• Published 14th Dec 2019
  • 1,137 Views, 13 Comments

Equestria Creatures - PonyPixel



Sandbar, Ocellus, and Silverstream are acting weird after dipping into some red slime. The thing is, they're not the same ones Gallus, Smolder, or Yona know.

  • ...
0
 13
 1,137

Make a Switch

Author's Note:

Okay to help tell the difference of the student six from the show and Equestria Girls, I’m going to label the ones from Equestria Girls (EqG). Just like Spike. If you can think of a better way, let me know, please.

Back in Ponyville, Smolder, Yona, and Gallus led the doublegangers of their friends back to the school of friendship. “Ponies really built this?” Sandbar (EqG) asked.

“That’s what they can do with magic,” Gallus replied.

“Magic?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty common around here,” Smolder said.

“What kind of magic can you do?” Silverstream (EqG) asked.

“That’s probably not important right now,” Sandbar said. “We need to find out how to get home.”

“And get the friends we know back,” Gallus added.

Ocellus (EqG) was resting on Yona’s back while she napped and purred. “Why Ocellus act like cat?” Yona asked.

“That’s because she is one,” Silverstream (EqG) replied. “Ocellus is a weird name for a cat anyway.”

“She’s actually a changeling,” Smolder noted.

“What do they do?”

“They can change their shape into whatever they want. Why would she just be a cat?”

“I don’t know,” Sandbar (EqG) admitted. “I could show you what I used to look like on my phone.”

The griffon, dragon, and yak looked at each other in confusion. “A what?” they asked.

“It’s in my bag... s.” The colt tried to reach into one of his bags and search around until he pulled out what he was looking for.

“A rectangle?” Gallus questioned.

“It does a lot more than...” He nearly dropped the smartphone which thankfully Silverstream (EqG) caught. “Thanks. Could you open it for me?”

“I can do that,” Smolder said. “How does it work?”

“Just push the button and swipe right on the screen.” The dragoness did so and could see a couple of different square images on it.

“What kind of magic is phone?” Yona asked.

“It’s powered by electricity. Tap on the one the app that says photos.” Smolder did so and could see a set of photos containing mostly humans.

“Is that what you look like?” Gallus questioned.

“A couple of us.”

“There you are,” Sunburst said. Smolder hid the phone in Sandbar’s (EqG) saddlebags before the vice principal saw it.

“Sunburst,” Gallus said. “How are you today?”

“Just fine,” the unicorn replied. “You?”

“Great,” Smolder said. “Right Silverstream.”

“R... Right,” the hippogriff replied.

“Well, I’m sure you heard about the slime in the forest and...” He paused as he saw Ocellus (EqG) messing with some window curtains. “What is she doing?”

“...Good question,” Gallus replied. He flew over to the changeling and dragged her away from the curtains.

“Yona and friends going to find pom-poms to practice,” Yona announced.

“You can do that,” Sunburst said.

“Right, girls follow Yona.” She grabbed Silverstream’s (EqG) talon and pulled her away. Smolder picked Ocellus up and followed the yak.

That just left Gallus and Sandbar (EqG). “You know, I remember this book that I had to show Sandbar,” the griffon said. “Let’s go, buddy.” He dragged the colt away before the unicorn could ask more questions.

“Okay, have fun,” Sunburst said. He walked away, a little confused from the talk.

“That was close,” Sandbar (EqG) sighed.

“No kidding,” Gallus said. “How are we suppose to get you guys back home, or even get our friends back?”

“I think I know a solution,” Smolder said. “Follow me.” She guided the group out of the school and towards the castle. “I hope they didn’t take it.”

“Take what?” Yona asked. The dragoness didn’t answer and just looked through a couple of the rooms until she looked in one and gasped.

“Yes.” She walked into the room. Her friends looked through the doorway to see her walking to a mirror with a lot of tech around it.

“A mirror?” Gallus questioned.

“It’s a special mirror.” She picked up the book that was hanging above the mirror and looked around for something to write with.

“Is this mirror also magical?” Silverstream (EqG) asked.

“Sure is,” Smolder replied. “I had a little adventure with Ember, Spike, and my brother Garble. This mirror should lead back to your world. You have a pen?”

