• Published 19th Oct 2020
  • 2,225 Views, 6 Comments

Hum Drum vs Power Ponies. -Operation D.R.A.G.O.N - CaioCoia



What would you do if you have to save your team from danger? And your only option in doing that it's actually defeating them? Humdrum has a big challenge ahead and the only things he can count on are his own prototypes and his new computer assistant.

  • ...
1
 6
 2,225

Chapter 1

It's an amazing night at Maretropolis where the ponies can enjoy the night of relief after the great parade for their heroes and protectors on that day, where the ceremony was celebrated on that day showing their approval and cheers to their heroes, the ponies they call Power Ponies.

Maretropolis can finally rest after another great battle between their heroes against all the crimes in that city, the night with all the skyscrapers made the view of the city even better, making everypony enjoy their night of rest like always...

Well not everypony. There was a sentinel at the night, who had worked during so many nights to achieve his goal, be a better pony and help his friends to fight their enemies. A little colt with a dark green fur and a messed brown mane which almost nopony, just 6 ponies knows his name but mostly they call him by his sidekick name... Humdrum.

Hum Drum was in his bedroom welding glasses making some noise with some tools while he was holding a piece of metal in his hooves. He adjusted the machine in his mouth to correct the cracks he fused over the metal covering his hoof while sparks were going to everywhere above his table. Some pieces of metal and circuits were up from the table showing an unknown project he has been doing for hours. And it seems nopony knew what he was doing.

Until by surprise, a voice came from his behind.

"Hum Drum." The voice made the little colt jump from his seat and release the metal covering his hoof and the torch machine over his mouth.

Humdrum turned back, making take a long look over his captain and leader of nopony less than the Power Ponies itself. His friend and the pony who took care of him. Masked Matter-horn. It was difficult to see her identity as a hero without her magenta hero suit, but for Humdrum, he couldn't miss the pink fur and violet mane she has.

Humdrum quickly using his foreleg launched a strap of fabric covering the table while turned his chair to look at his captain.

"Masked, you really scared me. What's the problem?" Humdrum smiled nervously after recovering from such a surprise of Masked Matter-Horn.

She decided to ignore his nervous action, and after taking a deep look over the covered table, she decided to forget what she was thinking and decided to get straight to the point.

"What are you doing up this late? It's midnight and you need to sleep." While many ponies might think Masked Matter-Horn is the leader of Power Ponies and Humdrum being her sidekick. She doesn't see it like that. She always gets worried about him like he is her little brother which she needs to protect and train him every day until he is ready to take everything on his own.

And on the next day, Zapp would train him personally, and she will not take easy on him that's why he must be 100 percent ready for the training on the next day.

"I know that Masked, but I still need to finish this, I will sleep after I finish this. I promise." Humdrum decided to turn his chair to his table, waiting for Masked to leave his room. But his response made her even more worried than before.

"Okay, but please, take care of your health." She decided to give him this advice while receiving a nod from the little colt, after that she left the room in silence.

After Masked left his bedroom Hum Drum got up from his place and locked his door, he didn't want more distractions anymore, he took off the fabric and continued making another piece of his project.

"Another done, but I think I will need more. I don't want to stay back anymore, I won't be their shadow again." He looks to his sketch, many formulas, many graphics and drafts made by himself, if another pony takes a look at that sketch they would say it was just a bunch of weird draws, it's complicated to imagine what was that kind of things from their perspective. "Now I just need to take care of you."

Humdrum looked at the little ball made of little pieces, which were incomplete from missing pieces over the table.

He took another hour to finish another of his own project, and the look on his face showed his efforts it worth it. He was proud of his work.

"Time to test this beauty." He touches the little ball that was near to him. The little ball opened and transformed into something, his smile just showed how much happiness he was in that moment.

"It works." He said cheering after getting sleep at the table. But his happiness transformed into conflict because after taking a look at the clock, he found out he was working until 3 a.m while the training with Zapp would happen at 7 a.m. Which means he would just have 4 hours of sleep.

"Oh buck, Zapp will be really furious. Well better start to sleep now." He ignored his worries and decided to close his eyes to have finally a little time of sleeping. While not knowing everything would depend on him the next morning.

4 hours later it was time for him to be on the combat training.

Needless to say, it was much harder for Humdrum because of his lack of sleeping and the brutal attacks from Zapp. Her cyan blue fur mixed with her dark blue mane and deep blue eyes made a huge combination of the blue, white and yellow suit she has, and her electric nature, making everything even more difficult for the little colt.

Dodging from lightings and receiving buck attacks from surprise attacks, was something Humdrum usually was being trained week by week against Zapp, while he has been getting used to knowing the attacks, he isn't strong enough to defend it or to attack Zapp.

