• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 807 Views, 2 Comments

The Origins (#1) - LightningStar626



After dusting out a few pieces of equipment in an old closet at Canterlot High school, Pinkie and Fluttershy discover a mysterious book that unlocked another portal by the statue to a THIRD world!

  • ...
 2
 807

Chapter 2: Prepared to be Dazzled!

Chapter 2: Prepared to be Dazzled!

~On top of a smoothed out mountain side, a castle was being built. Huge and forbidding, but camouflaged enough to where you would have needed to be walking up to the structure to notice it. Inside the passageways that have been carved into the earth, the owner's minions worked thanklessly for their master. A master, and also mad doctor/scientist, who had at that very moment, was striding around in a lab coat and black jeans within his soon to be completed throne room. His name was Dr. Devil. Pronunciation: Dee-vill. Yes, He was aware of how somewhat cliche it sounded, but still, that didn't make him any less of a genuine threat, and he showed no empathy if you tried to make fun of it in front of him.~

"Olliee! What's the status of that plan of ours?" Devil asked with a grunt.

A young boy who was repeatedly tapping his pen on a clipboard stared up at the glooming face of the doctor. "Ah, yes, dad. It's-It's trucking along." he answered profoundly, going through some papers on the clipboard.

"Keep digging…"

"Yikes…" Olliee then murmured, keeping his nose in the clipboard. "Maybe not…"

"Wha- What kind of progress report is that?! Ugh, Speed it up, boy! Get it done! Chop Chop! And what about this here castle? How's that coming along?"

"The minions have successfully built the dungeons, bars, battle turrets and underground systems exactly how you want them."

"Good. What about the shark tank? I haven't heard from that yet!"

"We don't have any sharks yet, Dad." another young boy answered, coming in from the next room across over the shoddy throne.

"You think I don't know that, LAIR-RY! Do you think I'm stupid?! Do I look stupid?! No… but you sure as heck do." Devil harrumphed in annoyance and made a hard swipe at the boy. "If your sister and brothers didn't love you, you would be long gone by now… Just get back to work!"

The two boys sighed. "Yes, dad…"

"Oh, one other thing." Devil called after them quickly. "I have a hunch that Agent Star and Agent Crystal are here, and are gonna be searching for us, thinking that this sudden transport to this other world was our doing. So I need you to tell the minions to hunt them down and destroy them before they get to us!" he commanded.

"Certainly," said Olliee. "I'm...actually glad you now brought up the topic about this world, dad. Now, I'm not criticizing the matter, but don't you think it's a bit odd that you're immediately thinking straight to world domination after we just landed here? Shouldn't we be, you know, finding out how we got here in the first place? And maybe how to get back?"

The doctor gave his son a sneer. "Why would we do that?" he quired. "After being here for only ten minutes and looking around, I can tell that this world is already so much better than the one we currently live in!" He turned Olliee to the nearest opening and stared outside of it. "Just look for yourself outside this window. Have you seen the people here?"

~They eyed a passing bystander with neon green, blue and red hair being confronted by two minions with crossbows. They were prodding him with the arrows lodged inside and making threatening gestures to leave them alone.~

"They're extraordinary!" Devil went on. "I wonder if they contain special power. We must experiment on them immediately! And if they do have power, I can consume it for myself, and become the most powerful doctor in the world!"

"You make a very valid point, father." sighed Olliee. "As I'd also like to explore the sight of these people and discover what makes them unique. But... I'd still like to return to our world. It's our home. Besides, all of your lab equipment and blimp is still there."

"Pfft! No, it's not!" the doctor assured. "I had the minions enlarge my prototype blimp with my enlargement ray I carry with me at all times, and create more equipment with the resources we found here! Strangely convenient, huh?"

"I see."

"Anyways, enough wasting time! I want you to complete this castle, capture Steven Secret's students, and destroy Agent Star and Agent Crystal! Then..." Devil made a dramatic turn around. "...once all three of those things are done, we'll capture this world's citizens and begin experimentation, get their powers and invade the worlds..." he bellowed an evil laugh. "You got all that?!" he then turned around again and spat right in Olliee's face.

"Every. Word." Olliee answered, rubbing the saliva that spluttered on his cheek.

"Excellent. So get to it!"

~Olliee nodded with a smirk, then turned on his heel at once. His little brother, whose name is Lairry, followed. They reminded themselves of the various tasks their mad father asked them to do, and wrote them down on Olliee's clipboard. Lairry kept to Olliee's side as he read the tasks and adjusted his red double-bridged glasses on his eyes. He felt pretty tired once he had finished and gazed up at Olliee for support. However, he never got it. Olliee was never a cold-hearted person towards Lairry, but today, he felt like pushing him aside for the time being. It was too complicated for him to say why. Olliee just kept to his list.~

"Sheesh, would it kill him to ever say 'please' every once in a while?" whispered his brother.

