• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 807 Views, 2 Comments

The Origins (#1) - LightningStar626



After dusting out a few pieces of equipment in an old closet at Canterlot High school, Pinkie and Fluttershy discover a mysterious book that unlocked another portal by the statue to a THIRD world!

  • ...
 2
 807

Chapter 10: Triple Threat etc

Chapter 10: Triple Threat etc.

"Hmm…is it this way, or this way?"

~Karly Crystal took charge of the map as they were about halfway there on their accordingly directions. Unfortunately, everything looked the same so she was unsure if she was leading herself and her friends in the right direction, or just going around in circles. But she was determined not to stop. She knew roughly where they were going and from time to time. They heard voices from ahead and stopped to listen, but it was only students languishing in the cells. They were saying nothing of interest so they moved on. Then, suddenly at last, they heard none other than Steven Secret. He sounded weak, desperate, completely unlike his normal self, and that shocked Karly badly.~

"GAHHHHHH!" they all heard him shrill next.

"UNCLE STEVEN!" cried Karly.

~She took off in the direction of his shriek at once, shouting his name. Her heart was thumping hard, because she felt the coldness, and brutality in the shriek as it echoed in her brain. What if something terrible happened to him just now? Sadly, she never made it. Once around the last corner, who but to step in Karly's way, were none other than the Triplets; Frank, Mertin and Benjamin. Scoot, Wendy and Charlies were there too. Karly held herself still until Lightning and the six Rainbooms showed up behind her. Devil's children looked up their startled faces, nearly evilly, then they grinned.~

"Well, this is a surprise." Frank's words came out smoothly. "It's Lightning Star and her band of misfits!"

"What are they doing here?" Scoot asked in shock.

"I don't know, but I'm sure as heck disappointed. Maybe a mole wasn't as vicious as I thought it would be to take down a bunch of teens."

"You put him and us in so much danger," exclaimed Fluttershy with a hint of burning anger. "Someone could have been hurt!"

"That was the point, doll face." Frank said. "We couldn't have had you running in our father's territory!"

"Well, I'm afraid that plan's now been nullified." Wendy said. "Nobody ever listens to us and stays in the city like good citizens they are. I guess we'll just have to take care of this ourselves."

"You mean fight?" Sunset questioned, eyes widened. At that, all the Rainbooms backed down.

Benjamin grinned smugly. "Of course! Why? You scared? You should be. If you six can't put up much of a fight, this'll make things sooo much easier for us! And finally, too! I was beginning to feel bored and…"

"They've already made it this far, so I wouldn't put it past that, Benjamin." Charlies spoke up. "Maybe we shouldn't…"

"Don't be such a coward, Char! We can take them! Sure, they have gotten far, but this is as far as they'll get!" Frank clenched his fists until his knuckles whitened. "Alright, Star! Crystal! Let's see what you and your new friends can do!"

~Thus a battle was underway! In a dazzling moment, Lightning shifted in anger and hurtled her raccoon tail, and it crashed hard into Frank's face. He screamed and flung himself backwards into Wendy. Nobody else didn't hesitate. But then, the Triplets and their siblings ran out as fast as they could, flying past the girls. They darted through the corridors like nimble fish, making their way towards the cavern terrain where Lightning, Karly and the Rainbooms came from. Just as they reached it, there was a dull explosion from behind that shook the ground. Pinkie Pie tried to get them with her sprinkles. She and Rainbow Dash were vividly excited for this fight while everyone else tried to stay cool. Following them quickly, they also emerged from the corridors, back where they started, now having a bigger area for the real fight to commence. Frank uttered orders, and they charged in strong. Dividing into groups, they decided to take onto two each. First up was Rainbow and Fluttershy.~

"I'll take the one on the left, you take the one on the right. Okay, Fluttershy?" whispered Rainbow.

