• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 1,118 Views, 1 Comments

Camping With The Princess - Lonely Fanboy48



When Sunset message Princess Twilight that she’s taking children to Everfree Forest, she wanted her to come but she’s babysitting Flurry Heart.

  • ...
2
 1
 1,118

Flurry And Water's Twilight Day

As the Rainbooms, Gloriosa and Timber guide all the children back to Camp Everfree, Human Twilight and Sunset Shimmer tried to find Twilight in the woods. When they see Princess Twilight, she’s sitting on the grass, in front of a pond looking at her reflection. It’s the same place Human Twilight went to when she was afraid of herself. Luckily it wasn’t the same case with her Princess counterpart.

“Twilight?” Sunset spoked.

“Yes?” Princess Twilight responded without turning her head.

“What’s the matter? Aren’t you enjoying Camp Everfree since you’re spending the weekend with us?” Human Twilight asked.

Princess Twilight didn’t bother to answer another question as she sighed while still looking at her reflection from the pond. Her two friends decide to sit by her, wondering what the issue is.

“I don’t understand.” Sunset said. “I thought you wanted to come back to this place.”

The princess slowly lifted her head up upon hearing Sunset. “Yes I did, but that’s not the reason. It’s about Flurry Heart and Water Lily. I’m thankful I took Flurry to a place she can spend time out of my castle, but I didn’t think I would get this far.”

Both Sunset and Human Twilight looked at each other from their princess friend’s confession. “Is it because it was a last minute decision?”

“And you didn’t have any idea what to do when you got here?” Human Twilight asked.

“Yes.” Princess Twilight replied. “I wanted to make Flurry happy, but at the same time, I wanted to spend time with Water Lily.” She then takes out her doll of herself as she takes a look at it. For this weekend in Everfree Forest alone, she’s able to have two things going on at once, but is unable to advance with either of her goals.

“Come on Twilight.” Human Twilight placed her hand on her counterpart. “I can guarantee there’s still a chance for you. I know I haven’t known Water Lily like you have, but I can tell she’s waiting for you to play with her.”

“And not only that,” Sunset recalled. “She’s enjoying the time she having with Flurry when I saw them during the sailing activity.”

“Okay I guess that is true.” The princess smiled. “And considering Gloriosa and Timber have everything under control, I might be able to do something tomorrow.” The three girls stand back up as Princess Twilight puts away her doll. “So are we going to have the kids go to the Crystal Cave?”

“Sorry but all the kids are heading back to their tents as it’s getting late.” Human Twilight replied.

“But I think we can do something with the cave tomorrow night.” Sunset offered.

“You mean like what you mentioned at the end of your campfire story?” Princess Twilight wondered.

“Yes, not as good as last time, but still a lot of fun.”

The Twilights and Sunset Shimmer came up with a plan on what they’re going to do for tomorrow. Not only that, they’re going to need a lot of help from her friends to make it possible.


The dawn of the second day in Camp Everfree has arrived. After Sunset told most of her friends about what they’re going to do, they all head to the Crystal Cave. Princess Twilight, Fluttershy, Gloriosa, and Timber all head to the tents to awake the kids for the early morning activities. Twilight heads inside the sapphire tent where Flurry and Water are sleeping.

“Hey Flurry, Water.” She called as the two young children awoke from slumber. “It’s gonna be a big day today.”

“Okay.” Water smiled to see Twilight again. “What are we going to do first?”

“I’ll show you after breakfast.”


After the kids had their breakfast in the cafeteria, Gloriosa, Timber, Fluttershy and Twilight took out black and white pieces of paper along with five small buckets of colored crayons on the four wooden tables.

“We understand that you want to do fun activities outside, but we'll save that for later.” Fluttershy placing the papers in the center of the tables.

“For right now, all of you will draw either complete cliparts of Camp Everfree itself or create one of your own instead.” Gloriosa stated.

“You have about thirty minutes to draw until we get to our next activity outside.” Timber finished.

With all the papers and cliparts on the four tables, the kids immediately pick out one paper while picking out the colors from the bucket. Flurry Heart tried to use a crayon with her hand but without her horn, she’s having a difficult time until Water Lily helps.

“Hey, don’t be upset.” She called which caused Flurry to look at Water. “My mother told me when I feel that way, our design would be bad.” Even if Flurry didn’t begin her drawing, she looked at her hand for a moment. Five fingers on her hands made it bizarre, not to mention creepy.

