• Published 1st Sep 2020
  • 559 Views, 7 Comments

Lost, But Not Forgotten - Wheezyandbreezy



A pegasus does not fly with just their wings.

  • ...
2
 7
 559

A Tumble Down Memory Lane

A much younger Scootaloo gleefully watched her very favorite babysitter Rainbow Dash performing the tricks she'd learned at junior speedsters flight camp. Her mother had warned Rainbow Dash to keep her away from the edge of the clouds, so she was only doing the basics. Scootaloo clapped her tiny hooves together as the rainbow maned pegasus dove and rolled and twirled effortlessly in the air. Her head swung back and forth as the sky blue filly rocketed as fast as she could across the cloud lawn.

Rainbow's glances back to make sure Scootaloo was okay became less and less frequent as she soared higher and higher through the clear blue sky. The orange filly had to lean further and further out to see her first hero displaying all that a pegasus could do. Before she knew it the rainbow streaking across the sky had been replaced by the green and brown of the world below rising up to meet her. By the time her scream had hit Rainbow Dash's ears she was already halfway down to the ground. Rainbow Dash gasped and booked it down to the shrinking orange dot, but even as young as she was she knew she'd never reach the falling filly in time.

Just as she was about to give in to despair a yellow blur rocketed past the young flyer. Scootaloo saw her mother speeding towards her and she reached out desperately for her. Rainbow Dash's heart rose for the shortest moment when she saw that she'd get to the plummeting pony before she hit the ground. Then her eyes snapped open when she realized Scootaloo's mother would never be able to pull out of the dive in time. She let out a silent scream of horror at what she knew was about to happen.

A second before she hit the ground Scootaloo's mother pulled her tight to her chest and rolled to cushion the impact on her daughter. The pair hit the ground at full terminal velocity with a sickening crack that Rainbow Dash, as high as she was in the air, was able to hear. She dashed down as fast as her wings could carry her, but she knew it was too late. Scootaloo's mother lay limply on the ground, eyes glazed over, blood seeping slowly from her mouth and ears.