• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 671 Views, 9 Comments

The journeys and adventures of Grand Shield. - Equestriapatriot



If you found out that you originally were supposed to be born in equestria. what would you do?...

  • ...
 9
 671

Book1. Chapter2. I read, and read and nothing... Something?

"That explains everything!" I said excitedly and raised from my chair so fast that I felt a little bit dizzy. I paced through my apartment and my brain was on highest gear as i thought through everything in my life. I always frown upon when someone offers me, or eat meat, I do not like needless violence, and the colorful world of the ponies moves me in such a way, and always make me feel like i belong there, wich i could not say about earth. I was supposed to live in Equestria, but somehow i was misplaced... That must be it!
I stopped in my pacing as i said out loud. "How will i get there?". I sat down in my chair and thought about what i had read one time about the multiverse theory and decided that i should read everything i could about the subject.

The following weeks i read nothing but books in that matter and a few texts on the internet, it explained different theories of how the other universes where built and how they where conected to our universe. they even explained a few theories on how to travel between them, but none were something you could try in at least a few ten years or so. I was not going to give up, for my real home awaited me, and I awaited the chance to travel there. But the weeks become months and I found nothing that could help me, and soon my void return and it was deeper than ever. I watched Friendship is magic in hope that it would help, but the hole was replaced by an incredible longing that was almost worse.
i was going to shut down my computer screen when i saw Twilight sparkle and her friends connect with the elements of harmony to defeat Discord, when i thought that maybe i had been searching in the wrong place. *maybe science is not the answer... Maybe magic is?...*
I clicked up google on the screen and searched "Multiverse magic." I scrolled down a few links and found one who said. "Multiverse theory older than you think." I clicked on it and found a site that explained that the faith of different worlds that have existed for thousands of years and have popped up in all cultures and their explenations of it and ways to go there. I read through the whole page and saw that there were links down below for more explanations to different beliefs. I read trough the nordic one with Asgard and jotunheim and also the native american belief in the spirit world and all the different ways to travel there.
I was starting to get tired, but i told myself that i should just read one more and then go to sleep. I choose one about the Druids, and started to read. It was quite interesting, though I didn't find anything useful until i got to one part about one world that was the origin to all the souls that then sent them to the worlds they were created for. There was another link for more facts about it and i clicked on it. The Druids believed that sometimes a soul would end up in the wrong world and then later on in its life receive a memory of that life it was supposed to live. That caused the human a pain of loss for the rest of their lives that was unbearable to them. The Druids who was a peaceful and compassionate people, built a gateway that worked in a way that if one of these souls entered it they would go to what ever world they belong in, and stay there. The portal is said to be nothing else but the Stonehenge monument, but that is just one of the theories behind it.

"So I have to go to england." I said quietly to myself. It is my best led, and i still have my vacation days left.
I didn't need to think more about it, I called my boss at once.

After four tones he picked up.

"Mikael! do you know what the time is?!" He yawned tired and annoyed.

"I know I know Jasper, but this is really important." I replied.

"What is it." Jasper sighed.

"I Need to take a few weeks of if that's alright?"

"It most certainly is not!" He almost yelled. "We need you to play Hamlet on thursday. Could this not have waited till tomorrow?"

No Because tomorrow i will be in england i thought to my self.

"Ok, if i can't have my vacation i will tell the labor union that you haven't given me a days of since I started to work for you."

Only silence came from the other line for a while.

"that is not fair Mikael," he said. "I never gave you time of because you asked me not to."

"Nonetheless I still want my vacation now."

"Fine... I guess that Leon can step in for you. Where are you planning to go that was so important that you had to wake me up in the middle of the night for?"

"Stonehenge." I answered shortly.

"It's not that special if you ask me, but have fun i guess. See you when you come back."

"yeah, see ya."

Klick.......

-----------------------------------------------

I was just about to board the airplane when i realized that I had paid my parents no thought at all. They may not have been my destined parents, but they raised me and i owe them a goodbye at least.

I took out my mobile and dialed my mother's number. She picked up at once.

