• Published 16th Mar 2020
  • 3,690 Views, 110 Comments

Lysithea and Twilight: The Twin Sisters of Magic - Lusaminia



Lysithea never had the chance to truly enjoy childhood thanks to her shortened lifespan. However, when she is reborn as Twilight’s twin sister, she might just get the chance of having a normal life.

  • ...
5
 110
 3,690

Meetings and Reunions - Chapter 7

Lysithea felt a wave of comfort creeping itself along her body the farther she got away from the boutique. Perhaps she had over reacted, perhaps Dorothea hadn’t been angry at her, but all of that rationality didn’t amount to much when it was based on a single conversation. There was no way she could stand there and stay calm, not after what she had done. Not after she had murdered the man the Dorothea had planned to marry after the war.

“Thea, please wait,” Twilight called from behind. The sound of her sister being the first thing to truly get her to stop in her tracks. “Sis, are you okay?”

“Do I look okay?” Lysithea asked, shouting at the top of her lungs and scaring Twilight slightly. “I just… I thought everything would be fine here in Ponyville. I thought I was the only one, but I was wrong! I had to tell my friend a friend of theirs is truly dead, met a pony whose death I feel some slight responsibility for, and a mare whose groom to be died by my hooves! How do you-”

She stopped as she looked at her sister, who had taken several steps back as Lysithea ranted in the middle of the street about what she had done. She thought how lucky it was that nopony seemed to be around right now.

“Sorry, sis. You wouldn’t understand,” Lysithea said, her voice quiet and almost weak sounding. “It’s just… for all the good memories, all the friends I made, all the things I achieved, Fodlan wasn’t in a good place when I lived there.”

“Was there something in there that reminded you of it?” Twilight asked, taking a few steps forward. “I’m willing to hear it, I am your sister after all,” A sudden fear grasps her, those last words flowing out without her even realizing it. “B-b-but I also understand if you don’t want to?”

Lysithea silently thanked her sister for not pushing it too hard. It wasn’t something Equestria would understand, and she didn’t want to scare her sister more than she already was. The very memory of Ferdinand’s death would sometimes come back to mind, and she had to remind herself that it was the past. There was nothing she could do, whether it be keeping Dorothea from hating her, or erasing what she did that day. The less she had to think about it, the better.

“Not right now, we have stuff we need to do,” Lysithea replied, not exactly lying but not being truthful either. “We can cross the decorations off the list, which means the last thing we need to do is talk to Fluttershy, who is in charge of music. I think it would be best if we get moving right now.”

“Shouldn’t we wait for Annette?” Twilight replied. It stopped Lysithea before she had the chance to turn around. “She was the one showing us around after all.”

Lysithea didn’t just hesitate to answer, but couldn’t speak at all. Knowing how gung ho and cheery the mare was and has always been, she would likely invite Dorothea just out of good faith. The scenario that played out in her head only further played into what Dorothea might do. She knew that, for as nice as the opera star had been, she had a way of holding grudges that only seemed to grow in time. With all her might, she tried to tell Twilight they should leave without her, but she couldn’t.

Instead, Twilight, in one of the biggest acts of bravery she had mustered in years, walked up and hugged her. It wasn’t a flawless hug or walk by any means, the mare acting like she had just gotten out of freezing cold water. Even when the hug landed, her hooves were shaking, eyes darted back and forth as if she was worried about being judged. Nonetheless, the feeling of her sister’s hooves around her sent a calming sensation through Lysithea.

“Lysithea, you’re the strong one here. You’re the one who scared the ponies of when I was young, and since then I know your magic has only gotten stronger,” Twilight said, her voice quiet and calm. “I don’t know what you’re scared of. You’re not somepony to run away when the world wants to kill you. You’re not somepony like me. So, please, don’t be scared.”

Lysithea looked away, suddenly feeling incredibly stupid and immature, which she very much was not. Her sister was right, this wasn’t who she was. When she only had days to live she kept on fighting. When enemies saw her as weak and fragile she stuck a Hades in their mouth and made them regret ever thinking it. Yet, now, she was afraid of somepony who might not have actually been angry at her?

“You’re right, sis,” Lysithea replied. “I’ll confront Dorothea about it later. I would now… but we have stuff to do.”

Twilight sighed, feeling like a small part of her sister was still trying to get out of it all. Despite that, she knew she couldn’t do anything else at that particular moment.

“I’ll hold you to it,” Twilight told her. The two stayed silent for a second, neither sure what else to say. “Um… you wouldn’t happen to know where Spike is, do you?”

--------

“Of all the ways to be left in the middle of town, this has to be the most confusing,” Spike said, completely baffled at how he had managed to get seperated from Lysithea. “Well… perhaps I can at least get back to the Boutique. If that Rarity pony lives there, that wouldn’t be a bad place to wait.”

As Spike chose and directed and started to walk, he didn’t notice the pony watching him from the nearby bush. It was the pink pony from earlier, writing on a note pad with her hair while her front hooves rubbed against each other. A smile was on her face, one that felt overly fake and wide. It didn’t mask anything, she was genuinely in a good mood, but the look had caused most ponies and the surrounding area to keep their distance.

“Now, lets see here,” The pony said, looking away from the dragon and back to the notepad, which her hair had placed gently in her hooves. She flipped through pages and pages of what to most would seem utter nonsense, but was more sensible than could be imagined. “Yes, yes! With this information, I shall not only be able to make tonight even better, but the best that it could ever be! Tonight, I shall be crowned as the greatest party planner in all of Ponyville!”

The pink pony then proceeded to laugh a laugh so over the top, that nopony could tell if she was evil or insane. Most of them would end up agreeing about the latter.

--------

“Spike goes out by himself all the time, as long as we find him in the end it should all be fine,” Lysithea replied. “Now come on, we have a Fluttershy to go find.”

As Lysithea pointed in the direction she believed their next location to be in, Twilight couldn’t help but feel that Lysithea had just done something she would come to regret later. She shook her head of those thoughts, believing them crazy. Unaware of either of them, however, they were also currently being watched from the forest far to their right. What creature it was remained unknown, though it no doubt was vicious. That much was easy given it’s predatory eyes, which no doubt led to it having jagged teeth and fangs. As the sisters walked off, it followed them, waiting for the perfect time to strike.

Snap!

“Hey Bebe!” The pink pony said appearing out of nowhere.

The very sight of the pony sent the creature running in the opposite direction.

Author's Note:

Could I have possibly put more in this chapter?

Yes.

Still, I expect this chapter to be short, and considering the gap between this and my last upload, I wanted to give you all something.

Blame Tales of Berseria, the game has taken over my life the past few days.