• Published 20th Oct 2020
  • 455 Views, 0 Comments

GermBusters 2: Operation Quinty - Lukington17



After the success of their maiden germ-fighting mission, the Germbusters try their luck again!

  • ...
 0
 455

Chapter 2 - A Brush with Danger

Quinty hummed along to his radio as he stepped out of the shower, drying himself off with the towel and then brushing his mane frantically. He whistled along to the song as he gazed out the window at the glowing moon momentarily, before turning back to his bedroom and drying his hooves on the mat. He'd had a long day after getting up earlier than usual although his evening had been fun at Cutea's garden party. After his sneezing fit he was grateful for a chance to sleep it off now - and with sleep beginning to weigh down on him, he lazily dropped his towel and prepared a glass of water in the sink.
Suddenly his phone buzzed with a text, and he went to check. It was from Chris: "Hey lad did you get home safe?"

Yes thanks, just getting ready for bed. See you tomorrow

Having sent his reply, Quinty headed back into the bathroom.

---

The Germbusters were on course for their unsuspecting friend's house, and Chris put his phone away again. Electric had been spending their journey explaining to Cutea all the events that had happened inside her body, and how to conduct herself infront of the timid Micronauts. Cutea had found the whole thing rather funny, but Flushie had reaffirmed not to get carried away with the surroundings and focus on helping her friend from inside. With her head in the right frame of mind, she smiled and held on tight to her coltfriend as he carried her onwards, he himself smirking as he thought about Cutea's own Micronauts watching this with excitement.

The gang flew into Quinty's open window and after a quick search, heard him singing in his bathroom. This was interrupted by a loud sneeze, and Flushie sighed, "Poor guy, we gotta help him asap!"

"Nose ahoy!" Atrimy yelled, as they flew towards their friend's muzzle. He was putting toothpaste onto his toothbrush, completely unaware of them as he hummed. The dark tunnel of his nostril got closer and closer to the gang until they whooshed up into it, immediately surrounded by tickly nose-hairs and gentle currents of snot below. "Wait a minute..."

"AAA...CHOOO!" The sneeze erupted all around them, sending the eight tiny ponies flying out of the nostril at bullet speed. Shaking themselves off, they said "let's try that again" and flew on in. Five seconds and one sneeze later they were back outside, this time smacking into Quinty's mirror, which itself was covered in toothpaste.

Electric steadied himself. "The unlucky chap's sneezed while brushing his teeth!" He helped some of the others up, then turned to look at the giant stallion, brushing his teeth gazing dozily into his own reflection. "Hmm, that gives me an idea guys."

"Let's hear it, because we can't exactly get in if he's gonna keep sneezing like that," Divinity huffed, cleaning her mane of foamy toothpaste.

"Well, we're gonna go in thataway!" Electric excitedly pointed at Quinty's mouth, hanging open as the brush moved in and out slowly.

Chris rolled his eyes. "Anything to go in there, ey brother?" Electric dismissed his comment with a frown but ushered him and the others in, and so they headed towards the mouth. Each of them now lowered the goggles they'd brought along, shouting to rendez-vous behind Quinty's uvula so they could fly up to the nasal passage. Quinty's mouth came closer and closer, and the swooshing of his enormous toothbrush became louder and more echoed, menacingly so as it threatened to smash into them from the side. The gang flew inside the parted jaws of teeth and prepared for impact.

---

Dentsmith watched alongside his assistant manager from their observation deck, watching the cleaning job taking place. The brush was currently working on the molars, and - had instructed for the back molars to be given twice as long this time (no more cavities were necessary this week). He also gave the controversial order to brace for sneezing by having the toothpaste swallowed. Dentsmith had been in charge of the Mouth Department for a long time here, and had seen his fair share of antics and invasions, but having to deal with a host who was insisting on brushing his teeth while sneezing was proving a challenge. Moreover, some of his employees came rushing up to him panicked. "Sir, sir, we've picked up traces of intruders!"

