• Published 11th Feb 2020
  • 647 Views, 4 Comments

How the Mane 6 met Screwball - Musiclover435



This is how the Mane 6 met Screwball

  • ...
1
 4
 647

Chapter 2

The Mane 6 were currently on a train to the town where they were needed for a friendship problem. "So, where exactly is this place with a friendship problem?" Rarity asked.

"I'm not sure, but it must be serious if all of us are needed," Twilight answered.

"Are you kidding?! This place is the place I've always dreamed of visiting! It's CANDY TOWN!!!" Pinkie Pie shouted happily.

"I've heard of that place. It's where the most famous candy is made and spread out through Equestria. They have some tours every now and then," Rainbow Dash told them.

"Wow. It sounds like this place was made for you, Pinkie Pie," Fluttershy told her.

"Yeah, what's in Candy Town anyway?" Applejack asked curiously.

"Cotton candy trees, chocolate trees, candy apples that grow on those chocolate trees, gummy bushes, candy glass, a frosting fountain, and I even heard that they have a mountain made of ice cream!" Pinkie Pie shouted happily.

"Are you sure, Pinkie? I've never heard of a town like this," Twilight told her.

"Yeah, I know of all kinds of apple trees but never a candy apple tree."

"Well, we'll just find out when we get there. Hopefully, if everything is made of candy, it doesn't ruin my coat." Everyone laughed happily as the train continued to its destination.


The Mane 6 soon arrived at the train station for Candy Town. "Hmm... I wonder if the boards are made of chocolate bars!" Pinkie bent down to sniff the wooden floor and bite a piece off.

"PINKIE! What are you doing?!" Twilight asked her freaking out about the damaged property.

Pinkie started to crunch on the wooden board but soon spit it out. "Yuck! This isn't chocolate! This is oak!"

"I guess everything being made of candy wasn't true," Rainbow Dash told them. Everyone laughed in amusement.

"You're not the first pony to do that you know? Everypony who comes for the first time always tried to eat the train station the first time." The girls looked at the sound of the voice and saw a male white unicorn in a purple striped suit with a black mane. "You must be Princess Twilight and her friends. I must ask, what are you doing in a town like this? On a vacation?"

"Actually, we are here on a Friendship Mission. We have a map that told us that there was a friendship problem here," Twilight told him.

"Well, I'm Mayor Sweet Tooth and I'm sorry to disappoint you, Princess, but everypony here gets along very well. No pony is sad and everypony gives ideas for how we can improve our candy."

The Mane 6 looked at each other than huddled together. "Think he's telling the truth? Are things are good here?" Twilight asked.

"I'm not sure. The mayor didn't seem to be lyin' but there could be somethin' happenin' that he doesn't know about."

"We could look around and ask. The mayor was really nice and maybe everypony else is too," Fluttershy said.

"Yeah! Let's look around and eat all the candy!" Pinkie Pie shouted with glee.

They all got out of their huddle and looked at Mayor Sweet Tooth. "Mayor Sweet Tooth, do you mind if my friends and I look around? I would love to see how you make your famous sweets."

"I'd be delighted to show the Princess of Friendship and her friends around. Although, my secret for how I make everything happen will just have to remain a secret." Everypony nodded in agreement. "Excellent. Let's take a tour." The group left the train station and Mayor Sweet Tooth showed them all around town. He told them that the town was not made of candy but the trees were chocolate with cotton candy leaves. They also grew different candied fruits. He also showed them a chocolate bar that will never melt, no matter how long it remains in the sun and it can survive dragon fire. They also had gum that would never lose its flavor and lollypops that are on eatable sticks.

"Wow, you made all of these?" Twilight asked amazed that a unicorn could do all this.

"Of course. I had a huge love for candy when I was a young colt and I wanted to experiment with it to make certain things last longer."

"That is AWESOME! Can we try some of it?" Rainbow Dash asked hopefully.

"Of course! We had plans to send it off to Ponyville and Canterlot soon but I don't mind you trying out some."

"YIPPIE!!" Pinkie Pie ran off faster than anypony could register.

"Pinkie, you don't even know where you're going!"

Pinkie Pie was running so fast, she didn't even notice the young filly she crashed into. "Ow..."

Pinkie Pie stood up and helped the filly up. "Sorry, guess I wasn't watching where I was going."