“In my bag,” Sandbar (EqG) answered. The dragoness went through the bag, took out a pen, and started writing.

“What are you doing?” Gallus questioned.

“Sending a message to someone,” she replied. After she was done writing, she closed the book and placed it back on the shelf. Smolder then pulled a lever which turned the mirror on. It glowed pink with a spiral in it.

“Is this normal?” Yona asked, a little scared.

“Trust me, this is safe. Now, when we go through, I’m not sure what creatures you’re going to turn into.”

“But it is safe, right?” Sandbar (EqG) asked.

“Trust me, it is.” She looked on the ground and could see a collar. She took a deep breath, Smolder put the collar on and raced towards the mirror. When it looked like she would just collide with it the glass, the dragoness phased right through it.

“Smolder just vanished,” Yona commented.

“We better keep up,” Gallus said. He raced towards the portal with the other shortly following behind. One by one, they each raced through the portal.


The group tumbled out of the portal now with new bodies. They also had some new clothing too. Sandbar (EqG) and Silverstream (EqG) had the same clothes as their counterparts thought the boy didn’t have the jacket. Gallus also had a similar wardrobe to his counterpart with an additional jacket, but Yona had on a green apron dress that had a black belt around her waist and gray ugg boots.

“What creatures are friends now?” the former yak asked.

“We’re humans now,” Sandbar (EqG) informed. “Except for these two.” He and Silverstream (EqG) picked up a blue cat that looked to be Ocellus (EqG) and an orange husky.

“Smolder?” Gallus questioned.

“Yep,” the husky groaned. The boy that had been a griffon couldn’t help let out of a laugh this. “Yeah, yeah. The mighty dragon is now just a dog.”

“Smolder kind of cute now,” Yona commented.

“Look, I sent a message so someone would meet us right here. We just have to wait for her to show up.” The six wait around for a while. As they waited, Sandbar (EqG) and Silverstream (EqG) decided to help the former griffon and yak walk on two legs.

“How do you walk like this?” Gallus questioned Smolder.

“I should’ve asked you the same question the first time I came here.” After a few more minutes of waiting, the group started getting impatient.

“Yeah, I don’t think she’s coming,” Sandbar (EqG) said.

“Come on,” Smolder groaned. “That was my only plan.”

“Since were you the one with plans?” Gallus asked.

“Since I’m the one who knows most about this world.”

“Aren’t we from this world,” Silverstream (EqG) asked. The husky didn’t say anything.

“Maybe I could just text Gallus where he is,” Sandbar (EqG) said.

“I’m standing right here,” Gallus stated.

“No, I mean the one in this world.” He pulled out his phone and started texting.

“Okay, question, if he gets your message then what’s he going to if you’re standing right next to him?” The boy stopped texting and sighed.

“He’s right. I think we’re going to have to walk it.”

“How far?” Yona asked.

“A few blocks. Follow me.” Sandbar (EqG) led the way with the others followed behind.

“This was supposed to be so simple,” Smolder grumbled. “Just in an out and don’t stay longer than we need to.” The husky couldn’t do anything else but just walked to get her friends back.


Back with the Sandbar from Equestria, he, Ocellus, and Silverstream arrived at a pet store. The woman and the boy stepped out of the truck and walked inside. “You really think that this is Professor Applejack?” Silverstream asked.

“I don’t see how she could catch up with us in this world,” Ocellus responded.

“Kind of like how that boy looks a little like Gallus?” Sandbar asked.

“Exactly.”

“Are you coming or not?” the boy called. “I’m not doing this by myself.” The former colt and hippogriff stepped out of the truck while carrying their cat and followed the boy and woman inside.

“Applejack,” said a voice. They could see it came from another woman that had pink hair. She looked pretty familiar.

“Sorry, Flutters,” the woman with a cowgirl hat. “We found a kitten trying to get away.” She pointed to Ocellus, who was in Silverstream’s arms.

“Aw, hi, there little one. What’s your name.” The cat didn’t say anything.

“She’s a little shy,” Silverstream stated.

“You can take her to the pet area.” The pet area was another room of the store, where some stray pets could be taken care of. Some owners also dropped off their pets when they were a bit busy elsewhere.

“Um... What do we do?” Sandbar asked.

