic?!" Pinkie Pie gasped.

The princess stuttered. "Uh, no. I don't think so. Unless of course that's something you can do here."

"Eh. Not usually." she answered brightly.

"Usually!?" Lightning exclaimed.

~Pinkie dropped Twilight suddenly and, skipping ahead of them, collected another balloon out of nowhere. Karly helped the princess to her feet as she ruffled Spike's head.~

"Fluttershy said this is where we'd find the head of the Fall Formal planning committee." She then explained.

At this, Pinkie's eyes narrowed. "Fluttershy, huh?" She swiftly knotted the balloon up. "Don't let the whole 'shy' thing fool you. She can be a real meanie."

Lightning blinked confusingly. "Wait, what?"

"She didn't seem like the mean type when we spoke to her." Karly said, also confused.

"Yeah, frankly, she seemed like the complete opposite. Sweet, kind, nurturing."

"How are you two not friends?" Twilight asked.

Ignoring the question, Pinkie Pie smiled. "Waited a bit to get your name on the ballot, huh? Dance is day after tomorrow."

"We're brand new here."

"Yeah. Just transferred from Pixel High. I'm Lightning Star, this is Karly Crystal and Twilight Sparkle." Lightning quickly introduced.

Pinkie smiled in excitement. "Oooh!" She looked deeply into Twilight's face. "I thought you didn't look familiar. Though, now that I'm really looking at you...Do you have a twin sister that lives in the city, has a pet dog named Spike that looks just like that one?"

~She pointed down at Spike, who was playfully yanking a deflated balloon between his teeth. Lightning and Karly were lost for words. Twilight, however, simply shrugged and assumed everything Pinkie Pie just said was true, even if she was nervous.~

"Uh, maybe?"

Pinkie shrugged. "Thought so. Anyhoo," She pulled out a clipboard and pen from her puffy pink hair. "Just need to fill this out and you are officially up for the coveted Princess of the Fall Formal crown."

~Pinkie Pie held out the pen and waited for somebody to take it. Princess Twilight stared at it for a short moment, then took it by the mouth. Lightning prepared to strike her arm by drawing back her hand, and tell her silently to not write with her mouth. Sullenly, she took the pen by the hand and scribbled down her name. Lightning, Karly and Pinkie watched her slowly. Once she was done, Pinkie took a read at it. She was completely flabbergasted at the hand writing her eyes nearly popped out of her skull.~

"Wow! You have really bad handwriting. It's like you've never held a pen before." She said.

Twilight began to chuckle nervously. "Is it?"

"Whaaat?" Lightning smiled. "Nooo! It looks...fine."

They all suddenly hear the door open. "Somebody order a dozen cases of fizzy apple cider?" A shadowy figure asked as they stepped in.

Pinkie raised both her hands excitedly. "Oh! Oh! Me, me- me- me, yeah, ha-ha, me!"

~The shadow emerged and in clear view, the girls could see who the figure was. A teen girl with light mandarin skin and white freckles on her cheeks. She was taller than the rest, wearing a white blouse, the top and collar was a dark forest green however, its sleeves were partly folded up; a denim skirt buckled with a brown belt and boots. Her blond hair fell behind her back, tied with a red hairband and lastly, she had a cowboy hat sitting on top of her head. After she placed a basket of fizzy cider bottles down, she slowly removed her hat and wiped her forehead, beads of sweat formed down. Princess Twilight's eyebrows raised and her mouth dropped in shock.~

"Can you brin' in the rest?" she asked in a southern voice.

"Eeyup."

~A slightly older boy came into the gym next. He was carrying stacks of more baskets, all with cider bottles inside. The cowgirl took the basket at the top of the stack and was about to place it down on a table when she noticed Twilight staring.~

"Hey, I know you." She said.

"You do?" asked Twilight.

"You do?!" stammered Lightning.

"Sure. You're the new girls who gave Sunset Shimmer the what for today." She replied, opening up a bottle of cider and beginning to gulp it down.

"Twilight Sparkle here is gonna run against Sunset Shimmer for Princess of the Fall Formal." Pinkie explained.

