• Published 11th Sep 2020
  • 1,631 Views, 49 Comments

My Final Pony Fantasy - Vimtrust5



Twilight and her friends are transported to the world of the first Final Fantasy.

  • ...
0
 49
 1,631

Prologue: The Chamber of Crystals

Author's Note:

Inspired by Dinodisneylover1's The Disney Chronicles, extremeenigma02's Cinematic Adventures, and Phantom-Dragon's Game Quest projects.

Also, with the exception of the original game's Prelude and Prologue, I'm going to be using the PS1 version of the soundtrack for the rest of the story, but you can play the NES versions if you want.

Final Fantasy is property of Square-Enix

In the mystical land of Equestria lived several multicolored ponies gifted with unique abilities: earth ponies who could grow crops and do hard labor on ground, the winged pegasi that flew across the skies and control the weather, unicorns, horned ponies who could use magic, and the alicorns, a combination of unicorn and pegasus with extremely powerful magic. Only four such ponies existed so far.

Six of these wondrous creatures are known to be the best of friends and Equestria's heroes (even though some ponies are unaware of the latter). They lived in the small town of Ponyville where everypony of varying types lived. Their names were Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle.

Our story, however, begins not in Ponyville, but in the the resting place of the Crystal Heart, the source of all power in the Crystal Empire.

One night, the Crystal Heart began glowing an ethereal light, gaining the attention of a passing patrol pony.

"What the?!" he shouted. "I-I've gotta tell the royal couple!!"

And just like that, he bolted towards the throne room and found that Princess Cadence and Shining Armor weren't there. Next, he went to the royal chambers and pounded the door frantically.

"Princess Cadence! Shining Armor!" said the guard.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" asked Shining Armor.

"Your Highness! Captain! The Crystal Heart is glowing for some reason!"

"Huh?" said Cadence. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, Your Highness. Please come with me!"

The three reached their destination, and to Cadence's surprise, the guard was correct.

"I don't understand. Why is it--"

Before she could finish her question, the relic beamed even brighter almost blinding the three ponies present. Images and visions began to appear in front of Cadence and her husband, some wonderful and some unnerving, and in each of them were creatures they had never seen before: dancing cacti with faces, and most of all, humans.

In one such vision, they saw a black-caped, silver-haired male with silver shoulder pads looking straightforward calmy while surrounded by a sea of fire, and if this wasn't enough to scare the princess, the creature slowly and nonchalantly turned around walking into the flames without a hint of fear or remorse.

Cadence shuddered at what had seen, moving next to Shining Armor for comfort. Thankfully the next thing the Crystal Heart showed was a little more tranquil: a teenage girl in a blue feather-duster smiling to her beloved--a young boy with a scar on his forehead--and sharing a kiss on the balcony of a floating vessel. The Princess of Love and her husband smiled at the vision.

The next, and last images, weren't of the other creatures but six familiar cutie marks: a rainbow-colored lightning bolt, a set of apples, several balloons, three blue diamonds, pink butterflies, and finally a six-pointed star surrounded by five smaller ones.

Cadence couldn't believe what she saw, and neither could her husband.

"Twily's cutie mark? And her friends?" said Shining Armor, wondering why his sister and friends' cutie mark were being displayed. "We need to tell Princess Celestia and Luna."

"I will write them right away," said the guard as he left.

"Twilight and the others? But why?"


Ponyville
The next morning

It had been a week since Twilight and Spike finally accepted the Castle of Friendship as their new home since the evil Tirek destroyed the Golden Oak Library. Although Twilight found herself more and more comfortable in her new abode, she still missed her beloved tree-home as did her friends. There was not a single moment they didn't think back on all the times they met there, having fun parties, looking up magic spells, trying to solve a friendship problem, or hanging out in general.

"Good morning, everypony," said Twilight.

"Mornin', sugarcube!" said Applejack. "How y'all doin'?"

"Pretty good," answered Spike.

