• Published 19th Dec 2019
  • 853 Views, 4 Comments

Not Our Sunset II: Equestria - YellowHornBrony



Sunset Shimmer returns to her home world of Equestria where she learns she can never see her friends again.

  • ...
 4
 853

Argument

“See you girls soon!” Those were the last words I spoke to them. To my best friends. But I wouldn't see them soon. I would never see them again. I was home, but it didn’t feel right. It could never be the same without the girls. I just wish I could go back, but I couldn’t. Nothing else would make me happy. Not even Twilight could cheer me up, no matter how much she tried. She would try to decorate my room with different items, usually ranging anywhere from photos to an old guitar that most likely hasn’t been played in years. I had tried to tune it once or twice, but never found the energy to get it done. Twilight tried to get me to play a few songs for her, but I was too lazy. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t be happy. This only drove Twilight further and further, until we got to where we are today.

“Sunset…” she smiled, “You can’t just sit in your room all day! C’mon, it’s my first day off in months, and I wanted to spend some time with you!”

“I don’t know, Twilight,” I responded, “I’m not really feeling up to it. Maybe later?”

She sighed and replied, “I didn’t want to have to do this, but…”

A bright flash of magic lit up the room, and within an instant, we traversed all the way across the castle to the main dining hall. The room was pretty basic, mostly white with a few curtains bearing Equestria’s flag. Even the table itself was simple. It was plain white with six chairs on each side and one at the head of the table. The only thing out of place was a tapestry behind the main chair. It was a painting of Twilight and her friends. But even that wasn’t too out of place. It was all just proof of how much more boring this world was to me.

“Great, now I have to walk back to my bedroom,” I dropped my head, “Well, I guess I could use the exercise.”

“No!” Twilight grabbed me with her magic, “For Celestia’s sake, Sunset! Can’t you sit down and have a normal bucking conversation without running off to your room! I’m so bucking sick of it! All you do is whine and complain!”

“Fine,” I sat down at the table, “Speak with me. Have a conversation with me. What do you wanna talk about? Politics? Money? The portal? The girls? Or how about the fact that you aren’t too much different. All you ever do, when we do talk, is whine about your fucking job, which, may I remind you, is the easiest fucking job in the world! So I’m sorry miss pretty pretty princess bitch!”

“Well I’m sorry I’m constantly taking care of an entire country or babysitting a grown adult!” She shot back. A bitter taste began to arise within my mouth. It taste like a desert, but brought the warmth of fire.It felt like a burning passion, ready to scream out to the world, and burn it all to the ground. It was a sensation I knew all too well. A sensation so powerful it took me away from my home and towards a land of unknown creatures and unknown technologies.

“Well I’m sorry I just lost my best friends and all you ever do is seem to fucking pretend like you don’t care about them!” I yelled. She was taken aback. Had I gone too far? Not that it mattered. We were already here, so I might as well finish it.

“Well maybe if you’d get off your fat flank you could help me fix the bucking portal!” Her eyes began to ignite, “All you ever do is whine and complain! But you never do! If you had tried to bucking help me, maybe we could have fixed the portal by now! But no, all you care about is whining about an easy problem!”

“Ok Sparkle,” I chuckled, “Then tell me, how do we fix it? What makes it so easy? Tell me, how do we fix it? Can’t you see that not all problems are fixable? So what makes you think we can fix this one?”

She remained silent, which was expected. She could never find an answer, as there was none. Nothing to get my friends back, and nothing to bring my happiness back. Of course, she didn’t realize that. She never would. She lived in a perfect world where she could always be happy. A world without clouds or rain. A world that isn’t real.

“I’m heading back to my room,” I told her, “If you need me, don’t.”

I could hear the sobs as I left the room, but I wouldn’t let them bother me. I still think she got what she deserved. She needed to be taken down a peg or two. But somebody didn’t agree. This somebody was a dragon by the name of Spike. He was basically Twilight’s illegitimate child, though she treated him more as a brother. It never made sense to me, but I accepted it.

“Did you really have to make her cry?” Spike stepped in front of me.

“Yeah, I did, so what?” I approached him, power with every step.

“Well,” He said, “You haven’t acted like this since the Fall For-”

“Don’t you dare!” I stomped closer, “Or I’ll wring out that little neck of yours, got it, dragon boy?”

“Y-Yes ma’am!” He flew off, presumably to his bedroom or by Twilight’s side. She was probably fine, and didn’t need help. She was just a big crybaby who, somehow, took charge of the greatest nation of all. Still, I felt sorry for her, as if I was in the wrong. But that was just another problem in the life of Sunset Shimmer, ex-pupil of Princess Celestia. Hm, maybe that wasn’t such a bad idea. Time for a trip to Silver Shores nearby retirement home, Silver Shoals. I'm coming, mother dearest.

Author's Note:

Yay, it's finally out. Now I can go back in my hole and only open this site to read extensive amounts of fanfiction while crying my eyes out.