• Published 12th Apr 2023
  • 152 Views, 1 Comments

Steam Equestria - StellaSteam



Time of harmony has ended as the mane six were transported to the future as the last and final act of Princess Luna. Will the mane six survive? Where is Princess Celestia? What the hay is steampunk? I do not own MLP and steampunk is for everyone.

  • ...
 1
 152

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was a one year celebration of peace and harmony, Twilight and co have been invited to Canterlot to celebrate this accomplishment. Of course Pinkie Pie was more than excited to help set up the party. Twilight, on the other hoof, would rather spend the day with her friends and finish the night off with a sleepover. Though the rest of her friends would rather have fun as a group in a party. Rarity was over excited to personally tailor dresses for all six of them, while Applejack make her family’s’ apple themed treats, for Rainbowdash to clear the skies, and for Fluttershy to choreograph the animals from Princess Celestia’s garden to sing to guests who enter the palace halls.

Twilight took some alone time to visit her old room for the first time in what feels like forever, even though it was barely a couple of months ago. She scanned the dusty shelves at all the books she had on those old shelves. The lavender alicorn spotted a book that she never seen before on the very end on the highest shelf. Unfurling her wings, Twilight made her way up to the book, inspecting it a little closer. Twilight wracked her brain to remember this book, then she read the book’s title.

“Time Travel and Shadow Beasts”

She tried to read the author’s name, but she couldn’t find it on the spine. Twilight reached out with her magic and levitated the old book out. She search the cover and inner pages, only to find that there was none. She dug through her memories to remember is she has even read this book before. She does not remember reading it, nor even purchasing said book. It left Twilight confused, so she began reading it. Getting lost in the words on the pages, Twilight missed a knock at her door.
“Twilight? Are you there?” A motherly voice drifted in, it was the voice of Princess Celestia.
Twilight blinked and looked up, before realizing who was at her door. With her magic she flung the door open in a slight panic fashion.
“Princess Celestia, hi, do you need something? Or anything I could help with?” Twilight asked in a frantic and failed casual tone.
“I was coming to check up on you, since we will be having dinner soon.” The Princess of the sun stayed in a calm gentle tone, a smile danced on her lips.
“Oh is it almost that time already?” Twilight asked, tilting her head slightly.
The alabaster alicorn nodded her head, her flowing mane gently whipped in the invisible solar winds. The young lavender Princess sighed softly, then smiled.
“I suppose I lost track of time while I was reading a book I don’t remember reading, let alone buying it.” Twilight stated, wrapping the strange book in her magic, levitating it up to her old mentor.
That was when Princess Celestia’s’ smile faded, a look of concerned and confusion grew on her face. Her eyebrows knitted as she read the title, before grabbing it in her own magic. Her face became calm and neutral, however her light grayish magenta eyes showed a hit of fear. That’s when Twilight knew, something was up. She had a small debate in her mind to question the Princess of the Sun.

“What is it, Princess Celestia?” The lavender alicorn asked while tilting her head.

“This book has been missing from my library for almost a year. It’s been in here the whole time, and you’ve been reading it. Tell me, Twilight, what have you learned?” Princess Celestia asked, her tone was tensed.

“I’ve learned about time travel, I understand it more now than from Starswurl the Beardeds’ time spell. I was about to start on Shadow Beasts.” Twilight answered thoughtfully.

“That’s a good place to end there for now then.” Princess Celestia stated, her voice had a hint of a stern motherly tone.

“Is there something wrong, Princess?” Twilight asked, caution rising in her voice.

“We’ll discuss the matter later, for now let’s enjoy our nightly meal then rest up for tomorrow. Everything is prepared for the celebration. I must say, Pinkie Pie has out done herself for this celebration. More so than the annual Gala.” The Princess of the sun commented, as they both glanced around at the decorations.

“She is an amazing party planner.” Twilight replied with a fond smile.

The twin doors opened at the same time as they reached it to enter the dining hall. Princess Luna, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack were all sitting at the large table, waiting for the missing pair. Twilight smiled embarrassedly as her face grew just a little warm. She took her place in an empty seat close to both her friends and Princess Celestia. Soon their evening meal has begun and the conversations started up. All discussing what they each thought what the celebration was going to be like. The beautiful outfits, the amazing treats, the fun music and dancing, and more.

Pinkie Pie even commented to everyone that she personally hired DJ Pone-3 to DJ the party for them. Of course Rarity asked about Songbird Serenade, but apparently the mentioned pegasus was booked for other parties. Twilight was, personally, excited to see Tempest again. Something was missing though. Twilight’s parents were coming, then she realized that her BBBFF and sister in law were not coming. They were going to celebrate with King Thorax and the rest of the liberated changeling hive. Then Twilight overheard Rainbow Dash mention that Gava would be joining them with Gallus, and Gabby. Spike would be happy to see Gabby again.

Then the lavender alicorn snuck a glance at Princess Celestia, seeing the troubled look on her face. Twilight assured the sun Princess that everything will go right at the celebration. No matter what happens. For the Princess of Friendship and her friends would face the threat together, and win for the safety of Equestria. However little did she know, her future would change drastically, forever.