• Published 27th Jun 2020
  • 2,393 Views, 39 Comments

No More Draws - onekface



A bet between Rainbow Dash and Applejack to win a date for the Spring Dance goes terribly wrong.

  • ...
2
 39
 2,393

Match

Chapter 4: Match

(Hallway)

Applejack could feel them.

It was subtle at first when she got to school. A few passing glances here, a look there. But the moment she walked into the hallway, it became more… apparent. Their piercing gaze and gasping looks trailed her all the way from the door. Their eyes followed her uninterrupted, jaws slacked, mouth covering gasps. She could feel their gaze slamming hard on her rear side and a few more analyzing her bare shoulders.

Was this adoration, admiration or sexual harassment? She couldn’t tell. But one thing she could tell that folks here were eyeing her differently.

Normally her friends in school would’ve give more than a passing hi or hello before returning to their original tasks. But now… the moment they caught sight of her, their eyes were glued stuck. She also swore that she caught one student in particular slamming her head on the door after catching sight of her.

Was this how Rarity felt all the time when she struts through the hallway? Having boys fantasize about her with her charm, swaying hips and toying with her hair? It wouldn’t surprise her. That gal adored being the center of attention in any situation.

When she finally got to her locker and got her books, she felt even more exposed, more vulnerable. Applejack turned to her private mirror which she got last year during a gift exchange. Strangely enough she couldn’t recognize the girl looking back at her. She still retained those adorable freckles and the cowboy hat. But the added makeup seemed to have enhanced her other features as well.

She still retained her hat. It was perhaps the one thing she wouldn’t trade for the world no matter what people offered. But now she traded those common apple T-shirt for a green sleeveless blouse, exposing a little bit more of her skin. There was even an open slit on the front exposing a little bit of her breast. Her skirt was lifted two inch higher which made the wind draft between her legs. Her hair had also been braided in a classical setting giving her an air of nobility. And the cowboy boots which she prided from home were traded in for a simple pair of shoes and long white knee socks.

Applejack wouldn’t know much when it came to beauty, but looking at herself now… she had to admit that she was downright stunning. Rarity came in hot and came in swinging. Heck even Applebloom hardly recognized her when she saw her this morning.

“Applejack Applejack!” Pinkie Pie bounced in. “Oh thank goodness I found you. I hearrrrrrdddd~~?” For once in her life the bubbly gal found herself speechless when she finally saw the cowgirl in all her new entirety. “Wh… whoa…”

She blushed cutely which only seemed to make the boys in the crowd clutch their heart. There was just something about that look that was just weapon’s grade dangerous. Heck if anyone were to make a move right now they’d probably start a brawl without even batting an eye.

“Whadaya think?” The cowgirl asked clutching her notebook.

Pinkie scanned her from head to toe and was again lost for words. Applejack was actually… beautiful. Perhaps even… dare she say… sexy.

“You look… great…” She was able to mutter that word out while the rest of her brain fizzled from overload.

“Really? You think so?” Applejack tugged her collar. “Maybe the makeup’s too much.” A few heads in the sideline shook back and forth violently.

“Are you… trying a new look?”

“Yeah well… Rarity actually gave me a makeover. Though I think she went a little overboard.”

It was then the party animal blinked. “Wait a second. Don’t tell me this is for your…” She looked sideways before leaning in to whisper. “… the bet?”

“Yup.”

Pinkie palmed her own face in distraught. “Applejack! You cannot be serious! I don’t normally interfere with you or Rainbow Dash’s game but this is not a good idea. Seriously! I’ll make another game for you! Please don’t do this! You’ve never flirted before.”

“Sorry Pinkie. But me and RD already agreed. We’re going through with it. Besides, it’s just a simple contest. Nothing bad’ll happen. Now if you’ll excuse me, I got about 15 minutes before the first bell. And according to Rarity’s schedule… Flash should arriving at his locker in twenty seconds.”

Pinkie blinked. “Wait a minute. Did she take me file!?”

“Gotta go!” Applejack strutted away leaving the bubblegum gal to groan.

xxxxxxxxxx

She found the boy right on schedule just by the corner, rustling through his locker waiting for his first class. His friends had already gone ahead for first period leaving him somewhat alone in his section of the hall to finish off his sandwich. According to Rarity’s profile (Pinkie’s files) Flash would have his usual tuna sandwich on a Wednesday and would finish it by his locker next to the school’s drinking fountain. Once he was finished, he’ll take a five second sip and then head off to class.

Applejack saw her mark and swallowed hard. Rarity’s crash course rung deeply in her head. Her Spartan training in the boutique was downright torturous and inhumane. But if she wins this bet, then it’ll be all worth the while. Rainbow Dash will be on her hands and knees bowing to her greatness.

