• Published 13th Jun 2020
  • 286 Views, 4 Comments

Seizing the stars (phase three) - keithsterling



This story is parallel to the Interlude story of the same same name Missing Pieces.

  • ...
 4
 286

Chapter 21

~The Omicron Military institute Academy in the Hercules cluster Star Sector~

The Omicron Military institute Academy is the largest Military training garrison class space station in Imperator Alicorn space. Second, only to the mega structure of the citadel class space station known as the infinity palace, the seat of power for the entire Infinity star sector, and Imperator Alicorn space. The construction of these space stations is a modular system that means the old pieces of the structure can be removed and replaced with new pieces or expanded to fit its needs. This makes all the space stations within Imperator Alicorn space the far oldest continuous inhabited artificial structure in the known universe.

Standing on a balcony overlooking the obstacle training course were two Imperator Alicorn mares; both were holding in their hand an electronic holographic clipboard with all the Military personal files of the current trainee class at the Academy.

The first one was a stunning looking dim gray Imperator alicorn mare with orange, yellow mane, and tail. Her 6ft 2in very physically fit equine figure was attired in a dark blue women's standard skirt uniform of an Imperator Alicorn Aerospace pilot. Her slender, splendid-looking dim gray bare feet were encased in a pair of black shiny high heel pumps.

Folded on her back was her silver bio-mechanical metal bird wings, and sitting on her head behind her horn was a dark blue peaked cap with a gold stylized star pin in the center (representing the first star from their mythos). This imperator, Alicorn mare, was Galactic Knight commander Erato Aureola, the leader of Crown of Light Aerospace group aboard the 'IAS Stellar Eclipse' the super carrier-class warship from the main royal battle fleet and Aerospace fighter ace.

The second one was alluring looking cool gray Imperator alicorn mare with red-orange mane and tail. Her 6ft 2in very toned equine figure was attired in a sea-green women's standard skirt uniform of an Imperator Alicorn space force specialist. Her slender gracefully looking cool gray bare feet were encased in a pair of black shiny high heel pumps.

Folded on her back was her silver bio-mechanical metal bird wings, and sitting on her head behind her horn was a sea-green peaked cap with a gold stylized star pin in the center (representing the first star from their mythos). This imperator, Alicorn mare, was Galactic Knight first officer Clio Quasar the first officer aboard the 'IAS Stellar Eclipse,' the super carrier-class warship from the main royal battle fleet and Rear Admiral (upper) Justice Silverlight second in command aboard the super carrier-class warship.

"Damn! Clio, I lost the bet with Justice. I own him 40 millibar bills." Erato said her voice strained as Clio chuckles into the back of her cool gray bare hand.

"You can always take option two Erato, Justice would enjoy that," Clio said, teasing as Erato gawks in disbelief with the suggestion from her shipmate and her friend.

"Let him tickle my sensitive bare feet! Are you nuts! I know he would enjoy that! But I wouldn't! He doesn't know went to stop! Especially because of my beautiful laughter!" Erato exclaims her voice edged with tension as she soon joins in with Clio's chuckling.

"But anyway, Clio, can you believe some of these numbers that the purple Terran Alicorn is putting up in training. She on the way to becoming one of the elite Aerospace fighter pilots that Justice is always looking for to join Crown of Light group aboard 'IAS Stellar Eclipse.'" Erato explains as she calls up Ex-princess of friendship Twilight Sparkle training record on the clipboard.

"I know Erato; she on par with Justice's oldest daughter Grand Solar Princess Aurora Silverlight went she started to train here at the Omicron Military institute Academy as elite Aerospace fighter pilot," Clio explains as she glances at the electronic holographic clipboard in her hand.

A moment later, a gorgeous looking light blue half alicorn/unicorn mare with crimson red mane and tail walks up to the two Imperator Alicorn mares. Her 6ft 6in very shapely equine figure was attired in the navy blue women's standard skirt uniform of an officer in the Solar Empire military. Her slender and perfectly shaped light blue bare feet were encased in a pair of black shiny high heel pumps. Folded on her back was her light blue natural feathered bird wings, and sitting on her head behind her horn was black beret with a gold stylized sun pin in the center. This half alicorn/unicorn mare was Lieutenant Colonel Aurora Silverlight, the Rear Admiral (upper) Justice Silverlight oldest daughter and Grand Princess of the federation of Equestria/ Aerospace fighter pilot ace.