"Oh come on little guy, I know you can do better than that." Zapp sounded genuinely sarcastic because she knew Humdrum wasn't giving his total effort and decided to provoke him and supporting him at the same time while using a charging bolt on his hoot.

Hum Drum was doing his best to not slip in the middle of combat, but it was difficult to keep concentrated and few sleepy at the same time. However, he tried to make all the effort to not look sleepy or tired and make his friends angry because he slept late at the night.

"That's everything you can do Zapp? I was thinking you wanted to do this battle the hardest possible, I can believe you are taking easy with me." Hum Drum clenched his teeth while knowing he would regret that later, but still he challenged Zapp to give her worst. Like he was insulting her abilities to make that training a real training.

Her eyes went wide before she narrowed in such power as it was making her eyebrows show electricity.

"Oh, you will regret that." She didn't like his answer and charged a Lightning Bolt to him.

"yeah, I agree." Humdrum murmured while his blur vision made him receive by luck or by instinct a perfect roll in perfect timing.

If Hum Drum didn't have rolled on his side, he would be a perfect victim of Zapp powers, because he could sense the burn on the floor near him. Hum Drum gulped imagining the situation that moment would be if he would let Zapp uses her Lightning Bolt-on him. He would die definitely.

"Dammit, I missed it." Zapp cursed aloud her accuracy because she really wanted to hit him.

Humdrum was satisfied with the effort he did, but he knew deep inside he couldn't take anymore. So he looks up straight to Zapp and decided to take the moment.

"You damn right you missed Zapp. You know what? I give up. I don't feel okay to have a battle with you." Hum Drum decided to get up from the floor and quit from that madness the less possible.

"Oh, are you scared? Are you threatened by my power? Have you become a chicken? " She was mocking with him.

"Two words for you Zapp, Get real" Hum Drum walked and crossed the door. Hearing Zapp groaning angrily he decided to ignore, he already has the moral victory, for him, it was enough. So when he was crossing the corridor, he wanted to go to the kitchen take breakfast and go back to his bedroom. But in the middle of the corridor, he couldn't see not one pony, but 3 ponies were following him until the same voice from yesterday asked a little question.

"Where are you think are you going?" After looking back Humdrum looked from his behind and saw not only the same pony while wearing her magenta uniform Masked Matter-Horn and 2 other ponies...

One has a light brown fur and white blue mane while she was wearing a red uniform with black straps over the uniform looking at him while following her leader meanwhile the other pony is a light gray mare with a brown mane, while she was wearing a green uniform looking in concern to humdrum.

The names of them is Mistress Mare-velous and Saddle Rager.

"I'm going to the kitchen then to my bedroom." He only answered that.

The mare in the red uniform named Mistress Mare-Velous came upfront and looked at him suspiciously.

"Yah in that bedroom a lot of time, we want to know what are yah doing there." Mistress Mare-velous sounded concerned in her own way, she has a tough nature while on her inside she meant something unusual. "Is there a problem yah want to tell us? Or there is something you are hiding from us?"

Humdrum doesn't like to lie to his friends, but he was too tired to think on a lie, so he decided to keep walking until she went quickly on his front, blocking his path with her hoof.

"Humdrum... Tell us." Mistress Mare-velous decided to raise her warning tone to Humdrum, making close his eyes, and after opening look closely to her.

"You didn't sleep at all, did you?" Masked Matter-Horn went on his front with Saddle.

"Please Humdrum... Tell us." Saddle Rager with her tender voice, made Humdrum finally say something.

"Girls please, I promise you I will show you after I have done everything. It's still needing some repairs...But when it will be finished I will sleep a lot and show you what I'm doing there" Hum Drum made a gentle smile.

Mistress sigh and let him go.

"Fine." Mistress Mare-velous murmured while making the path for the little colt, but the three of them kept walking with him at the kitchen.

While going there Humdrum took a toast and with jelly he made a good breakfast to him. While the girls were looking at each and other and taking a fruit for breakfast.

"Humdrum, could you please take your mask off?" Saddle Rager gently ask the little colt which was still bitting the toast in front of them.

Humdrum sighed to himself while he took of his mask, making the 3 girls gasp. His face were with little dark circles on his eye.

"Humdrum, you shouldn't always sleep late at night, you are still a colt, you just need to sleep 8 hours to grow up, we are worried about you Hum Drum, why are you keeping such a secret from us?" Masked Matter-Horn asked looking to him.

"It's something I'm working for a few weeks, is something to help me every-time I need. I know it will be silly but I need to be ready if something terrible will happen. I can't count on you forever." Hum Drum said to Masked Matter-Horn looking in her eyes. His eyes are blacks of tiredness.

"You need to sleep Hum Drum, finish your busyness later. It's an order." Masked Matter-Horn narrowed her eyes and stomped at the floor making the mares surprised and the little colt angrier.