“Remember. Boys like Flash are easily drawn to your assets. Remember to sway your hips and stick your chest out and he’ll be putty in your hands.”

Easier said than done. Applejack had never once swayed her hips or had much confidence in her body. This was pretty much doing things out of her comfort zone.

Ok ok… stop. You’re just chickening yourself. You can do this girl.

Taking another look at her mark, Applejack noted that this section of the hallway have been roughly abandoned. Only two other students remained and they were busy conversing with one another a good distance away from Flash. He was already taking a sip from the drinking fountain. This was the only chance she was gonna get without Rainbow Dash or anyone else interfering.

And so with a deep breath she swayed her way towards him, giving out the most confident look she could muster.

“Hey there…” She opened up coyly earning his attention. He looked up to her and gasped, the water still running.

“H… hey?” It was a statement that came in the form of a question.

Ok? What happens next? Rarity didn’t cover this in her training. She just told her to sway her hips, approach with confidence and do what came next naturally.

But what the hell comes naturally after hi and hello? She never really had that much interaction with Flash before and flirting was totally new grounds to her.

Flash on the other hand seemed to have an idea. He got up and looked down. “Oh! Sorry. Did you want a sip?” He casually pulled out a dry wipe and scrubbed the hose. “Here.”

“Sure. Thanks.” What the hell girl!? Why are you drinking? You’re not that thirsty. You had a whole cider this morning. But strangely enough she was just doing what literally came naturally.

Flash backed away and rubbed the back of his head shyly. Applejack hadn’t noticed this before, but after getting a good look at the boy, Flash looked pretty cute up close. Especially when he was blushing.

“I’m sorry, but… have we met?”

Eh?

She looked at him curiously.

“It’s just that I know almost everyone here in school and I’ve never seen you before. Are you new?”

She curled a brow. “Flash. It’s me. Applejack?”

“Apple… Applejack!?” He blurted and looked closer. “Wh… wow. I umm… I didn’t recognize you there. You look so…” His eyes wandered over just below the neckline which made the girl all the more conscious. “… different.”

“What kind of different?”

His cheeks turned a shade redder than normal as he looked away from her slit. “Umm… well the good kind.” Good answer. “I mean… you look… like a different you. Did you change your hair?”

She reached out for her braids nodding. “Yeah. Rarity thought it’d be good to change my look for once. Thought I might humor her.”

“Well she certainly did a great job. You look… great.” Now it was Applejack’s turn to blush. She stubbed her shoe onto the floor, her hands going on her back which, strange enough, extended her chest up further. “I’ve never seen this side of you before. You’re really… pretty.”

“Aww shucks. It’s nothing.” Oh god. Did she just giggle like a fan girl? She did, didn’t she? It was practically still echoing in the hall.

“Ok then. Umm… I’ll uh… catch you later?”

“Wait!” She grabbed him by his jacket and immediately let go. “So… sorry. I was uh… kinda wondering if…”

“Yeah?”

Oh god. What was her line again? Rarity should’ve given her a script. It would’ve been so much easier with one.

“I was wondering if you would… have dinner with me.”

The boy’s eyes snapped open. “D… dinner? As in… dinner-dinner? Like… a date?”

Heck yeah!

“No.” WHAT!? WHY NOT!? “Well you see… it’s apple harvesting season again and Big Mac hurt his leg the other day so I was wondering if you could come over and help out?”

“Oh…” He looked somewhat disappointed but laughed it off. “Wouldn’t it be better to have your other friends help out?”

“They got their own thing this week preparing for the Spring Dance.” That made sense, right? “So maybe after school, you could come over and help out?”

“Sure.” The boy answered finally after a short pause. “I’ve never really picked apples before but I can give a hand.”

“Really?”

“Really.” He nodded smiling. “We can ride my car.” They were then interrupted by the bell. “I’ll see you after school?”

“Y… yeah.” She waved at him watching the boy jog to his classroom giving out his trademark smile before vanishing behind the doors.

Applejack’s knees went limp a second later and her body smacked against the wall, a wide eyed smile plastered on her face. She felt… intoxicated.

Is this how it felt to ask a guy out? To play the ‘game’ of boy meets girl? This whole rush and exhilaration was ecstatic. It’s no wonder Rarity loved playing this game. This was the kind of challenge she needed to get out of her rut. Forget those childish races with Rainbow Dash, this was the real deal.

But now there was a problem.

Big Mac was still healthy as a horse. That little lie she told him was pretty much just an excuse.

Hmm… maybe she could get a crowbar and break her brother’s kneecap.

Or… maybe she could just send him away for the night.

Author's Note:

Applejack comes in first, she swings and it's a hit! Did she knock it out of the park?