• Published 26th May 2020
  • 472 Views, 18 Comments

A Stage For Two - Jhoira



Due to their situations Octavia and Trixie are getting engaged. Neither are overly happy with the arrangement.

  • ...
3
 18
 472

Interlude: Choices

Octavia sorted through the dresses that Rarity had sent over for her to decide between. Humming a classical song to herself as she compared them. Carrying a third dress over and setting it on the bed. She nodded to herself. They had Trixie's dress chosen, and Octavia narrowed her choices down to three.

Turning to her bed Octavia grimaced slightly. In just over a week she and Trixie were expected in Canterlot to meet her parents. This was going to be where the last month of teaching Trixie would either succeed or crash and burn. After the marriage, it would be over. She and Trixie could get back to their own individual lives, mostly. Their lives would be a little different in detail, but overall they'd be the same. Octavia would provide Trixie with an allowance that she could choose to stop performing and still live quite comfortably.

Octavia grinned to herself as she started to compare the three dresses while letting her higher brain functions wander. Octavia knew Trixie wouldn't stop performing. Trixie had said exactly that. That mare was as determined a mare any she’d ever met. Trixie would. no doubt, be doing it until she got famous. She showed off that in her lessons. Trixie had devoured the lessons she’d been presented by Octavia. Except for forks, Trixie just couldn’t get the forks right for some reason.

Octavia giggled gently as she set aside one of the dresses. Trixie almost threw one of the forks out a window the third time she failed to identify it from the other forks. The mare was a pretty little firecracker who had a short fuse. She was actually quite manageable until she was set off. Octavia was sure Trixie would keep control over herself with her future on the line.

Setting the second dress aside her mind wandered down a path she wasn’t expecting. Octavia wondered if Trixie would be interested in some traveling while they were playing up being a happy couple. Trixie might like a trip to Manehatten, or perhaps to Saddle Arabia, or...

Octavia blinked, staring at the dress a few moments. “What did I just think!?” She realizes she’d just been planning to take Trixie on a honeymoon! She had been getting closer to the show pony over the past few weeks, but this was a new development. She licked her lips as she sat down, contemplating her situation.

Hesitating a moment Octavia shook her head. As attractive an idea as that would be Trixie had shown no interest in her beyond a meal ticket. Octavia chortled at her own sardonic little joke there. It was an overstatement. Trixie was really a... Friendly acquaintance.

Octavia grinned as she put aside the dress that she’d picked out for herself. Octavia would put aside her little crush. It wasn't worth the risk of ruining her work with Trixie so far. She'd take a comfortable life, and not risk it for something that she'd never expected to have anyway.