• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 748 Views, 73 Comments

Aspects of Parenthood - xd77



Nathan becomes rather upbeat about being a father.

  • ...
 73
 748

Part 3

All was in really good hopes for Nathan as he felt a little more comfort. However, he was still shaken up over the nightmare about Apple Bloom dying in foalbirth, but assured himself that it was okay. It had been a few weeks since that happened, and now it was time for their first checkup with the clinic. Twilight had given him the day off so that he could care with Apple Bloom for this, they were really excited to see the first ultrasound. Nathan was looking forward to it because he was anxious to see the results of the first movements of the fetus.

As they waited in the waiting room, Nathan watched at the sights of other ponies having problems. Such problems were from one screaming in pain from what appeared to be a deformed wing, to an elderly unicorn with a bucket filled with vomit from food poisoning. They just sat in their spots, hoof bands wrapped around each of them, Apple Bloom stared at a magazine while Nathan looked at the floor.

The door that led into the procedure corridors opened, and out came a nurse pony.

"Nathan and Apple Bloom Cadenza." she said levitating a clipboard with names.

"Come on sug, that's us." said Nate as he and Apple Bloom got out of their chairs and walked over to the nurse.

"Follow me." she said, they walked through the corridors of rooms that contained many ponies with problems. But for them, they were getting specially prepared because this was going to be their first tests of health for their baby. They continued to walk until they approached the ultrasound quarters, the nurse then led them into a room that contained a bed and a machine which would give info of a baby in the womb, or sonogram.

Whatever the way, they were going to get it as Nathan helped Apple Bloom up onto the bed and she lay down. Nathan quietly watched the crew quickly turn on the sonogram machines, once everything was ready, they put jelly on Apple Bloom's tummy. Then they attached some wires onto her that connected straight to the machine, now everything was in full effect.

"Okay, let's see what we've got." said the practitioner as she started taking notes while the machine started giving data. This machine would also print out a couple of sonogram pictures in a few minutes, but the prints were in a different room.

While the practitioner was examining the data, Apple Bloom turned to her husband.

"Now remember, we don't wanna know if it's a filly or a colt okay?"

"Yes okay, Ah' understand."

"Okay, I just got word that the pictures have been fully made, I'll be right back." the practitioner then left the room and closed the door.

"Ah' certainly hope this is a good set of data she collects." said Apple Bloom as they waited in the room. About thirty minutes later, the practitioner came back inside, she was levitating a folder that contained papers which held results from the data that the machine collected. As a bonus feature, the folder also contained at least one sonogram photo taken from the machine as well.

The practitioner put the folder down and opened it up with her magic, pulling out the papered results along with the photo. But that was the only thing she wanted to examine, and she was very satisfied with the clear picture of it. It was a very good looking copy too.

"I must say, this a very interesting sonogram, colt...."

"IT'S A COLT!!!!!!!" Nathan interrupted, "We'll uh, we'll name him Nathan Cadenza Jr. how's his mane, does he need cologne?" he asked looking at the picture.

"I'm not saying it's a colt."

"Oh, then it's a filly, Apple Bloom Jr. She ain't datin' till she's 35!" Nathan said to his wife.

"I didn't say it was a filly."

"What's left?" asked Nate.

"All Ah' wanna know is if the baby is healthy." said Apple Bloom.

"Relax, you're not doing anything dangerous to your health, and you're not eating wrong. You're doing everything right, the babies will be just fine."

"See that Nate, the babies will be just fine, now let's go." said Apple Bloom walking out the door, but before Nathan could follow her, he quickly stopped in shock over what the practitioner just said.

"Did ya' say 'babies'?" he asked, that's when Apple Bloom quickly walked back in the room, suddenly hearing what she said to them as well.

"Did she say babies?" she asked.

"That's what I said, you're having twins." said the practitioner.

Apple Bloom could not believe what she had just been told, "Who's havin' twins?!"

"You are, congratulations."

Apple Bloom turned to her husband with pure joy, "BABE, WE'RE HAVIN' TWINS, OH NATE!!!!!" she then embraced him, but Nathan was showing a look of pure shock.

"Twins, Ah' just wanted to know if it was a filly or colt." he said in disbelief.

"Twins, we're havin' twins. That's...That's two babies at one time, that's when the first baby comes out and the second baby comes out, then we take 'em home and raise 'em?" Nathan asked nervously.

"That's generally how it works, here's your sonogram." said the practitioner as she handed over the copy of the monitor to them.

"Oh Nathan, this is so exciting, our first baby pictures!" Apple Bloom exclaimed, while looking at the sonogram that was being levitated by Nathan's magic.

The practitioner pointed her hoof at the photo, "See, here's one little head, and there's the other. Sometimes, one hides behind the other."

"Oh honey that's so cute, they're already playing together!"

"Anymore hiding back there?" Nathan asked.

"No."

"Oh honey, this is so exciting, Ah've gotta get to Sweet Apple Acres and tell Applejack and Big Mac!" Apple Bloom said.

"Okay, Ah'm gonna stay and ask a few questions."

"Okay, we'll celebrate tonight."Apple Bloom said as she and Nate kissed on the lips, "Honey, we're havin' twins!" she said as she left the room, Nathan gave a fake chuckle as he watched her leave. He then walked back to the bed and sat on it and just stared at the sonogram.

"Nathan, is everything alright?" asked the practitioner.

Nathan scoffed, "Oh no, no, no, Ah'm fine, Ah'm great. It's an extra baby, so Ah'm extra happy. Ah' was responsible for one life, now Ah'm responsible for two lives. Ah'm fine, can Ah' just lay down really fast and put the oxygen on?" he asked putting an oxygen mask on his face.

Author's Note:

Looks like Nathan is a bit nervous right now.