• Published 28th Jul 2020
  • 2,026 Views, 14 Comments

Alicorn Body Sharing - Nineveh Orion



Twilight and Cadance take their relationship to a new level.

  • ...
13
 14
 2,026

Chapter 1

As Ponyville finally faded into the distance as the Friendship Express puffed its way north, Twilight allowed herself to finally settle in and enjoy the trip. While she normally enjoyed the train ride, her mind was going over just why she was here.

Cadance had asked her to come to the Crystal Empire, and on such short notice as well. There was nothing going on as far as Twilight knew, and the letter had not said much either. Not that she did not mind seeing Cadance of course. Far from it in fact. Twilight wished they could see each other far more often than they normally could. More so now that the two of them were marefriends.

A fact that still sometimes took her by surprise. But she wouldn't change all that had happened between the two of them for all of Equus, and neither would Cadance. Love was her thing after all. It also helped that the two of them were sisters in all but blood. With Twilight being an only child, and Cadance being twice adopted (first by an earth pony family as an orphan Pegasus, and then by Princess Celestia after her ascension), it was natural for the two of them.

But living on opposite ends of Equestria as they did, made finding time to see each other difficult at the best of times. Train rides were not cheap, even for a princess. It was something that Twilight hoped to one day do something about. It was not like she would ever not run out of time. No matter how much she didn't even want to think about it, that was her reality now. She was immortal. Forever young and in the prime of her youth, while her friends would grow old and eventually die.

With that depressing thought, Twilight opened her saddlebags and pulled out some light reading. She did not worry about her friends in Ponyville too much. Spike and Starlight could take care of themselves after all.

Another perk of being a princess, again whether Twilight wanted it or not, was that she had the train car all to herself. Granted, she probably could have gotten it on either her old or new credentials, but it was something she tried not to use. Today though, she had the car to herself. It had given her plenty of room to pace back and forth as the train pulled away from Ponyville before now, wondering what Cadance could want? It had also given her some new perspective. Alicorns, it seemed, could keep going for a long time on very little.

It helped explain how her mentor had been able to rule Equestria so well for a thousand years all alone until Princess Luna had returned. Twilight had made a note of that. Now she wouldn't have to worry about getting much sleep if this held true for everything.

But all of that pacing had gotten her nowhere closer to understanding what Cadance could want to her show her. She hoped it was not anything bad, or worse yet, explicit. She did not think she was ready for that, just yet. Even if she was plenty old enough now, thank you very much.

Sighing, Twilight turned back to her book. She had brought several books with her to read on the trip north to the Crystal Empire. While the service was much better than it had been when the empire had first returned, it was still a two day-long trip, depending on what time you left. If things held out, Twilight would arrive sometime the next evening. She hoped so at least. It would give her plenty of time to try and figure out just what exactly was going on. Or so she hoped anyway.


Cadance couldn't help herself, as she paced her bedroom. She squeed like a school filly as she again thought of what she was soon to her marefriend, Twilight. The thought made her blush. That she and Twilight were together now, still took her by surprise sometimes. The two of them had been friends for a long time, of course, Cadance having been her foalsitter for years, but never in all that time had she thought they would ever be like this.

Cadance had always preferred mares to stallions, a fact that her old family had known, and had supported as well, even though it had taken them by surprise. Aunt Celestia knew as well, and was just as shocked, but was just as supportive. If anypony had not been surprised, it had been Aunt Luna, who also preferred mares over stallions.

She had known for some time that Twilight had feelings for her that went beyond just friendship, but she had never expected the younger mare to act on them. Or at least as soon as she had at least. Her life in Ponyville though must have been having more of an effect on her than Cadance had known. It had finally come to a head at the last Grand Galloping Gala.

Maybe it had been too much to drink, or maybe she had finally worked up the courage to make a move, but Twilight had confidently trotted up to Cadance and, in full view of the entire gala, asked her to dance. She must have done some research, for Twilight had done so in the formal, archaic, manner of the ancient Crystal Empire.

A move that had gone over exceedingly well with the Crystal Ambassador to Equestria. Twilight only endeared herself to him even more so when she and Cadance had done one of the empire's most respected dances. And while Twilight's dancing was nowhere near as bad as it had once been, more than once Cadance had to whisper in the mare's ears how to do a certain dance step.

Cadance had never been one to say no to dance with anyone, no matter who they might be, but during this, she had noticed that something else was on Twilight's mind and she seemed to be working up to something.

Only at the end had it finally clicked. As the dance had ended, Twilight had smiled up at the older mare and had leaned in and kissed her right on the lips. And it was not a sloppy kiss either, but a deep and sensual one. Shocked as she had been, Cadance had been more than happy to return it. Her magic had gone crazy after that, reaching out, as had Twilight's, and intertwined with the younger mare's in a deep way.

Most would call it a soulmate, but no matter what it was called, it was beautiful, and it was theirs.

Celestia and Luna had been more than happy to endorse it, even if Celestia had always been more for a stallion if she could ever find one. But underneath it, there was an undercurrent of sadness. No matter what, Cadance would outlive Twilight. There was no way to change that. All alicorns were immortal, even an ascended one like Cadance. Cadance had vowed to make their time together worth it.

With the entire Gala seeing the kiss, it was across Equestria and the Crystal Empire in no time. Twilight was already liked and loved by the crystal ponies for her help in defeating King Sombra, and the Ambassador's remarks on what she had done at the Gala only endeared her more to the empire.

Yes, Spike still got most of the attention, no matter how much he tried to share the accolades, but this made Twilight's star rise even more. That she and her friends had helped the empire get the Equestria Games also helped.

And then had come the time Aunt Celestia had sent Starswirl the Bearded's unfinished spell to Twilight. Cadance hadn't even known it had existed, let alone the plan behind it. But that was all besides the point now. One serious misadventure with cutie marks later, Twilight had ascended to the status of alicorn as well, just like her, and everything that came with that.

Many bottles of cider had been downed after that, supplied by Applejack, and even a few of the best Crystal Empire vintages as well. So many in fact that Twilight was now rather famous for being able to outdrink most of the ponies in the Crystal Empire, and more than a few in Equestria.

Pushing that depressing thought aside with a shake of her head, Cadance walked over and picked up the spell that rested on her nightstand. It was an old one that only alicorns knew of and were also the only ones capable of casting it.

As far as she knew, neither of her aunts had ever cast the spell. Whether it had ever been cast was not known. Aunt Luna had been the one to give it to Cadance a few months ago. But there had been too much going on, so Cadance had put it aside for the moment. With some free time now, it seemed as good as any a chance.

Neither of her aunts knew who had created the spell, or where it had even come from, for neither of them had ever crafted it. There was a theory that it had been crafted by Elder Magic, a magic that only existed in the oldest creation myths of Equus.

Supposedly, it was a magic that only one being could ever cast. The one called the Walker Between the Worlds. Whether that was true or not, nopony knew, for few actually knew of the old creation myths anymore, let alone believed in them. Twilight of course knew about the old myths. But she did not believe in them anymore than most ponies did. Even less so in fact, with her mind so rooted in reasoning and fact.

Cadance bit her lip as she looked the spell over once again. This was asking Twilight a lot, and so soon as well. She would not be too shocked if the younger mare ended up saying no to the whole thing. It would hurt, of course. Cadance had wanted to share this with the mare she loved since she had first seen it. It was something for both of them to share together. Celestia and Luna were on board with the idea.

Now Cadance only hoped Twilight would be okay with it. But there was also another problem, one that came with the spell as well. A side effect that would affect the both of them. No matter how long it lasted.