• Published 1st May 2020
  • 335 Views, 1 Comments

Doctor Whooves S1 - ChangelingProductions



The different adventures of Derpy and The Doctor starting from the day they meet each other to all their future endeavors!

  • ...
 1
 335

Ep 2: The sword of Tsik (Si-i-Ki)

One week. It had been that long since Derpy had that surreal dream. It also matched the timeframe that she's been working herself to the bone as her new boss demands. Mr. Shujin would always give an uncanny smile whenever she entered the mailroom, and Derpy would always tilt her head down when he did so. Derpy had tried looking for new jobs, but nobody would fire her due to all the hassle that she brought along.

Today, however, was different. Today was her day off, and nothing was going to ruin it. Derpy packed a basket with food and a checkered blanket before prancing out of her home with pride. Her plane was to spend this monthly event with a nice picnic in the Ponyvill park... At least that was the plan.

Derpy froze in her place. running in front of her, a brown stallion was running around in a panic, something long and wrapped in velvet cloth in his maw. It was him. The awful stallion from her dream. He turned a corner and vanished just as fast as he appeared. Derpy blinked her eyes at lightning speed to check if she was sleeping.

Derpy dropped her basket and ran towards where he vanished, following the prints left in the ground from where he ran. At their end stood one building iconic to Derpy; Sugarcube Corner. Behind Derpy, as she walked inside, the shadow of a pony followed a fair distance behind her. Ever slowly getting closer.


INTRO


The smell of pastries was complimented by the chitter-chatter of customers inside Shurgarcube Corner. Its sweet walls lined with inviting colors. It was wonderful! Over the counter, Pinkie was taking orders very quickly, and not Pinkies usual quick. She was grabbing the orders while the pony would be describing it, creating a satisfying sense of confusion to run across their faces. Derpy began to look around for where he might be before walking upstairs. Pinkie watched her go up before turning towards the door.

Into the bakery, a royal guardsman walked... but something wasn't quite right with them. Yes, they looked fairly normal with their white coat and blond hair, but that wasn't the problem. Heck, even their cutie mark depicting a clock with an infinity symbol on it wasn't what was wrong with them. Nopony could place their hooves on it as they slowly and silently walked over to Pinkie Pie, angering the ponies they cut in front of.

"May I help you?" Pinkie asked. The Guard stared at Pinkie before mouthing something. "Um... could you repeat that?" They once again No. The pony they were looking for was not in this room, but they were close. The guard could sense it.


As Derpy looked around upstairs, she finally found some sort of possible clue. It wasn't much, but the black liquid drops leading into the Guest Bedroom was good enough for Derpy to investigate. She didn't really think it was the pony from her dreams, but something inside of her just wanted to... check...

As she peeked into the guest room her heart skipped a beat. There was some strange looking... thing sitting on the bad. It was an odd-looking machine that was clearly thrown together ina hurry yet also planed? Derpy couldn't describe it well, but she could feel it. And working said machine was him. The Doctor. He was hooking up that clothed item from before and desperately looking for results. Derpy took a look around before entering the creek door. As she did so, the guard silently began his ascent towards the top step.

"Yes, everything is working as per usual, but that's not good!" The Doctor said, a visible scowl on his forehead. "I've tried this over three thousand two hundred and sixty-three times now and yet nothing changes! I've tried stealing the sword earlier later and even ignoring it entirely yet nothing changes... Today I even tried taking a short cut yet the loop remains the same..." Yep, it was him.

Derpy instantly realized how bad an idea this was and turned towards the door... then she bumped into a flower vase, loudly shattering it on the ground. The Doctor turned his ears and looked behind him, shocked to see her.

"What?!" he said sharply. Taking a step back. Derpy didn't know what to say as a thousand thoughts lead to a thousand questions in her head. All that came out was slight mumbling.

"Who the dickens are you?! You're not supposed to be here!!" This lack of recognition in his voice was enough to snap Derpy out of her trance.

"What do you mean 'who the dickens are you', it's me! Derpy?! You called me Ditzy?" The Doctor just stared.

"What?"

"You were in my dream? You said your name was 'Doctor', but you never told me your last name. Remember?"

