• Published 16th Jun 2020
  • 847 Views, 7 Comments

Attack on Titan 2: Clash of the Titans - Gojizilla54



After the events of the Female Titan, Eren and his friends find no time to rest as a horde of Titans is approaching Wall Rose uncover more about the invading Titans and the dark secrets of their own members. Get ready for the Clash of the Titans!

  • ...
6
 7
 847

Soldier


Under the moonlight, the Beast Titan had climbed up Wall Rose and looked at Utgard Castle. Down below Wall Rose, two small Abnormal Titans play-fight with each other. One of the Titans ripped out the other Abnormal's ear, while the other bit down on the Abnormal's finger.

"Stand back, rookies," ordered Nanaba, drawing out a new blade. "Leave this to us. It's time to show off our ODM gear."

She raised her sword high into the night, ready for the battle below.

"Let's go!"

Nanaba, Gelgar, Lynne, and Henning jumped off the tower and had their swords ready.


2 hours earlier

Inside Utgard Castle, Nanaba, Gelgar, and the recruits had set up campfire inside as their horses, outside were drinking water and resting in the stables.

"Looks like someone was here recently," observed Henning.

"That's odd for a place this near the wall," stated Nanaba.

"Some bandits probably used it as a base," assumed Lynne.

"Or just raided the place," added Lemon Zest.

"It said "Ruins of Utgard Castle" on one of the signs," stated Nanaba. "Who would have thought there was a castle around here?"

Then Gelgar entered in the room with a small green bottle in his left hand.

"Hey, check it out," he said. "Look what I found."

"Geglar... Isn't that booze?" asked Lynne.

"Yeah," gulped Gegar, looking at the label. "What the hell does it say?"

"You're not going to drink it now, are you?!" asked Lynne.

"Don't be stupid," replied Gelgar. "Not at a time like this."

Gelgar then set down the bottle down and sat around the campfire.

"Convenient... All this contraband to enjoy for ourselves," said Henning.

"Now you're making us sound like the bandits," stated Nanaba.

Around the four Scouts, the recruits were sleeping on top of mats until they were waken up by Gelgar.

"You rookies should try to get some rest," he said "Titans won't be roaming around at this hour, but the rest of us will take turns keeping watch. We'll leave from here four hours before daybreak."

"What happens of the wall isn't broken after all?" asked Christa. "The Titans... Where could they be invading from?"

"Finding the answer to that is our job tomorrow," answered Gelgar, walking up the stairs.

"Maybe it's not nearly as bad as we thought from the start," stated Christa.

Everyone around the campfire looked at Christa with confusion.

"I'm just saying, but..." said Christa.

"Yeah, there's barely any Titans around here," stated Henning. "If the wall was really broken, that is."

"The only group we've really seen was during the initial sighting," said Nanaba.

Everyone reminded silent until Ymir broke it.

"What about your village, Conny?" she asked.

"It was destroyed," answered Conny. "Crushed to sticks and rubble by Titans."

"I see," said Ymir. "How awful."

"But nobody there was eaten," he stated. "I think they all escaped, so there's that miracle."

"Wasn't the village destroyed?" asked Ymir.

"The houses and stuff were wrecked, but the villagers made it out safety," he answered. "If anyone was eaten, there would've been blood and remains. But there wasn't any of that, so it's the only explanation."

Ymir was confused by Conny's words of no blood or remains.

"Still," said Conny, looking down. "I can't stop thinking about it. There was that Titans at my house. It couldn't move on its own, but it was lying right on top of my house. But it's weird. I don't why, but it reminded of my mother."

"Was it a coincidence?" asked Fluttershy.

"No, I don't think at my mother was a look-alike to someone in the village," answered Conny.

"Conny, you're still saying that?" asked Reiner.

"What an idiot!" laughed Ymir. "You think your mother might have been that Titans?! The how come you're so damn short, huh? Come on, Conny, I knew you were pretty stupid, but this talking it to another level!"

Everyone was shocked to hear Ymir's insults. Ymir started laughing at Conny's words.

"Would you just shut the fuck up?" asked Conny, grabbing his head. "This is absurd."

