• Published 5th Jan 2020
  • 597 Views, 8 Comments

The missing Rainbow.. - Arial_Dreemmurr



After being invited to the rainbow festival, Rainbow Dash leaves to preform her Sonic Rainboom there. But her friends start to worry when she's away longer than expected..

  • ...
2
 8
 597

Truthfull lies..

Next day.

Everyone woke up and got out of their beds.

"That wasn't the best night but I've had worse.." Rarity said while brushing her mane in shape.

Fluttershy but the covors of the bed back in place. "It wasn't like I'm used to but it was fine."

Pinkie Pie was hopping by the door waiting for the others to be ready. "It was ok. Now can we go find Dashie??"

Apple Jack nodded to Pinkie Pie. "I'm ready. Twilight?"

"We're going to Jasper again. Ask about the rainbow stuff and anywhere else she could be." Twilight explained the plan and they left the hotel. They got to his house and knocked. Again it took a while but he openned the door. "Oh you all again. Did you find your friend?"

"No.. But we just want to ask you some questions. If that's ok I mean." Twilight said and waited for a response.

After a few seconds he responded. "Uhm sure.. What about?"

"Well we-" Twilight got interupted by Pinkie Pie. "We saw a rainbow laser last night! It was all rainbowy and it made the whole town in colour again!" Twilight continued. "Yea that. We just wanted to ask what that was. Is that normal..?"

"Yea. I use it every night. It's the only way to keep the town in colour." He explained pointing at the colourfull town.

Brfore Twilight could continue Apple Jack asked. "Why does it turn grew?"

"That's because of an accident that happened a long time ago.. But we found a way to deal with it and that's all that matters."He tried to brush it off and waited for them to say something.

"Ok.. But where did the rainbow blast come from?" Twilight asked looking curious at the pipe near his house.

"I can show you if you want." Jasper said stepping next to his door for them to walk in.

Twilight nodded and smiled. "Ok."

He let them into the house and showed them a room with a machine and a pipe going outside. There was also a pipe on the other side going to the basement.

"This is it. It makes colour from magic and it makes the town in colour again for a day. When the colour fades I use it again and it's back in colour." He said as he pointed his hoof at the machine.

"colour from magic?" Rarity asked curiously. Twilight got curious now too. "Where does the magic come from?"

"It's pretty simple. You just use some magic on it." He said making his horn glow.

Twilight did her calculations in her head and spoke again. "But that doesn't make sense.."

Jasper was cut off guard by what Twilight said. "What do you mean..?"

"If a normal unicorn like you would do that your magic would be gone in just a few days." Twilight explained and continued with another question. "How long did you do this?"

After a few seconds he spoke again. "Eversince the accident.."

"You said that was a long time ago.." Apple Jack said knowing what didn't line up with what he said before.

"W-Well it's not only me.. O-Other ponies help too.." He said nervously.

After a few seconds Apple Jack spoke again with a serious look on her face. "... He's lying.. I can feel it. Where does the magic really come from?"

Jasper looked nervous but tried to defend himself. "I don't know what you're saying! I'm not lying!"

"Apple Jack has never been wrong. Just tell us the truth." Fluttershy said looking at him trying her best not to stare him down.

He looked her stare and replied. "... The source is in the basement. But I don't want you going there. It's a private place."

"What is so private there?" Rarity curiously said.

"I said no! You should leave!" He tried his best to make them leave.

"Why?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Doesn't matter! Just leave!" He tried it again but It wasn't working.

"We're not leaving until you show us what you're hiding in there!" Twilight said showing her wings and glowing her horn looking down on him. When he stayed quiet she got him in a bubble and they made their way to the basement. He tried to get out but it didn't work. "Wait stop!" They ignored him and got in the basement.