• Published 7th Nov 2019
  • 1,004 Views, 26 Comments

A Second Attempt at Love - Twilight Star



Nightmare Moon and Nightmare Rarity return to Earth. Nightmare Moon aims to cause eternal night and Nightmare Rarity as well, but she also intends to try again to conquer Nightmare Moon. Will she succeed in winning Nightmare Moon's heart this time?

  • ...
10
 26
 1,004

I... I love you

Nightmare Moon and Nightmare Rarity came out of the Two Sisters Castle and they saw the six ponies walking in a spot that was near a cliff. To Nightmare Moon’s surprise, Mabel was with the other mares, “Look, Nightmare Rarity. Mabel is with them”, Nightmare Moon said as she pointed at Mabel.

“Can I go there to attack her?” asked Nightmare Rarity. She wanted to destroy Mabel because it was fault of this mare that Nightmare Rarity lost her friends.

“No, Nightmare Rarity. I understand why you want to attack her. But it’s better if you don’t attack her now”, replied Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Rarity was confused, “but why not?” she wanted to know why she couldn’t finish this mare in sweats.

“They will realize and recognize that it is you. They may not yet know that you are by my side”, explained Nightmare Moon.

“But what’s your plan then?” wanted to know Nightmare Rarity.

“We will try to distract them. That first part I will become a mist and you will use your magic to knock down the ground where those mares are, I will also help make the ground fall”, explained Nightmare Moon.

“And the rest?” asked Nightmare Rarity.

“Well, we’ll see about that. But if we fail to stop them in the woods, when they arrive at the castle, probably that cheeky foal who remembers my name will try to activate the Elements of Harmony to defeat us, so she can have her dear princess back. You must prevent her from finding the spark, you will take your normal mare form and distract her, I will go as a misty to the elements and grab and teleport me to another place in the castle to break the Elements of Harmony”, explained Nightmare Moon.

“Where will you teleport after getting the elements?” wanted to know Nightmare Rarity.

“To the throne room. You know where it is, right?” said Nightmare Moon.

“I’m not sure. But I think I can teleport to this room you’ll be in”, replied Nightmare Rarity.

“Ok. Now let’s wait for the right time”, said Nightmare Moon before turning into a fog and moving to where the mares were walking. She was going to wait for the right moment to make the ground crumble, and then these mares would fall to their deaths.

“Did the ponies that entered this forest come out alive?” asked Applejack.

“No pony knows”, said Rainbow Dash in a frightened way. Mabel, Pinkie and Fluttershy were scared.

“Because every pony that comes in here…” Rainbow Dash began to walk slowly to the three frightened mares.

“Rainbow, stop it”, said Applejack, not liking this joke.

“... Never get out alive!!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed the last sentence.

The ground the mares were on was broken. Twilight, Mabel, Applejack have fallen. Fluttershy and Rainbow didn’t fall because of flying, “Come on, Fluttershy. Let’s save our friends”, said Rainbow Dash, before flying to the rescue.

“My Celestia”, said Fluttershy before flying to save her friends.

Rainbow Dash caught Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy caught Mabel by the tail. But Applejack and Twilight continued to fall. Applejack managed to save himself by holding onto a branch. She looked down and saw that Twilight Sparkle continued to fall. Twilight Sparkle was struggling to hold on and not fall. Applejack, realizing this, let go of the branch and went to Twilight Sparkle, “hang on. I’m coming”, Applejack caught Twilight Sparkle by the hooves.

“Applejack, what do I do?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

Applejack had an idea, “let go”

“Are you crazy?!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle in panic.

“It’s not crazy. You’ll be fine”, said Applejack.

“It’s not true”, denied Twilight Sparkle.

“Look, what I’m saying is the true truth. Release. You’ll be fine”, said Applejack.

Twilight Sparkle denied it for a few moments before trusting and releasing. She shouted. Until she felt held. She realized that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were holding her, “whew”, she said in relief.

Suddenly Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy almost dropped Twilight, but managed to hold it, “I’m sorry. It’s been a while since I’ve held a pony besides my animals”

Twilight Sparkle realized that Applejack was coming down. She watched Applejack.

Nightmare Moon returned to normal form and looked at Nightmare Rarity, “damn it. They have been saved”

“Any idea what to do?” asked Nightmare Rarity.

Nightmare Moon saw that it had a Manticora far away, “yes. Can you become a thorn?”

Nightmare Rarity seemed unsure how her friend could say, “no, darling. Why?”