"If this theory of yours is correct, that means your father had to be a Titan, too," teased Ymir. "Otherwise, you know... They couldn't do it-"

"Shut the fuck up!" scolded Conny. "Go to sleep, you freckled bitch!"

A couple of hours later, Lynne and Henning were on top of the tower looking out. Inside, Ymir held a candle and was looking through a box filled with canned food.

"Ymir? What are you doing here?" asked Reiner, opening the door.

"Prowling at night, Reiner?" asked Ymir. "Come to see me? I was shocked. I was under the impression that you had no interest in women."

"And I doesn't seem like you have any interest in guys, either," said Reiner.

"I thought I'd use this time to scavenge for something that might fill my stomach," said Ymir, looking through the box. "This'll probably end up being my last meal."

"About Conny's village," said Reiner, closing the door slightly. "Were you joking around on purpose? I'd appreciate if you did more of that. So that he doesn't have to worry about his family."

"What are you talking about?" asked Ymir, taking out a can. "This might do the trick. Not that I like herring."

"Can I see?" asked Reiner.

"Go for it," said Ymir, giving Reiner the can.

"Canned food, huh?" asked Reiner.

Reiner looked at the can before realizing something different.

"What are these letters?" he asked. "I can't read this."

Reiner carefully looked at the can, which had strange letters on the label.

"This says herring on it? You... are... able to read this language?"

Reiner looked at Ymir with fear and confusion.

"Ymir... You're... a"

Ymir only gave Reiner a lethal stare.

"Everyone wake up!" shouted Lynne on top.

Everyone wake up suddenly and looked at Lynne.

"Get to the tower!" she ordered. "Quickly!"

"What's going on?" wondered Pinkie Pie.

"I don't know, but it looks bad," said Bertholdt.

All of them got on top of the tower to see the mass horde of Titans around Utgard Castle, moving in the moonlight.

"Gotta be fucking kidding me," said Gelgar "I'd be drinking right now if wasn't for you! This is your fault!"

"Let's go!" shouted Nanaba.

Nanaba, Lynne, Henning, and Gelgar jumped off the tower, ready to fight the Titans below. As the four fell down, a Titan below reached out towards Gelgar.

"Get your goddamn hands away from me!" he yelled.

With one swift spin, Gelgar sliced the fingers of the Titan that was about to grab him. To the Titans left, as Nanaba fell, she fired her hook, which latched on to the Titan's nape. Once latched on, she swung towards the Titan, upside down, and sliced the Titan's nape, killing it. The Titan then fell on top of three small ones that were heading towards the door. Gelgar swung up and landed on the side of the tower.

"Look at that," he pointed out. "Those little ones got crushed by the fatty. Dumb-asses."

Nanaba then swung up and landed next to Gelgar and looked down at the horde of Titans.

"That was too reckless," she stated. "Couldn't you have avoided that with wasting your blades?"

"That's just how I do things," stated Gelgar. "You better chalk that one up as an assist."

"How heroic of you," said Nanaba. "I'll think about it."

Below the dead Titan, a smaller one was crawling out and was heading towards the door. Then, Lynne landed on top of the smaller Titan's head and sliced the nape. Lynne then looked at the door, which had been broken, chunks of wood were scattered along the ground.

"Shit! I'm too late!" Lynne thought.

Lynne then reeled herself back up to Nanaba and Gelgar.

"The door's bashed in!" she shouted.

Lynne then reeled her herself back up onto the tower. She landed upon the ramparts and addressing Conny and the others.

"The Titans broke through!" she warned. "Go back down and form some sort of barricade. If you can't block them, retreat back up here as a last resort. But that doesn't mean we'll be able to help you though. I not even sure if we'll be still be alive if it comes to that. We've all gotta do what we're trained to do. Give it all we've got till we die! Understand?!"

"Got it!" all of them replied.

Reiner got a torch from the from the one of the first sconces on his left and ran downstairs in a heartbeat.

"I'll go see how far they've come through!" shouted Reiner. "All of you grab broads or rods of whatever! Bring everything you can!"

"Reiner!" called Christa, running down the stair.

"Wait up, Reiner!" called Bertholdt. "Hold up!"

"Who does he think he is, always taking the most dangerous job?" asked Lemon Zest.

