• Published 5th Sep 2020
  • 1,288 Views, 68 Comments

An Apple in the Mushroomy Kingdom - LordCalamity



Apple Bloom enters a warp pipe that leads to a new world, now finds herself making friends with the Koopa king.

  • ...
1
 68
 1,288

Prologue: The Warp Pipe

Author's Note:

Greetings readers, this will be my first crossover for the Mario series. I really enjoy the Mario and Luigi RPG games for the character designs and personality. Now, I won't be covering all of the Super Mario game series for reasons that it might take a long time to do all of them in this crossover. I'll at least acknowledge some of them during certain chapters but for the most part, this will focus more on the Mario and Luigi games. As for the MLP canon this will take place during the middle of season 5. That means the Cutie Mark Crusaders haven't gotten their cutie marks yet and that is how I'll work from there. Other than that, enjoy reading!

At the clearing of the Everfree forest, there were three fillies trotting to the entrance. They were an orange pegasus named Scootaloo, a white furred unicorn named Sweetie Belle, and a yellow furred earth pony named Apple Bloom. They were known together as the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and now they are about to enter the forest feeling unsure how this will turn out for them.

"Remind me again, why are we here Apple Bloom?" Scootaloo questions her filly friend.

"Well a'hm glad ya asked Scoots." Apple Bloom answers. She had invited her Crusader friends to accompany her to the forest with renowned enthusiasm. "A'hm goin on an adventure to see some new stuff awaitin in this here forest!" She raises her forehooves and turns to her friends.

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo gives her a deadpanned expression.

Apple Bloom lowers her hooves to the ground. "Ya don't seem excited. Is there something wrong?"

Scootaloo was about to speak up only for Sweetie to raise her hoof. "Oh I don't know, maybe its the fact that we are about to wander into the Everfree forest, where there will be dangerous creatures and all sorts of weird and scary stuff out there that could GET US KILLED!" Sweetie shouted firmly.

"So? Ah was hoping ya'll might be onboard with goin with me and to some place new."

"I think Sweetie Belle is right, we might get in trouble doing this. Besides, won't your sister find out you've been going to the Everfree forest by yourself ?"

"Well...um...yeah she might find soon, b-but thats why Ah wanna go on adventurin. Now don't get me wrong, ah do like spendin some time workin at the farm, but ah just want to go on adventures just like Applejack. Ya'now, like when we found that giant squid in the lake, or how we went into the Crystal Empire with Spike. Ah want to do more of that." Apple Bloom then gestures to the forest in front of them.

"No offense Apple Bloom, but I don't think we should be here its far to dangerous even for us. I'm sure we'll find a way to get our cutie marks by doing anything else." Apple Bloom frowns at Scootaloo. "Er..Sweetie help me out here." Scootaloo whispers.

Sweetie Belle glances at the forest before turning to leer over Apple Bloom. "Nope, sorry, but you are on your own with this one. I'm going back home, if you two want to get lost in the woods then be my guest!" Sweetie Belle spoke as she begins to walk away.

"Hey c'mon Sweetie, we just need to-"

"Ya know what? Fine! Ah guess ah'm goin to have an adventure with or without ya'll!" Apple Bloom shouts as she takes a few steps into the forest. "And don't none of ya'll come crying for when ah find somethin amazin for when Ahs git back!" Apple Bloom enters the Everfree forest mumbling to herself as she goes further into the deep woods.

Scootaloo glances back to Sweetie and tries to convince her. "Shouldn't we go after her? Apple Bloom could get hurt."

As much as the little unicorn doesn't want to get involved, she has to for the safety of her best friends. Sweetie Belle sighs. "Alright, lets get going before anything else happens to her." Without hesitation, Sweetie Bell strolls towards the forest to go and search for the apple filly. "Once we find her, I'm gonna knock some sense into that pony." She muttered.

Scootaloo walks alongside Sweetie together to find their friend otherwise, if they don't get in trouble with their sisters.


Apple Bloom ventures further into the Everfree forest for a couple of minutes jumping over tree roots and watching for any creatures that might potentially attack her. So far everything seemed calm as she went deeper into the tree infested woods until she came across a clearing over at the distance. She galloped over to the light shimmering overhead and breathed in the fresh air. She takes a look over to the open space and came across an unusual sight.

There was a large green object on a hill in Apple Bloom's sight. It looked like a long green cylinder with an opening at the top that is embedded in the ground. Curious, the filly trotted up to the object fascinated at the sight of it. She walks around the perimeter of the thing in front of her making sure there was nothing else behind the object.

Suddenly, she hears a snap coming from behind her. "I think she went this way, c'mon!" She hears Scootaloo's voice coming from the forest which leads to believe Apple Bloom that her friends are looking for her.

