• ...
1
 9
 648

Library

"So, if I'm getting this right," Sunset started. "You told Trixie to forget something, your markings glew, and she just... forgot like that?"

"Yeah, and when I asked her if she remembered what she forgot, that's when her memories returned!" Wallflower added. "Both times it happened, something came out of Trixie and into my markings, or out of them, in the case of her memory returning."

"Trixie is glad to help," she took a bite out of her muffin. "But Trixie has to point out something must be done about this."

"I completely agree, but what can we do?" Wallflower rested her cheek on her palm. "I don't want to be on the receiving end of a beam made of the power of friendship."

"Wallflower, you know I'd never do that to you!" Sunset stated.

Wallflower rolled her eyes. "So you'd rather sit back and watch as my memory powers go out of control? Thanks, Sunset, that really calms down."

Sunset frowned. "That's not what I meant."

"I know, and I'm sorry, it's just so frustrating; just when I feel I can leave the Memory Stone behind, it invades my life once again!"

"Trust me, I know how that feels," Sunset put a hand on Wallflower's shoulder and smiled. "But unlike me, you have a group of people who are more than willing to help you through this. And Trixie."

"Especially Trixie!"

Wallflower sighed. "I'm sorry if this sounds a bit too pessimistic, but how do I know your friends will help me? Once they see these markings, won't they try to stay a safe distance from me, just in case my powers malfunction or something?"

"If Trixie remembers right, you had to say "Forget about it" and "Remember this morning" to use your powers. That sounds like it requires conscious effort, so how could they malfunction?"

"These powers are still a mystery to me, Trixie, it would be easier to list the ways they wouldn't go wrong."

Wallflower then got an idea, and scratched her chin before she turned to Sunset, who flinched back as Wallflower's stare slowy became intense.

"Is something wrong, Wallflower?"

"The Memory Stone came from your world, right?" Wallflower asked, raising an eyebrow. "Couldn't you just go there and find out what happened to me?"

"Trixie has a better idea: why not go there yourself, Wallflower?"

"No, it wouldn't work," Wallflower folded her arms. "Sunset doesn't let anybody other than herself visit Equestria."

"Wha-When have I ever given that impression?!" Sunset shouted defensively.

"From what I can gather, the only time anybody other than you entered to Equestria was during the spring break yacht fiasco, and even then, that was done to get everybody back to this world."

"Trixie wants to question how you know that."

"It's one of the things the student body talked about the most the weeks after it happened."

"And besides, Trixie, you were there!" Sunset added.

Trixie huffed with a shrug. "Trixie blocked the yacht trip long ago. Too much stress and too tough a crowd."

*RIIIING!*

In what seemed like an attempt for things to move on, Sunset's phone began ringing, and the girl quickly answered.

"Hello? Yeah, it's me... What?... Why?... Yes, I wanna help her, but... Could you at least-"

*CLICK!*

"What just happened?" Wallflower inquired.

"It was Vice Principal Luna," Sunset answered as she stood up. "She said there's something she wants to show us at the school, and to just go the three of us."

Sunset turned to Wallflower. "She says it's something that might be able to help you, Wallflower."

Wallflower's eyes widened, and she insgantly stood up, feeling a surge of determination within her.


After a long walk, the trio arrived at the schoolyard, where they saw Luna standing by the door.

"Good, you've arrived," she said as the girls walked to her side. "Did you come alone?"

"Yeah, now," Sunset folded her arms and furrowed her brows. "Could you please explain us why you needed us to come here, alone, in the dead of the night?"

"There's a well-known phrase, "show, don't tell," which I believe should make my answer to your question clear," Luna took out her keys and unlocked the door. "Now follow me, and what you will see will give you the answers you seek. Especially you, Wallflower."

The green girl reflexed at her name being called, but before she could say anything, Luna opened the door and everybody went inside, Luna closing the doors before guiding the girls deeper into the school.

And in another long walk, made slightly more uncomfortable by the dark, deserted hallways, the girls eventually reached their destination...

"The library?" Wallflower asked, scratching the back of her head. "I don't know, Vice Principal Luna, how do you think this will help me find out how my new powers work?"

"Be patient," Luna grabbed Wallflower's hand, and pulled the trio inside. "While this is the place we need to go to, we still need to unlock the door."

"But Trixie could've sworn you just opened the door to the library-"

"That's not the door I'm talking about."

The girls raised eyebrows in confusion, and went quiet as Luna took them through several bookshelves, taking a brief glance at the selection of books before she shook her head and went to the next.

It was only when they reached a shelf in the "fantasy" section did she finally say something:

"Here it is!"

The trio shushed Luna, who sheepishly smiled before she grabbed a book and pulled it, causing a door to open... On the wall nearby.

"Is that the door you were talking about?" Sunset asked.

Luna nodded, and guided the girls into it. They went down a spiraling staircase as the door closed itself, and as they got further down, Luna decided to shed some light on what was going on:

"The extraordinary has always been something with a presence in our world, but it was only with your arrival, Sunset, that it became so prevalent once again. And finally..."

The girls reached the bottom of the staircase, and stood agape at what they were seeing: a collection of weapons, magical artifacts, and most importantly, books about the magical artifacts.

Equestria or not, Twilight would be so jealous right now.

"These books can be used once again. Please sit down while I look for the entry on the Memory Stone."

The girls obliged... By dropping on their knees.

"This... I just can't believe it..." Sunset scanned her surroundings. "Those artifacts... They're Equestrian, aren't they?"

"Some of them are Equestrian," Luna nonchalantly answered. "Others are Griffian, Sirenides, Hippogriffan, and so on."

"Trixie's mind cannot process this."

"Now I see what she meant," Wallflower said as Luna walked to her, book in hand. "If these artifacts are Equestrian... And the books are about them... Surely, there's a book about the Memory Stone, right?"

Luna smiled as she handed the book to Wallflower, revealing its cover depicted the Memory Stone itself.

Wallflower took the book, and got ready to open it as she looked around: Sunset flashed a little smile, Trixie gave her a thumbs up, and Luna gave her a reassuring nod.

With encouragement from all side, Wallflower opened the book... And began to read...

Author's Note:

This was so long overdue, I'm so sorry for making you wait.

But hey! New chapter! And one that will make you wonder what's up with Luna too.

Keep an eye out for her, okay?