• Published 11th Jan 2020
  • 2,875 Views, 25 Comments

Batman Restarts - TheClownPrinceofCrime



The Dark Knight finds himself in a strange colorful world filled with magical ponies while in search of one of his enemies. He must also stand against a rising combined evil in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 25
 2,875

The Prologue: Fear Survives

Author's Note:

Greetings, everyone! Here is another three-part series I’ve been planning to write which is The Dark Knight Trilogy/mlp crossover stories. I’m a huge fan of Batman just like with Transformers. Time for you all to have a fun ride with my arch-nemesis BATMAN!! If you have any ideas that relate to this story (please let your ideas be relevant to the story), let me know. Enjoy this chapter and stay tuned for the next one!

INTRO

A black shadowy cloud fills the whole sky. Suddenly, a green orb appears while surrounded by a purple flame. The orb grows larger and larger until it morphs into a bat insignia. After five seconds, it vanishes along with its dark cloud.

INTRO END

It was midnight in the ever-busy city of Gotham. Its streets were filled with police cruisers blaring with amber lights and sirens. Speaking of which, there were three of them patrolling one of the streets. Within the first cruiser sat two officers whereas the other two cruisers had also each two officers.

“Is it really necessary to bring almost the entire police department to hunt down these criminals, Loeb?” asked the young lieutenant.

“I want to make sure that these baddies do not get their filthy hands on Gotham’s innocent people anywhere!” Commissioner Loeb yelled irritatedly. “Crane will be nothing but a trapped mouse once we corner him on every side, Gordon!”

“I have no doubt about that, commissioner.” agreed Gordon. “It just seems a bit excessive to bring everyone on our side to apprehend them.”

“Yeah, and calling on your buddy Batman is not unlawfully excessive to you?!” snapped Loeb. Gordon was silent at the retort. Before Loeb could further retort, Gordon received a call on his walkie-talkie; he picked it up and listened.

”We got three suspects on our sights! All units converge on 95th Street at Gotham City Bank!” an officer alerted.

“Those criminal scum aren’t getting away this time!” Loeb growled furiously. He hit the gas pedal hard enough to increase the speed of their vehicle. Gordon readied himself as he once more had to face the wanted criminals.

“I hope Batman arrives on time for this.” Gordon whispered to himself while Loeb didn’t hear him.

AT THE GOTHAM BANK

Three thugs, armed with submachine guns, held bags of money and hid themselves behind the desks and doors within the offices of the main room. The officers that communicated with Gordon earlier loaded their service weapons while searching for the thugs they spotted earlier. They scanned the main room with flash lights. The thugs made sure to not make a sound so to not arrest any attention from their pursuers.

The officers looked everywhere although they did not search deeper within the offices they checked. “No suspects in sight yet. Check the other room!” one of them reported. They cleared the main room while still looking around to make sure if the suspects were behind them or not. Once the room was clear of the officers, the thugs emerged from their hiding spots and dashed to the side door that allowed them to exit the building with the huge bags of money they stole.

They ran to the back side of the building where their getaway van was waiting for them. Two other thugs opened the doors for their three companions, the latter entered in, closed the doors, and then drove off. The van drove far away from the police cars and went for the road where there was barely any traffic. However, none of them noticed a dark interloping firgure standing on top of a street light pole.

“Haha! We finally got away this time!” one of the thugs said.

“Plus, we got what we needed.” another thug said, pointing at the money they stole. “This amount of money could last us for months if possible. I wonder what the boss is planning this time.”

“Haven’t you heard? He said that he wanted to build a powerful device that could be utilized to take over Gotham.” the third thug informed.

“Really? That’s what this money is for? That would explain why he told us to get as much money as possible. I mean, a doomsday device? That would require a lot of time and effort.” the second thug said.

“Tell me about it! Dr. Crane really is vehemently determined to get back at Batman for humiliating him a few months ago. I don’t blame him.” the first thug added.

