• Published 27th Jun 2020
  • 2,393 Views, 39 Comments

No More Draws - onekface



A bet between Rainbow Dash and Applejack to win a date for the Spring Dance goes terribly wrong.

  • ...
2
 39
 2,393

Set

Chapter 3: Set

(Twilight’s House)

Rainbow Dash was many things. A speedster, a daredevil, the captain of every sports team in Canterlot High and the gal who has the figure that’ll make even the most stunning model turn green with envy.

But sadly, to the surprise of many, she wasn’t exactly the best when it came to seducing others. She can be friendly, perhaps even competitive in nature with others. But trying to flirt with someone?

Yeah… she’d have a better chance seducing her pet turtle, Tank, than any boy in school.

She opted to go in blind and ask Flash straight out. But for once she actually decided to use her head and ask for assistance to the only one who had any actual experience in dating.

Twilight Sparkle.

She might be a nerd and somewhat of a geek, but sadly she was the only one amongst the group who has a boyfriend. Sunset excluded of course.

“So let me get this straight.” Twilight motioned as she sat on her worktable, eyeing Rainbow with a judging glare. “You and Applejack are tired of all the draws you’ve been having with one another so to break that tie, you’ve decided to compete in a match that neither of you are good at.”

“Uh huh.”

“And that said match you suggested involves the alluring and seducing of Sunset’s ex-boyfriend, Flash Sentry. Who I may add… are still very much attracted to one another.”

“Yup.”

“And because you have no clue on how to project such attractive notions to the opposite gender, you decided to come to me for… guidance.”

“Correctamundo.”

Twilight planted one hand over her head in distraught. “Can you not see the many serious predicament your game has!? It’s bad enough that you two are turning this whole thing into a sport, but to target Flash Sentry of all people? What were you thinking!?”

“Oh relax Twilight. We’re just going for a dance. We’re not gonna be dating him forever. Besides, I couldn’t exactly go to Sunset for this. And you’re the only one who has romance experience out here.”

The nerd bobbed her head in agreement. “Well… I wouldn’t say I have ample experience. But Timber and I do have a stable relationship so far.”

“See? You can help me with this. You can be my mentor, my tutor. You can teach me everything you’ve learned.”

Ok. Twilight was a smart gal. Smart enough to know when Rainbow Dash was trying to butter her up with titles and compliments. And strangely enough it was working. Still… something about this whole shebang was giving her the bad vibes. Kind of like when Spike swam in a vat of her radioactive chemicals. That dog was on the verge of growing a second head.

“Meh… what the heck? I’ll do it.”

“Really!? You’ll do it!?”

“Yeah why not. Besides… even if I said no, you’d probably annoy me till I finally give in. May as well skip that step and save myself a whole mess of misery.” Smart choice.

“Woohoo! Ok so what do we do first? A total makeover? Dress shopping? Pedicure?”

Twilight gave her a puzzled look. “You sound surprisingly knowledgeable about this whole thing.”

“Hey, when you hang out with Rarity for one weekend, you learn a lot of things you wish you didn’t know.” Rainbow Dash shrugged. “So what’s the first step?”

“Research.”

Eh?

“Eh?” Her face hung questionably as the nerd gal rolled on her chair returning to her computer.

“The first step to every study or task is research.” Twilight explained plainly. “If you’re going to seduce a guy like Flash, you’ll need to know him more than you do now. What are his interests? His likes-dislikes? Is he a turkey lover or bacon lover? You know? The basic things.”

“Those are basics?”

Twilight rolled her eyes and quickly logged into the school’s chat site. The Canterlot High Stables. A lingo that never really hit off with the students.

“Let’s see. Flash Magnus… AHA! Flash Sentry. Here we are. Now we’ll know everything we need to know about him.” Twilight had to admit she felt a little giddy doing something so… invasive. It was truly something out of her comfort zone. “Let’s see… hmm… Flash Sentry. Male, 15 years old. His birthday is around Winter… and… he likes music.”

