• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 4,369 Views, 17 Comments

Changing - Closer-To-The-Sun



Recent events with Spike have caused him to feel neglected by everypony. Slowly, this pushes him....and causes him to change.

  • ...
9
 17
 4,369

Ch. 2 Here And Now

Chapter 2: Here And Now

The night quickly fell upon Equestria. In the Carousel Boutique, a certain young dragon was helping Rarity with her orders. The two were in the main room of the Boutique, busily working on different dresses.

"Oh, thank you once again Spike for being such a huge help around my shop today," the white unicorn spoke in an endearing tone.

"Not a problem at all, Rarity! I'm just happy to help!" Spike replied happily.

"I must say it was good luck of me to find you in the Ponyville Square earlier today," Rarity thought aloud.

Spike, who was humming a soft tune to himself, froze as he heard Rarity's statement. "Oh my goodness! I totally forgot to pick up the herbal leaves for Twilight!"

Rarity looked over to see a panicky dragon, "Oh goodness! And all of the shops are closed now. I'm so sorry for keeping you from your errand, Spike."

Spike, with both of his claws on his head in an alarmed state, continued, "I need to get back to the library soon."

Rarity nodded, "Yes, she's probably worried sick about you, dahling. Come, I'll go back with you."

While the purple dragon was still fretting, he agreed and the two began their way back to the library. As they arrived, Rarity knocked on the door as a nervous Spike was shaking with concern. The door was opened by a purple unicorn.

"Oh, hello Rarity," Twilight greeted her friend before her eyes caught the attention of her assistant, "Spike? Oh my goodness, I've been so worried!"

Spike stepped forward and towards Twilight, still a little worried.

"I'm terribly sorry, Twilight. This is mostly my fault. I asked for Spike's help when he was out and about and, well, the two of us were working on some of my orders up until a few moments ago," Rarity explained, hoping her friend would understand.

Twilight nodded and smiled, "It's fine, Rarity. I'm just happy Spike's back. I feared the worst."

Rarity smiled back, "Well, no need to now, dear. He's back safe and sound. And I do apologize for any trouble. Take care, Twilight." The white mare turned and headed back to her home.

"Good night, Rarity," the purple unicorn waved to her friend.

"G'night," the dragon added.

Spike and Twilight entered the library. Spike, who was expecting to be scolded for what happened, was surprised to not hear anything. He looked up from the floor to see Twilight's face show a mixture of worry and indignation.

He decided to speak first, "I'm sorry…." he managed to mumble.

Twilight's face eased up, "It's alright, Spike. I was just really worried about you. You know better than to do things without informing me. I would have been perfectly fine if you had come back after picking up the leaves and tell me you would be assisting Rarity."

Spike looked away from Twilight very guiltily.

The unicorn could easily tell why Spike was avoiding eye contact, "You didn't get the leaves did you?"

"I'm sorry…." his voice was meek.

Sighing, Twilight smiled warmly to comfort her assist, "It's alright, Spike. The important thing is that you are back here now. Now, go on ahead and get ready for bed, tomorrow is going to be a busy day."

Spike gave a small smile back to Twilight as he ascended the staircase to get ready for bed.