"Greetings, Clio, and Erato. You sent for me, Clio." Aurora said respectful bowing to their higher rank as both imperators Alicorn mares smiled at Aurora.

"I did Aurora; here have a look at this training record for one of the trainees in this class," Clio comments, handing the electronic holographic clipboard to Aurora, who swipes through training record for the trainee.

"I must say some very impressive scores for this trainee. Are you looking at this trainee for my father's carrier, First officer Quasar?" Aurora inquires handing back the electronic holographic clipboard to Clio, who shook her head.

"I am, that why, I asked both of you to join me here at the Omicron Military Institute Academy. This trainee and several other trainees are scheduled to participate in the Aerospace combat holographic simulators today. The mission is bombing raid on Destroyer class warship with a fighter escort. The escort teams will be made up of instructors. After talking to the commandant, I suggested to him having two aces from 'IAS Stellar Eclipse' flying two FF 4I interceptor falcon fighters as part of the escort team. He was more than happy to do that and put the trainees to the test." Clio explains as the three mares make their way to the Aerospace simulators module.

The Aerospace simulators module is a sizeable white room with several flight pods facing each other on either side of the room for simulating the controls of various classes of Aerospace fighters in a controlled environment of a military academy. To keep the trainees from knowing that two aces would be part of the escort team, Aurora and Erato wait for trainees to climb into their flight pods to begin their pre-flight check, like a real fighter.

Once it was safe, the two mares' pip plopped barefooted up the steel staircase to their flight pods. Before climbing up the stairs, both mares hung their hats and jackets on a nearby coat rack. Then removed their pumps from their feet as the specialized environment of the cockpit wouldn't allow them to wear their pumps.

This will be the first time that these fighter aces would be flying a simulated Aerospace fighter in their bare feet. This condition didn't faze the two mares in the least as part of their job as Aerospace fighter aces are to adapt to a new battle condition went it presents itself. In the Flight pods, Aurora and Erato place the sim helmets on their head and begin their pre-flight check as if in a real Aerospace fighter.

High above the Aerospace simulators in the master control room was Galactic Knight first officer Clio Quasar, she watching along with the commandant of the Academy the test. Along with a small class of Imperator Alicorn space force specialist trainees, as the simulator begins, First officer Quasar stands up. And begins an impromptu space combat class for these trainees.

In the simulator, the environment the system creates is a heavy space dust cloud that interferes with sensor instruments. This puts the escort detail on edge as they don't know went the trainee's squadron will attack the Destroyer class warship and try to sink it. Hanging back from the escort detail where the two FF 4I interceptor falcon fighters piloted by Aurora and Erato out of range of trainee's squadrons radars. With all the experience of an ace pilot the two mares scan the blackness of space waiting for the first hint that squadrons are on an attack vector.

"Got them Erato comes in at ten o'clock high and seven o'clock low. My guess the fighters are going to engage the escort detail. Why the Bomber come in at eight o'clock onto the Destroyer." Aurora said as the escort detail commander orders his squadron to engage the fighters over the radio.

The space in front of Aurora and Erato lights up with energy weapons fires as the escort detail squadrons engage in a dog fight battle with the trainees attack crafts. The two aces remain calm and are not drawn into dog fights like inexperience fighter pilots. The two aces watch as the adrenaline high engulfs the trainee fighter pilots; they begin to showboat, giving the escort detail squadrons back the advantage. They make short work of the first wave of fighters and are taking by surprise by the second and third waves of planes. This draws in the instructor's fighter to a dog fight once again, but now the advantage is to the trainees who are giving them some trouble playing off the adrenaline high of the instructors.

"Bomber incoming! Aurora!" Erato calls on the radio as the two aces jam the accelerator forward and release a tachyon curtain revealing the Bombers this cause the bomber flight to break formation. This allows the anti-aerospace pulse fire to shoots down several pilots that panicked.

And force the commander of the trainee's squadrons in one of the bombers to call for assistance from the fighter squadrons with the instructors well in hand a small flight break off from the primary battle with the escort detail to engage Erato's interceptor. She sees this and jams the accelerator forward, followed by firing her afterburner. This shoots her interceptor through the formation before any of the pilots can lock-on to her.

A moment later, the flight is thrown into a general panic as Erato picks off fighters after fighters from behind with her rapid-fire ion cannons. In Erato helmet sights, the last fighter swings from side to side, trying to keep her from locking on to her. She flips up a small cover on her yoke and switches to missile sight went it lock on she's fire shooting down the last fighter from the flight.