Twilight and Fluttershy continue to watch Water talking to Flurry as the princess is liking the way she’s being friendly with her. “So what are you going to do now?” Fluttershy asked.

“I think maybe I should join in so I can teach them something about drawing.” Twilight answered.

“Something about drawing? Like what?”

“You’ll see.” The Princess Of Friendship sat by Water Lily after she gave Flurry her advice. “So what are you going to draw?”

“I’m gonna draw a colorful picture of Camp Everfree with all the kids and grown ups.” Water smiled as she began drawing the first person on her paper. As the princess liked Water’s idea, Flurry also saw her aunt again.

“I think there’s something you need to know about Flurry Heart by the way.” This causes Water to stop to put her focus on Twilight. “She loves princesses like how I’m one, I think it would be sweet of you to draw her in a princess dress.”

“Okay, I’m not good at drawing bigger dresses, but I’ll try.”

As Water Lily returned back to her drawing, Twilight turned her attention to Flurry Heart. She knows she can’t be able to use her hands while drawing, she’s right behind her while picking up one crayon. She placed the crayon on Flurry’s hand as she begins drawing on the paper,

“Like what Water said, just calm down and eventually you'll make a wonderful drawing Flurry.” The princess smiled which made Flurry happy.

For the next ten minutes, Twilight and Flurry finished the drawing. Midway through, the princess knew what Flurry wanted to draw, despite the amateurish skills, she can’t wait to see Water’s face when she sees it.

“Hey Water.” Twilight poked on Water’s shoulder. “Flurry wants to show you what she drew.”

When Water Lily looked at Flurry’s paper, she saw herself along with Flurry Heart holding hands. Flurry didn’t add anything to her drawing since she’s new to this, but Water found the drawing beautiful.

“Wow, that looks really good.” Water commented while seeing Flurry’s drawing.

“Well, I mostly helped her.” Twilight replied. “But I can tell when she gets older, she’ll get better.”

This caused Flurry to shake in happiness upon hearing her aunt’s positive opinion, while her friend admires her design.


After the kids did their activity in the cafeteria, they all headed outside with more outdoor activities set up. Rock-climbing is the next activity but Twilight knows full well that both Flurry Heart and Water Lily are too young to rock-climb especially if they might be severely injured if they fall off.

Instead, Gloriosa, Timber and Fluttershy are responsible for the kids to do rock-climbing while Twilight takes Water Lily and Flurry Heart to the dock. “I know you're upset you’re not going to rock-climb with the others, but for your own safety, we should sit together while watching the lake.”

“It’s fine Twilight,” Water sitting on the bench. “Besides, I have a fear of heights.”

“A fear of heights?”

“Yes. Unlike swimming underwater where you can float, flying in the air feels...scary.” She shook in fear.

“Is it because the air has more space, while the ocean has less water, when you think about it?”

Water Lily nodded from the princess’s question. This made Flurry Heart feel bad from the way her friend feels about heights. Even if she’s an alicorn in Equestria, she didn’t think other ponies from her age would go through height issues. But then she remembered she had bigger wings than everypony else.

The Princess Of Friendship then took out her phone to check on her friends back at the Crystal Cave. By the time she sent her text, Sunset texted back that they’re setting up the decorations at the moment. With only several hours remaining until tonight, they need more time to make the cave the best for Twilight’s favor. As the princess puts away her phone, she then turns her attention to Water Lily.

“Hey, don’t be afraid.” She lifted Water’s chin up. “People always have their own fears when they experience it for the first time. Flurry has a fear of bears when they're scary.”

“Is that true?” Water looking at Flurry. All that Flurry needs to do is nod since she’s not afraid to show her personal feelings to anyone.

“And if it makes you feel any better, I had fears that are...insignificant to say the least.” The princess looked to her right, remembering her issues with ladybugs in the past. “Does that make you feel better?” She turned back to Water as the kid slowly grew a smile.

“Yes and thank you.” Water said. “If only flying was like swimming without the height.”

“You might understand it more once you get older.”

After they had a private conversation, they continued to look at the lake with the sun shining over the water. For every day Everfree Forest never had a cloud in the sky, the lake itself reminds the same during seasons of Spring, Summer and Autumn, beautiful, mesmerizing and always perfect to paddle on a boat to see more instead of the view from the dock.

Flurry Heart found the view great since she never went by a lake during her times being spent at the Crystal Empire. As for Camp Everfree itself, she’s taking a liking to the activities she did along with the friends she’s been making like Water Lily. Not to mention what’s waiting for her tonight which will be the highlight of the whole weekend.