• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 807 Views, 2 Comments

The Origins (#1) - LightningStar626



After dusting out a few pieces of equipment in an old closet at Canterlot High school, Pinkie and Fluttershy discover a mysterious book that unlocked another portal by the statue to a THIRD world!

  • ...
 2
 807

Chapter 8: Hail, Master Adagio!

Chapter 8: Hail, Master Adagio!

~Deep in his almost finished shadowy castle, Devil sat impatiently unmoving on his shoddy throne before he had a strange vision. He saw an ancient siren, yellow and magical, hovering in a pale blue mist above his black turrets. The winds were strong, and it seemed as if she was flying away, leaving himself and his castle to crumble. The mad doctor stared vacantly as though in a trance. Devil recognised the gritted face at once. This strange creature in his vision, was none other than his supposed ally, Adagio Dazzle, the one who told him of this magic. Could that be why he's having this vision? Devil bowed low as he snapped his thoughts away. Repeatedly tapping his fingers against the armrest, he waited for news, preferably the one about his lab.~

"Come on, come on…" he breathed. "How long does it take to build a lab?!"

His eldest son spoke. "Quite long if we don't get the right resources in time, dad. Our slave students down in the mines aren't working hard enough."

"Well then, go down there and threaten some sense into them!" Devil screamed.

Olliee obeyed. "...right. I'll go get Frank and Wendy. They know how to whip people into shape."

~He wobbled out of the room without delay, as it was not wise to detain when one was received by his father. Once he made it to a quiet spot where he would make no disturbances, he made a call to his younger brother and sister using his own compact-shaped pocket phone the minions carry around with them. He explained the situation to them with a low voice, and they impressively agreed to head back and into the caves where they will take care of the 'slaves'. Olliee's task was done. But as he headed back round the corridors and up the stairs again, he heard someone.~

"Excuse me? Olliee?"

"Hmm?"

~Before he could so much as turn around towards the speaker, they came up to him of their own accord. It was Aria Blaze, and she wiggled her eyebrows at him, as if she was trying to get his attention fully.~

"Before you head back to your dad, I was wondering if you could give me a tour of the castle. Would be nice to know how to navigate the place where I'm staying, you know?"

"Sorry, but I'm busy with my duties." he declined.

Aria frowned, but held it back. Clearing her throat, she tried again. "Pleeease? I need a smart, strong, handsome man to help me…"

"You can forget the terrible flirting." Olliee interrupted. "I'm not interested at the moment."

Aria dropped everything. "Can you at least tell me about your two enemies? What-were-their-names-again? Frightening Soar and Karly...Car Michael?"

"Lightning Star and Karly Crystal. Don't worry, dad always gets Karly's name wrong all the time. But, very well."

~With that, they began to walk together while Olliee began to explain all about the 'war' between his dad and Lightning and Karly. Aria faintly listened before secretly taking the lead, and because Olliee was so caught up in telling Aria about everything, he never noticed that she was leading now and taking him in a far off direction, away from his dad and what was happening. Nobody else caught on. As Devil continued waiting in his throne room, finally, a minion came to him in an urgent greeting.~

"Sir, the lab is in completion now." he informed him.

Devil's beady eyes lit up. His dark face broke into a greasy smile and he rubbed his calloused hands together. "Ahhh, excellent. About time, too! Time to get experimenting!" he called for two more minions. "You! Go fetch the tech girl!" he commanded one of them. "And you two! With me!"

~At once, he and his minions hurried to his newly-built laboratory, while the third one went towards the dungeons to fetch Twilight. He carried a crossbow in his hands and crept along the dark lofty corridors before down a few flights of stairs to reach the underground caverns of Devil's castle. Steel covered up the walls, making it impossible to breach. The minion reached the dungeons and supposedly peeked into the one holding Twilight Sparkle. But she wasn't in there. All that was seen was a scattered coil of rope. The minion wondered in a silent panic where she had gone, only to soon find out. He gasped as some purple force tore the weapon from his hands. The bow clattered to the floor. He made a grab for it, but as he did so it slithered beyond his reach. Twilight panted down the corridor as the minion tried again with the same lack of success. Then, she made to escape. But as soon as she touched the first step on the stairs leading up, she was sighted by the two guards.~

"Not so fast, glasses." boomed the voice of one of them.