"WHAT?! How do you know my name?! You shouldn't be here-" His face lite up. "You're new... YOU ARE NEW!" He rushed over and squeezed the life out of Derpy with a big toothy grin. "I don't know what caused you but thank - He's here."

Suddenly, a cold feeling washed over Derpy as The Doctor backed off her. Turning around, she noticed the Guard standing in the open doorway.

"Gah! Dear Celestia, I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come in... or open the door..." Derpy said. He began to walk in without a sound. "Wow, you're... the quiet type huh?"

"It's not a pony." The Doctor said blankly as he backed towards the window, the clothed object from earlier resting on his back.

"What? What do you mean?" Derpy asked, watching the Guard walk towards The Doctor.

"Do two things for me; Take a good listen to this room and think of what sounds you hear, then tell me, is it a mare or a stallion?" The Doctor began to use one of his hind hooves to open the window behind him.

"What? What does that-" That's when it clicked. They walked over the glass that shattered near the door, yet there was no sound. They opened the door, yet there was no creek. They were right behind them yet they made no breathing sounds. Then, as Derpy focused on its face, she began to notice just how vaguely it only looked pony like in enough arias to not stand out in any way, yet if you looked just right there were no true discernable features.

"WHAT THE-" Derpy yelled as The Doctor jumped out the window. The guard stood still for a second before following out the same way only quieter. Derpy looked over at the abandoned machine before walking out of the room... Only to run back in and fly out the window.

Checking upstairs, Pinkie looked around for where everypony went. She checked the Cakes room, Baby's room, and the guest room. She started at the machine for a minute before closing the door. She even tried the weird-looking door that appeared at the end of the hall where the window used to be but found it locked. She shrugged and walked off, deciding everything must have been fine.


Derpy flew over The Doctor and the Guard at a safe distance. She just wanted to watch and had to hold back in helping him, as she didn't feel safe. Yet, as the guard crept up to The Doctor, her fear slowly turned to a need to intervene. Even so, she was able to hold onto that need, until The Doctor was tackled.

"No, Not again!" The Guard whispered something in his ear, and The Doctor went still. It grabbed the clothed object to reveal it as a sword. As it swung down, Derpy lost control and flew in his direction and in front of The Brown Pony.


Derpy awoke in a cold sweat from the strange nightmare and hyperventilated.

One week. It had been that long since Derpy had that surreal dream. It also matched the timeframe that she's been working herself to the bone as her new boss demands. Mr. Shujin would always give an uncanny smile whenever she entered the mailroom, and Derpy would always tilt her head down when he did so. Derpy had tried looking for new jobs, but nobody would fire her due to all the hassle that she brought along.

Today, however, was different. Today was her day off, and nothing was going to ruin it. Derpy packed a basket with food and a checkered blanket before prancing out of her home with pride. Her plane was to spend this monthly event with a nice picnic in the Ponyvill park... At least that was the plan.

Derpy froze in her place. running in front of her, a brown stallion was running around in a panic, something long and wrapped in velvet cloth in his maw. It was him. The awful stallion from her dream. He turned a corner and vanished just as fast as he appeared. Derpy blinked her eyes at lightning speed to check if she was sleeping. This... happened already, didn't it? She cautiously walked to Shugarcube Corner and went inside. Turning around, she noticed the Guard and went cold.


"Somethings... Different..." The Doctor said, starting at his readings. "It says here the loop has been... looped! That means my loop curse has been passed on... but to who..?"

"DOCTOR! HE'S HERE!" Derpy said as she burst into the room.

"What?!" He said.

"I'll make this quick; My name's Derpy, I've been looping for three weeks now, and I need your help!" She said, barracking the door. She could hear it. The Guard was still quiet, yet she could comprehend it sounds now. It was coming. "please, you have to help me! What can I do?!" The Doctor stared for a second before giving his response.

"What?!"

Derpy began to cry. She didn't have the will to go on. She had heard The Doctor tell her how long he was in his loop, yet now she would be traped in her own. He never helped before, so what would change now-

"Stop crying and get behind me." The Doctor said coldly. Derpy shot her head up soaked in tears and stared. "DOn't make me repeat myself. Stand behind me and hold this." He handed her an odd-looking key. Derpy obeyed and walked behind him.

The Guard entered the room with a creek only Derpy could hear.

"Hello, me again. I see the targets switched off to sompony else." The Guard walked towards Derpy without a word. "So, I'm guessing you won't bother with me right? You'll whisper in her ear, she'll go into shock from hearing the spell, yet she'll be unable to say a thing..." It still walks towards Derpy but kept its ears towards The Doctor. "You mad here cry, and I don't like seeing grown adults cry so I'll ask you once; Please give up, as now that I'm not in your loop Tsik, I can kill you." It chuckled, but only Derpy could hear it. However, The Doctor did not require sound to understand the meaning of its expression and movements. "Okay then... you can have your sword back, but it may take a minute." Before anything could happen, The Doctor picked up the clothed sword and threw it out the window. It screeched but only Derpy covered her ears before it jumped out the window. As it did so, The Doctor grabbed Derpy and gave her one word of advice; "Run."


Derpy flew above The Doctor as they ran from Shurgarcube Corner. It didn't take long for Tsik to catch up, but The Doctor kept a confident and focused look on his face. Derpy, however, began to lose her confidence the longer they ran.

"There, go there!" The Doctor yelled.

"What?! Where are we going?!" Derpy screamed.

"I'm going in that Blue Box over there, you're waiting outside!"

"Why?!"

"You can't go in with me right now!"

The Doctor ran inside the blue box and Derpy tried to follow behind, but a sudden surge of energy slammed her to the ground.

"See! The TARDIS won't let you in due to the time loop! Give me a second, I need you to distract it before I can do anything!"

"WHAT IN TARDERUS IS A TARDIS?!" Derpy yelled.

"Trust me; just keep him in one spot for a second!" And with that, he slammed his doors shut.

The Guard was walking now but at a brisk enough pass as to keep himself from being in one spot for too long. Derpy looked at him, trying to think of her next move. She wanted to run away, she wanted to give up, but she knew it didn't matter. If they caught her, everything would just loop again, it was nothing more then a sick game. She had to do something, and there was no true risk of trusting The Doctor besides the pain of being sliced in half. She just needed to keep him still for a second. Without much thought, Depry attempted to tackle the Guard. In retaliation, the Guard turned the tables and tackled her. He took a second to scuffed at the foolish attempt at hurting him and leaned down into her ears. Derpy shut her eyes tight.

"By the god of chaos, I tell you a cursed truth, so that you shall lose all ability to move; The Doctor took my sword because of- AGAHAAAAFGGHAAAAHA"

Derpy opened one eye and screamed; The Guard was dissolving to dust. Derpy backed up whilst on he back and watched it die, layer by layer. After a moment, she heard The Doctor speak.

"Now then, didn't expect full-on death when transporting the TARDIS atop of you two but ya get what ya get ey?" Looking behind her, The Doctor had a smug look on his face as he leaned over what looked like... a series of buttons on a hexagon-shaped table with a giant glass tube in the middle. She didn't know how it happened, but she was in some sort of dome-shaped orange-tinted room.

In the end, The Doctor, Derpy, and an ever silent pile of dust where all that remains.

"Thank you! I could never get into the TARDIS to land it on them due to the time loop locking me out as it locked you out, but thanks you passing on the loop to yourself, it was a pinch! Sorry for however long you said it took me to do this, but in all fairness, you most likely popped out of nowhere and made me too confused to work so it's not REALY my fault... I think... I'll have to look into that. You can leave now by the way just take the white doors." The Doctor pointed a hoof towards the TARDIS doors. Derpy quietly walked over to them, still in shock, and stared. As she opened them, she noticed the outside was... it was almost exactly where she was moments ago. Turning around, her eyes widened at the blue box with its doors still open. She rushed around it to check its size before running back inside.

"What... What magic is that?!" Derpy yelled as the doors shut themselves. The Doctor looked up in shock at her presents.

"Wait, why did you walk back in?!" The Doctor yelled as everything began to shake. The TARDIS was on the move