"Likewise," said Twilight.

"Ditto!" Pinkie Pie shouted, making everypony cover their ears.

"Volume, Pinkie!" said Rainbow Dash. "Anway, I'm good."

"Same here," said Fluttershy.

"Ugh..." Rarity groaned, causing the others to look at her strangely.

"Are... you okay, Rarity?" asked Spike.

"Oh, not at all, darling," she answered. "I was up all night designing the latest--"

"Here we go again," Applejack complained, not wanting to hear another Rarity rant about fashion.

"I beg your PARDON?!" Rarity exclaimed.

Twilight groaned. "I thought we were past this point, girls."

"Why can't we all just... get along?" Fluttershy sighed.

The farmgirl and the fashionista, however, were too busy arguing with each other to listen to anything else, causing the others to roll their eyes and shake their heads.

Suddenly, Spike let out a flame. "Look, everypony!" he said. "A letter from Princess Celestia."

Applejack and Rarity immediately stopped arguing upon hearing this and rushed over to hear what their monarch had to say.

"What's it say?! What's it SAY?!" Pinkie asked excitedly.

"Dear Twilight,

My niece needs you and your friends at the Crystal Empire. I will meet you all there as quickly as possible.

Yours Truly,

Princess Celestia"

"The Crystal Empire?" said Rainbow Dash. "What are we waiting for?! Let's go!"


The Crystal Empire

After a long train ride, our heroes finally arrived at the Crystal Empire. While rushing to the Crystal Palace with the girls, Spike received passing admiration from the inhabitants for his past deed of saving them from King Sombra. Upon reaching the Crystal Heart's pedestal, the ponies and dragon saw that Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor were already there.

"Everyone! We came as fast as we could."

"It's good to see you, too, Twilight," said Celestia. "But we've no time for social calls; look at the Crystal Heart!"

The girls gasped at seeing the images that Cadence and Shining Armor had seen before.

"What does this mean? Why is the--"

Just then the girls' cutie marks begin to resonate.

"What's going on?!" Rainbow shouted. "Why are our cutie marks glowing?"

"I believe I can answer that," a new voice responded, catching our heroes' attention.

"Who said that?" asked Twilight, she and the rest of the group looking around in confusion.

"It was I, Twilight Sparkle."

"Where are you? Show yourself!" Luna commanded.

The voice chuckled warmly. "I am right in front of you, Princess Luna." Sure enough, the light in the Crystal Heart began to glow and dim whenever the voice spoke.

"The Crystal Heart?" asked Cadence.

"Not precisely. I am the essence of a lost soul from a different world than Equestria. There are many others."

"Another world? Like the human world where Sunset Shimmer lives?"

"Not quite. Perhaps it will be easier to show you the way..."

And with those words, the possessed Crystal Heart shot a beam of light towards Twilight and her friends with the exception of Spike, shocking everypony present, and all of a sudden, they disappeared leaving everyone else in the chamber in shock.

"T-Twilight?!" Celestia called.

"Twilight!!" Cadence cried.

"TWILIGHT!!!" Spike shouted. "Rainbow Dash! Applejack! Fluttershy! Pinkie Pie! Rarity! Where are you?"

"Do not worry, everyone," said the voice. "They have been transported to the Chamber of Crystals."

"The Chamber of... Crystals??" asked a skeptical Shining Armor. "Why was I not informed of this? My wife and I know this palace like the back of our hooves, and there isn't any secret chamber like that! ...Is there?"

"There is no such area in the palace. I am sure of that."

"How are you so certain?" Cadence asked suspiciously, raising an eyebrow.

"I'd like to know as well," Celestia agreed.

"Because the Chamber does not exist in Equestria."

"What?!"


The Chamber of Crystals

After a few short minutes, Twilight and the others regained consciousness, reeling from the recent experience.

"Is everypony alright?"

"Ugh..." said Pinkie Pie. "I can't even remember the last time I felt so.. blah."

