• Published 26th Jan 2020
  • 2,215 Views, 14 Comments

Of Revolutions and Reunions - Matthais Unidostres



Tempest Shadow leads an attack on Klugetown to liberate its slaves.

  • ...
1
 14
 2,215

Prologue

Author's Note:

I dedicate this story to Brian Jacques; sailor, songwriter, and author; for who says that he is dead. . . knows nought at all!

Tempest Shadow stood before an imposing audience. There were various noble ponies, high ranking members of the royal Day and Night Guard, and of course, the three Alicorn princesses of Equestria. She had been thinking of this moment for quite some time, so she was not afraid of making the speech itself. However, she was concerned about the outcome of this speech, and whether or not her words would have the impact that she desired.

Nevertheless, Tempest Shadow stood with stoic poise and a calm demeanor as she made her case.

"For the past few months, I have begun to pay back my debt to society by spreading the word of the Storm King's demise. However, I have only begun to make amends for my misdeeds under the Storm King's command. I truly wish to show my appreciation for the second chance Princess Twilight had given me, and make a truly positive difference in this world I had once hated and isolated myself from. After giving it much thought, the answer finally became clear to me. Under the Storm King's rule, the city of Klugetown became a slave state; and even after his demise, that wretched town still remains a capital of the selling, buying, and ownership of slaves. In that festering den of injustice, hundreds upon hundreds of living creatures, creatures that once had dreams and aspirations, suffer every day of their existence under the grip of their masters."

Tempest Shadow's gaze hardened as she stated simply, "This cannot go on."

The crowd of ponies began muttering amongst themselves. Celestia's expression was unreadable, while Luna simply nodded. Twilight, however, had a face of distress and sympathy for the slaves Tempest Shadows spoke of.

Now raising her voice slightly, Tempest continued, "Those in charge of Klugetown do not care what state the Storm Kingdom is in, or if the Storm King lives or dies. The lucrative allure of the slave trade is too strong for them to resist, and they clearly lack the conscience or compassion to be persuaded to give it up. They will continue the practice of slavery indefinitely. Therefore, I must make the following request: we must send an army to this citadel of evil, and liberate these slaves by force. Even know, I can feel your apprehension at the idea of more conflict. However, I ask you to consider this: If Equestria is aware of the fact that hundreds of innocent creatures are being enslaved, and does nothing, are they not complicit in this practice? Does it not make this land of harmony and friendship hypocritical in nature? But even more than that, consider this: imagine your own friends, family, and loved ones. Imagine them, living live waiting in cages, their limbs in chains, waiting to be sold to those who see them as mere property. Then, imagine them forced to do labor in the harshest of conditions, and forced to bow the every whim of their master. Then, if they do not flawlessly please their master, they are starved, left forsaken in the dark, or cruelly beaten until their bodies are scared with red, bleeding welts."

Pausing a moment to take a sweeping glance at her audience, Tempest said, "Now, I ask. . .what is your answer?"