"I think it's a bad habit of his," stated Bertholdt.

Once Reiner got to the door, he opened it slowly and looked down at a dark room.

"They're still down below," Reiner thought, walking down the stair. "Well, it's still locked. But it's not like this old wooden door will keep them out for long."

When Reiner got to the door, he lifted the plank up. Once the plank was lifted he opened the door and looked inside. In front of Reiner was three-meter Titan, barreling up the stairs with a smile.

The Titan then opened its mouth as it look at Reiner. Reiner quickly closed the door as fast as he can and placed the plank back on the door. He put his back against the door, hoping that it was enough to keep the Titan back. The Titan rammed its head into the door, causing Reiner to drop the torch.

"THEY'RE HERE!!!" yelled Reiner. "BRING SOMETHING, QUICK!!!"

"What?!" shouted a scared Fluttershy.

Then, the Titan's hand burst through the door. Reiner looked at the hand as it tried to find him.

"Is this it?" he wondered. "Will this be it? Is this the end."

As the hand swiped towards Reiner, he then remembers when he was younger, a Titan was about to grab him, but a young boy with short brown hair swept back and an upturned nose pushed him out of the way. The Titan then grabbed the boy as Reiner and a young Bertholdt watch. The Titan opened its mouth and pulled the boy closer. Reiner and Bertholdt can only watch in horror as the Titan devoured the boy.

"No!" declared Reiner. "It can't be. I won't let it happen! I'm definitely going home!"

The hand was about to grab Reiner, but he quickly ducked and scooted backwards. He looked at see the Titan's head through the door with its hand through.

"REINER!!!" called Bertholdt.

Reiner looked behind him to see Bertholdt with a pitchfork in his hands. He stabbed the Titan in the left eye. Once Bertholdt had stab the Titan, Reiner got up and helped Bertholdt.

"Reiner, are you okay?" asked Bertholdt.

"Yeah!" Reiner replied. "Bertholdt, we're going to survive and go home. We're going back to our hometown for sure."

"Right!" shouted Bertholdt, smiling.

"Reiner! Bertholdt!" called Ymir from above.

Both of them looked up to see a cannon top on.

"Hey, does it have a cannonball?!" asked Reiner.

"Hell no!" shouted Ymir.

"You'll just have to take the whole thing!" shouted Lemon Zest.

"Out of the way!" shouted Ymir.

"Oh! is this a roller coaster?!" asked Pinkie getting on.

"Wait! Pinkie!" shouted Conny.

Ymir, Christa, Lemon Zest, and Fluttershy pushed the cannon down the stairs. Pinkie Pie held on tightly as she rode the cannon down the stairs.

"WEEEEEE!!!" she shouted.

Before the cannon could collide, Pinkie jumped off the cannon. Reiner and Bertholdt got out of the way as the cannon collided with the Titan. As the cannon collided with the Titan, pieces of the door and the cannon’s supports flew out, causing a huge amount of dust.

"That was fun!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"Did we get it though?" asked Fluttershy.

"With that cannon I'm pretty sure we managed to kill it," said Lemon Zest.

"Looks like that worked out, miraculously," said Ymir.

"Yeah, it's not getting up from that," observed Reiner. "Not one of that size."

"What now?" asked Conny, holding a knife. "A knife is the only thing we got. Should I cut the nape."

"Don't risk it," said Reiner. "Get grabbed you get hurt."

"I think it would be best if we head upstairs, for now," suggested Christa, waking up.

"Good idea," said Fluttershy, trying to hurry up the stairs.

"There could be more than just one that got in," said Christa.

"Wait, there's more?!" asked Fluttershy.

Sure enough, Christa heard some wood cracking and looked back. Behind Conny was another Titan entering. Conny looked back to see that a Titan was behind him.

"CONNY!!!" Christa shrieked.

The Titan opened its mouth and was about to clamp down on Conny. Conny had no time to react, but Reiner pushed Conny out of the way, before it could bite Conny's head, causing him to be knocked on the floor.

"Reiner!" called Pinkie Pie.

Reiner's hand slipped on the Titan's face and ended up sliding into its mouth. The Titan clamp down on Reiner's arm, causing him to yell in pain.