“Wait. 15? That can’t be right.”

“I know.” Twilight agreed. “Wait… that’s odd.”

“What is?”

“It says here Flash last logged into his account… 3 years ago! He hasn’t updated his profile since! Well that’s irresponsible of him.”

“Maybe he doesn’t like being on social media.”

She scoffed. “A handsome boy like Flash? Ha! Doubtful. If he follows the usual stereotype of an Alpha Male, he’ll most definitely have an internet presence. It’s just basic science. But… then again hardly anyone uses the school’s chat room because of its myriad of restrictions. Let’s try other online social network. He’s bound to have a place where he posts all his stuff.”

“Cool. And… what should I do? Should we go shopping for some new shirts or something?”

“Oh that won’t be necessary.” Twilight smiled sweetly before reaching out to her closet opening two racks of gorgeous clothes inside.

Rainbow Dash was obviously surprised. “Whoa… Twilight… I didn’t know you were into fashion.”

“I’m not.” She replied with a chuckle. “Cadance got these for me during the New Year. There were her clothes when she was still a student back in Crystal Prep. She says that most of them don’t fit anymore because of her…… *cough* growth.”

Oh Rainbow Dash can tell. Principal Cadance has always been very sensitive about her… rack. These clothes looked like they were customized to hold those racks up. Hell if you were to compare her with the gang, they’d look like a bunch of surfboards lined up on the sand. Only Sunset and Applejack had the assets to compare.

“So… whatdaya think?”

Rainbow Dash picked one of the outfits and compared it to her own frame.

It fits. If just barely.

“I dunno Twilight. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe I should’ve asked Rarity to help me instead.”

“Oh come on Rainbow Dash. You came all this way. And you asked for my help. So as your friend it is my responsibility and duty to aid you. Come on. Just try a few of them out. You never know what you’ll find if you reinvent yourself.”

Rainbow Dash thought about it and decided… eh… what the heck.

And so she did just that and tried out a few of Candance’s old clothes. As expected, many of them were way off her size, especially around the chest area which sagged downward much to her annoyance and Twilight’s amusement. There were dresses for formal events, one particular shirt with math formulas written on the inside, a skirt with the scientific formulas and even an artist hat with answers to the anti-life equation written in white ink.

Man… Cadance must’ve gone through one heck of a class if she had to cheat so… spectacularly.

“Twilight, are you sure these are Cadance’s clothes?”

“She gave them to me herself. Why?”

Rainbow Dash scratched her head puzzlingly. “Some of these look… really… raunchy even for me.”

“Oh that’s just Cadance’s style in her days. Maybe it’ll be better if you tried out a few of mine.”

“What about this one?”

Twilight’s face paled. “No wait, Rainbow Dash! Don’t touch that!”

A note fell off the next rack she wanted to wear.

“Dear Shining Armor. Hope you like our sixth anniversary gift. Love Ca…”

Oh heck no!

Rainbow Dash gently put back the note and disgustingly returned the said clothes back into its rack, the see-through red lingerie just glinting under the light.

“Should I really ask?”

“Cadance must’ve mixed it up.” Twilight said quickly as she buried that ungodly thing deep within her closet. “I’ll… probably give it back the next time she visits. Ahehehehe…”

“Probably?”

She was saved from answering that question when her computer pinged. “Oooh! My search engine found a match. Finally we’ll know what we need.” They rushed over to the screen noting the face. “Huh? Ok that’s odd.”

“What now?”

“Well I found Flash’s activity… but not from his page. His friend, Bass Keys posted that they’re having band practice tomorrow. Followed by a birthday party celebration at Ocatavia’s place.” She typed a few more keys but found nothing else. “It… doesn’t look like he has any online social presence.”

“Then it looks like we’ll have to go straight to the source.” Rainbow pumped her fists together. “Stay back everybody. This gal’s goin old school.”

“Oooh~ can I come?” Twilight asked cutely, holding over a notepad. “I want to take notes on how to ask guys. And a live subject will be an excellent reference.”