The young unicorn filly proceeded to pick up the items that had fallen out of her bag and put them back in. "It's okay."

Pinkie Pie also helped her. "I'm Pinkie Pie, what's your name?"

The young filly put the last item in her bag then said, "My name is..."

"Pinkie Pie, you can't run off like that!" Twilight shouted.

"Sorry, I got so excited to see that candy that Mayor Sweet Tooth was going to let us try."

"Is everypony okay?" Mayor Sweet Tooth then noticed that young filly. "Tootsie Roll, are you okay?" The young filly nodded. "Good, I was worried for a second there. This is my daughter, Tootsie Roll." She did a shy wave at them. They noticed that she was a pink unicorn with a white mane and no cutie mark. She also had light purple eyes and wore glasses.

'Odd. Why does her hair look like that?' Rarity thought to herself.

"Tootsie, why don't we show them our trees?" The young filly nodded. "Great. Come on, I'll lead you to the factory where we make everything."

Once they arrived at the factory, Mayor Sweet Tooth showed them around. He showed them how the candy was packaged and he even let them try it.

"This is AMAZING!!" Pinkie said happily.

"I say this is truly divine."

"Ye-haw! These candy apples are just as good as the apples at Sweet Apple Acres."

"Thank you. It's great to now that all this hard work is going to ponies who will simply love our candy."

Twilight was enjoying the candy apple that Mayor Sweet Tooth had given them then she noticed that Tootsie Roll's eyes were red. Tootsie Roll was using her magic to lift her glasses up and she rubbed her eyes. Twilight walked over to her and asked, "Are you all right?"

Tootsie Roll looked at her and said a bit too quickly, "I'm fine!" She cleared her throat and said a bit slowly, "I'm fine, Princess. It's just my... allergies. I have allergies that make my eyes red and irritating. I have my eye drops on me." She then took out her eye drops and put a few drops in her eyes. "I should be fine in a while, Princess."

"Okay... good to know," Twilight said then she walked off.

The tour continued without a hitch. However, Twilight was concerned about Tootsie Roll. Twilight could tell that she was lying about her allergies. Allergies can involve sneezing, coughing, rashes, and many more that could be much worse. Red, irritating eyes are a factor but something felt off about how she said it, Twilight just couldn't put her hoof on it.

"It's getting late and I'm sure you all are tired. Why don't you stay in our luxury hotel and I can give you all more of a tour tomorrow?"

"Thank you, Mayor Sweet Tooth. Thank you, Tootsie Roll. We'll see you tomorrow." The Mane 6 left leaving Mayor Sweet Tooth and Tootsie Roll for the night.


In the hotel room, the Mane 6 were discussing why they were there and their tour with Mayor Sweet Tooth. "From what we saw on our tour, Twilight, I didn't notice no friendship problem."

"Yeah, Mayor Sweet Tooth seemed really cool. He cared about his employees and the ponies in this town were really nice," Rainbow Dash told her.

Twilight just stared out the window in silence. It appeared that she didn't hear her friends. "Twilight, is everything okay?" Fluttershy asked. She walked over to Twilight and tapped her on the shoulder which startled her.


"Huh?! Oh, sorry, girls. I guess I was lost in thought. This place is perfect. No pony fights, no arguments, and everypony seemed happy."

"We did say that there could be something happening that the mayor doesn't know about," Rarity told her.

"I know. I could also be putting too much thought into it. The map sent us all here for a reason. Question is, what?"

"Maybe the map wanted us to eat the delicious candy for all we've done for Equestria?" Pinkie Pie told her.

Twilight smiled and said, "I don't think so, Pinkie. The map sends everypony somewhere where there is a friendship problem. I know that there is a friendship problem here and I think that it could be something that Mayor Sweet Tooth doesn't know about."

"We ain't going to find the solution in one day. While we have found it quickl' in the past, I think that we need to get some sleep and find it in the mornin'," Applejack told them.

"I agree. After all, a mare needs her beauty sleep."

"All right, let's get some sleep. Good night, girls."

Author's Note:

Just to let Y'all know. I'm okay. All my classes have moved online and I'm home. I'm stuck here until everything dies down. Writing fanfiction is the only thing that keeps me sane. Anyway, please stay safe, stay healthy, and PLEASE, follow the CDC guidelines. Don't panic because panic solves nothing. Anyway, I'll see Y'all next time, Bye. :)