"REINER!!!" called Christa.

Bertholdt, Conny, and Pinkie Pie could only watch in horror as the Titan's teeth sank into Reiner's arm. The sound of squishing muscle and cracking bones echoed across the room. With extreme pain and anger, bent down and rapped his free arm around the Titan's legs. Using all his strength, Reiner lifted the Titan into a fireman's carry. Reiner then slowly started to walk up the stairs. Christa's cheeks were staring to turn red as Reiner made his way up the stairs.

"Hey, Reiner," called Conny. "Don't tell me you're going to jump out the window with it?!"

"Isn't there another way besides jumping out?!" asked Lemon Zest.

"There isn't another way!" Reiner yelled.

"Wait!" shouted Conny, running up to Reiner holding the knife. "If I can slice open its jaw..."

Conny stabbed the Titan on the corner of its mouth. He then started to carve deep into the corner. Once Conny sliced out the corner of the Titan’s mouth, the Titan opened its mouth slightly, enough for Reiner to pulled his hand out. The Titan turned around and looked at Reiner, Conny, and Ymir, but Ymir kicked the Titan in the face, causing it to fall out of the window.


Ymir, Conny, Fluttershy, Lemon Zest, and Pinkie Pie finished applying finishing touches to barricade the door on the next floor up. The barricade consisted of two logs wedged between the door and the stairs by their length. Bertholdt provided light while Christa was busy tending to Reiner's bite wound.

"What will we do if another comes through?" asked Conny, hammering a log. "Not like we'll find another cannon lying around."

"Probably," said Bertholdt. "Lightning won't strike twice."

"Let's hope this barricade is just enough," hoped Fluttershy.

"Let's hope so," said Bertholdt.

Next to them, Christa prepared a bandage and sling for Reiner's bitten arm. Christa took out a bottle of wine and popped the cork off and started to pour the wine on Reiner's wound. Reiner hissed in pain as the sting of the alcohol was poured onto his wound.

"Sorry," apologized Christa. "I think the bone is fractured."

"Yeah, just my luck," said Reiner.

"We'll need a splint and a bandage," stated Christa. "I know."

Christa stood up and tore a long piece of cloth along the bottom of her dress, revealing her legs. Reiner stared at the sight, transfixed by her smooth, flawless, and clean skin.

"Sorry," she apologized. "All I've got is this dirty cloth. Sorry."

"No, it helps," said Reiner.

"Gotta marry her," he thought.

As Reiner put his arm up to his chest and let Crista tie the cloth over the shoulder.

"Are you alright, Reiner?" asked Conny.

"Yeah, I guess," he replied.

"By the way, Christa," called Ymir. "My hand got scraped up a bit, too..."

"Just spit on it or something," said Conny with disdain. "Sorry about that, Reiner. It seems like you're always saving my ass. Speaking of which, Annie risked her life to save me, too. I've gotta pay you back."

"No really," said Reiner, thinking about his friend getting eaten. "It's the normal thing to do. Because we're soldiers."

"I'm not sure about that," said Conny. "I doubt I could ever be that brave. Hey, Bertholdt. Has Reiner always been like this?"

Bertholdt took a small pause.

"No," he said. "In the past, Reiner was more of a warrior. Unlike now."

"What's that mean?" asked Reiner. "What do you mean by warrior?"

"For now, let's try to gather anything useful we can find," said Ymir, walking up the stairs and looking out the window. "That way when we die, we can do so without regrets. That's the Scouts for you. They're different level from the other soldiers."


Outside the tower, dozens of Titan bodies laid about the castle grounds. Nanaba swung low and sliced a Titan's Achilles tendon, causing the Titan to fall. Then, Gelgar swung down and sliced the Titan's nape, killing it. Both of the swung up and landed on the side of the tower.

"That's mostly it for the big ones," said Gelgar, wiping off some Titan blood.

"It's a good thing we have this tower," said Nanaba.

"No kidding, think we might actually survive the night," said Gelgar.

Lynne and Henning came around and met with Nanaba and Gelgar.

"We'll go check on the recruits," informed Lynne.

"Okay," said Nanaba.

