• Published 28th Jun 2020
  • 653 Views, 3 Comments

Lustering Steel - TheSuperTransformerFan



All seems well for Princess Twilight...until she meets a student who is just like her, and it's up to Steel to show her the light!

  • ...
 3
 653

Part 2: Breaking Down The Problem

Steel paused the flashback story to let what he told thus far sink in. Luster, however, seemed to have come to the wrong conclusion for as soon as the beast bot paused. “Exactly.” Luster declared, “You moved away, your friends didn't care, and that was that.”

Twilight shook her head while Steel went over to her. “I wouldn’t say that.” He declared. “And, while that’s a reasonable conclusion to make, you jumped to the wrong conclusion...and there’s much more to the story.” He continued to narrate the flashback story.

(Read “Target: Mane Six” for the full flashback.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/465901/target-mane-six)

After, Twilight voiced her frustrations to her friends, her friends revealed that they do share her concerns and had been keeping themselves busy with the coronation so that they didn’t worry her or make themselves sad. Finally coming to grips with Twilight leaving, the ponies cried together and expressed how much they would miss her...but for a short time.“ Steel continued. “After hearing that, Twilight felt a little better, knowing her friends felt the same way she did at the time.

Luster was still listening to what the Beast Bot had to say. She didn’t want to miss a minute of the story and have to jump to the wrong conclusion again. She kept her eyes and ears open to listen for an important part in the story.

Meanwhile with Twilight’s then-student, Starlight Glimmer, she and Spike had a book of memories to give to her before her big moment. With the scrapbook now officially complete, they had decided to give Twilight the scrapbook before they leave for the coronation. But when Starlight goes to the castle the next morning, Twilight and her friends race past her to catch the train to Canterlot. Feeling disappointed in this, Starlight decided to give Twilight the scrapbook after the coronation.“ Steel continued. “When Twilight missed her train to Canterlot as a result, she teleported herself and the rest of the Mane Six onto it so they can travel together. Unfortunately, their coronation preparations quickly start to come undone: Big McIntosh mixes up food deliveries to Canterlot Castle, Fluttershy forgets to bring snacks for her performing animal friends, the Wonderbolts leave from Wonderbolt Academy without Rainbow Dash, Pinkie neglects to supervise Gummy and the fireworks display, and the train got delayed due to a herd of sheep on the tracks! Can you imagine! ” Steel laughed at that incident, as did Twilight and Spike because every now and then, it was okay to laugh at these little annoyances in life and this was a time to do just that.

“I can imagine THAT...being funny!” Twilight said happily.

“I know!” Spike said as he giggled. “The sheep were still on the tracks and everything else went wrong for them!” Twilight gave him a glare. “But not for you yet.”

Twilight blushed slightly. “Whoops.” She said. “My bad for jumping to conclusions.”

“Hey, no problem!” Steel said. “I jump to conclusions a LOT of the time! Like when the one time I gave the General my hand, so I could help?”

Twilight giggled. “Steel, I completely understand that was funny.” She told him. “But, don’t you think you should be getting back to the story?”

“Oh, yeah! Right!” Steel realized and got back to storytelling.

Twilight finally made it to the castle in time for the ceremony to begin. ” Steel continued to narrate. “Only at that moment, Commander Shaw contacted her and her ceremony had to be put on hold.” Luster gasped in shock at that.

“So, the coronation was put on hold and you didn’t get to have it?” Luster asked curiously. “What next?”

“Not exactly.” Twilight told her.

Twilight, Starlight and the others were called to Earth to team up with the rangers again when Evox and his minions began executing their final plan of stealing an entire Morph-X tower.” Steel narrated. “While the others were defeating gigadrones, Ravi, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy defied the commander’s orders in a desperate bid to save the real Roxy by destroying her avatar once and for all. On top of it all, they also managed to stop Blaze from taking the transporters. We found more of those transporters, and at that moment, trouble started to arise with Blaze activating the teleporters that we found, which resulted in both the Morph X tower and Devon being transported to the Cyber Dimension. ” Luser gasped in horror, but didn’t say anything yet as she wanted to know what happens next in the story. “ After confronting the Commander about his recent discovery, Mayor Daniels was told the truth about the Rangers' true identities, and joined them in their mission to travel into the Cyber Dimension to save Devon and defeat Evox. As Evox assumed physical form and prepares to return to Earth, Zoey decides that they need a new Megazord combination unseen before to have the best chance, so Nate and I revealed their secret configuration: The Beast-X Ultrazord...which we used to defeat Sombra and BellDrone earlier on. Our chances of saving Devon increased when Cozy Glow, a former villain gone good, took control of the Beast-X King Zord and combined it with the Beast Chopper and Wheeler zords, giving us the chance to defeat Evox and his minions once and for all!

Luster gasped in shock, awe, and excitement as she heard of how Evox was destroyed with the combined powers of the Mane Six and the Power Rangers...but there was more to come.

After we defeated Evox, we headed to Canterlot, where Twilight’s ceremony was filled to the brim with all the friends of the Mane Six were waiting for Twilight to be crowned.” Steel continued. “Once we were there, Princesses Celestia and Luna officially introduced her as the new ruler of Equestria. However, the ceremony DID hit a number of snags: Twilight briefly tripping on her gown, Fluttershy's animal friends fighting with Rarity's star spiders, the fireworks disrupt the Wonderbolts' aerial routine, and the coronation guests are served applesauce instead of apple cider. But the worst of all was when Twilight was picked up by the geese and was lifted above the balcony! Everyone thought she was going to fall, but with Ravi and my fast thinking, we managed to save Twilight and get those pesky silk spiders out of her dress and got her back on the platform safely before anything else bad happened! It was pretty much smooth sailing after that!

Twilight shot Steel a look, while the Beast Bot himself was a little confused and surprised. But, she quickly shifted back to smiling at him. “Pesky?” Twilight quietly whispered.

After a few seconds of thought. Luster then spoke up. "I think I get it now. Your coronation was such a disaster that you and your friends never really recovered, and that's why you all drifted apart." The student concluded.

Twilight stifled a giggle as Steel groaned. Spike then spoke his mind, "Well, you're half right." The dragon admitted.

Luster gave her teacher a worried look as tried to fathom what happened. But as we all know, outcomes had a way of changing, and Luster and Steel were about to reach the most powerful outcome yet.

Author's Note:

And that’s part 2! Somehow, Luster still isn’t convinced that Twilight’s friendship with the Mane Six didn’t fade, but that is about to change when something surprising comes to Equestria, and Luster and Steel team up to face a familiar robot. It’s all coming up next in the next chapter!