• Published 28th Nov 2019
  • 325 Views, 0 Comments

Avengers Vol. 1 - The Kang Who Leapt Through Time - IndigoMoon



The Avengers face a new foe! After their formation following the defeat of the Masters of Evil, the heroes face a new, more dangerous threat!

  • ...
 0
 325

Issue 2 - Skyward Sword, Downward Spiral

When Fizzy woke up, Dane had already left the room, leaving her alone. She was groggily making her way to the door when someone knocked on the door. She opened it to see Spector standing there, looking exceptionally dour for no perceivable reason. “Meeting time?” she asked. Spector gave a grunt as he nodded, and walked away. Fizzy shrugged, used to his more-than-a-little standoffish behavior, and followed him through the castle to the Map Room.

When the pair walked in, they saw everyone else had settled in, eating at a breakfast of pancakes, courtesy of Pinkie Pie, who insisted on making them breakfast once a week. Said pink pony was nowhere to be found, and Fizzy assumed she had already headed back to Sugarcube Corner. Fizzy climbed into the same chair as Dane, the chair emblazoned with a trio of apples, and began eating her stack. Starlight sat in the chair marked with the Cutie Mark of Princess Twilight, happily chewing on her pancakes. Sunburst sat in the slightly smaller chair to its immediate right, tuning out his surroundings in favor of his book, his breakfast untouched. Tempest had claimed Rainbow Dash’s chair, and Autumn Blaze had made herself right at home in Fluttershy’s chair, face deep in her pancakes. Spector stood off to the side, refusing to sit. Firebrand sat in the chair that had three diamonds on it, absentmindedly poking her pancakes with a fork, evidently not hungry.

Once everyone had settled, Starlight began. “So, after yesterday, we have two new prospective members, Autumn Blaze and Firebrand. We learned that Maredevil is busy fighting Kingpin, and I for one think we should help her when we can.” She looked to Fizzy for confirmation

Fizzy glanced up from her breakfast, temporarily forgetting she was technically in charge, before nodding in agreement. This was how it was. Starlight ran meetings and established locations of potential recruits, with Fizzy having the final say and taking point in the field. She took another bite while Starlight continued.

“We still have to meet with both the Abyssinian and the elemental magic user, but-”

A loud banging sound rang throughout the Castle. Starlight rolled her eyes. “I hate the acoustics of this castle. Makes a knock sound like a cannon.” She vanished in a flash, teleporting to the door. They could hear distant voices as Starlight conversed with the knocker, before quick hoofsteps perked their attention. Starlight burst through the door, looking panicked. “We have a situation. Like, big situation. Code red. Whatever. Bad,” she said between gasps. She turned around and ran back towards the door, everyone in quick pursuit. Fizzy’s mind raced as she tried to figure out what could be happening. ‘Masters of Evil?’ she thought. ‘No, they’re all depowered and arrested. Legion of Doom? Nope. They’ve been petrified in a statue. Maybe it’s-

Her train of thought slammed to a screeching halt when the group ran outside. Hovering above Ponyville was the biggest sword Fizzy had ever seen. As she looked closer, she saw small lights running along its surface, and realized something.

“It’s a ship,” she said in a mix of terror and awe. A loud crackling sound filled the air, as if thousands of speakers had activated at once. “HELLO, EQUESTRIA,” said a voice from everywhere. A large image of a pony’s head appeared above the ship, its mouth moving with the everywhere voice. “I AM KANG, THE CONQUEROR. AS I’M SURE YOU CAN DEDUCE FROM MY NAME, I HAVE COME TO CONQUEROR EQUESTRIA.” As Fizzy listened, she tried to discern if she’d heard the voice before, as well as studying the floating face. She drew up short, not even being able to tell if the speaker was a mare or a stallion. The androgynous voice continued. “BUT, I AM NOT WITHOUT HONOR,” it said. “YOU HAVE 48 HOURS TO SURRENDER TO ME, OR I WILL TAKE THIS EQUESTRIA THROUGH FORCE.” The voice vanished with a crackle, the head vanishing simultaneously. The town below promptly went to shit.

As the group began hurrying to the town, beams of light descended from the ship down to the town below. As they ran into town, they saw ponies walking out, wearing the same helmets King Sombra used to take over Equestria before being defeated by the Princess and her friends. As the troops moved through the town, the began herding ponies into their homes, and the group slowly made their way back to the Castle. As they did, Fizzy noticed something. Excluding the helmets, they were all dressed in different clothes, or were different species entirely. Some wore the armor King Sombra used in his first attempt at conquest, but she noticed some were in war paint or mud. Some were wearing armor similar to Spector’s, and the thing that startled Fizzy the most was that some were Changelings. Pre-redemption Changelings.

“Fizzy,” whispered Dane. She, along with Tempest and Sunburst, were staring at her, as if hoping she had an explanation. She didn’t. Before Fizzy could say as much a group of them spotted the group of heroes. “Hey! Stop right there!” The leader called. The group spun on their hind hooves and bolted for the Castle, with the soldiers in hot pursuit. Starlight threw the doors open with her magic, and ushered everyone inside. Once Autumn Blaze, trailing just behind, was inside, Starlight slammed the doors shut just as the soldiers reached the steps. A moment later, they were hammering on the door. Starlight held the door shut as Dane, Tempest, and Sunburst stood behind her, horns glowing brightly (or sparking, in Tempest’s case). The Castle began to rumble and groan as the spell took effect. Fizzy watched as crystal began to encase the doors and windows. A klaxon began blaring from somewhere, and the magic from the unicorns created a pulsing, red-ish light. Within moments, every way out of the Castle had been sealed, plunging the building into darkness.

Author's Note:

Just a short chapter to get the ball rolling. :moustache: