• Published 14th Jul 2020
  • 766 Views, 5 Comments

MMC: Mare in the Moon - SugarPie777



Twilight goes to Ponyville to find info on Nightmare Moon, and she meets her friends too. But something's...different?

  • ...
1
 5
 766

Rare Dash

"Food's all taken care of, next is weather". Spike said walking in front of Twilight.

Twilight stumbles behind, her belly swollen "Ugh... I ate too much pie..." she groaned.

"Hmm, there's supposed to be a unicorn named Rarity clearing the clouds with her magic" Spike said, looking around even up at the sky to find the unicorn.

Twilight looked around too, while she didn't find the unicorn, there were still a dozen clouds in the air "Well, she's not doing a very good job, is she? I mean not saying a unicorn couldn't but she'd had to be in a professional group or be very powerf-"

She was interrupted immediately by a powerful blast cut her off, knocking her into the mud "Yep, she's powerful...OW!”

"Hey! Are you okay?!" a white unicorn with dark violet curled mane and tail came running over.

"I'm so sorry, I was aiming for one of those clouds and I guess I aimed too low" The unicorn grimaced in guilt/embarrassment.

"Um, I'll help you" and then threw her magic into a cloud just above Twilight, making it rain.

However, Twilight was now drenched. "Uh-Oops! Guess I used too much magic" she put her hoof on her chin in thought and got an idea.

Rarity's horn lit up and wind started to blow, nearly blowing Twilight away. Rarity stopped the spell and asked "Well, what about now? Technically, it's used to blow away clouds, but what's to say it can't make a good manedryer".

Then, Rarity actually looked at Twilight and her mane and tail were puffy and curly.

Rarity tried to keep her snickers down and apologize but it was too funny. "I-I'm so s-orry"

Spike took a good look at Twilight and started laughing as well.

Twilight simply quirked an eyebrow and asked "So you're Rarity Belle?"

Rarity's eyes suddenly widened and she stops laughing "Um..yes?" she trots to Twilight and asks "Good things right?"

"Well, I heard you were supposed to be keeping the sky clear, which I guess you did". she sighs before smiling and saying "I'm Twilight Sparkle, and the Princess sent me to check on the weather."

"Oh of course, it really was an honor for the Princess to give me cleaning duty for the Sun Summer Celebration" she frowned "T'was kind of sad, I'm the only one she picked but that just means I have do an even more extraordinary job."

"Oh, that's actu-" Twilight started but was cut off.

“Also, the fame, business, and exposure” Rarity says, eyes glistening in wonder “Especially the Wonderbolts. They might look your average flight team, but they’re actually a part of Equestria’s military, and they actually integrated a weather program.”

Of course” Twilight thought, rolling her eyes before giving a sarcastic grin and asking “The Wonderbolts?”

“Yes” Rarity says not catching on.

“The most talented flyers in all of Equestria” Twilight said.

“Yes?” Rarity says a little confused and raises an eyebrow at Twilight’s tone.

“Pfft! Please. They'd never accept a Unicorn who can't even keep the sky clear for one measly day.” she scoffs.

“Hey! I’ll have you know I could clear this sky in ten seconds period.” Rarity says, clearly offended.

Twilight narrowed her eyes and mockingly smiles “Prove it.”

“Oh, It. Is. On” Rarity says before galloping away, jumping and destroying one cloud in a blue light, then another, and another.

“Loop-de-loop around.” she throws her magic in that order and destroys three clouds, before finishing the last cloud “and there! What did I tell you? Ten. Seconds. Period. Ponyville is such a humble town, it could be destroyed if we aren’t careful.” she says before chuckling “You should see the look on your face. Ha! You're quite intriguing, Twilight Sparkle. Maybe we could spend more time together, hopefully under less hostile circumstances” Rarity say, differing her tone on the last bit causing Twilight to look away from her harshly she treated her.

Rarity gallops off, taking out more clouds on her way.

“Wow, she's amazing!” Spike says, and starts to fluff Twilight’s still fluffy mane while giggling.

“Rrgh.” Twilight groans and walks away to their next destination.

Spike runs after her “Wait! It's kinda pretty once you get used to it!”