At that same time, Aurora, after deals with the last two bombers from the flight, leaves only the command bomber. She follows right behind the command bomber on its bombing run; along the path, she puts several holes in the vessel with her rapid-fire ion cannons. But still, the pilot refuses to abandon the bombing run. So Aurora flips up a small cover on her yoke and switches to missile sight. The beeping of the missile lock-on sight echo in the cockpit as Aurora lines up the shot. Before long the continuous beeping ceases and she fires. At the same time, the Bomber is shot down, and Destroyer is sunk.

"Results a draw!" the computer voice calls as the simulator ends and returns to the Academy.

From each of the flight pods, the trainees climb out and head to the center of the room to meet the two barefooted aces from the 'IAS Stellar Eclipse,' the most famous super carrier in the Royal Battle fleet with that the aces stay with Trainees answering various questions from them.

The trainees know they will never get a chance to serve under these very elite Aerospace fighter pilots mares from 'IAS Stellar Eclipse' as Rear Admiral (upper) Justice Silverlight only picks the elite of the elite for his carrier. So they take the opportunity to pick the brains of these two decorated Aerospace fighter pilot aces.

Meanwhile, in the hallway of the Aerospace combat holographic simulators leaning against the wall was familiar-looking purple alicorn mare with dark sapphire blue, moderate purple, and brilliant rose-colored streaked mane and tail. She was attired in a gray form-fitting space suit with blazing orange trim of Military cadet. The alicorn mare reaches up to removing the sim helmet from her head, revealing the head of the Ex-princess of friendship Twilight Sparkle.

She let out a long, exhausted sigh. She was the commanding officer for the 15th trainee flight, one of the groups of trainees involved in this simulation. After scoring high in leadership ability on the entrance exam for the Academy, she was appointed leader for these trainees. After getting the illegal planted PSI chip removed from her head and recovering, she returns to talk with Rear Admiral (upper) Justice Silverlight about joining the Imperator Alicorn military to clear her name for starting the second Crystal war on Sol.

While she was talking to Justice, his Great Grandmother Empress Galaxy Cosmos was there on an unrelated visit with her great-grandson, she sat quietly listening to Twilight's conversation with her Great Grandson. Went she finished Galaxy asked Justice if he didn't mine could she speak to him in private.

"I think its great idea, great-grandson, to allow Miss Sparkle to clear her name by joining the Imperator Alicorn military." Galaxy comments sitting on the edge of one of the beds in the second bedroom with her leg crossed over the other. Tapping her booted foot in the air silently.

"But great grandmother, we both know the second crystal war was not Twilight's fault. It was that illegal planted PSI chip that Harmonia put in her head to convince her it was her fault." Justice explains reasonable as Galaxy slid her gloved hand down the outside of her knee-high boot till she reaches her heel.

"Yes, that is correct great-grandson that is the truth of the second Crystal war on Sol. But I have a problem with that explanation." Galaxy comment as she jiggles the heel of her boot loosening the fit on her leg and foot. Justice's clamps and unclamps his teeth, watching the boot easily slide off her leg and foot revealing her light blue perfect barefoot.

"Where the problem with that explanation, Great grandmother?" Justice said his voice edged with tension as his great grandmother placed her barefoot on the ground next to her removed boot. Then, she proceeded to loosen and remove her other boot leaving her barefooted.

"The problem I have is that, how would you explain how a chip could control the mind of a pony without them knowing. Terran ponies don't know that these chips exist Great Grandson." Galaxy said as she yawned and scooted up on the bed to lay her head down on the pillow after removing her imperial tiara from her head.

"I see Great Grandmother," Justice said, understanding.

"Now, if you don't mine Great-grandson, my personal quarters are being cleaned today. I am beat, so I came to your quarters to take a nap as you are home alone today with your family away." Galaxy explains with a tired voice as Justice was leaving the bedroom to let his great grandmother sleep.

"Don't think great-grandson you get off that easy after I finish my nap my boots will remain off my bare feet. You will tickle me again on my bare feet, but this time. How you would do your own wife. So finish your business with Miss Sparkle as I nap, great grandson. That is an imperial order." Galaxy said commanding as Justice swallows a lump in his throat as Galaxy closes her eyes to sleep.

"Yes, Your imperial majesty," Justice said obediently as Galaxy had a smile on her snout.