As Lynne and Henning flew up to the top of the tower, a slight rumbling sound was heard just overhead, alerting Nanaba and Gelgar.

"What's that sound?" asked Gelgar.

A large projectile crashed into the stables, which exploded with a burst of wood and stone. Nanaba and Gelgar looked in shocked to see the horses lying bloody and dead as the dust cleared.

"The horses!" shouted Nanaba.

On top of the tower, Henning and Lynne looked at the horses, as they looked both of them heard the same sound from earlier.

"There is it again!" Lynne shouted.

"Where the hell is it coming from?!" asked Henning.

Both of them looked for the source of the sound, unaware of a boulder heading straight towards them. The boulder crashed into the tower, alerting Nanaba and Gelgar below. Both of them looked up in horror to see Lynne's and Henning's body flying and blood pouring out.

"LYNNE!!!" screamed Nanaba. "HENNING!!!"


"Oh shit! What was that?!" shouted Conny, running up to the tower.

Gelgar and Nanaba set down Lynne's and Henning's body on top of the tower.

"This can be..." said Christa.

"It's him!" realized Conny, running to the side of the tower. "The one who made a beeline for the wall. That Beast Titan did this!"

Conny looked down and saw a massive stampede of Titans of all sizes came running straight towards the castle from the forest.

"A group of Titans approaching!" shouted Conny. "More than twice the number from earlier!"

"What'd you say?!" asked Gelgar.

"Their timing is too perfect, like it's some part of some strategy," stated Nanaba. "This isn't random at all, we're being toyed with."


On top of Wall Rose, the Beast Titan threw his its arms up, letting out a massive roar that could be heard from miles. With the Beast Titan roaring, the Titans below started bashing the tower. The tower started to rock violently of ever hit from the Titans below. Then, the Beast Titan started to climb down Wall Rose.


Back at the tower, a Titan attempted to grab Nanaba, who was on the side of the tower. She leaped off the tower to avoid the grab.

"Dammit!" she thought. "I'm running out of gas."

Nanaba swung around the Titan and latched on to the nape. With a burst of exhaust, she soared by the Titan's nape and sliced it.

"Come on go down!" shouted Nanaba.

The Titan then fell into another tower, a smaller one, destroying it. As the small tower fell the top landed on top of the downed Titan. Nanaba landed on the side of the tower, next to Gelgar.

"This tower won't hold much longer," stated Gelgar.

"Hey, my ODM gear is low on juice," said Nanaba. "You?"

"Fresh out," said Gelgar, looking at small, broken blade on his hand. "I used up all my blades. Those blunts ones the last you have left?"

"Yeah?" Nanaba replied, looking at her blades.

"How many did the four of us kill?" he asked.

"I don't know," she answered. "I was too caught up to count."

"You know what?" he asked. "I think I did a pretty good job myself. But the thing is... I wish I could have a drink before I go."

"Gelgar..."

Nanaba the saw blood running down his head and he fell slightly.

"Sorry, Nanaba," he apologized. "I must've hit my head... I can't hold... any longer."

Gelgar’s hook displaced itself from the walls, and Nanaba watched with horror as he fell limply into the crowding Titans. As Gelgar fell he was then caught by a Titan.

"GELGAR!!!" Nanaba shrieked.

Nanaba leaped off the tower and over the Titan that was holding Gelgar. She latched to the nape of the Titan and swung towards it, slicing it. The force of the strike broke her blades from the base. As the Titan fell forwards, it slammed Gelgar into the wall of the tower and into the hole. Nanaba latched to the side and tried to swing up, but to have no gas coming from the main housing.

"Dammit!" she shouted. "That's all I've got?"

She then looked in horror at the mass horde of Titans, now within range of grabbing her.

Inside the tower, Gelgar coughed as he got up. As he got up, he saw the green bottle on wine sitting on the floor.

"Thank God..." he muttered, reaching for the bottle.

He opened the crock of the bottle. He titled the bottle over his head, ready to drink. As a Titan looked inside the tower and looked at Gelgar. He was horrified as a single drop escaped the bottle and landed on his chin.

"How cruel," gasped Gelgar as tears streamed down his face. "This isn't fair."

The Titan outside reached in and grabbed Gelgar, pulling him outside to eat him.