~But her shy friend was distracted. She looked all round, catching her panic, and then saw them at the same time as she did: Benjamin and Mertin running at them, one from each side. Rainbow Dash urged Fluttershy away as quickly as possible. Frank uttered a harsh cry and launched himself like a leopard at the closer girl, being Rarity, bowling her backwards so that she tangled with Wendy's legs. The girl cursed and dodged aside, and Rarity darted past her towards the open spaces. What they must not do, the girls, is get boxed into a corner.~

Lightning, who was still a raccoon, swooped at her and cried, "Left! Left!"

~The fashionista's chest was nearly bursting with shock. But, quickly twisting to the left side, she barely dodged the fist coming at her. Then snarling, slashing and crushing, Frank came about her like a bear. Instantly, Rarity brought up her hands, and a diamond shield came between them. Frank hit that instead of her with all his might. It was like punching a steel brick, as a painful crunch came right after Frank's hand made contact with the diamond. He held back a tear and scrunched up his mouth so as not to yell in pain. That was Lightning's chance. She bounded past Rarity almost in a blur and crashed into Frank, rolling both him and her away. Then, she stopped, and whirled around, with athletic power, and struck two massive blows, one to each side, at Mertin and Wendy as they were just coming in close to her. Pinkie Pie sprinkled her confectionery onto the ground, below the Charlies' feet. Then, came another pink explosion, loud and colourful. The blast knocked the boy over, and a cry of exclamation, fear and pain filled the air. Benjamin saw this and vowed to get revenge. With that, he focused on the lovable pink candy floss girl. But Rainbow Dash intervened. Then, with a blur of rainbow lightning, both teens moved at the same moment. Their hands collided and Rainbow Dash felt her knuckles being crushed under Benjamin's. He was a strong young lad, as were his brothers. Looking at their body proportions, Rainbow Dash guessed they go to the gym at least twice a week to strengthen themselves up. Suppose that they wanted to make their dad proud. Suddenly, her hands began to hurt but Rainbow could not escape, as he had a tight grip. So Fluttershy stepped in, and gave him a light shove that distracted him. That gave Rainbow the opening she needed, as Benjamin's hands loosened from hers and she could slip out and tackle him like a rugby player. They both fell aside, but Rainbow was the first to rise. She twisted up with a lithe spring and grappled with Benjamin. Then, with some sudden powerful force, she performed a spinning motion with her super speed, knocking Benjamin off his feet and skidding himself across to where Frank and Wendy were standing up, only to knock them down again, and the wind inside them. Frank's hand smacked Wendy's eye. Even Fluttershy felt her own breath being knocked out of her by the force of that crashing fall. It was painful to watch.~

Wendy shouted a long, terrible scream of pain. "OWW! You idiot!" she elbowed her brother straight into the side of his gut.

"Oww! Well, you were not so smart yourself!"

"How was I supposed to know they have superpowers?!"

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT TOO?!"

~They eyed their brother, Scoot, facing Applejack and Karly Crystal. The three were engaged in some sort of desperate throwing and dodging fist fight. But, every time Scoot tried to throw a punch, Karly would just counter it with one of her vortex portals and make his hand phase through it, and make him punch himself, as his fist would appear out of another portal that was conjured up beside or behind him. Karly was circling him, as he tried all he could, but all the results just ended up with him punching himself in the face. Pinkie Pie laughed at it every time, muttering repeatedly under her breath: 'Why are you hitting yourself?' 'Why are you hitting yourself?' He was getting angrier and angrier by the minute, and Karly was no different. Trying to hold back her anger, she spoke quietly in a demanding tone.~

"What have you done with my uncle?"

"And our friend!?" Applejack added on.

"You mean Mr. Secret and that purple human? We just took 'em upstairs. Right where our dad is waiting! I think it means that it's time."

"Time? For what? What are they plannin'?"

"Like I know the whole thing. None of us do!" he addressed his siblings. "You will just have to see for yourself. So, for the love of flipping god, let us win!"