“You can start by feeding some of the animals,” Fluttershy explained. “You and Gallus take care of the dog. Silver, can you take care of the cats?”

“Sure,” the girl who was a hippogriff replied.

Fluttershy showed them where they kept the food. The bags were pretty heavy, Gallus (EqG) and Sandbar had to work together to move one of the dog food bags.

“Who needs this much dog food?” Gallus (EqG) questioned.

“We’re almost there,” Sandbar said. He was looking behind him until he looked at something the corner. On one of the dog beds, was a husky that had orange fur, cream-colored ears, and a purple tip on its tail that matched a patch of the fur on its head. It reminded him of a friendly dragon.

“Set it down.”

“Huh?”

“Set the bag down.” Sandbar panicked and just let go of the bag, making it crash to the floor and spill open. Several pets ran up to try and grab a bite.

“Oh no,” Fluttershy gasped. She ran over to pick up some of the animals, namely the ones that shouldn't be eating dog food. “Please stop.”

Gallus (EqG) looked at Sandbar unamused. “Smooth move,” he commented.

“Sorry,” the human that was a colt apologized. “I thought I saw something.” The griffon’s counterpart just rolled his eyes and walked off to get a broom.

Silverstream set Ocellus down so she could help clean up. The cat decided to just stay out of the way but to her surprise, she could hear. “Why aren’t they not letting us eat?” questioned a girl’s voice.

“I know,” another girl agreed, “Food is food.”

The former changeling looked around to see who was talking. She looked towards a chihuahua and a pug talking with each other. How could she understand them? The two dogs weren’t the only ones talking, Ocellus hear every animal talk. After the loud slam of the falling food bag, they were freaking out. The constant loud talking was too much for her to take.

“Are you okay?” a familiar voice asked. Ocellus looked to her left to see a purple pup with green ears and belly standing beside her.

“You... Look familiar,” the former changeling uttered.

“My name is Spike. I’m a special kind of dog. I really need to keep it down in case the humans hear me.”

“Is that what those things are called?”

“You’ve never seen them before?”

“No, I’m not from around here. My friends and I fell through some slime and...” Spike covered her mouth.

“Shh.” There was a ringing bell, signaling that someone was walking to the store.

“Oh, good, more volunteers,” Fluttershy sighed. She walked back into the other room with something small and orange running past her.

The orange husky ran as fast as she could but the store door closed before she could get out. She tried scraping at it, desperately trying to get out. “Easy there,” said a young woman as she picked the husky up.

“What is... Is... Is... That d-dog doing?” asked a teenage girl with her hair in braids. She also wore a green dress and gray ugg boots.

“Not again,” Fluttershy sighed. She was given the husky from the woman with yellow and red hair. “Thanks, Sunset.”

“It’s not a problem,” Sunset Shimmer replied. “How many times has she tried to get out.”

“I lost count.” Silverstream and Sandbar were eavesdropping from the pet area and looked at the two girls that walked in with Sunset.

“That girl looks like Yona,” the former hippogriff remarked.

“I know,” Sandbar agreed. Then he noticed the other girl sitting next to the human Yona. She was a bit shorter and she had her blue hair in curls, she wore a purple ruffled blouse, a jean skirt, and cream-colored mary janes. What waved a red flag was the red chess piece image on her skirt.

“Cozy Glow?” they both questioned. This grabbed the girl’s attention, she looked to where the creatures from Equestria were, but they quickly hid before they could get spotted.

“What are you hiding from?” Gallus (EqG) asked.

“I... Thought I saw a bee,” Silverstream replied. She gave a smile, trying to stay calm.

“What happened in here?” Cozy Glow asked. She and Yona (EqG) walked in and saw the mess.

“Yeah, someone has butterfingers,” Gallus (EqG) said. He looked at Sandbar, who held his arm.


Outside, Smolder, Gallus, and Yona followed Sandbar (EqG), Silverstream (EqG), and Ocellus (EqG) towards the pet store. “Why did I have to lose my wings?” Gallus complained.

“Griffon need to stop complain,” Yona declared. She had enough of this.

“Are we almost there?” Smolder asked.

“Nearly,” Sandbar (EqG) answered.

“There it is,” Silverstream (EqG) cried. She pointed to the pet store that was just across the street. They raced to look in the window to see almost all of their counterparts there. They quickly hid before they were spotted.