"You know what father's like, Lairry." Olliee whispered back. "Best if we don't complain and just do what he says. I, for one, am very fond of what he does though. Why can't you see it?"

~Lairry stopped at the sentence. Just because he wasn't interested in what his dad and brothers are into, doesn't mean he's a burden to their lives. He always got the short end of the stick around his family, and was never apologised for it. It had been that way for the past fourteen years. Olliee put his palm over the clip, just as Lairry walked ahead of him angrily to the dark wooded door to exit. He touched the handle, but, seconds later, he felt like he should say something back at his brother before he left, since he did not want to be called a wimp for the one thousandth time. So, he opened his mouth to speak but just before he could begin his sentence, the door opened, and hit him on the point of his nose. He stumbled back, before hitting the floor in a sitting position sharply. As Lairry rubbed his point, he glared up at the faces of those who hit him accidentally. As did Olliee. However, there was no one there. For a short while. The light changed in the room suddenly; as three incomers entered, wearing diamond red pendants that glowed an evil red in the atmosphere of the boys' negativity. Olliee could not take his eyes off of them, or even say a word about them. He stared up at the faces of the pendant holders, and stifled a gasp.~

"Who are you?"

They ignored his question. Instead, they stepped over him and Lairry and began to wander. "Where are we?" one of them demanded in a sly, feminine voice. "What is this nice, forbidding, dark place?"

"A castle!" answered one of the other feminine voices behind her, this one much more bubbly sounding than the first.

The one in front gave a grumble. "I know it's a castle, Sonata! I was being sarcastic."

~She held her hand over her forehead and grumbled again. Olliee eyed them curiously. The one who spoke last seemed to him to be the obvious leader. She had luminous orange hair with brilliant yellow streaks coming down on both sides from her spiky headband. Her skin was pale yellow to match her hair, and her eyes were a pink raspberry colour. Her outfit was a mauve violet bolero with small shoulder puffs over a purple romper that stopped slightly above the thighs. On the bottom was a golden, spiky belt with a yellow gem around her waist, lavender tights with lilac triangle imprints, and dark purple knee-high boots with yellow gold spiked bands around the ankles. Her expression was sinister, yet delightful.~

~The one she called Sonata was the bubbly, carefree, air-headed one that told her that they were in a castle ever so obliviously, as she did not pick up her sarcasm at all. She had the same raspberry coloured eyes but light arctic blue hair with moderate persian blue streaks. It was tied in a long ponytail. Her skin was a nice arctic blue-ish white as well, and once again, her attire was just as fancy as her companion's. A violet red coloured bishop top that was buttoned up with arctic blue strands, folded sleeves and collar under a rose pink dress. Around her wrists were shiny purple cuffs with blue spikes. Her footwear was simple long pink socks and dark boots that went up to her knees.~

~Suddenly, and lastly, the third and final girl of the trio showed her face. The one that hadn't said a word since they stepped into the room, and just scowled at the new people around her, disgusted by their looks. She was the only one of her three that had different coloured eyes. Not raspberry, but a very unique moderate purple mulberry colour. Her hair was tied in two pigtails and was also the colour of a very moderate purple, with green aquamarine streaks coming down. Her skin was a pale light grayish fuchsia to go with it all. Her outfit seemed to be a lot more rugged than the first two. The minty green short jacket she wore was torn at the sleeves and she had dark aubergine straps around both her arms. The same strap applied to around her waist that clipped together by a silver star, and underneath her destroyed mint jacket, was just a light striped sleeveless top. And finally, her bottom half was nothing too special. Just tight violet leggings with darker shaded boots.~

Devil arose from his throne. "What the heck? How did you three get in here? I have this entire area lurking with my minions!"

"We came from behind," the third pendant holder answered. She spoke in a rather bored disposition."Where nobody was 'lurking'."

"Grrr…Those blockheads seriously need to learn what the word 'survey' means." Devil growled under his breath.

"Can you answer my question now?" Olliee suddenly butted in. "Who? Are you?"

"My name is Adagio Dazzle." Adagio answered, touching her forelocks respectfully.

"And are these other two your brats?" Devil indicated Sonata and the other unnamed one.

"Yes, they are." Adagio replied. "Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk are their names. My...idiotic sisters."

Aria Blaze took great offense. "Not me." she protested. "Just her." and she pointed at Sonata Dusk standing beside her.

"Ay, ay, ay! She said 'sisters'. As in plural. So, this means you too." said Sonata.

~The two both exchanged a dry look towards each other, then they began to swipe at each other, slapping at their hair so it'll tangle, and at their arms like little children. Adagio sighed at their fighting before turning to Devil.~

"See what I have to deal with every day?"

"I can relate, yes." nodded Devil. Suddenly his face tightened. "What-am-I-saying…? Grrr! Get out of my castle! I have a very important business to get on with and I'm not going to be having three teeangers snooping around while I'm at it!"

