• ...
1
 9
 652

Explanation-ery

The group stood frozen as the yeti looked strictly at Wallflower, her eyes locking with the yeti's as she and the creature engaged in what could be best described as a silent stare fight. Only neither side was trying to win, or at least, the yeti certainly wasn't.

"Trixie thinks it wants to see you closer, Wallflower."

"Wallflower thinks that's a bad idea."

"Sunset could go ask her friends to take care of the yeti?"

"Luna would prefer it if you didn't provoke the creature."

"And Celestia would appreciate it if someone did something already!"

Startled by the principal's sudden raise of voice, Wallflower took a couple steps forward, the yeti standing still as the girl approached him. It didn't react whatsoever once she reached him and waved her hand.

"H-Hi..."

"Name," it asked.

"My name?"

The yeti nodded, and after a little hesitation-which included over a dozen reasons not to do it, and do it-Wallflower bluntly answered:

"Wallflower Blush."

The yeti grabbed Wallflower, lifted her to the best of his ability, and proclaimed:

"Everyone bow down, for Princess Wallflower Blush!"

The students stood stunned, not quite sure what to do until the yeti slammed his arms down and gave them a hint:

"BOW DOWN!"

It wasn't given very nicely.

The students quickly bowed down, and the yeti put Wallflower back on the ground soon after before he too bowed down.

"Apologies for my late arrival, Princess Wallflower. The kingdom was only informed of your ascension recently. I beg for your forgiveness."

"I-It's okay, I forgive you, but this is all going too fast!" Wallflower replied. "I mean, first, who are you?"

"I'm a former servant of The Storm King, a relative of yours," the yeti confessed, lowering his head as he continued. "I helped him in his conquering of Equestria, regardless of my actual relationship with the kingdom and ponykind as a whole."

Sunset flinched and walked to Wallflower's side. "You did what?!"

"Calm down, Sunset, he already said he was very much forced to help with it," Wallflower said, putting a hand on Sunset's shoulder and making her back away slightly. "Besides, considering what you and your friends can do, I'm sure their counterparts had it mostly covered."

"They sure did; they not only defeated The Storm King, but managed to remove his control over yetikind, allowing us to choose what we'd do for ourselves," the yeti bowed down once again. "I, as you can plainly see, decided to join your kingdom, and become one of your loyal subjects."

"Mhm, great, fantastic, nice to meet you," Wallflower eyed her terrified classmates. "Now, secondly, you scared my classmates just now. You think you could, I don't know, apologize to them?"

The yeti eyed the terrified students, and he threw a confused look at the princess.

"Please?"

The yeti sighed and turned to the students, bowing down as he said:

"I apologize for my freak out earlier. I hope you understand that, this being a brand new world I've never ventured before, anything and everything was, and to an extent still is, considered dangerous. Princess Wallflower, however, recognizes you as friendly and harmless, and thus I will consider you this as well until she says otherwise."

The students' fear vanished in an instant. Not because they were no longer scared of the furry creature from another dimension, but because it was replaced with shock:

"I just realized this guy talked!"

"And he talks up a storm, too!"

The yeti looked offended at the second statement, but he quickly composed himself and returned to Wallflower, who now had Trixie by her other side.

"Trixie wants to know one thing: if you really are from another dimension, how did you get here without going through the portal on the main yard?"

"Hey, yeah, Trixie has a good point," Sunset remarked, folding her arms. "How did you get here?"

The yeti looked at Wallflower, who quickly grew bothered by the obvious implication. "Dude, just explain yourself! You don't need my permission for everything!"

"Very well," the yeti took a deep breath. "In the realm of Equestria, magic of all types and shapes exist-"

"Trixie would prefer it if you skipped to the important bit."

The yeti roared at the performer, but Wallflower jumped in front of her and spread her arms, calming him down. "Please, just tell us the magic you used to get here!"

"Portal magic, a rare type of magic known to only be performed by Alicorns and similarly powerful entities. However, thanks to the previous princess's powers over memory, the knowledge required to create portals became another one of our kingdom's resources. Then she vanished, and all that knowledge was lost, leaving only one portal spell left to be used, exactly once, to search for the new princess."

"And thus, you used up the only means to get back home," Wallflower guessed. "That is, unless we take the horse statue portal."

The yeti shook his head. "That will only lead you to Equestria: our kingdom isn't located in any maps, as the last visitors we had got their memories expunged by the princess. By accident."

The previous princess seemed to flip flop between competent and incompetent. And from the look Sunset had, Wallflower could guess she had already faced a similarly clumsy princess before.

"The only way to reach the kingdom is to find the exiled portalkeeper, and convince her to help us create a portal home."

"Exiled Portalkeeper?" Luna parroted, suddenly entering the conversation.

Wallflower flinched, and the yeti took this as a sign to roar at the woman, only to stop when Wallflower gestured him to calm down. "Okay, new rule! Unless I strictly tell you they're an enemy, stop roaring at people!"

"As you say, Your Highness."

"Good, now, what was that about an exiled portalkeeper?" Celestia asked, also joining the conversation.

The yeti calmed himself, took a deep breath, and explained:

"Our kingdom had a portalkeeper, someone in charge of creating portal spells and keeping them safe. However, after entering this dimension and coming back to the kingdom, the portalkeeper refused to obey the previous princess's orders and stay at the kingdom. She lashed at her, and she wound up exiled for her actions."

"Okay, everything seems good except for one little, but very important detail," Sunset put her hands on her hips. "How do you know the portalkeeper even went here, and not another dimension that looks very similar?"

The yeti fell silent.

"Do you even know if the portalkeeper is alive or not?"

Still silent.

"Sunset, let me take it from here, I fear you'll break him if you keep talking," Wallflower said, instantly getting the yeti's attention. "Do you have a picture of this portalkeeper with you?"

The yeti nodded and took out said picture from his back. "She was cloaked during her time in our kingdom, however, so the only picture I have is of how she looks like in this dimension."

The group saw the picture, and they reacted with immediate confusion, except Sunset, who was outright horrified.

"Trixie has no idea who this is."

Sunset took the picture. "But I do."

Wallflower chirped up, unaware of Sunset's distress. "You do, Sunset? Do you know where she is now?!"

Sunset hesitantly nodded. "She's been working at Applejack's family's store for a while, as for who she is..."

Sunset eyed the rest of the group, and she grabbed Wallflower's arm and took her to a nearby bush. Then, she whispered the name to Wallflower, which transformed her cheerfulness into horrified shock.

"Vignette Valencia?"

Author's Note:

Haha! Bet you never thought Vignette Valencia would play a role in this story, did ya?! Sure, it's just for next chapter and she may never appear again afterwards, but she still has a role!

Btw, happy new year 2020, how are you doing?