“I’m seeing a Manticora from far away. I intend to turn a thorn to make the Manticora feel pain and attack the six mares”, explained Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Rarity smiled at that, “I liked the sound of that. Will I help you with that, darling?”

Nightmare Moon thought before answering, “I don’t think so”

Nightmare Rarity was sad about that, but understood. Nightmare Moon turned to fog and went to the Manticora. The Manticora let out a roar. Nightmare Rarity flew up so the mares wouldn’t see her.

“Manticora!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle upon seeing the Manticora. “We have to go through her”

Manticora went to Mabel. Mabel dodged before kicking Manticora, “take it! Take it!”

The Manticora roared and Mabel’s mane became messy. Mabel laughed, “my mane got messy”, the mare looked at the Manticora before screaming in fright and running.

“Wait”, Fluttershy tried to say.

The Manticora intended to run after Mabel, but Applejack climbed on top of the Manticora like a rodeo. The Manticora was struggling to get Applejack, and she got it.

“It’s your turn, Rainbow”, said Applejack, now in the air.

“Yes. Of course”, said Rainbow Dash, before flying to Manticora.

“Wait”, Fluttershy tried to say, but Rainbow Dash passed her.

Rainbow Dash spun around the Manticora. But Manticora stopped the pegasus with its syrup. Rainbow Dash hit the syrup and fell back, “Rainbow!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight Sparkle looked at Rainbow Dash before glaring at Manticora. She hoofed the floor before smoke drifted from her nose and started running to the Manticora. The other mares started running, too, except Fluttershy, who prevented, “Wait!!” exclaimed Fluttershy. They stopped running. Nightmare Rarity was annoyed that Fluttershy interrupted the fight. It was so good to watch.

Fluttershy went to the Manticora. The Manticora prepared to attack. But Fluttershy prevented, “It’s all right”, said Fluttershy with a kind smile.

The Manticora looked at her paw before showing Fluttershy a thorn that was stuck in her paw, “oh. Poor little baby ”

“Little baby?” asked Rainbow Dash, surprised.

“This will hurt just a little”, said Fluttershy, before taking the thorn out with his mouth.

The Manticora grabbed Fluttershy as he roared, “Fluttershy!!” exclaimed the five mares in unison.

To their surprise, Manticora just licked Fluttershy’s mane in thanks for taking the thorn off her paw. Seeing that Fluttershy was safe, they passed the Manticora. Twilight Sparkle waited for Fluttershy.

“How did you know Manticora had a thorn?” wanted to know Twilight Sparkle. Fluttershy started to walk.

“I didn’t know. Sometimes all we have to do is show a little kindness”, replied Fluttershy. Twilight Sparkle thought for a few seconds before smiling and continuing to walk.

But what they didn’t know was that the thorn was actually Nightmare Moon and that Nightmare Rarity was watching the fight. Nightmare Rarity was already getting annoyed that the mares had passed a Manticora. And to make matters worse, the one who stopped Manticora was Fluttershy. The same mare Nightmare Rarity considered her best friend, before being replaced. Nightmare Moon no longer a thorn, has returned to her normal form. Nightmare Rarity landed on the floor and Nightmare Moon went to her, “now what? They passed through Manticora”

“Calm down, Nightmare Rarity. They still have a long way to go there. I know the way of color. So I already have ideas on how we can stop them, ”said Nightmare Moon. “They will have to go through a forest. So, I fear you will have to join them”

“So let me get this straight, darling. I will join them, but I will be in my non-Nightmare form, and when they arrive at the castle, I must do everything so that that unicorn doesn’t find the spark while you get the elements?” wanted to understand Nightmare Rarity.

Nightmare Moon smiled, “That’s right… Love”

Nightmare Rarity blushed at being called “love,” “darling, do you realize what you said to me?”

Nightmare Moon realized this and blushed. Why was she like this? Why did she call her friend “love”? And to top it off, why she always blushed. She needed to ask Nightmare Rarity about this, “Nightmare Rarity”, she began.

“Yes, darling?” asked Nightmare Rarity.

“Do you… do you know what it means when a pony calls another pony“ love ”? Do you know what it means when a pony blushes?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“Well, darling. When a pony calls another pony “love,” it is because that pony is dating or is married the pony he called “love”, replied Nightmare Rarity.

“And the other one?” wanted to know Nightmare Moon.

“When the blushing pony means he’s shy about a compliment”, replied Nightmare Rarity.

There was still something that bothered Nightmare Moon, “but why does a pony do that? What does it mean?”