Dentsmith sighed, "Well, deploy one of the border enforcement patrols, you know the drill. ...Remind them to wear their visors!" He called out to them as they turned away. A few moments later, a tiny light seemed to move across the surface of the tongue down below. Dentsmith smiled calmly as he watched that patrol vehicle navigate its way into the mayhem ahead. His assistant manager turned to him with a slightly worried face, but Dentsmith calmed him down. "Don't worry, those guys are professionals. They can pick out any invaders in a crowd, and hit moving targets easily - a brush ain't gonna stop them either!"

Meanwhile, at the front of the mouth, the gang were excitedly dodging the massive brush and sloshing toothpaste everywhere. "Woah!" "Wahey!" They all cried out happily, laughing as the huge toothbrush turned out to be not particularly strong, but simply tickly and feathery as it would move through them. Blaze even grabbed the strand and swung like a monkey, until she smacked herself into the side of a tooth. Chris laughed at her until the brush's bristles booped his butt, causing him to blush as he fell onto the tongue's surface. Toothpaste splashed everywhere and fogged their vision. Electric had Cutea on his back but a sudden swoop from Quinty's brush knocked his marefriend off. He yelled out to her as she fell onto the tongue, but he was presently smothered in toothpaste and flicked around by the massive tongue below him. "No, dammit!" he gnarled as he tried to orientate himself, seeing Quinty's enormous jaws of front teeth open to allow light into the scene. He flew further in, turning away from the front, until he was snagged by something to the side.

"Hold it right there!" Electric removed his goggles and was startled to see a uniformed Micronaut training his gun on him. Thinking instinctively, he took advantage of a momentary pile of saliva and paste foam squelching past, and dived into it. He was confused when he then poked out to look back and see that the gun-wielder was simply talking with two other Micronauts and walking away. Electric's mind raced as his ride was dragged toward the throat, and he savoured every moment of being here in his friend's mouth on a rescue mission. Distractions to one side, he broke free from the foam and soared toward the uvula.

"Freeze!" Flushie threw her hooves up instantly, and she felt a barrel prick her in the back. As her captor came in-front of her, she recognised a police uniform and a badge saying 'QPD'. The officer had a partner who seemed to be holding a scanner also, and within a few seconds the two of them simply looked at each other, gave Flushie an odd smile, and then walked off. With a 'huh?!' Flushie turned her head and made her way down to the throat.

Divinity was hovering behind the gigantic uvula, which swayed with each stroke of the brush at the jaws in the distance, trying to keep out of sight. She had flown past Eminence getting stopped by some Micronauts, and wanted to stay focused on not getting whisked into the bristles of Quinty's brush. She hummed to herself until she felt some hooves flick her ears. She dropped her gun in panic and screamed, but Chris raised his hooves from her and spun to face her. "Guess who! Haha" the prankster chuckled, removing his goggles. The two booped and were joined by Atrimy, who had incredibly managed to keep hold of his hat during the chaos. Eminence then followed, and then they heard a shout from below. "Look!" Chris pointed. Down below on the tongue, Cuteamena and Blaze were frantically waving for help. The two earthponies looked relieved as Atrimy and Eminence flew down to hoist them up. Electric arrived soon after, and inevitably concern for Flushie rose until they saw her hurriedly zooming towards them.

"Waaaaait!" Came the familiar voice yelling from below. The pegasus came rushing toward them, and once she'd caught her breath she explained how she'd been stopped by Micronaut border controls.

"Huh, the same thing happened to me. I wonder why they stopped us only to let us go?" Electric pondered.

"Well, in any case, I think we better make a move before Quinty rinses and spits!" Blaze pointed out, and almost on cue there was an almighty gurgle from the residue below, as Quinty spat out into the sink. The gang held on tight to the large shaking uvula and, once it was safe, made their way upwards through a small passage.

---

On the base of the uvula, not far from where the Germbusters had been, Dentsmith stood at the suspended building's observation platform. The team of border patrol officers steamed in, switching on a screen to present their findings and scans to the boss. The screen lit up brightly with eight images shown one by one, each one met with various text stats and data, and finally a big green tick before proceeding to the next one. Each image depicted a pony, and each one Dentsmith smiled knowingly at, getting his telephone and punching in a number.