“Okay, problem,” Gallus spoke.

“How friends swap without getting caught?” Yona questioned.

“I don’t know,” Smolder said. “I didn’t see my version in there.”

“I don’t think your version can talk,” Sandbar (EqG) stated.

“So maybe she could call them out of there,” Gallus gasped snapping his fingers.

“Keep talking,” Smolder requested.

Inside, the boy and girl from Equestria still didn’t know what to do. That was until they heard the door open. “Must be a customer,” Fluttershy guessed.

“I’ll get them,” Sunset said. She walked into the other room, but no one was there. “Hello?”

“Over here,” called a voice. The woman was confused until she walked over to where she heard the voice. She could see Smolder hiding behind a counter. “Weren’t you just...”

“I need your help,” the husky interrupted.

“Wait... You’re the one from Equestria.”

“Correct. Listen, the Sandbar, Silverstream, and Ocellus in there are the ones from my world.”

“...How?”

“Red slime. Anyways, I need your help make a distraction.”

“Okay. Fluttershy, I need your help with something.”

As the woman walked towards the exit of the store, Sandbar and Silverstream whispered between each other. “You think she’s like the one from our world?” the hippogriff turned human asked.

“I don’t think so,” Sandbar whispered. “She doesn’t have contact with someone from Tartarus, and magic is common in this world.”

“Sandbar, Silverstream,” Fluttershy called, “Could you bring the kitten here?”

“I think she means Ocellus.” The boy picked up his kitten friend and walked with the girl into the other area. There he could see his counter, as well as the ones of his friends sneaking out.

“Get out before someone sees you,” Sunset whispered. The trio from Equestria did as they were told. They ran outside with Smolder and their counterparts walked back into the pet area.

“What did you do there?” Gallus (EqG) asked.

“It was a false alarm,” Sunset responded. Gallus just groaned as he just continued to feed the pets. Sandbar (EqG) and Silverstream (EqG) set Ocellus (EqG) down and tried to pretend what they saw didn’t happen.


The student six soon started making their way back home. “This was weird,” Sandbar commented.

“No kidding,” Ocellus agreed. “At least you became humans. I don’t know why I got stuck as a cat.”

“Same with dragons,” Smolder added.

“Let’s just get back to the portal,” Gallus grumbled. “This world is...”

There was a loud “CAW!” followed by an animal shrieking. “What was screech?” Yona asked. She reached for her boyfriend’s hand for comfort.

“That sounded like a cockatrice,” Silverstream declared.

“You... You don’t think that one would sneak through the slime,” Gallus said.

“It’s possible,” Ocellus commented.

“So one of them can turn us to stone?” Sandbar questioned. He and Yona hugged each as their fear started building. Silverstream decided to take a look to see if the cockatrice was nearby. Around the corner, she only saw a statue of a raccoon.

“We’re safe,” she called. She picked up the statue as her friends walked over to her to looked at the unlucky raccoon.

“How long do you think that chicken-lizard’s been around?” Smolder asked.

“I don’t know,” Ocellus answered. “But we can’t just let that thing run wild.”

“We’ve already overstayed our welcome,” Gallus reminded.

“If we don’t catch that cockatrice, who knows how many creatures could turn to stone.”

“I think we’ll need Sunset’s help,” Smolder said.

“You mean that girl at the shop?” Sandbar asked.

“That’s her.”

“But we can’t just let out copies just see us,” Gallus said.

“Wait,” Sandbar said. “Ocellus, can you still use your magic?”

“I think so.” The cat took a moment to focus after a flash of light, she now had a more human appearance. She had pink hair that covered one of her eyes and she wore a red dress that pink spots on it and was just above her knees and she wore matching slip-on shoes. “It worked.”

“You may wanna work on the eyes,” Smolder commented. “They look buggy.” The disguised being found a piece of glass to look at her reflection, and she changed her eyes to a more human-like design.

“Okay, now I’m good to go. I’ll head back and see if I can get Sunset to help, you see if there are anything creatures while you try and find that cockatrice.”

“Roger,” Silverstream replied. The transformed human ran back to the store as the other set out to find the cockatrice.

“I kinda wish we had some sunglasses,” Gallus admitted. “Those would be really helpful.”