~Twilight drew back against a wall, her body tense with fear. She reached her hands out to use her magic again, only to be stopped by an arrow that almost pierced her arm. The three minions surrounded her.~

"Don't even think about using your magic, kid," the first one yelled. "Now, come peacefully."

~Twilight had no choice. Next thing she knew, she found herself bound again and was being constantly jolted forwards up the stairs. It almost knocked the breath from her body. At the same moment, Devil and his associates arrived and altogether, they grouped up. Twilight struggled in vain as she realised what was about to happen.~

"Wait…are we gonna…?" she asked meekly.

Devil replied with a hollow laugh. "Yes, tech girl. Today is your lucky day! I can finally experiment on you! My dream lab is complete, and it will be your home for the next few ever years!" The lab was almost upon them. "Oh, I'm going to enjoy this."

~Twilight said nothing. Her legs felt weak and her face bathed in sweat. She would have cried hoarsely for help, but what good would it do? So, instead, she closed her eyes, and slowly awaited for her torture. However, the minute Devil swung the doors wide open, it felt as if time froze.~

"What the…?"

~Everyone gazed into the laboratory before them. The chamber, it was empty. There were no potion flasks; no bookcases with books; not even a ponderous, scientific smell Devil can snuffle at. The doctor fell silent. Then, with an ear splitting screech followed, he rose to his full height and fixed the minion, who informed him of the lab's completion, with a steely stare, believing that he lied to him. His voice was icy as he screamed.~

"STEPPES!"

The minion called Steppes stuttered. "I-I-I saw the workers leaving the lab a few minutes ago, s-so I just assumed they were done!"

"Where did they go?!"

"I think to the chamber above the lobby. The- the one we still need to decide what it'll be!"

"What? WHY?" stormed the doctor.

"I DON'T KNOW! They just...went!"

~Devil fumed and smarted in a thought. He ordered Twilight to be taken back to the dungeons while he, and his men searched the castle grounds for the workers. The tech girl was relieved. For now. While they walked and made a couple of corner turns in the hallways, Devil ranted on to his minions, not even daring to make eye contact with them. His walking grew heavier every second.~

"Why didn't you say anything to them?" he said.

"W-Well, I tried but they wouldn't listen. Thing is, they all had something strange going on with their eyes…" Steppes replied as calmly as he could. "They were like...green, you know?"

"Green?!" said Devil in a surprised tone. "What are you on about, you- "

~Suddenly, he spotted them. Four minions, standing aimlessly about the main lobby. They seemed to be protecting a large steel door leading to a large chamber that was a work in progress. Devil approached them madly.~

"Hey! Minions! Why have you stopped working on the lab?! I need to research the magic over here!" he snapped.

"Oh-ho! A guest has arrived!" the first three answered. "Welcome, good sir, to the Adagio Theatre! We will shortly be beginning production, but in the meantime, enjoy our refreshments and entertainment here in two bars aside from you!"

"Bars!" the fourth added after.

"Uhh, Guest? Adagio Theatre!? Refreshments!? Is this some kind of joke?!" Devil shouted angrily. "This is my castle!"

"Please wait in the lobby here! The show will soon start!" They choursed.

"Start!" the fourth added.

The doctor's patience was trying. "HEY! IDIOTS! You KNOW me! Knock it off!"

~Devil clenched his fists and punched the two minions in front in the face in a fit of rage, trying to snap them out of this idiotic behaviour trance they were under. But it did nothing. Not even a blink. Unphased by the sudden blow, the minions stood back up again and straightened their backs.~

They repeated the phrase: "Please wait in the lobby here! The show will soon start!"

"Start!"

Devil clenched his fists harder. "NNNGRRRRARGH! STOP SAYING THAT!"

~The doctor thought it was annoying and punched the two minions in the face again, quite a bit more harder than last time.~

"Please wait in the lobby here! The show will soon start!"

"Start!"

