• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 613 Views, 2 Comments

The Lost Prophecy: Beginnings - Bloody



Eucadia is a dark land compared to Equestria, and our heroes must venture through.

  • ...
 2
 613

Chapter 2

Back in Eucadia Soulstudy was on the family estate practicing her magic deep in the forest, after an hour she stopped and walked over to an old log, the one her and her brother sat on just six years ago, taking out a small locket she gazed into it after opening it, She felt a tear run down her cheek but was quick to wipe it away, it was the locket Lead had given her the day he ran from home, He promised to be back by the end of the year, she gave him an extra year when he didn’t show up, and then another, but the third year she’d given up hope, he was dead, he’d of told her, sure she would understand him not telling their parents, but they’d always been close, really close…He was more of a friend than a brother. “Lead…Where in the world are you?” she asked out loud as she clutched the locket and tucked it around her neck once more and let out a hefty sigh.

“You always said late was better than never.” Soulstudy perked up hearing the voice “Huh?” She turned to expect to see one of the colts from the village, but was greeted by some knight who’s face was hidden. “Excuse me good sir, but do I know you?” She asked politely, The knight moved slightly “Wow…Has it really been that long Souls? Don’t you recognize me?” Lead steps into the light with a grin. Soulstudy’s jaw actually dropped, Lead was about to say something else but his little sister ran over and wrapped her hooves around her brother “Dear Luna Lead it’s you!” Soulstudy exclaimed with glee, Lead gently wrapped his hooves around her and hugged her back. Soul looked up to him with those eyes of hers and asked “Where have you been!? It’s been over 6 years!” Lead sighed and looked down to her “Well…” Soulstudy let go of him and sat back down on the log, he did the very same thing, and so the two began to talk, Lead telling her of his mistakes, his past, how he was an idiot for leaving, and then came up with “Souls…I know I messed up…But…I want you to come with me this time, I don’t want to leave my sister behind again, And I don’t want to stay here…We can get out of here like we always planned! Find adventure fortune and hay, maybe even the Lost Prophecy!” Lead was about to continue but Soul raised a hoof to his lips “Lead…I…I…” She quickly hugged him once more “I agree…Let’s go…Get out of here! Do what we always dreamed of doing as kids!” Lead smirked, “We will…But I think it’s fair we pay Mum, and Dad one last visit.” Soulstudy blinked “Are you CRAZY? They’ll never let me go let alone you!” Lead sighed, she was right. “Well then…Gather your things tonight and I’ll wait out here.” Lead looked to see the sun was beginning to set, Soulstudy couldn’t help but to ask “What about you? You honestly don’t plan on sleeping out here!” Lead grinned “I don’t have a choice Souls, now hurry up, run off, get going, They’ll suspect something is up.” Soulstudy huffed, although she’d never admit it, he was right, so Soulstudy brushed off her dress before returning home.

Upon arrival at home Soulstudy did a quick polite bow to her parents “Mother, Father, I feel that I shall retire to bed early tonight, I will wake myself in the morn.” With that Soulstudy headed upstairs to her room and began to pack, she’d at least leave a note for her parents, but by the time she read it, she’d be out on the road with Lead, able to practice and use her magic at will. Her heart fluttered slightly, just like Lead…Soon she’d be free!

Soulstudy woke up long before the cock crowed in the morning and quickly put on her robes, they matched her Turquoise coat almost perfectly and had a nice orange trim to them that matched her mane. She double checked her pack before leaving the note on the table downstairs and galloping towards the forest where her brother would be waiting.

“Leadith? Leadie?” Soulstudy called out quietly as she entered the woods, There was no answer but she didn’t worry, she took a few more steps in and stopped cold…She was being watched…and not by Lead. She quickly turned to see the Timberwolf step from the shadows and begin to circle around her, she was panicked but quickly gathered herself and began to weave a spell together, the wolf turned and went in for the punce, but was blasted by Soulstudy’s spell, it fell to the ground and whined, then shook itself and looked up at Soulstudy. “Sit.” Soul commanded, and the wolf obeyed, Soulstudy smiled, feeling pretty good, “Hrmm..” She weaved another spell and formed the Timberwolf into a normal wolf of the same size, The Timberwolf yelped in pain as the magic went to work changing it’s limbs, eventually the process was complete and Soul sat with the wolf. “Good boy.”

Leadith was surprised to come back to find Soulstudy petting a wolf “Did you tame that thing?” Lead asked walking over, Soul giggled “I guess you could say that.” Lead rolled his eyes “Well let’s get going, it’s a two hour journey to the city of Marrock.” Soul beamed and got up as herself and her furry companion followed Lead, the journey had begun and so far…It wasn’t all that bad.

About an hour into the journey Soul piped up “Lead…What exactly are we going to do in Marrock?” Lead looked down to her as they walked “I’m planning on looking around for anything better than this steel sword…It’s nice and all…But it’s not…Right for me…They say your sword will call to you…That it chooses you.” Soul gave a thoughtful hum “Well…Maybe we’ll find just the right thing!” Lead chuckled “Maybe Souls…Maybe.” Lead gave her a brotherly nuzzle as they continued to walk, “So what’s his name?” Lead asked looking down again and gesturing to the pony sized wolf, Soulstudy looked to her side “Hrm…What do you propose Lead?” She asked, not being the best with names. Lead pondered it over, and finally came up with “Verdel…The aincient word for fear? I think it’s fitting being as he’ll probably scare everypony along the way.” Soul blinked “Hrm…How’s that sound, you want that name?” Soul said to the wolf, who responded with a light bark and wag of his tail, Soul beamed and looked to Lead “I guess Verdel is his name then!” Lead grinned and walked with Soul and Verdel.