• Published 14th Jul 2020
  • 766 Views, 5 Comments

MMC: Mare in the Moon - SugarPie777



Twilight goes to Ponyville to find info on Nightmare Moon, and she meets her friends too. But something's...different?

  • ...
1
 5
 766

Apple Jewel

"Decorations. Beautiful..." Spike muttered.

The town hall was beautiful covered in steamers, pillars of flowers, as well as celestial tapestries.

"Yes, the décor is coming along nicely. This ought'a be quick. I'll be at the library in no time." Twilight said before complimenting "Beautiful indeed."

"Not the decor." Twilight turns to Spike as he points to the front to reveal a mare "Her..."

The mare was orange with a light blonde mane pulled into ponytail with a bejeweled ribbon and a silky but spiky tail. A trio of blue sapphire diamonds shown on her flank.

"No. No. Oh heavens, No!" the mare said picking through sashes

Spike was lovestruck with the mare before brushing his spines up and holding his tail "How are my spines? Are they straight?"

Twilight rolled her eyes and greeted the orange mare "Good Afternoon"

"Just a moment, please! I'm expressin' ma craft." she had a western accent (albeit more southern belle), was she the relative that couldn't make to the Apple's reunion?

"Oh, yes! Glitter ties everythin' up, don't it? Applejack, you have made it! Now, um, how can I help ya—" At the sight of her mane, Applejack makes what could only be described as fusion of a gasp, scream and a yelp "I don't mean to be rude! But what in Celestia's name happened to your mane?!"

Twilight looked up at her puffy mess of a mane "Oh you mean this? Well, it's a long story. I'm just here to check on the decorations, and then I'll be out of your hair!"

"Out of ma' hair?! Heavens to Betsy no, we're doing something about your hair." Applejack started to push Twilight to an unknown location.

"Wait! Where are we going?! Help!" Twilight objected alas Spike was too lovestruck with AppleJack to care about Twilight's discomfort.

At the Carousel Boutique

AppleJack can be heard indecisively picking through clothes "No, no, nah."

Inside, Twilight could be seen wearing many clothes.

"Too extra." Twilight is in an exact copy of the Statue of Liberty's outfit.

"Too floral." Twilight is now in yellow floral semi-formal dress, her mane is changed to being more wavier.

"Too poppy." Twilight is in a red and orange frilly ensemble with pompous orange sleeves, and a saddle sewn on. Twilight's mane was even wavier now, so much she could fit right in the 80s.

"Not poppy enough." Twilight was reduced to wearing pink, blue and white polka dotted dress that looked like it was from the 50s, the back of her mane was puffed up, and she looked annoyed at her ridiculous dress.

"Too middle aged." Twilight seemed to look like a strange pony version of Marie Antoinette and started at her wrapped up mane.

"Too... sweaty." Twilight had a orange worn out t-shirt, a yellow and light blue sweatband, and blue sweatpants. She looked finished with the outfits.

Finally, she had a white bedazzled necklace and saddle on, looking content "Now go on, sugarcube. You were telling me where y'all are from." then started to pull on the saddle like a corset.

Twilight winced but choked out a "I've... been sent... from Canterlot... to—"

AppleJack let go of the string leaving Twilight to crash "What?"

"Canterlot?! Is it everything I dreamed of there?! The privileges, the sophistication! I'd give my left leg to live there! I can't wait to hear all about it! We are gonna be the best of friends, you and I...and I'll tell you some stories of my life in Manhattan. I know it ain't as big as Canterlot but we'll make it work" and put a forehoof around Twilight's neck whilst Twilight became anxious "Emeralds?! My mistake. Let's get you some rubies!" And ran off.

Twilight took the chance to run and yelled to Spike "Quick! Before she decides to dye my coat a new color!"

Spike just sighed still lovestruck.