"Oh-for-the-love-of- OLLIEE!" Devil called. He waited for a moment, but nobody came. "Hey, what the heck is Olliee?"

"He's gone, dad," Lairry answered as he appeared from the corner. "Remember, you sent him off to get Frank and Wendy. Maybe I can help, instead. What seems to be the problem?"

"The minions are broken!"

"Please wait in the lobby here! The show will soon start!"

"Start!"

Lairry took a closer look before a glimpse of glowing green flashed in the minions' pupils. He gasped. "Oh, boy. That is troubling. I don't think they will listen to you, dad. That Adagio girl must've done it. She controls them now. They've been brainwashed." Lairry explained.

Devil couldn't hold back. "Great. Not only did this girl storm into my castle, fail to find the other six 'Rainbrats', but now, she's all up in my minions too!"

"Please wait in the lobby here! The show will soon start!"

"Start!"

"I did tell you not to trust her, now look where it's gotten us." Lairry grumbled under his breath. He suddenly noticed Devil's glare. "B-but! For now, I think we ought to focus on our main problem. Have a look around and find minions that aren't in her control." he suggested.

"This must be what that vision warned me about… It's a message!" hissed Devil. "That mermaid, seawitch, siren girl is going against my orders, and she's gonna pay!"

"A vision? Well, if that's how you think, dad, she must be planning something that we don't know about…" Lairry guessed. "Some sort of show…and we should wait for this show to start."

Devil paused and grinned. "And the only way to stop it is to make it ours! If she's gonna double cross me, then we'll just double cross her back, and keep the magic and theirs all to ourselves!" he gave a laugh. "Huh! I guess it's nice to know that she's gonna double cross me!"

"But will she win?" Lairry asked cautiously.

"What? No, of course not, Lairry, you idiot! We will! You never see the negativity in those who are against us, do ya?" he sighed. "Just round up all the remaining minions you can find and prepare them for an attack on the three Dazzlings!"

"Yes, dad, sir…"

~With that, he scampered off and back through the hallway they came from.~


~It took the boy very little time to find some minions that weren't under Adagio's spell. He informed them to keep a low profile, and stay away from Adagio at any costs. They reluctantly obeyed his command, right after they gave him a kick like a bunch of bullies because of his image. He gave a rightful groan before straightening out his glasses and continuing on angrily. He heard the sound of a girl's voice.~

"Laiiiiiirry…!"

~Lairry, his face full of confusion, turned across to where it came from. There, standing in front of the bedrooms, with her face twisted in worry, was Sonata Dusk of the Dazzlings. Her eyes settled on Lairry.~

"Sonata? What's wrong?" asked Lairry.

"I…er, I got lost, I got lost in this castle." she groaned.

"How? We have maps."

"I lost that, too." she gasped. "And I thought…maybe, you could help?"

"Really? Me?"

"Hmm-mmm. Please, please, please?" Sonata begged.

Lairry seemed particularly moved by the former siren's plight. It was as if all the trust he did not have for her just faded. "Um, okay, I guess. Where are you trying to get to?"

"Oh, I don't know!" Sonata said with a shrug and a smile.

Lairry squinted uneasily. "You don't?"

"Nope!"

"Then, how do I…?"

"Just take me for a walk, and I'll say where I need to get to!" Sonata interrupted. "And in the meantime, tell me, how long have you been doing all this for?" Her eyes were soft as she looked at him.

"Oh, for about…ten years," Lairry answered. "My dad is very resilient about taking over the world. And how he's yearning revenge on Lightning Star and Karly Crystal. Especially Star."

"For realsies?"

"Yeah. It's a long story…you see ten years ago…"


~Meanwhile, back in the castle dungeons, Steven and Twilight spoke long during the time. Twilight had just finished explaining what had happened after she attempted to escape to Steven, and he was at a lost.~

"So, that's what happened, is it?" he began.

"Yes," said Twilight. "And I can't help but feel that Adagio is responsible for it."

"Hmm… That is rather concerning. If Adagio is planning something behind Devil's back, it must be something big. Something that's probably more than we will ever anticipate. I just hope girls get here soon. Lightning is a courageous, spontaneous girl that will stop at nothing to prevent evil, and Karly, my niece… Well, she is the opposite. But while she lacks confidence, strength and skill, she is a wise one, and I know that she will help no matter what."

