• Published 18th May 2020
  • 1,942 Views, 36 Comments

Sunburned - Madox



Twilight Sparkle dedicated her life to protect Equestria, but on her last mission she learned that everything she believed in was nothing but a lie.

  • ...
1
 36
 1,942

Prologue

Once upon a time in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together.

The Older ruled over the Day. Every day she used her god-like magical power to raise the sun and to protect every being that lived under its warmth. The Younger ruled over the Night. Every day, once her sister lowered the sun, she raised the moon to bring forth the darkness and cold of the night and protected those that called the night their home. Together they kept the balance between day and night and created harmony.

Over time the younger grew restless. She desired more power and decided that the day shall be hers as well. She gathered her troops and went to war against her sister, intending to claim what was rightfully hers in her twisted mind. The older tried to reason with her, but no matter what she did her sister ignored her pleas for peace.

In the end, the older was forced to fight against her sister, but her love for her family made her hold back, hoping that her sister might come back to her senses. Using that weakness the younger defeated the older after a long battle. Heartbroken upon seeing her sister lost completely to the darkness, and with the knowledge that all of her beloved subjects were going to suffer from her failing, the older gathered her remaining powers. Using a moment of distraction she unleashed her powers and managed to banish her sister to the moon, to be locked away for all eternity. With the loss of their mistress the creatures of the night lost their will to fight and retreated into their domains.

At long last, the war was over. The elder took over her sister's task to raise the moon at the end of the day, for she knew that the night was a necessity to ensure the wellbeing of the entire world.

But the younger one was not willing to give up that easily. During her last moments before her banishment, she put a curse on her beloved night- it would strengthen and empower her subjects, allowing them to continue their fight.

To this day the older sister keeps up the fight against the creatures of the night to maintain the brittle harmony that keeps the world alive.

~*~

History is written by the victor…