• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 1,921 Views, 28 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls: Out of the Shadows - AmethystMajesty25



The Rainbooms and Ninjas take on a new, most dangerous foe before their world becomes his to take over.

  • ...
5
 28
 1,921

Nightmare Rarity

Back in the Everfree Forest, Rarity was all tangled up inside the cave where it’s now the Shadow King’s lair.

“Wake up!”

The Shadow King splashed water at Rarity from his water bottle and Rarity started to wake up and opened her eyes. She saw her hands and legs tied up by the shadowy tentacles.

Rarity tried to use her magic, but the shadow magic negated Rarity’s magical powers. “Why can't I move?”

“Hello, Rarity.” Shadow King smiled as the Diamond Dogs looked on and observed.

“Who are you and what do you want from me?!” Rarity yelped.

The Shadow King asked with sadness in his eyes, “Don't you recognize me, Rarity? I helped you before in school, remember?”

“Doesn't ring a bell, darling?” Rarity replied.

“Let me be specific. I was at the library with you and we were study partners.”

Rarity gathered her thoughts and remembered that moment. She figured what he was talking about. She gasped, “Amethyst?”

“That's right. But the old me is gone. This is the new me now. The Shadow King.”

“I refuse to believe that! What's gotten into you, darling? Why are you doing this?” Rarity pleaded.

“Why? Because I want to make your friends suffer. You see, I saw you back at Equestria Land and I was going to give you a gift and ask you out. But sadly, I saw you and your cowgirl friend together. I was so jealous and angry because of your friend. She stole my opportunity from me!”

“What?! That is preposterous! Do you really think I'm that kind of a lady?!” Rarity shouted.

Shadow King answered, “Yes!”

“Well it's not like that, darling. The truth is, Applejack and I were just apologizing to each other and we hugged it out because I didn't listen to my friends about Vignette. I was so dumb and blind, that's all. So please, Amethyst, let me go.”

King Sombra whispered to the Shadow King’s ear without Rarity noticing. “Don’t listen to her. She's using you to get back on the good side.”

The Shadow King never answered as he touched Rarity’s cheek with his hand and kissed her. Their lips were met and the Shadow King loved the feeling of the kiss. Rarity was shocked, but blushed as well as he stopped. The Shadow King celebrated, “How's that for a change? And I got my first kiss! YES!!!”

“How dare you kiss me without asking permission!” Rarity snapped.

Shadow King replied, “Calm down, babe. I just want to tell you how much I care about you. I want to be friends with you. No, more than that. We can finally be a couple and have your little fairytale moment that you always wanted. So please, help me take over the world and rule by my side. That's all I ever wanted from you.”

“Amethyst… I can't. I'm not ready to go on dates yet. It's too much for me to handle. Besides darling, this isn't the first time I get kissed.” Rarity said.

Shadow King responded, “What?”

“It's true, but I'm sorry.”

Shadow King walked back and forth, seething with rage. “No! No! NO! NO! I refused to believe that! If you won't be my queen, then I'll force you to be my queen!”

“Please, Amethyst, stop! Don't do this!” Rarity begged for mercy as Shadow King pointed his staff at her as it glowed.

“You made me do this, Rarity. So now, I don't have a choice,” Shadow King said and fired his magical beam from his staff at Rarity to begin the spell as well as erasing her memories about her accidental kisses. She screamed and writhing in pain as the Diamond Dogs looked on.

“You know something Rarity, you were under pressure before. Just waiting for everything to go well like you're walking on a catwalk. But when the pressure and the fear of your failure gets to you, it makes you a victim. And now that I'm here, I'm going to help you get through that fear and make you stronger. More powerful than any other being you ever fought in the past. You will no longer be a servant to your pathetic, little friends. From this day forward, you will now and forever shall be… my queen.”


Back at Canterlot City, the Turtles, Rainbooms, and Allies were searching and looking for Rarity from her house to everywhere else in the city. Sunset contacted Karai by phone and asked, “Did you find Rarity yet?”

Karai responded, “No. She's not in the Carousel Boutique.”

Sunset then contacted the Turtles outside the mall, “Leo?”

“She's not at the mall.” Leo replied as Mikey exited from the mall with bags in his hands. “Mikey, what were you doing?”

“What? I was shopping for some new wheels for my skateboard.”

“Did you see Rarity?” Raph asked.

“Nope.”

“Great. This is like finding a needle in a haystack. A giant haystack I mean.” Donnie noted.