Hum Drum was getting angry and groaned. He really wanted to respond, but he couldn't find a good answer to someone who was his own captain so he finished his toast and looking at the floor responded.

"Yes sir." He left the kitchen, making the mares waiting for the green colt march to his own room, and they were looking at each other until the door was shut with all force and loud enough for them to hear it.

"Are you sure about that Masked? Maybe he was right about that." Saddle Rager did her best to be the last of to talk because she doesn't want a discussion with her friend.

"I don't know Saddle, but even if he finishes his work, that will not change that he doesn't rest enough all days and the results will be he will always get tired the missions, and that's unacceptable." Masked Matter-Horn said thoughtful and thinking about what she had to do. But sadly she didn't have a good time to think about it because the alarm echoed from all the base.

And the same second the alarm started Masked Matter-Horn, Mistress Mare-Velous and Saddle Rager went straight to Operation Central to see something which made them look at each and other by surprise.

Masked Matter-Horn couldn't believe the scene which was happening in front of her. A yellow mare with an indigo mane and blue uniform with sharps of diamond on the uniform was being held on her place by somepony she could guess easily who is, it was a lime green mare with an orange mane wearing a white uniform with purple arrows.

It was Fili-Second who brought Radiance into the Operation Central.

"Fili-Second Put me down in this instant." Radiance annoyed by Fili-Second demanded to get down.

"Sure Mommy" Fili-Second dropped Radiance on the floor in the same second. Let her get hurt after the fall.

"How unladylike you are." Radiance get up and tried to remake her posture after the fall.

"You said you wanted to get down, and that's what I did." Fili-Second didn't understand what happened there.

"Urgh, forget about that." Radiance decided it doesn't make sense to talk to her.

"Okay." Fili-Second ran to Masked Matter-Horn "Hey Mask, Hey Mask, what the alarm was for?"

"I'm looking for Fili, wait a minute." Masked Matter-Horn was looking at the central computer. And found something, Mane-iac was stealing a giant laser weapon in the Central Museum of quantum physics and Magic in Maretropolis. And laughing like a mad mare like she is.

"I found it, Power Ponies, let's do this." Masked Matter-Horn clicked the button making the floor open up, and the team jump straight to the subfloor and run in the direction of the street.

While they were running, something crossed in the mind of one mare of the team.

"Wait, where is Hum Drum?" Radiance asked after taking a look around and not finding the little colt near them.

"He was tired after working on a project he didn't show us yet. And was sent to his bedroom to sleep." Mistress Mare-velous said making Radience nod her head understanding the information. "Ah don't know what he is doing on his room, but sooner or later he will open his mouth and show us what he is hiding."

"Mistress, why you keep insisting to know his private projects? You are horrible to demand such privates situations from a foal like Hum Drum? He is just a little colt but he needs some privacity. Anyway,if you are orphan and has nowhere else to live than the Power Mansion, wouldn't you want the same? He lives there while we have our lives to do, and have our identity secrets to keep. Did you ever think about how he feels in the first place?" Radiance from all the Power Ponies understands Hum Drum, sometimes she has pity for him. Mistress Mare-velous tried to ignore the commentary but she understood what Radiance was talking about. But it's time for the mission, maybe after that, she makes apologies for him. Not only Masked Matter-Horn was listening to all the talk but all the other Power Ponies.

"Yeah, having a night without sleep and have a tough training on the next day what would you expect from a colt?" Saddle Rager sighed while her crew mates looked at her with wide eyes. "What? It was true."

"He didn't sleep the night before training? Damn, I never knew he was tired when we were training for combat fight, but he even tried made me miss my lightning, and even tried to excuse himself? I forgot about him living in that place when I am flying with the pegasus elite squad. Living in the Power Mansion and to be the only pony there, it was. Lonely." Zapp admitted Hum Drum was in the worst situation.

"Maybe we make a party after that for him." Fili-Second was running using her powers trying to maintain her optimism and her idea actually made a little smile from her friends.

"Yeah, I agreed with that. To show him how appreciated he is for us." Radiance agreed with the idea.

"Alright girls, let's finish this mission and after that, we make a party." Masked Matter-Horn was smiling when they finally come to the Central Museum.

Meanwhile:

Hum Drum tried to sleep, but he can't, he needed to do this. He caught one metal ball and went to the Central Room and plugged in the giant computer. He entered multiples codes, looked in the computer, and moved many archives the computer becomes black and he entered one giant code: C#352.c#D.R.A.G.O.N move/ip.archives.
After that, the screen of the computer becomes black and blue but one symbol of the dragon appears on the screen with one bar with 0% going to 1%. Hum Drum made a smile and went back to his bedroom.

"I'm going to help you girls. I promise." He said after getting sleep. Looking at his table like it was some objects useful for him. He yawned and sleep in his bed.