“I do wonder though. What type of machine does he really want to build anyway? We already tried the emitter that vaporized all the water supply filled with the fear toxin. So what now?” the third thug wondered. The other thugs thought about it as well.

After about half an hour of driving, they arrived at their secret hideout. They parked inside a small garage and exited the vehicle. They entered into an abandoned warehouse where they had their criminal operations. Once they entered into the meeting room where the rest of the thugs were gathered, they laid the bags of money on the ground right in front of their leader. But once they lifted their heads, they were shocked to see a huge device nearly fully constructed before them.

“Pleased to see that your little mission was a success, gentlemen.” Crane said, getting up from his desk where he was examining something through a microscope.

“Boss, is that the device you were speaking about?” the first thug spoke.

“Precisely, Mr. Zsasz. This is what I call a portal generator. It has the ability to summon any source of power that we would require to take over Gotham. Say for instance we were to call a creature that could spread fear and terror into the hearts of its victims. That portal generator would do exactly that. Imagine that there would be hundreds of them that could tear apart even half of Gotham; such an advantage would even overwhelm both the police...and Batman.” Dr. Crane explained.

“How would you know that it won’t malfunction? Because that could use up so much energy if it could do that.” the second thug asked.

“You think I’m not a meticulous planner? I’ve spent months on this project with much money and time required. So rest assured that this device won’t disappoint you.” Dr. Crane replied. The criminals looked at each other concerned and unsure. Then they looked back at him.

“Well, I didn’t expect you to be almost finished with that.” Zsasz spoke. “So what should we do with this then?” he asked, raising the money bags. Crane cracked a sinister smile.

“Use it to obtain the resources we need. We wouldn’t want to win this battle unarmed, now would we?” he said. “The power of fear must continue to survive especially once equipped with its thorough preparation.”

Suddenly, a loud noise was heard. They all looked around with raised guns. Crane masked himself with his trademark Scarecrow mask. “He’s here.” he said, looking up at the ceiling. The lights started to go out one by one. A small object hit the floor once half of the lights in the meeting room went dark. Scarecrow picked up the item and recognized it as a batarang. “Let’s get this party started, shall we?”.

Without warning, the dark figure jumped down from the other side of the ceiling on two thugs. He landed on them hard which caused them to be knocked unconscious. Scarecrow and his lackeys then turned on their attacker.

“Your playtime is over, Crane. Arkham Asylum is the place you’ll receive proper discipline and treatment.” the man spoke intimidatingly.

“I guess I’ll teach you my personal definition of discipline and treatment, Batman. Get him!” Scarecrow ordered.

The vigilante raised his right arm to block the blow from a metal pipe of one of the thugs; he knocked him out after he snapped the pipe out of his hand. He landed a kick on another thug and dived beneath the thugs once they started firing on him. He raised his arms where the bullets bounced off his armor. With another batarang, he swung it on his left side which then sharply turned and knocked the guns out of their hands, except Scarecrow.

“Oh no, you don’t!” Scarecrow yelled before shooting at the batarang. The bullet collided with the batarang which caused the latter to bounce off of it and struck the machine’s power button. Electricity began to spark on all of the buttons, activating the device. A portal opened up in front of them and started to suck up everything that was in the room. Everyone struggled not to be pulled in by the gravitational force.

“We’re about to get sucked in! I can’t really—ahhhhhhh!!!!” one of the thugs screamed as he was sucked in. All of the criminals were sucked into the portal with Scarecrow and Batman as the last remaining.

“Let me give you a dose of the fear that shall come!” the villain shouted as he raised his right wrist to spray the fear toxin on Batman. But Batman quickly grabbed his grappling gun and shot its hook around Scarecrow’s arm, blocking his spray. He tried to pull him away from the gravitational force, but it was too strong for him. He grunted as he pulled harder.

Unfortunately, the force shook the whole ground they were holding on to and pulled the remaining two into the portal. The portal then closed up and shattered all the windows once it loudly closed itself. Gordon and his police allies arrived at the warehouse...too late.