• Published 11th Feb 2020
  • 646 Views, 4 Comments

How the Mane 6 met Screwball - Musiclover435



This is how the Mane 6 met Screwball

  • ...
1
 4
 646

Chapter 1

Discord had been dreading this since Tirek had been sent back to Tartarus. Since he first escaped from his stone prison, he thought that his daughter was gone since she had stopped visiting him one day. Once he escaped and arrived at the maze, she appeared out of nowhere, he was very surprised to see that she was alive and well.

She hadn't changed in the thousand years he had been gone. In fact, her magic had gotten better since he left. She told him everything about what she had seen and all the pranks she pulled. She even told him how she got her cutie mark from making things a bit more interesting when other ponies were playing. It felt good knowing that she was alive, well, and still causing chaos across Equestria. She also apologized for never visiting him. She was afraid of the Princesses and the Elements of Harmony but he forgave her none the less. They were back together again and nothing else mattered.

Until... he was sealed away again by the Elements of Harmony. She wasn't around when he was sealed away but even though he was frozen, he worried about her safety. She was probably scared that she would get frozen as well but more importantly, she was alone, again.

When he was reformed, he didn't mention Screwball because he didn't fully trust the princesses or the others. He trusted Fluttershy but he wanted to find Screwball himself. Whenever he wasn't messing with the Mane 6 or having tea with Fluttershy, he was searching for Screwball. He looked all over Equestria for her. He disguised himself as a colt to find her in various orphanages but no luck. After the incident with Tirek, he knew that he could trust the princesses and get their help since he trusted them and they trusted him.

Discord took a deep breath. 'They are your friends. The Princesses will help. All you need to do is ask.'


For Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, their days had been rather boring since their fight with Tirek. After giving Twilight new books for her library, things had gotten quite boring. Twilight had also told him about the Friendship map and that it summoned her and her friends on a friendship mission. Now, it had been several months since then, and everything was fairly quiet.

Currently, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia were sitting in their throne room, looking over papers for their kingdom. For Princess Celestia, she was looking over her duties over Canterlot and Princess Luna was trying to map out ways to help the fillies and colts who need her help most in their dreams.

As Princess Luna was reading through her papers, the letters on one paper started to rearrange itself. 'What the...?' The letters rearranged themselves into a lined picture of Discord. "Nice dream, huh, Princess?"

Princess Luna dropped her papers out of fright. "Luna, is something wrong?" Princess Celestia asked after seeing her sister drop the papers.

Suddenly, Discord appeared in front of the Princesses with a mischievous smile on his face. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna smiled with amusement on their faces. "Princesses," Discord said with a small bow.

"Discord, what brings you here?" Luna asked wondering what Discord had chosen to visit them. Normally, he was in his home or in Ponyville hanging out with Fluttershy.

Discord normal mischievous stature soon turned into one of nervousness. This shocked the princesses since Discord was always confident and mischievous and now he looked like he was nervous. "Well, I just have a favor to ask of both of you."

The two princesses looked at each other then Celestia told him, "Discord, we may have had our problems in the past and the incident with Tirek wasn't good." Discord gulped nervously. "But all that is in the past now. What do you need?"

"It's just... I need help finding my daughter, Screwball. I lost her a long time ago and I have no idea where she is."

"Wait, you have a child? How? When did this happen?" Luna asked baffled.

Discord sighed. "When I was first ruling Equestria, I was bored and lonely. I wanted somepony to appreciate my chaos so I created my daughter from a cloud of cotton candy. Anyway, I can't seem to find her. I have searched all over Equestria for her and I haven't found her."

"Discord, how is she still alive if she was born when you first ruled Equestria?" Celestia asked. "She's a chaotic being so naturally, she's immortal. After I was freed from my stone prison the third time, I started my search for her across Equestria but no luck. Eventually, I gave up until..." Discord stopped. It was obvious that he wanted to continue but was afraid.

"You gave up until... what? What happened?" Luna asked now concerned for the draconequus and his daughter.

Discord sighed. He turned away from the princesses sadly. "I joined sides with Tirek because he offered me two things I always wanted. To be able to use my chaos magic freely without question and..."

"The location of your daughter," Celestia finished for him.

Discord nodded sadly.


Discord was thinking to himself about Tirek's offer. "Sorry, I actually like having my friends, besides you don't even have anything else I could want."

Tirek smiled and said, "Oh, what about the location of a certain pink filly with a purple and white mane that you've been searching for?"

Discord froze then looked at him with anger in his eyes. "You know about her? Where is she?!"

"Now, now, I gave you a simple offer. Become my 'friend', and I will tell you where to find her. My friendship and the location of your precious child."


"I never learned of Screwball's location but I came here hoping that you and the others could help me find her."

The two princesses smiled and Celestia said, "Discord, the past is in the past. Now, I will send a letter to Twilight to see if she and her friends can help find her, what does she look like?"

"Screwball is an adorable pink Earth pony, with a baseball and screw for a cutie mark, a purple and white mane with a yellow and green propeller hat. You can tell them that they will know her when they see her."

Celestia finished writing her letter and sent it off to Twilight. "Thank you, princesses. Now, off to tea with Fluttershy!" Then he teleported away.

"I don't think he'll ever change, do you, sister?" Luna asked.

"His mischievous ways, no. But he has changed since we first fought him."

A puff smoke came into the castle signaling that Twilight had written back to Celestia and Luna. Celestia used her magic to open the letter and began to read it to herself. "What does it say, sister?"

"Twilight, just like us, is shocked that Discord has a child, but she and her friends were called on a Friendship mission."

"All six of them?" Celestia nodded. "It must be serious if all of them were called."

"Yes, it must be. Twilight said that she and her friends would try their best to aid in the search for Discord's daughter when they return."