• Published 6th Feb 2020
  • 2,090 Views, 41 Comments

Honest Hearts - YuCheng Huang

  • ...
5
 41
 2,090

Chapter 1 - A New Friendship Quest

Sun was shinning bright on the blue sky and the birds were chirping happily on the trees, it was a peaceful morning in Equestria. On the edge of Everfree Forest lives a butter color pegasus. Fluttershy, as always, was taking good care of her critter friends. Suddenly, she noticed a continuous stomp on the floor, it was no other then Angel Bunny.

“Alright Angel, I promise you that we won’t be late for our picnic.” said Fluttershy while Angel kept stomping the floor and the grump was still on his face.”Fine..., I will make you your favorite s- “ Fluttershy was shocked upon she noticed that her flank was glowing .“Oh, my...” Fluttershy exclaimed.

“I’m so sorry Angel, I really need to go to Twilight’s place now.” Fluttershy said while she was putting some food and water in her saddle bag. Angel was not pleased. He tried his best to persuade Fluttershy to stay, but to no avail, he eventually gave up.

“Don’t worry Angel, the picnic will be held as soon as I return, okay?” Angel nodded but still disappointed. “Thank you Angel, I’m so glad you understand.” Fluttershy gave Angel a warm hug then head straight to Twilight’s castle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, at Sweet Apple Acres. After finishing their breakfast, the Apples was ready to face another day of work. "Whoo weee ! Another good day to buck some apples, don't ya think, big brother?" Applejack said energetically.

"Nope." answered Big Macintosh,whose face looked rather terrible and could barely stand.

"Didn't sleep well, did ya."Applejack said with a chuckle."Eyup." Big Mac nodded with a yawn.

Applejack put her hoof on Big Mac's shoulder, "It's alright, big brother.Your little sis will always lend a hoof if ya need." and give him a warm smile.

Looking much better, "Thank a lot, sis." said Big Mac.

"That's what families do, big brother. Now, let's get star-" AJ was cut by the glow on her flank.

"Aww, pony feathers. Seriously ?" Applejack facehoofed and sighed. "Me and Fluttershy just solved Kirins' problem few days ago." she thought out loud. "Sorry big brother, but Ah need to leave for Twilight's. Another friendship problem awaits. Oh ! And tell Granny Smith and Apple Bloom that Ah'll be back soon." and left to pack her stuff.

Big Mac waved good to Applejack and head toward the other family members. He knew what kind of responsibility Applejack hold. Even though he's very exhausted, he felt proud for her sister, and tried his best to do as much work he could.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few moments later, Fluttershy and Applejack both arrived at Twilight's castle. "So, another friendship problem for us, huh~" Applejack said with her eyebrows raised.

"It...it can't be worse than last time, right ?" Fluttershy said nervously.

"Well, we won't know anything if we keep standing here, let's go find Twilight." Applejack finished and proceeded to knock on the front door.

Nopony was there to answer the door.

After a few awkward minutes, the door opened, and a small purple dragon peeked his head out. "Oh, great! You're here. Please come in." Spike greeted them.

"What took ya so long, Spike? Is anything wrong." Applejack asked.

"Something unique happened to the map, Twilight and Starlight is trying to figure it out." Spike answered.

"What happened exactly?" Asked Fluttershy.

"You two know what the cutie marks on the map do, right?" Spike asked.

"Yes." answered Applejack and Fluttershy simultaneously.

"Well, your marks are out of Equestria." Spike started to sound worry. "Even crazier is that they're out in SPACE!"

Upon hearing that Applejack started to panic and Fluttershy almost fainted, and fortunately was caught by Applejack.

"What in tarnation do you mean IN SPACE?" Applejack shouted and dropped the almost unconscious Fluttershy to grab Spike.

"I don't know anything more, please don't hurt me!" Spike pleaded.

Knowing what she was doing, "Ma apology Spike, ah kinda lost it right there." she put Spike down, and put Fluttershy on her back.

"Apology accepted, Applejack.I know it's hard to endure this kind of pressure in a short amount of time." Spike let out a sigh of relief.

"Is she okay?" Spike asked looking at Fluttershy.

Applejack nodded and petted Fluttershy head. "She'll be fine, don't worry. Let's get going."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The trio reached the map room, and Applejack was shocked by the view. The room was a mess. The floor and the air was covered by books, Twilight was walking back and forth, she was totally stressing out, desperately looking for information, and Starlight was doing what Twilight was doing except she was sitting on her seat and she was a bit calmer.

"Starlight?" Applejack asked walking toward Starlight. "Spike told me a little about our 'problem' here. Mind telling us more detail?"

"Sorry Applejack, this happened for the first time. And both me and Twilight haven't found anything useful." answered Starlight. "Since Twilight can't do anything else right now, I asked Spike to write a letter to the princesses, hoping they can help us."

"Uhh...What happened?" Fluttershy said waking up from her unconsciousness. "I just had the worst nightmare that I am going on a outer space friendship quest with Appleja-"

"I really don't want to tell ya about this sugar cube." Applejack said. "That ain't a nightmare."

When Fluttershy was about to cry, both Applejack and Fluttershy's cutie mark glow even brighter. Soon after, a dazzling light blinded everyone including the Twilight-ing Twilight.

"What is happening!" shouted Spike.

"What is going on!" Twilight was finally out of Twilight-ing mode.

"I don't know!" Starlight shouted back.

About ten seconds later, the light died out, and everyone's vision was still blurry. "Is anypony alright?" asked Starlight.

"I'm fine." Twilight responded.

"Oh, thank Celestia. I'm still alive!" Spike responded and started kissing the floor.

And then silence, no response from both Applejack and Fluttershy.

"Applejack! Fluttershy!" shouted everyone.

"Oh, no!" - Spike put both of his claws on his head - "They were took by the light!"

"Oh no no no no no!" - Twilight biting her lower lips - "What are we going to do now?"

They all frustratedly sat on the floor, while another bright light took away all of their vision.

"Do we miss something?" said Princess Celestia accompanied by Princess Luna.

"It's a long story." said Spike.

Author's Note:

Welp, this is the first chapter of this fic. And again constructive criticism are welcomed(still be gentle,pls).The Courier will be introduce in the next chap. What will FS and AJ encounter in the Zion National Park. To be continued.