"Hi sweetie, how's it been? You haven't called me in a while.", she said with her normal worried voice she had when i haven't called her in at least a week.

"Hi mom, everything is alright. i was meant to call you two days ago but i guess i was too busy."

"Too busy to talk to talk to your own mother? First Nathaniel and now you. what is happening to my kids?!", she said playfully and laughed.

I chuckled a little bit to.

"I know , I know I will call you more often from now on.", I hated myself that my last words to my mom was a lie. But what should i say? No mom i wont be able to call you anymore because I'm going to travel to the world i belong in by using Druid magic and will be too busy being a pony to do so.

"Well, what owes me the pleasure to talk with you now?"

"I'm going on holiday and will be abroad a few weeks, i thought that I would tell you."

"Ok, can you stop by so i can say goodbye to you in person?"

"No, sorry. The plane is leaving in half an hour."

"You're leaving today?!"

"yeah, um, sorry about that, I... entered a competition and I was notified today that i won and that i was to leave this day.", i said with a tiny bit of nervousness in my voice

The truth is that i was afraid that if i had to say goodbye to her in person I would change my mind and not go through with it. So I had to lie.

"Okay Mikeal, if you say so. But you have to promise to take lots of pictures. Where are you going by the way?"

"I'm off to England.", I said with true excitement.

"Well say hello to the queen for me will you?" she said and laughed. "Do you want to talk to your father?"

"Yeah, put him on."

"I'm already on son", dad said."

Of course mom had put the phone on speaker when she answered.

"Hi dad. I guess you already heard what im doing right?"

"You mean the part about you being too busy to talk to your mother and that you are leaving the country? Then yes."

"Good. Then i don't have to repeat myself."

" There is no need for that no. Have a nice trip son."

"Bye mom, by dad. I...", I felt a big lump in my throat that made it hard to say the last part without sounding sad. "Love you."

"Love you to.", they said in unison.

Klick....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

London calling, i thought and chuckle as I traveled through the great town one step toward my goal.

"We will not be in Amesbury for a while.", the cab driver named Gabe said. "You should sleep for a while."

"I don't mind.", I said and where already engulfed by the scenery that london had to offer that no city in sweden ever had. But a while after we left the town I was growing more and more tired until i fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up mister, we are there."

I woke abruptly and looked around.

"We are outside my cousin's house. You know, the guide. He will take you to Stonehenge, just mention my name and he will be cheap. And speaking about money..."

I handed him a bunt of pounds and then started to walk towards the house.

"Thank you so much sir. Have a good stay in England.", he said and waved as goodbye

I waved back and then knocked on the door as the driver left.

The door opened and in the hall there stood a long and muscular man with a weather-beaten face and a black goatee, who looked at me and said with a soft voice that did not fit his apperance.

"Hello there, who are you?"

"Hi, my name is Mikael", I said and stretched forward my hand to shake his.

He took it and smiles as he shakes it.

" I was told by your cousin that you where a guide around these parts."

"Thats right. Norton Siamsa at your service. The best there is."

" I want the Stonehenge tour please."

"That's fine, but you have to wait until tomorrow. It will be dark in a few hours if you don't want to spend the night outside that is."

I nodded at my backpack and sleeping bag at my feet to confirm that that was the case.

"Ok, just hang on a minute and let me get some things and we will be off."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few hours of beautiful scenery and entertaining stories we were finally at Stonehenge. I paid Norton eighty quid and said goodbye and then waited for him to go until i really looked upon the monument. It literally took my breath away in the light of the sundown. it was truly magnificent, but i had preparations to do.
I emptied my bag of the candles, incense and herbs and went to work. I lighted and placed the candles were their were sopose to be and placed the incense in the middle not to be lit untill moonlight. It was already dark when i started to grind the herbs together with water to make an anointing oil, and when i had removed my clothes and smeared the oil over me the moon was there. I took my place in the middle with the now burning Incense and closed my eyes.....................?
*Nothing is happening. God I am stupid. I actually trusted a website about magic, I read, and read, and nothing...*
Then I felt the sharp pain in the back of my head. I fell to the ground. No, through the ground.... And further....And further........