• Published 5th Sep 2020
  • 955 Views, 19 Comments

The Principal Trouble - Teddie Williams



Celestia doesn't know what to think. First two new students, now Seven new Superheroes. This is gonna be one school year that she would never forget...

  • ...
1
 19
 955

Internships and A Newcomer

Celestia wondered vaguely what it was that Rarity Belle wanted to speak with her about. Not that she was too worried, it just wasn't really like the girl to ask for a meeting with the principal. The TV was on in the corner, the volume turned down so that she didn't have to pay all of her attention on Silent Anger's latest capture. Some poacher that the police had been having a hard time finding. The two heroes were clearly solos, having already proven that they work best alone... though Humble Heart would try and track down Silent Anger whenever she found herself up against someone with animal based powers.

"Sis? Rarity is here to see you." Luna stuck her head in the doorway, snapping her back into the here and now.

"Send her in." Celestia doubled checked that her office was tidy, the school board might have said something about sending someone over for an inspection... and update on any improvements. While she could say that everyone was still very much clique proud, more people were showing up for fundraisers and such as long as it was themed around the new heroes.

Rarity slipped in, a quick scan of the usually emaculate student was slightly disheveled, a few strands of hair escaping her elegant looking French braid. Wringing her hands, she glanced nervously down at the floor. "I do not mean to bother you... but Amazinshine is offering an internship to a lucky high schooler... and it happens to be a dream of mine to work there... I was wondering if you wouldn't mind writing up a letter of recommendation for me?"

Celestia immediately felt relief flood her. Here she was thinking it was something horrible, rather something that she had prepared for the second she had heard about the internship. "I was wondering if you were going to go for it. Consider it done." She fought the urge to pull out the already written referral. No need for her to think that she was a smidgen too obsessed with her students abilities to grow in the areas that they enjoy. But seriously though, just applying to the internship, complete with having Celestia write up the referral, would look pretty good the snobby school board.

"Oh! Thank you! Now all I have to do is finish a design for practical part of the interview process!" Rarity leapt up, excitement dancing in her eyes as she suddenly hugged her principal. Realizing what it was that she had just done, Rarity blushed as she took a step back. "Sorry... got a little too excited there."

"Apology accepted. Now then... I believe the drama club is meeting right about now."


If there was one thing that Celestia enjoyed more than sitting in her office while helping her students, it was going to the pier on the weekends. Sunset appeared to be dragging her feet though as they walked away from the Ferris Wheel. "So... what would you like to do next Sunset?" Celestia glanced over longingly at the new roller coaster at the other end of the town's fun zone.

Sunset shrugged, her gaze sweeping through the area almost nervously, as if she was half expecting something bad to happen. Which was nuts. Everyone knew that Humble Heart was in the next town over beating up some supervillain, while Silent Anger was in a meeting with the police. Something about her wanting to see if she couldn't solve some cold cases for them. "I don't particularly care what we do next." She glanced over at Celestia, as if to double check that there is some distance between the two of them.

Celestia sighed at that, glancing around to see if there was anything that might make her change her mind. Somehow something told her that the merry go round, while a classic, wouldn't go over very well. And as much as she would love to try the new ride, its line was way too long for her liking. And then there was the problem that any ride where Sunset might get bumped she was rather adamant on not going on. Thing was though, Celestia knew from watching Sunset interact with Philomena that she didn't seem to mind being touched... though that could just be because she was a bird and not a person. Hmm... maybe...

"Run!" Someone bolted past Celestia, brushing harmlessly against Sunset.

Sunset somehow tensed and flinched at the same time, even as her eyes oddly enough turned into glowing white orbs for the brief second that the contact was. Snapping her head up, she glanced over to where the guy was running to. "Maybe we should run too..." Was it just her, or had some of Sunset's color left her?

"Are you alright? You don't look too good." Celestia moved to touch Sunset's forehead. Sunset dodged her attempt, something that didn't surprise Celestia, but still made her upset. Why was she so against anyone touching her?

"Let's just go." Sunset twisted around, hurriedly scanning the area. "There's a caricature booth over there."

Celestia opened her mouth to point out that she just said that she didn't care what they did... and she didn't remember seeing one, only for the reason for the screaming running away from the Pier's entrance to enter her line of view....and yeah. Maybe running away was the right thing to do. It was a new supervillain, this one had green hair that was acting more like tentacles than hair, and pale skin. A dark purple tightfitting suit did nothing for her complexion.

"Wha... who is that!?" Celestia knew she didn't need to worry too much. A hero was going to show up, insult the villain, causing the villain to reveal their name. Except the smarter, more terrified part of her brain pointed out that they were thousands of miles away from New York, and both Humble Heart and Silent Anger were rather busy at the time.

"Does it matter!? We need to run!" Sunset snapped, already backpedaling away from what was about to turn into a battle scene. No scratch that. It was a battle zone, the police that were patrolling around the city were trying to bring her down as she cackled manically as she destroyed the popular for all ages hang out.

Celestia stumbled after her, her gaze refusing to tear away from the newest threat to her students. Oh man... she had a ton of students here since it was the weekend! "Excuse me! Did no one ever tell you that green hair is so last season... and that suit! Absolutely a crime against fashion! If I were you, I would fire your designer."

Stunned, everyone turned around to see a new super hero standing on what appeared to be a floating diamond midair. She was wearing a mostly light blue outfight, though it did have some dark blue accents, and pale diamonds. Like with the other two, her hair hung down to her waist, and that was with it pulled up into a high ponytail. A blue diamond symbol was on her cheek, her ears sharp points. Unlike the last new hero, she had no extra limbs, though a pearly white horn protruded from her forehead.

"Ugly?! My name is Mane-iac! And I'll show you ugly!" The villain lashed her hair out at the new comer.

A snort escaped her, even as she jumped off of the floating diamond, which then promptly disappeared. A pale looking, almost see through pink parachute appeared, slowing down her descent. "Please darling... I can look good no matter what you throw at me. I am Lady Fashionista after all! With my diamond shields and ability to summon anything fashionable to aid me, you don't stand a chance!"

"Ms. Stardust!" Sunset's voice snapped Celestia's attention off of the rather confident new heroine, towards her charge, who was standing a little ways off, underneath the canopy of a beachfront store.

"Right...coming." She could always watch the highlights of the fight on the news later.

Author's Note:

Hi! So...yeah. Humble Heart and Silent Anger didn't so up in this chapter. Anyone else notice something off about Sunset? Uh... yeah.... sorry for the long wait. I knew I needed to get Lady Fashionista introduced next, but it just wasn't happening. So I decided to work on writing her origin story (I am working on writing everyone's origin stories, though it will be posted under Chaotic Harmony, which is a collection of one-shots in this universe that are canon to the story in the heroes POV of things. I have three of the origin stories typed up... just need to finish typing the others before I post the first one-shot.) I hope you all enjoyed this little chapter... also guesses on who Lady Fashionista is?

Teddie

Oh! I forgot! I couldn't think of a villain this time, so I borrowed from my little pony: friendship is magic! That's why Mane-iac is in here!