• Published 12th Dec 2019
  • 274 Views, 0 Comments

How Bronconia Was Made - JRPerl



A story of how ponies, Equestrian and Non-Equestrian overcame adversities in their epic struggles to build Bronconia.

  • ...
 0
 274

Mustangoes, Pre-Bronconia (1/6)

In the distant future, ponies thrive and evolve into phenomenal beings. They develop and strive in various fields of specialties. The pony history of Bronconia is an interesting one. One that the indigenous leaders from the distant past would have never fathom in their wildest imaginations.

Mustangoes, Pre-Bronconia

If you were to look back at the time when Bronconia did not exist, the land was mostly inhabited by Nature and the Wild, and for the great majority remained untouched. Only indigenous Earth ponies roamed a small piece of the great vast. As far as we know, these indigenous ponies, known as Mustango or Mustangoes, are the first inhabitants, as well as the first pre-Bronconian civilization on this land. They have prehistoric pathways (or dirt roads) that lead from one Mustagon village to the next. Another accomplishment known to them are their cultivation of the land, only accessing enough to fulfill their needs, and giving back to the Nature. Other unmentioned accomplishments include: Constellation awareness and mapping, sports & hunting, art, music, primitive record keeping, and so forth.

Probably the most important legislation the Mustangoes have produced and put to practice in their society is the “Law of the Land & Keepers of Nature”. In this stone, Three fundamental rules were set that every decent Mustago must follow, they are:

  • Respect the land. Give back to the land no less than what you take from the land. (In the sense of what you give must be the same or able to produce more of the same or similar product of Nature.)
  • Protect the land. Before police force existed, every Mustango was an authority only in protecting their ponies, their land, and Nature. It was every pony’s duty to disarm, desist, and report outsider threats to the Head Chief or Vice Chief, or as they say, First or Second Chief of Arms. Later they developed their first dedicated police force, Sentinels, and were included into their doctrine.
  • With the addition of the Sentinels came the third directive; Order of Arms and Protection. Basically directs who would take up arms as or with the Sentinels as well as designating at least two Sentinels or equivalent stallions to direct and protect mares, fillies, and colts at their designated area, usually higher ground like Mount Mustango.

The law was carved onto a huge, flat stone at the basin of Mount Mustango, which would later become a historic site.

It goes without saying Mustangoes had their own problems. Things such as; contending with dry spells. As much greenery as there were, some seasons there was little to no rain for their crops, which prompted them to build an ingenious system of canals overtime. They would also get too much rain, causing a flood in their huts and roads. Also, they had to make sure every pony had adequate amount of fur on their backs during the winter seasons. Some of them evolved to have thicker coating than others. Among weather problems, at early to mid stages in their main settlement, they also had to deal with other creatures. Mainly, a very specific type of wolf which they called Farafur, or Werewolf in their language. They were successful in fending off threats like werewolves. But nothing could have prepared them for what was coming.