Just then, the voice from before made its presence known, speaking from a giant crystal floating in the center of the area on a square pedestal. "Welcome, my little ponies."

"All right, pardner," said an angry Applejack. "You've got some explainin' to do. Where in tarnation are we and why'd ya bring us here?"

"Very well... In this chamber lie 16 crystals that serve as the doorways to several different yet similar worlds."

Sure enough, surrounding the ponies were 16 crystals, each labeled with a Roman numeral.

"What the heck kind of letters are these?" said Rainbow.

"Those are not letters, Rainbow Dash," said the voice." "They are numbers."

"Numbers?"

"Yes, numbers. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen."

"Okay, so what do you want us to do?"

"There is great evil at work from your realm that has corrupted one of these worlds and is plotting to return to Equestria to wreak havoc once more."

The girls gasped at this revelation and were shocked beyond belief.

"But that's not possible!" Twilight exclaimed. "Princess Luna's back to normal."

"And Discord is reformed, I think." Rarity interjected.

"King Sombra was taken care of," Rainbow added.

"Tirek is back in Tarturus," said Fluttershy.

"I wonder where that leaves that mean old Changeling..." Pinkie said, then gasping. "That means--"

*music fades out*

"Yes," the voice answered. "Queen Chrysalis and her Changelings have escaped into one of these worlds and are conspiring with the villains who disrupt the peace and imperil all who live there."

"How is that possible?" asked Twilight. "How did they even enter that world in the first place?"

"After their defeat in Canterlot, the Changelings had somehow found themselves in a dying world."

"A dying world?"

In response to her question, the small crystal with labeled under the Roman numeral I glowed and showed our heroes a glimpse of a world in near ruins.

"This world is shrouded in darkness. The earth has begun to rot and decay, the wind has died, the sea rages on."

"Oh, my," said a distraught Fluttershy. "How awful."

"There is still hope, little ones."

"There is?"

"A prophecy has kept hope alive in the hearts of the people: 'When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.'"

These words left the ponies confused.

"Warriors of Light?" asked a skeptical Applejack.

"Yes," said the voice, "and after a long journey, four young warriors did appear at last, each one holding a mysterious crystal."

"What about us?" said Rainbow Dash.

"You are to aid these travelers on their quest, defeat the evil corrupting the world, and bring Chrysalis to justice."

"YES!!"

"A word of caution, my friends."

"Huh?"

"When you arrive in this world and possibly the next ones after, you may not all appear together."

Pinkie gasped, "You mean we're gonna get separated from each other with the possibility that we may never see each other again?! I don't think I can stand being away from my friends after such a long time, and that can make my head spin and--"

"Pinkie!" Everypony exclaimed.

"Fear not, Pinkie Pie," the voice said, "for some of you may appear together and you may travel all over and reunite with your friends."

"YAAAAY!!" Pinkie Pie yelled, causing everypony to cringe and cover their ears.

"And one more thing..."

"What now?" said an exasperated Rainbow.

"You might also find yourselves without your natural abilities at the start of your journey, and you may notice something missing upon your arrival."

"WHAT?!" Twilight yelled. "You mean we can't use our magic or fly?!"

"I am afraid so," the voice responded. "To regain your skills, you must defeat any and all enemies you come across."

*music stops*

Just then a portal began to appear, drawing the girls' attention.

"I guess that's our cue," said Twilight.

"All right!" said Rainbow Dash.

Rarity sighed, "Well, if you insist."

"If it means helping every creature live," said Fluttershy, "I'll go, too."

"Ooooh, I'm so excited!" yelled Pinkie Pie.

"Well, shoot," said Applejack. "C'mon, y'all! Let's go save another world."

With those words, our leapt into the portal, ready for action once more.

"Good luck, ponies," the voice said as the portal closed. "May the light of the Crystals shine!"

What awaits our heroes on the other side of that door? A brand new beginning for them all? Or their final fantasy?

*music fades out*