Adagio frowned. "Hmmph! I didn't really come here to snoop around actually." she replied shortly. "But since I'm already here, I might as well."

The doctor glared at her smug face. "Okay, brute force it is then. You leave me no choice. Minions!" Two minions barge in. "Would you kindly escort these ladies out of my castle?" Devil commanded them.

"Yes, sir."

~Before Adagio could move, the two minions surrounded her and her sisters and they began to make their move towards them. Sonata clutched onto Aria in fear, however, she just glared and desperately tried to shove her off. Adagio, however, just smiled and closed her eyes. Then, when the minions got close enough, she opened them again, and they glowed a bright red, as did the pendant around her neck. She sang, thrust her arms downwards and a glowing red soundwave emerged from her hands. The minions were thrown back once the wave made contact with them and they were skimmed across the floor. One of the men even hit Lairry's legs, causing him to fall down with them. His brother, Olliee, and father, Devil, sprang back with a start.~

"Did you see that?!" Lairry gasped. "She used magic!"

"Of course I saw it, Lairry. I'm not blind!" Devil jabbed.

"Unbelievable." Olliee gasped. "I guess that answers one of our other questions. The people here do have powers!"

"Wellll, not exactly." Sonata spoke up.

"Huh? What do you mean?" asked Lairry.

"We are not, let's say, from this world."

"Are you from ours then?" Olliee quired.

"What? No, she literally just said that we are not from here!" Aria spoke up. "Ugh, you're just as stupid as Sonata over here!"

Sonata made her face scrunch. "Hey! You're the stupid one!"

"No, you are!"

"Are not!"

"Are too!"

"Wait. You're not from this world either then?" asked Adagio.

"No! Of course not!" Devil screamed. "I don't have green skin, I don't have yellow eyes, and I certainly don't have hair that's all the colours of the freaking rainbow!"

"Where we come from, our skin colour only commonly ranges to about six. From the darkest of brown to the lightest of peach." explained Olliee.

"And we only have up to six colours of eyes too. Blue, brown, green, red, amber and grey." added Lairry.

Aria raised an eyebrow. "Seriously? Huh. Well, That's boring."

"You know what else is boring?" Devil asked rhetorically. "Listening to all of you yammering on about colours and such when there is magic that I am dying to have right in front of me! Minions! Seize those girls!"

~At his command, dozens more henchmen burst through the door. But before they could so as much as touch the three sisters, Adagio raised up her hand.~

"Wait! Wait. What if we cut you a deal?"

Devil was confounded. "A deal?"

"You seem to have a very nice variety of things here that could invade an entire universe, am I wrong?"

"Keep going…"

"It just so happens that we would like to rule this world just as much as you do. You look like you could use the help, if you don't take our magic, that is." Adagio said.

"I don't team up with strangers. Not unless they offer something to me in return, other than help me." Devil scoffed. "Pffft! But fine, I'll be generous enough to spare you. After all, I guarantee everybody here has magic!"

"I'm afraid not." Adagio went on, "All of the low lifes you see before you are merely worthless humans like yourselves. But, we do know some girls that also have magic like us."

"There are seven of them." Aria spoke up next and grinned. "They call themselves the Rainbooms."

"And they're a bunch of goody-two shoes!" Sonata huffed and folded her arms while glowering under her brows. "They spoiled our fun and plans to rule the world a long time ago!"

"Really?" said Devil.

Adagio nodded. "Really. And if you let us join your side, we can help you obtain their powers to take over these worlds. So, what do you say?"

~The leader of the trio held out her hand. Dr. Devil was still confounded, but began to think long and hard about the offer as he sat back down on his throne. He began to grin, seemingly like he would say yes. His son, Lairry, couldn't believe what he was seeing. These girls were strangers to him and his family, so he had every right to not trust and believe them. He turned to Devil, incredulously.~

"Dad, I'm not so sure about this…" he began to say.

"Quiet, Lairry!" his dad bellowed, and suddenly dealt him a blow to the back of the head. "What do you know about this? With their magic, my inventions and Olliee's knowledge, we can take out our enemies, obtain magic, and rule this and our world! It's foolproof!" It was clear that he made up his mind. "Alright, Adagio, Aria, Sonata. You three have got yourselves a deal."

~The trio walked up to the doctor and, with a bright mind ahead of him, he shook Adagio's hand greatly. A wide evil grin went all the way around the girl's face the moment she shook Devil's hand. Plans were about to be made. But before she could even begin a sentence, Devil wanted to stage a rule.~

"But, you follow my commands however, and do whatever I say! Okay!?"

"Sure. Whatever you say." Adagio replied. "Boss."

"Hmmph! Now that's more like it!" Devil said with a grin. "So, first things first. Tell me, if magic doesn't originate from here, where does it come from? How did you obtain it? And where can we find these 'Rainbooms' you speak of?"

"You better be quiet and listen up then, boss. Because we're gonna tell you a little story…"