The cowgirl's pupils shrunk. She spat out the cider and turned to Twilight. "I'd think twice about that." She pointed. "Oh, sure, she'll probably approach ya all friendly like."

~Pulling Pinkie down from floating in midair, she grabbed the two balloons she was blowing up and began to draw on them with a black marker. The first balloon, she drew Sunset Shimmer's face, on the other she drew Twilight Sparkle's. She began imitating Sunset Shimmer's voice mockingly while playing with the balloon like a puppet.~

“I SUre aM lOOkiN’ fOrWArD tO soMe FriENdly cOmPeTITion.” She then imitated Twilight’s voice, holding up the second balloon. “ThAt’s So gOOd tO HeAr. But then, here comes the backstabbin’.”

~Turning the Sunset balloon around, she revealed a needle taped to the balloon and plunged it into the Twilight balloon. It popped on contact. The remains drifted downward to the floor. Karly trembled with fright while Lightning shuddered a little.~

"About the only girl in this school ya can trust less than Sunset Shimmer is Rainbow Dash." The cowgirl went on.

"Rainbow Dash?!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Who's that?" Lightning wanted to know.

"She's the captain of, like, every team here at Canterlot High." Pinkie Pie answered, bouncing on a large balloon like it was a hopper.

"She's also the captain o' sayin' she's gonna do somethin' for ya, and then turnin' around and not even botherin' to show up." The cowgirl then frowned, glowering beneath her brows.

Twilight put her hand on her shoulder. "Thanks for the advice, Applejack. But this is something I really need to do."

"Her future depends on it!" Lightning exclaimed proudly. "I think…" She then muttered.

"Huh, Suit yourself." Applejack harrumphed. She suddenly raised a brow. "Hey, how'd ya know my name is Applejack?"

"Um, I uh…" She started to laugh nervously. "Didn't you say?"

"Nnnope." The large boy answered shortly.

"Well, uh, it was sure nice meeting you both! I guess we'll see you around!"

"Uh-huh! Take care now!"

~Lightning mumbled something indistinct and awkwardly shook Applejack's hand before grabbing Karly and Spike and running out the door. After they were gone, Pinkie slid beside the confused country girl.~

"That one's tryin' to hide a secret, but I am totally on her." She leaned into Applejack's ear. "She's psychic!"

"Uh-huh. If you say so…" Applejack nodded.

~They heard the door open again. Applejack and Pinkie look across and see the worst possible thing, Sunset Shimmer. She had two young boys behind her who posed as her lackeys. Their names were Snips and Snails. The three entered the gym, and Sunset Shimmer looked about in disappointment.~

"This. Looks. Terrible!" She exclaimed. "There should be more streamers near the stage and fewer balloons!" She pricked two balloons with her finger and they both popped.

"Yeah! Streamers!" Snips said, ripping one apart.

"And fewer balloons!" Snails said, trying to pop a balloon, but failed.

"Fizzy apple cider?" Sunset stuck out her tongue in disgust. "Ugh! This is my coronation, not a hoedown."

Applejack glowered. "Well now, it ain't necessarily gonna be your coronation this time around!"

Sunset came to her face to face. "Oh, is that so?" She turned the cowboy hat around and brought it down to her face. "You country folk really aren't that bright. Must be why other students say such awful things about you."

~The hood of the hat flipped open and revealed Applejack's face, red with rage. She let out an angry growl as she began to steam.~

"Obviously it's gonna be my coronation. I'm running opposed." Sunset grinned.

"Not this time!" Pinkie smiled, holding up the clipboard. "The new girl just signed up!"

Sunset stopped smiling. "What?!" She snactehd the clipboard.

"I know. Her handwriting is really bad."

~At that moment, Sunset felt anger. She looked up from the clipboard with hatred in her eyes for the person's name on that board that wasn't her own.~

"Where is this Twilight Sparkle…?" Her eyes narrowed. She suddenly looked up at Pinkie and Applejack and laughed unconvincingly. "I'm looking forward to the competition!"

~Pinkie and Applejack exchanged looks, unbeknownst to them of what gonna to happen next and what Sunset Shimmer was thinking.~