Leo assured them, “Don't worry, brothers. We'll find her.”

Back at Rarity’s house, the Rainbooms and the CMC searched from every room to find Rarity, but no sign of her.

The girls gathered around in the living room as Sweetie Belle asked, “Well? Did you find my sister?”

Rainbow sighed, “Sorry girls, we can't find Rarity anywhere.”

“Well, where could Rarity have gone off to?” Pinkie asked.

Then, Sunset thought of something and suggested, “Or… maybe she was kidnapped.” Sunset showed them her phone. “She left her phone if you think about it.”

“You know, that does make sense.” Twilight noted until her phone rang. “Hello?”

Shadow King called, “Hello, Twi. If you girls really want to look for your friend, come find me in these coordinates.” He then send the coordinates to the girls’ phones. The coordinates pinpointed Equestria Land.


Minutes later, the Rainbooms, Ninjas, and Allies arrived at the empty Equestria Land and found the Shadow King and the Diamond Dogs at the center.

“Well, well, it's about time you show up.” Shadow King said.

Sunset asked, “Amethyst, where is our friend?”

“Who?” Spot wondered.

“Rarity? That's who? Did you do something to her?” Raph questioned them.

Shadow King answered, “Why don't you fight us and find out for yourself.”

“Yeah, come over here and fight us, chumps.” Rover added as Shadow King glared at him. “Sorry, sir.”

“One way or another, you're going to tell us where Rarity is. And you are also going to pay for what you did to our friend, Applejack.” Sunset called as the Ninjas and Allies armed their weapons ready.

Shadow King answered, “Try me.”

Everyone drew their weapons as the Diamond Dogs got ready.

“Now this doesn't seem like a fair fight. Maybe I should try that spell an old friend gave me.” Shadow King noted as he snapped his fingers and some familiar shadow warriors appeared.

Leo gasped, “Dusk Ninjas?!”

“Surprised? Attack!” The Shadow King ordered.

Before Leo or the others could warn the girls about them, they got swarmed.

Twilight and the others didn't know what the Dusk Ninjas were, so they fought defensively until Pinkie threw exploding sprinkles on one and it disappeared.

“Huh?” Pinkie said.

Karai then sliced one across the face and it poof into nothing. “Weird.”

Raph exclaimed, “That's what we've been trying to tell you. They're not real! None of them are.”

“He's right. Which means we don't have to hold back!” Rainbow stated as she grabbed one and stabbed her spear through it, causing it to disappear.

The Shadow King watched and observed the heroes taking down the Dusk Ninjas very easily. After the dust was cleared, Leo turned around and the Shadow King hit him with one mighty punch, sent him flying down to the ground. Leo and the gang didn’t saw that coming.

“Cheap shot. But when did you learn how to do that? How did you get the Dusk Ninjas?” Leo asked as his brothers helped him get up.

Shadow King laughed, “Sombra taught me that.”

Leo and his friends were stunned at the revelation.

Raph wondered, “But if Dark Codex knew the Dusk Ninja spell, too...”

Mikey continued, “That must mean Sombra knew and taught him, too.”

Donnie finished, “That also means...”

Shadow King explained, “His spirit still lives on! You can thank your friends from Equestria for that.”

“Why are you doing this, Amethyst? This is not who you are.” Sunset said.

“Amethyst is gone. All of you are the reason that I was turned into this,” Everyone was confused as Shadow King continued explaining, “But that doesn't matter, anymore. This is who I am now. The Shadow King. And soon... My boys and I will rule and conquer all worlds alongside my queen… Rarity.”

Rainbow scoffed, “As if! She will never turn her back on us.”

Shadow King responded, “Not willingly. But if Sombra keeps his end of the bargain, it will be.”

Leo requested him with mercy, “You're making a horrible mistake. Please, stop this madness.”

“No. I won't let you and your friends take my dream away! You see, all the times you fought your villains in this city were girls. Like Vignette, Wallflower, Gloriosa, Juniper, and that goes for you two,” Shadow King pointed his finger at Sunset and Twilight. “But what about men like us? Huh?! Do they ever get a chance to shine on the show?! No! It's because of some stupid creative team from a TV company made that decision. Well today, this king, the Diamond Dogs, and my soon-to-be queen are now the Big Baddies of this story,” Shadow King stated as he posed his fighting stance. “I'll show you heroes what happens when you face me and my dark magic.”

