• Published 21st Oct 2019
  • 296 Views, 0 Comments

GSB vol2: Rivalry is a sweet display of love. - RandomFics271197



After many attempts of competing against Derring Do, Ahuizota felt something that shouldn't be normal for her to fell especially towards him.

  • ...
 0
 296

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Chapter 1 is out.
Ahuizota is not a ruin guardian, she is an explorer just like Derring Do.

On Ahuizota's cave...

A light source displayed a small cat shadow on the wall, sitting on a stone chair, Ahuizota was reading one of her records of a week ago.

' Day 16, Month 5, Year 2152

I was in one of the most valuable ruin, as always Derring arrived before me and got in the central room before I had a chance to get past the third room. When I entered the central room I saw Derring rushing towards me, unfolding his wings he jumped and flew over me. Raising my left paw, I shook it in the air and yelled at him for ruining my plans... again...

The structure began to collapse, I notice that the ground beneath me started shattering and falling down to a spike pit. I notice it and ran towards the exit, calling back Derring to be careful about the ground, until today I don't know why I warned him. I notice that the ground was falling so fast that I couldn't find a stable ground to jump to. I saw Derring stop and ran backward than he ran forward and jumped, unfolding his wings he reached the other side. Noticing this I tried to do the same but the other side was too far for me to jump. Looking back I saw the ground behind me falling faster and faster until he reached by back legs, squeaking in despair I ran forward and jumped.

I used my tail to give aerodynamic, noticing that I wasn't going to make it I extended my front legs and grabbed the ground. Hanging on a stable tip of ground, I looked down and saw the spike trap waiting for a new victim. I despaired and tried to get back up but it only made it worse I started slipping off. I felt my breath becoming resilient, looking down I started by hallucinating about my body being impaled by those spikes. Closing my eyes I felt my front paws losing the grip and then I felt my body being pulled by the gravity.

While I kept cursing myself about coming there without any type of rope or something to climb back up, I waited until my body reached the bottom and be done with it.

I felt tears leaving my eyes and made its way out of my face, I was going to die. How dumb I was to adventure myself on this ruin?

Suddenly I felt something soft making contact with my bareback and drove me back up. 'Was I dead already? Was God leading me to the Heavens?'

After a few moments, the soft thing dropped me back on the floor. I was so scared to open my eyes but a familiar voice was enough to make them open.

"Dear God, I was able to make it on time."

Opening my eyes I notice, Derring looking back at me. He held the artifact under one of his wings, standing back on my legs.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

Looking back at him, I nodded and headed back where I was. Looking down I saw those spikes again, I looked back at him and laid on the floor in a desperate attempt to recover my breath.

I raised my right paw and wiped my eyes, turning back at him I whispered.

"Why? Why did you save me? We're supposed to be rivals. Why?"

Looking back at him, I waited for his answer.

"I know, I know. We're rivals but that doesn't mean that I wanted your end to be like this. Besides, you warned me about the falling ground so it was fair enough that I repaid you in the same coin, don't you think?"

I whimpered and got back up. Derring unfolded his wings and flew out the ruin while leaving me dumbfounded about what happened. Getting back to my senses, I rushed out of the ruin and headed towards my cave to write all about this on you, dear diary.'


Putting down the diary, she grabbed the book beside her.

"Old creatures of Equestria." she read the title.

Raising one of her paws, she placed it under her chin.

"Hmm, interesting."

Opening the book, she started her readings.

"Myth Creatures:
Hydra, large creature, multiple heads. Special ability: grows more heads if some got cut off. Threat: very dangerous (avoid at all costs).
Manticore, large creature, head and the corpse of a lion, tail of a scorpion. Special ability: unknown. Threat: dangerous (avoid at all costs).
Cockatrice, small creature, chicken. Special ability: Turning creatures into the stone that stared at its eyes. Threat: medium (avoid at all costs).
More research is needed.

Legend Creatures:
Timberwolf, large creature, wolf made of wood. Special ability: None. Threat: Small (avoid if possible).
Dragon, large creature, it's a dragon duh. Special ability: Spits fire or water. Threat: Dangerous (avoid at all costs).
More research is needed.

Hybrids Creatures:
Kirin, an old creature, a pony-dragon breed. Special ability: Unknown. Threat: Unknown (avoid if possible). Veracity: Confirmed.
HippoGriffin, an old creature, a pony-griffon breed. Special ability: None. Threat: Uncertain. Veracity: Confirmed.
Ponyling, an old creature, a pony-changeling breed. Special ability: Transform into other creatures. Threat: Unknown (avoid if possible). Veracity: Need further investigation.
Draconequus, an old creature, a creature made of chaos. Special ability: Cause chaos. Threat: Chaotic (It can't be avoided). Veracity: Confirmed.
Ponyak, an old creature, a pony-yak breed. Special ability: None. Threat: Uncertain. Veracity: Need further investigation.
Ponyconequus, an old creature, a pony-draconequus breed. Special ability: Cause Chaos. Threat: Uncertain. Veracity: Confirmed.
Ponyzotl, an old creature, a pony-ahuizotl breed. Special ability: Unknown. Threat: Unknown. Veracity: Need further investigation."

Closing the book in a quick movement, she grunted and got up from her chair. Heading towards the kitchen, she felt her cheeks heating up, shaking her head to the sides she raised her paw and punched it against her chest.

"Snap it out. That's stupid. Thinking about that it's stupid. 'Need further information'.".

She felt her cheeks heating up again, noticing this she grabbed the nearest cup filled it with water and violently spilled it against her face.

"Snap it off," she said while she used her paw to lightly punch her chest.

Closing her eyes, she tried to imagine herself claiming him. Smiling, she giggled.

Her fun time was stopped by a sudden knock on her door. Opening her eyes, she grunted at her dream interruption.

Heading towards the door, she opened it and saw one of Dr. Caballeron's men waiting for her.

"Goodnight, what might I do for you?" she asked.

He grunted back and raised his hoof, delivering a piece of paper to her.

"Don't make yourself innocent. You failed the last mission. Boss is getting angry at you, so it's better to not fail this time or you know what will happen, don't you?" he asked

"I won't fail this time," she answered while grabbing the paper.

"That's what you said last time. Boss is getting tired of hearing some dumb excuses," he said. "The boss wants you to kill Derring Do in order to keep him away from our business line."

Her eyes widen and unfolded the paper. Giving it a quick read, she turned back at him.

"I will try it or maybe I could just focus on the artifact and deliver it to the boss. What do you think?" she asked.

He raised his hoof and placed it on his chin.

"Yes. But if you got him killed it will be better but try not to fail this time. The boss might have future plans for you."

The stallion excused himself and got back to his carriage.

She closed the door behind her and headed towards the kitchen, placing the paper down she sat on the chair and raised her paws brushing it against her face.

"What am I supposed to do?" she asked, "He will be there for sure and like always he will get it first."

She looked back at the paper, grunting she raised from her chair and grabbed the paper.

"Ruin of MythKing." she read the paper.

"If I go during the night maybe I could reach it before Derring," she said, "Yes, I will fulfill it. I will get this to get out from Caballeron hooves."

She rushed towards the door, opening and closing it behind her she rushed towards the Ruin of MythKing.