"Oh, yes," said Twilight with feeling. "I feel the same way towards my friends. They also have never failed me. We have been through a lot, but we never gave up, or on each other. We always believed in ourselves. And one time, when I let a lot of magic get to me and I became a monster, Sunset Shimmer and the others stopped me and taught me the magic of friendship."

"Wait...when I chatted with Celestia, she said you were the one who taught Sunset Shimmer about friendship." Steven stated.

"There's more to this story than we told you, Mr. Secret. I'm sorry."

"I see… But, I understand completely as to why you hid it from me. I guess it's not easy to tell anyone that you have magical, supernatural abilities!" Steven chuckled.

"No. It's not." said Twilight, who also chuckled.

Suddenly, the principal gave a thought. "You know… you and your friends could actually be really good secret agents. We are looking for new members!"

Twilight felt herself rise from perplexity. "U-us? As agents? Oh, I don't know. Fluttershy I don't see being a type of secret agent… Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie, perhaps, and would easily accept, but Sunset Shimmer, Rarity and myself…"

"I know that you have what it takes, Twilight." Steven explained. "I wasn't aware of this back then, but after Celestia and I gave you the task of rescuing my students, you did not back down. I didn't know you had magic, yet you continued. You don't have to know everything, and I don't expect you to, but with my help, Lightning and Karly's, and even your own girls, you can do anything with the power of a spy. However, the choice is up to you and your friends."

Twilight thought about the offer and hummed. "Hmm..."


~During that discussion, some construction took place in the boarded off chamber, owned by the large steel door at the lobby. It was the grandest of all the chambers that lived in the castle. Adagio Dazzle was pleased with the distraction of Olliee and Lairry. At least that was some problem dealt with and the boys would not be seeing any secret plans unfolded. She also liked the minions' hard work. It was all going well, as well as according to plan. In a relaxed state of mind, she strode around the chamber, took to the stage and motioned the minions to carry on.~

"That's it, my dearies." Adagio grinned. "Do not stop until my theatre is complete!"

~Saying not a word, and with deft movements, the minions nodded at her command. Adagio rose and with a swirl of her body, she stepped into the centre.~

"After we put on our final show and attract the Rainbooms here, their power is as good as mine." she said to herself. "And using it, I will make everyone in these pathetic two worlds adore us. Just as I intended to from the start."

The minions spoke altogether: "Revenge shall also be yours, O' Master Adagio! And once all of this is done, we will prepare!"

With that, Adagio returned to his gaze. "Splendid! Make sure you know how to cheer."

~Then, before the bemused onlookers, her pendant flared a long red light. Imaginative vocals began to harmonise. The spotlights flickered in rhythm and the minions swayed to the beat, totally entranced by the magical autotunes. Tapping her foot and swaying in rhythm too, Adagio gazed up at the empty seats, pretended that there was an audience, and began to sing.~

~Song: Get those Girls- (Original song)~

Adagio: Since the beginning…

of banishment in time…

The Dazzlings have done a hideous crime.

We tried to keep it in, but the Rainbooms broke it with a swing!

Now we are back...to exact our revenge, and those other girls will not avenge!

Minions! Get those Girls!

Swipe their magic and give it to us!

Minions! Get those Girls!

Don't make a sound, argument or fuss!

Bring them to me!

Tear it apart!

And make sure it is gone!

I will be adored...once again,

This memory...has never left my brain.

C.H.S wasn't enough,

Two worlds...will be tough!

Devil...is not my problem, his minions will make me solemn!

Minions! Get those Girls!

Swipe their magic and give it to us! Minions! Get those Girls!

Do not make a sound, an argument or a fuss!

Bring them to me!

Tear it apart!

And make sure it is gone…!

Get those Girls!

~As the whole room flashed to darkness, green smoke and Adagio's eyes illuminated the room. After the song had completely fallen, Adagio and six other brainwashed minions continued on building. On her face was a thin-lipped smile, and soon enough, evil laughter overwhelmed her.~