“Simple, darling. When the pony calls the other “love,” it is to demonstrate that he is dating or married to that pony, and when he blushes it is because he likes the compliment the other pony has given,” Nightmare Rarity explained before smiling. “Why? Are you liking me?” Nightmare Rarity really waits the answer was yes.

Nightmare Moon didn’t want to admit it, but she needed, “Nightmare Rarity ...” she began.

“Yes, dear?”

“I… I have something to confess…”

Nightmare Rarity already wondered what Nightmare Moon would confess. She was heart pounding. If Nightmare Moon were to confess that she loved the unicorn, it was today that she would faint with joy.

“… I… I… I love you,” confessed Nightmare Moon, now blushed. “When I met you on the moon, I… I fell in love with you. Because you were beautiful, and when you had to become your non-Nightmare form, I fell in love with you even more, because you were beautiful. But I didn’t know I was in love. Nightmare Rarity… Are you going to be my marefriend?”

Nightmare Rarity was happy and hugged Nightmare Moon, “I love you too, darling!! Yes it is! I want to be your marefriend!!” Nightmare Moon was surprised by this reaction.

A silence fell between them. Nightmare Rarity blushed, released Nightmare Moon and laughed nervously, “hehe. Well, I’m glad you feel the same way I do. Well, should we continue with the plan to stop them?”

“Yes, love”, Nightmare Moon smiled at calling that Nightmare Rarity that way. She no longer blushed for calling the unicorn that way, because she already knew she liked Nightmare Rarity.

“Yes, darling”, that said, Nightmare Rarity used her magic and her form diminished to a white unicorn with purple mane and a three-diamond Cutie Mark.

“Even in that form, you’re still beautiful, love”, said Nightmare Moon with a smile.

Rarity blushed at the compliment, “thank you, darling”

“Now go. Just don’t forget what you have to do”, said Nightmare Moon.

Rarity nodded before rushing over to where Twilight and the others were.


Twilight Sparkle and the others were walking until they heard footsteps. Rainbow Dash turned and saw the shape of a pony running towards them. They saw that it was Rarity. The white unicorn stopped running, “I finally caught up with you, darlings”, said Rarity wearily.

“Wait a moment there. Have you been following us?” wanted to know Applejack.

“Yes, dear. I heard you intended to stop Nightmare Moon, and I decided to help you,” lied Rarity, bitterness slipping into her tone. Luckily, the mares didn’t notice the lie or the bitterness in Rarity’s tone.

“Let’s go girls. We need to get to Two Sisters Castle”, said Twilight Sparkle, before walking again. The other mares followed Twilight Sparkle.

As they walked, it was very dark. Everypony except Rarity didn’t know that Nightmare Moon passed them. Nightmare Moon entered a tree.

“I think I stepped on something”, said Applejack, seeing that her hooves were dirty with mud. Fluttershy shouted, “It’s just mud”, said Applejack, not understanding why Fluttershy shouted. She looked ahead and saw that the tree had a scary face. Applejack jumped away, startled.

Everypony was scared. Well, except Rarity, who was pretending to be scared. They heard a laugh and saw that Pinkie Pie was laughing at the tree’s face, “Pinkie Pie! What are you doing? Run!” said Twilight Sparkle with fear.

Pinkie Pie looked at her friends, “Ah, girls. Can’t you see?”

When I was just a foal, and the sun was setting…

“Don’t tell me she’s ...” tried to say Twilight Sparkle, but was interrupted by Pinkie Pie.

Shadows and darkness filled me with dread…

“You’re crazy, huh?” said Mabel.

So I hid, hoping that I would be safe like that.

“What’s that?” wanted to know Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie went to the pegasus.

But my mother came to me and said, “Pinkie, you have to get up and when you face your fears, you will see that nothing else will scare you.

Pinkie Pie laughed at a tree with a scary face. That done, the scary face disappeared. Pinkie Pie looked back at her friends. They all breathed a sigh of surprise.

So…

Pinkie Pie’s friends started laughing at the scary faces they had in the trees.

Laugh at the ghost, the haunt too. Nothing scares you anymore. You feel good. If you see a scary tree, and she thinks it’s scary, make her make you…

Pinkie Pie laughed.

… Laugh.

Pinkie Pie and her friends threw themselves to the floor while laughing. Rarity fell to the floor too to laugh. Of course she was faking it.

After laughing, they left and came to a part that had a river, Bbut they stopped to see that the river had waves madly, “How are we going to cross the river like this?”