~He threw a punch, but Karly blocked it, as expected. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore. Once the opportunity came by, he threw himself into one of the portals, and was transported to where Karly stood. Leaping out clumsily, he grinned, finally hoping to get in a hit. That was when Applejack moved. Like a wave that had been building its strength, and a pale orange glow in her hands, Applejack rose up against Scoot quickly, sliding upwards and punching with a ferocious left hand at the exposed jaw of the teen boy. It was a hard blow. The lower part made a sound of crunching teeth and he fell downwards on his back, defeated. The other standing boys were shocked. They didn't move an inch as Applejack's mighty bulk hurtled towards them. She lunged, and then her fists were to their faces, and they shook this way, that way. She was like a boxer. Karly trembled at the weight of the blows. It was as if a giant were swinging a sledgehammer, and that hammer was made of spiked steel. Even Lightning had noticed, and she clasped her arms so tight, it began to hurt. Her thoughts were put on hold however, as the youngest Devil, Charlies, recovered and charged at her with a small piece of scantling. He thrashed it about like a sword, trying to strike the spy girl, but she moved swiftly, especially as a raccoon. She was light on her feet all the time in that form, plus it was easy to run on all fours, which gave her many possibilities. Using one of those, she performed an overhead frontflip, and arced herself over the boy, snatching the beam right out of his hand. Landing on her knee, she then dropped it aside for Sunset to pick up and use in defense.~

"You know, I feel kinda bad beating up a bunch of kids, even if they are jerks who are trying to stop us." Sunset admitted.

Lightning assured her. "Don't. Karly and I do this all the time. Besides, they're tough little guys, training under their father's cruel manners. Aren't you? You're just a wittle baby fighter with wittle hands for punching whittle things!"

"Stop baby-talking to me!" Charlies said, scrambling and screaming all over the place.

~But she didn't. Lightning kept taunting the youngest Devil child, calling him small, unready, clueless, and other names, all while he kept swinging blows at her from right and left which Lightning kept on parrying. He was young, so she couldn't bring herself to fight back and hurt him. He didn't seem physically fit. So instead, she let him tire himself out, then, once he did, she lightly pushed him aside like a ripped up ragdoll. But it was not the end yet. With one more mighty blow, Frank lifted himself off the ground and charged at Lightning. The girl watched it coming, preparing to counter attack, only for Sunset to strike instead, and block him with the scantling Charlies used. Holding it behind her, she swung from underneath and landed it right under the exposed chin of the leading triplet. It knocked him off his feet and he wobbled around a bit before crashing back down on the floor with a loud thud. He screamed in anger.~

"OWWW! DARN ITTT! If stupid Olliee and Lairry were here, this would have been so much easier!"

~He then puffed suddenly at the feeling of Charlies falling down on him. And just like that, all the evil siblings were beaten, down, and unable to continue on. As they groaned at the injuries or at each other, they began arguing.~

"I see a bright light…"

"Oww! I think my arm is broken!"

"It's just cramp, relax..."

"Perfect!"

"Ugh! I pulled a muscle."

"I miss my mother…"

As the Rainbooms looked down upon them, Applejack spoke. "Well, that takes care of that, I guess."

"I know! And we were so awesome!" Rainbow boasted.

Lightning agreed. "I'll say! You girls got good skills," and she turned to Sunset. "especially you, Sunset, that came outta nowhere!"

"It was just a natural instinct, I didn't mean to hit him that hard." the fiery girl replied, feeling modest and sheepish.

"Oh well, he'll manage. They always do."

"So, what do we do now?" asked Fluttershy.

Lightning hummed. "Well, we just granted our fellow students' wish of taking care of the guards around the exit, so we should now tell them that- "

"The Triplets have been defeated! The minions are gone! Now's our chance! SKEDADDLE!"

~As a rumble began to shake the cavern floor, all the students, including Aclaw, Harrison and Lucky, that were kept prisoner and were forced to work into hard labour, came sprinting down the cavern's hallways and right up the stairs where their own freedom awaited. The eight heroines all dove out of the way just before they got trampled, and stared at the students' joyful faces. Harrison stopped to thank them.~

"You girls are the best! Thanks for everything!" He gave them a well-tipped salute and joined his buddies once again.

"Glad we could help!" Fluttershy waved.