"Scootaloo? Hey! Ahm over here!" Apple Bloom calls out to her allowing the pegasus filly to hear her from the forest. She can hear the sounds of hooves trotting towards her, Apple Bloom smiles whe she sees not only Scootaloo, but also Sweetie Belle alongside her.

"We found you!" Scootaloo ran up to Apple Bloom and hugged the apple filly with her hoof. "We are so glad you are safe! And surprisingly, we did not run into any wild animals."

Sweetie Belle slowly walks over to Apple Bloom eyes closed and when she approached her, Sweetie conks the earth pony on the head with her hoof.

"OW! Wut was that for?" Apple Bloom said as she rubs her head.

"That, was for running into danger without thinking." Sweetie Belle said nonchalantly. The unicorn filly hugs her friend afterwards smiling a little. "Don't do that again"

"Heh, I don't make any promises." The apple filly said smirking. After recovering from the hit, Apple Bloom shows her two friends the object on the hill. "Hey girls, Ah wanna show you somethin." The three fillies walked up to the green thing on the hill. "Well? What do ya think?"

Sweetie and Scootaloo looked at the object which made them, unimpressed. They narrowed their eyes.

"Apple Bloom...Thats a pipe." Scootaloo said bluntly.

"Yeah, I'm preeetty sure that is a pipe." Sweetie Belle said. She takes another glance at the green pipe. "Although, it is a weird looking pipe, aren't they usually underground?"

Apple Bloom walks over to the pipe then she taps it resulting in a clanging noise indicates that it is made of metal. "Your right, it is a pipe." She takes a few steps back and frowned. "Ah came all the way here to find a stupid pipe in the middle of nowhere?!" Apple Bloom angrily yelled. "Of all tha things ah found in this gosh darned forest is a STUPID PIPE!" The apple filly goes over to the pipe and delivers a buck to it which made her back hooves sore. "Ow!"

Suddenly, the pipe flashes for a second that made the fillies jump.

Scootaloo jumps on Apple Bloom's shoulders standing on her back hooves, she gasps in amazement. "Hey look, I think I see something down there!" Scootaloo told them.

"Really? Let me see it!" Apple Bloom shoves Scootaloo off her and jumps onto the pegasus' back.

"Hey!"

"Sorry!" Apple Bloom apologizes.

"What are you doing now?" Sweetie Belle asks.

Unbeknownst to them, Sweetie Belle trips on a small rock pushing Scootaloo which made Apple bloom lose balance and fell into the pipe.

"Woooaaaaaahh!" Apple Bloom hollered as she falls into the pipe into the pitch black darkness.

"Apple Bloom!!!" Both fillies said in unison.

"Hang on, I'm coming!" Sweetie Belle shouted. She jumps on Scootaloo and up towards the hole. But when she entered the pipe, she fell on her head into the bottom. "Owwwwwwch!" The unicorn filly moaned.

Scootaloo jumps on the ledge of the pipe only to gasp in surprise that the pipe not very deep. She manages to pull up Sweetie Belle out of the pipe and onto the ground.

"B-But, H-How is that possible? Where did Apple Bloom go?" Scootaloo asks Sweetie Belle as she is rubbing her head.

"I d-don't know, but we should tell Twilight about this weird pipe and how Apple Bloom went missing."

"NO!" Scootaloo tackles Sweetie presses her hooves to the unicorns cheeks. "If they figure out Apple Bloom went missing on her own, then she'll be in big trouble! Not to mention the both of us if they found out we went to the Everfree forest!" Scootaloo frantically said.

"So whut are you shaying ecshactly?" Sweetie Belle muffled.

Scootaloo speaks frantically. "I'm saying, we keep this a-ah secret between just the two of us! We just play it cool, and nopony is going to figure out that we went into the Everfree forest. Ye-Yeah! So until then, we'll just need somepony to fill in for Apple Bloom and-"

"Scoots! We need! To tell Them!" Sweetie cuts her sentence firmly.

"Okay fine!" Scootaloo shouted. The pegasus filly sighs. "We''ll break the news to Applejack and the others. C'mon lets just go, hopefully they'll find her." With that said, Scootaloo walks toward the passage of the Everfree forest not wanting to leave Sweetie Belle behind. The unicorn filly makes one concerned look towards the pipe and follows Scootaloo back to the woods.

Apple Bloom finds herself falling in an endless void of darkness all around herself. She closes her eyes and braces for whatever is on the other side of the pipe she fell into. It feels like she had been falling for hours until she sees light shimmering from the bottom. The next thing the earth pony filly knows, the light envelops her surrounding until everything was in a white light.