Suddenly they heard a cry. Twilight and the others passed through a bush and saw a Sea Serpent crying, “why? Why? Why?!” whined the Sea Serpent.

“Excuse me, but why are you crying?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Well, I was enjoying my life until- Vup! Something passed and cut my mustache. My beautiful mustach !!” the Snake threw himself into the water. The water wet the seven mares.

“Oh please”, said Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah. It’s just a mustache”, agreed Applejack

“Just a mustache? Honestly, you are insensitive,” said Mabel, before approaching the Sea Serpent.“ You’re very handsome, right?”

The snake lifted its head off the ground and said happily, “Yes, I am”

“And everything was spoiled because your mustache was taken off”, said Mabel.

“Yes it is!!” agreed the snake.

“If there’s one thing Mabel can’t stand, it’s sad creatures and ponies”, said Mabel, before pulling a ladder from the snake’s belly.

The snake screamed before a tear came out. “Why did you do this?”

“Mabel, what are you…” tried to say Twilight Sparkle, but seeing what Mabel did shocked her.

“OOhh. My mustache…” The snake fell.

Mabel threw the scale away before taking the piece of the fallen tail and placing it where the mustache was cut. The snake was surprised, “my mustache? Oh, thank you so much”

“Not at all, big guy”, said Mabel.

“Oh, Mabel. You tail”, said Twilight Sparkle, now sad.

“It’s fine, guys. Soon it grows again”, said Mabel.

Twilight Sparkle smiled at Mabel before realizing that the river was watering now, “look. We can cross now”, she said, now walking on the river. Suddenly she felt a tremor.

“Above me”, asked the Serpent. The mares did what the Sea Serpent said.

As Rarity jumped, she already knew what she would do when Twilight tried to find the spark. She just had to hope the other mares weren’t around.

After crossing, the mares were walking until Twilight Sparkle saw the castle from afar, “the Castle of the Two Sisters! We did it!” she started running.

The friends of Twilight and Rarity chased after Twilight, “Twilight, wait!” asked Applejack.

As she ran, Twilight looked back, “We’re almost there”, she said happily. Suddenly their front hooves fell at the site of the destroyed bridge. She was fighting not to slip and fall.

Rainbow Dash pulled back the Twilight Sparkle syrup, “If I didn’t pull you, you would have fallen”, she said. Twilight Sparkle looked up.

“How are we going to get across?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“Duh”, said Rainbow Dash, flapping her wings, before going downstairs to grab the bridge rope and go to the other side to tie up.

“Rainbow…”

“Who said that?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Rainbow…”

“I know you are there! Show yourself!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash bravely and ready to fight.

“Why, we were looking for you”

“Me?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Why, you. Of course”

“Me? Oh yes! Me! Hey. Do you have a place reserved for the Wonderbolts? You know, I always join them”, said Rainbow Dash, all excited.

“No. We aren’t the Wonderbolts. We are… ” a group of three pegasus in flight uniforms appeared from the fog. “... The Shadowbolts”

Rainbow Dash was confused. “We’re the Everfree Forest guardians and we need a leader”, Rainbow Dash brightened when the female pegasus said “leader.”

“The most fearless”, said the female pegasus.

“Yes”, agreed Rainbow Dash.

“The boldest”, said the female pegasus.

“Yes”, said Rainbow Dash.

“We need ...” Rainbow Dash was excited now.

“… You”, finished the female pegasus.

Rainbow Dash flew up, “wow! I’m in!” she approached the bridge rope,“ just let me tie it in here. Then we’ll have a deal”

The female pegasus stepped in front of Rainbow Dash, “no! It’s them or us!” Rainbow Dash was undecided.

“Rainbow! Why is it taking so long?” asked Twilight Sparkle before noticing that Rainbow Dash was with a group of three pegasus with the same colors as Nightmare Moon. “Oh no. Rainbow!”

The female pegasus heard Twilight Sparkle and her eyes sparkle, causing a haze for Rainbow to not hear the unicorn, “Don’t listen to her”

“So?” wanted to know the female pegasus.

Rainbow Dash decided, “you”

The pegasus smiling victoriously, “... Thanks for the offer,” Rainbow Dash walked over to the bridge rope before tying and flying. “But… I have to say no”, she flew to her friends.

The trio of pegasus jumped before turning into blue mist. Rainbow Dash reached out to her friends and cheered before walking on the bridge. Rainbow Dash went to Twilight Sparkle, “you see? I never let my friends down”, Twilight smiled at that.