"Who the hell drank the rest of this bottle?!" he yelled, flailing.

Gelgar was then silence as his head smacked the wall, knocking him out unconscious.


On top of the tower, the recruits can only watch helplessly as commanding officers were caught.

"They got them," said Conny.

"I thought we were going to be safe if we didn't participate in the Female Titan mission," whined Fluttershy.

Christa then got a rock behind her and threw it at the Titans below.

"Quit it, Christa!" demanded Ymir, holding her back. "The tower's about to crumble! You'll fall!"

"But their dying in our place!" shouted Christa. "Nanaba and Gelgar..."

Below, a Titan had bitten Gelgar's head off and was devouring the rest. Nanaba had her leg bitten off and was fought over by a horde of Titans. Then, a Titan grabbed Nanaba and open it's mouth.

"No! No!" cried Nanaba. "Father, stop! Father! I'm sorry! I won't do it again! Father! NO!"

Nanaba was then silence by a loud, nasty crunch as the Titan had devoured her. Everyone cringed at the sight of Nanaba getting eaten.

"What are you going to do?!" asked Fluttershy, hyperventilating. "We're trapped up here, the tower's about to fall, and worst of all, we don't have our uniforms!"

"Fluttershy, calm down!" shouted Lemon Zest.

"What is there to be calm about?!" asked Conny. "Do we gotta wait here now until the tower falls and we get eaten alive? Is there nothing we can do about it?! This is bullshit... We'll be wiped out without even finishing our mission."

"I want to keep fighting, too," spoke Christa. "If only I had some sort of weapon, then I could fight and die alongside them."

"Christa," hissed Ymir. "You're still saying things like that?"

"What?" asked Christa.

"Don't you dare use their deaths," scolded Ymir. "They didn't die so you'd have an excuse to got get yourself killed."

"That's not... That's not what I..."

"You're not like Conny and the Scouts!" scolded Ymir. "They don't want to die, but you don't even care. All you want to do is die in a way that makes you seem like a hero."

"That's not..."

"Conny," called Ymir. "Give me that knife you had."

"My knife?" asked Conny.

"Are we going to eat cake?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"Just give me the goddamn knife."

"Here," said Conny, handing her the knife.

"Thanks," said Ymir, patting Conny's head.

"If we're going to eat cake, then what do you want it for?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"Well, you see... I'm going to fight with this," declared Ymir.

"One small-ass knife against a against horde of Titans," said Lemon Zest, looking down. "You're kidding me."

"Ymir," called Reiner. "What the hell are you planning?"

"Who knows?" asked Ymir back. "I don;t even know myself."

"How the hell are you going to fight if you don't even know?" asked Lemon Zest.

"I'll think of something," replied Ymir.

Ymir walked over to Christa and placed both her hands on her shoulders.

"Christa. You've probably forgotten all about it by now..."

A Titan then rammed into the tower, rocking it.

"But might might be the end, so... Try to remember... that promise we made training on that snowy mountain."

Christa didn't say a word and was confused on Ymir's words.

"I have the right to tell you how to live your life. So actually, this is nothing more than a hope of mine... I want you... to live a life you're proud of."

Ymir backed away from Christa and touched the sharp point of the knife.

"Remember our promise, Christa."

Ymir then started to sprint towards the rampart, shocking Christa, Conny, Lemon Zest, Fluttershy, Reiner, and Bertholdt.

"Ymir!" called Christa, putting her arms up. "Wait!"

Ymir didn't listen to Christa. She hopped up atop the rampart, she pushed her foot off and jumped towards the titans. Everyone ran to the ramparts in complete disbelief. As Ymir fell with the knife in hand, her free hand gripped the blade.

"YMIR!!!" called Christa.

Ymir then quickly slid the knife out of her hands, slitting her palm, spraying blood on her face. She then exploded into a bright, yellow light. The others watch in amazement and shock at their sight. A small skeleton formed, flesh enveloped Ymir. Then, a 5-meter Titan with long arms, a large nose, rugged hair, small black eyes, small pointed ears, sharp fangs and claws had formed. Ymir's Titan lets out a loud roar, ready to face the horde of Titans below.