• Published 17th Mar 2020
  • 937 Views, 1 Comments

Soul Mark - niightear



Everypony has two cutie marks. Well, technically not. When their soulmate gets their cutie mark, it appears somewhere on their body.

  • ...
3
 1
 937

Chapter 1

I was only ten years old when I met her.

She was a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane, and I didn't think much of her.

We became friends relatively quickly, and I remember that faithful day.

The race.

The Rainboom.

My heartbreak.

Those colts were yet again bullying me, calling me Klutzershy and saying that I shouldn't even be in Cloudsdale.

When she showed up.

"Leave her alone!"

Those words stayed in my mind, although I didn't know why at the time.

They were so insignificant, I thought. Just a friend being nice to me.

It'd be in an hour's time when I found out why they were significant.

A race.

That's what happened.

I was standing on the cloud, ready to tell them to go, when they sped off, flying right past me at speeds I had never known possible.

I was awestruck.

For a second, until I felt my balance falter, and fell to the ground.

I was terrified.

Would I ever see Rainbow Dash again?

Why was that the only thing on my mind? She was just my friend.

Friend...

Friend is just a simple word, just six letters.

But for some strange reason, I longed to be able to add four letters to that word and refer to the pegasus as that.

The butterflies that caught me, the squirrels and birds that ran and flew around, they were all unbeknownst to me.

Well, the birds weren't.

The colors were beautiful.

The blue water, the red birds, the brown, white and gray bunnies, the yellow bees, everything.

It was beautiful...

And all reminded me of her.

And then I heard a loud boom.

I looked up, gasping as I saw a rainbow.

It reminded me even more of her, and I longed to get back up there to at least make sure she was okay...

But the animals were important for now.