Leo charged at Shadow King, only for him to dodge every strike before kicking him aside. “Didn't want to do this, but...” Leo then realized something, “MY MEDALLION!”

Shadow King revealed he swiped it. “I thought you guys used your skills, not these trinkets. Oh, and you also won't be using your weapons for this battle.” He then used his scepter and removed all of the Ninjas’ weapons, tossing them aside.

“Touché.” Leo stated.

Everyone attacked Shadow King, only to have their Geodes and Medallions taken by him.

Shadow King stated, “No more powers. No more weapons. We settle this hand to hand.” He then called his subjects, “Boys. Help me out here.”

“You got it, boss.” Rover answered as the Diamond Dogs joined their boss for battle.


While everyone continued fighting at the amusement park, the Sombra Crystals and Shadow King’s spell kept messing with Rarity's mind back in the cave.

Deep within her mind, Rarity sat in a very dark place and shed some tears in her eyes. She was scared and pleaded, “Master Splinter… help me.”


Back at Equestria Land, the Ninjas and the Shadow King along with the Diamond Dogs were at a stand-still in hand-to-hand combat.

Shadow King panted for air as he got up, “Seems like your sensei taught you very well, but I…” He cleared his throat, “I mean, we won't be taken down very easily.”

“I understand that you are upset, but this is not the way to calm yourself down. It only prolongs the pain.” Leo advised the Shadow King.

After that, Karai and April tossed the geodes and medallions to the Turtles and Rainbooms. They stood together as a united front and combined their magical powers. As their magical powers charged up, the Turtles and Rainbooms launched their final attack on the villains. However, a giant diamond suddenly appeared and blocked the heroes’ big magical beam.

“What?!” Everyone gasped as the heroes changed back to their normal forms and they all saw Rarity with deep shock in their eyes. However, Rarity looked very different. Rarity’s hair was mixed with violet and white, her skin was dark, her eyes were menacing and cold as ice, and she wore a menacing dress.

“Rarity? Is that really you?” Sunset asked.

“Of course it is me, darling. What did you expect? Look at me, I am feeling much better and more powerful than ever.” Rarity answered with a sinister smile on her face.

Twilight asked with a horrified expression on her face, “What have they done to you?”

“Amethyst, what did you do to Rarity?” Leo asked.

“I turned your friend into a better version of herself. Soon, your magic will be destroyed forever and your cities will be defenseless! Meet our new queen/my girlfriend: Nightmare Rarity!” Shadow King answered as he and Nightmare Rarity kissed in front of the heroes.

Mikey commented in disgust, “I'm going to be sick.”

Then, the voice of Splinter called his son again. “Leonardo.”

Leo whispered, “Yes, sensei?”

“Run!” Splinter whispered to Leo.

“Time for the final blow. Let's send them packing.” Shadow King ordered as the villains combined their dark magic powers to prepare for the final attack.

“Fall back everyone!” Leo yelled.

“Please don't do this, Rarity. We're your friends.” Sunset pleaded.

“Don't call me by that name anymore. I go by Nightmare Rarity now.” Nightmare Rarity vowed as she and her new friends launched their final attack on the ninjas. Suddenly, the man in a black cloak swooped in and deflected their attack with the power of his weapons. The villains were surprised as the figure took off his cloak and revealed himself to be a male adult with a suit, magical armbands on each side and a pin that resembled the Purple Nightmares.

“Father.” Shadow King thought in his mind with a fierce look in his eyes.

Mikey threw down a smoke bomb and the heroes including Amethyst’s father retreated without a trace.

“Don't bother. We'll see them again very soon.” Nightmare Rarity informed her new team. “Right now, we got a city to conquer. And the world next.”

Her new friends nodded as the Shadow King teleported to the top of the city hall. Dark gray clouds begin to form and the Shadow King casted a spell on the citizens of Canterlot City. The Shadow King, Nightmare Rarity, and the Diamond Dogs succeeded in taking over the city with all of its citizens under Shadow King's control.

Author's Note:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 🦃

&

Happy birthday to me! :pinkiehappy: 🎂🎉


Pictures provided by Bozzerkazooers and me

  • The Dusk Ninjas appeared once again from Turtles of Equestria.
  • Amethyst Majesty’s father is based on Wenwu from Marvel’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
  • The ending was based on King Sombra mind controlling the citizens of Ponyville from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode, The Beginning of the End - Part 2.