• Published 18th Oct 2019
  • 1,979 Views, 67 Comments

Harry Potter & the Ponies of Atlantis - ColtKit Productions



Long ago, magical life fled to a domed continent on the ocean floor. Ponies are Shifters (can change between their Equine, Anthro, or Human form). With the arrival of Harry Potter in their land, they learn humans are evolving into magic.

  • ...
30
 67
 1,979

Chapter 7: Ignorance is Bliss

Harry gulped as he wandered the busy streets, outside the chaos tree.

It had taken him hours to travel to the portal, as it was located several miles outside the Draconequus village. However, Harry caught a break, as just as he arrived, the guards were changing shifts. So the littlest abomination was able to sneak through.

Once out in the real world, Harry's good fortune continued, as each time he got near a Shinobi guard, they were looking away from him.

This gave him ample time to hide in the fog. As the pedals slowly dissolved, they turned into a haze, as if made of dry ice, yet they didn't feel cold when touched. Regardless the strongest concentration of fog, was around the base of the trees.

He was just so bloody small it was easy for him to travel the fog without getting caught.

Although he knew nothing worse would happen then getting his flank smacked, before being brought back to his school... this place... kinda seemed like paradise... if it wasn't for the brainwashing...

The most magically powerful individuals, became the personal guards to Sunset. That's the various S ranked Shinobi (meaning superpowered magic ninjas of the toughest of the tough). The rest of the Shinobi took turns on patrol.

The countries DID interact with each other. Mostly through tourism and trade.

He had to convince Sunset to ditch the crown... or better yet, snatch it right off her, right off her head. Still he needed help... so here he was, looking for his friends.

### •

Meanwhile, In the Crystal Empire:

Twilight groaned, waking up in the hospital wing of the Crystal Castle. First thing she saw, was Celestia by her bedside, sleeping in a chair. Most of her friends were here to.

Noticing her friend was awake, and looking at the Princess of the Sun. Fluttershy spoke meekly, "The Princess was really upset, when she learned her former student was responsible for taking the Element of Magic. Not just cause what Sunset did with it, but because she gave you a wrongful punishment."

Fluttershy blushed, but Twilight blushed even brighter.

"Where is Pinkie anyway?" Rainbow Dash looked around.

"I'm sure she is just exploring the Empire." Rarity assured. "After all, last time we were here, we couldn't do much sight seeing."

Applejack spoke up, "She probably just wants to make friends with all the Crystal Ponies."

### •

Back in the Yggdrasil Orchard:

"But... what about my friends?" Pinkie asked.

Igneous Pie sighed at his daughter. "Thou shall makes new friends. Ones that understand thou." Igneous tried to explain.

Pinkie lowered her head.

The former rock Farmer shuffled uncomfortably... maybe this wasn't the best moment for such formal talk, "Pinkamena... Thee never told thy friends, what thou are." It was more a statement then a question.

Pinkie fidgeted on the spot.

"Thou scholde be proud. Would thy friends not understand thou is gifted?"

Pinkie tried, "That's not it..."

"Thou art Toon Pony. Kage Sunset has given unto us this Estate. So art ponies will thrive and grow. Thy foals will know not of cruelty or prejudice."

Pinkie sighed. She knew Toon ponies were a newer pony Subspecies. Just because their was a boom of Subspecies twenty thousand years ago, doesn't mean new ones don't pop up every now and then.

Toon ponies were basically living cartoons, with physics and logic being their playthings. Pinkie's father was the first of them, born nearly a thousand years ago, shortly after the disappearance of the Crystal Empire. It was the reason he spoke with Old Ponish grammar.

Toon Ponies were not widely known by other races... and well... they look like Earth Ponies, even gain cutie marks, so it was easy for them to blend into pony society.

Regardless, there were only 420 Toon Ponies living in this new Estate. All descended from Igneous Pie. Pinkie had been here, with her family, since last night.

Her mother might not be a Toon Pony, but she was brought with them. As Sunset understood the Subponies, whom were married to a member of the three main tribes, would want to stay with their families.

### •

Within the Desert tree.

"There you are!!!" Lyra pounced on her husband, as the rest of her herdmates gathered around the wayward Stallion, and their foals.

Whooves had been halfway out of the village, when they found him.

Bon Bon gave a satisfied smirk, "And here I was, worrying my tracking skills were rusty."

Whooves gaped, "You're here? But I thought..."

Octavia sighed, "Honestly, dearest Whooves, could you not have checked the other rooms, before running off with the foals."

The Stallion blushed.

Vinyl Scratch snuggled her daughter, little Scootaloo, before picking up all the other foals into a hug.

Derpy exclaimed, "If the world wasn't ending right now, all of you would get such a smack!"

The foals' tails, instinctively, covered their flanks.

Octavia sighed looking at their Stallion. "I know you find it distasteful," She eased. "But regardless, it is best if we return to Rassillion's manor."

Whooves ears pinned, "He just committed treason against Equestria!"

"Yes, and by extension," Octavia reasoned. "We have separated from the Sisters' rule. We need to figure out what to do next... and rushing into Sunset's lair, isn't the way to do that."

Bon Bon nodded, "We need a plan."

Scratch signed, "Most importantly, we need to get these foals somewhere safe."

### •

All Across the Yggdrasil Orchard:

There were thousands of elves, near a hundred in each Estate, and a thousand in her own tree. Sunset learned of the house elves from the minds of the magical humans.

This breed of elf didn't require food, but rather they sustained themselves purely by absorbing magic. Usually from the one that holds their metaphorical leash.

So Sunset gave these excitable, floppy eared, 2 foot tall creatures what they wanted most of all. Families to serve.

They were now responsible for handling all of the less appealing jobs, or the more mundane. That way her entire civilization could devote itself to the pursuit of knowledge, culture, and power.

The elves, not caring about money nor wanting it, were working as bankers, shop keepers, waiters, factory workers, maids, butlers, basically any and every job that didn't involve military duties, political power, healing, the various forms of art, invention, teaching, crafts, or the pursuit of science or magic. Elves cared little for such things. Elves wanted only to serve in any, and all, ways.

### •

They even tended the Farms of their estate. Channelling plant magicks, Sunset infused into them, that not even an Earth Pony knew. Allowing them to make infinite harvest, every day. Without threat of polluting the produce with foreign magics. Not even for potion ingredients.

Where each clan, within every estate, had their own personal green houses. Which, despite being the size of a regular green house, contained an entire orchard inside.

Each filled with hundreds of potted plants. and even more trees. Growing various kinds of fruits, Vegetables, berries, nuts, herbs, and spices.

With the Elves ripening them instantly, and keeping them from ever spoiling.

But from there, the Green Houses began to get truly absurd.

One such green house, contained an orchard of soda cans, growing on trees. Aluminum cans, containing every flavor of drink imaginable. Fruity drinks, sodas, punches, alcohol, even the various flavors of milk, and waters. With all the Hot drinks staying hot, and all the cold drinks staying cold. At least... until they are opened, then they slowly get closer to room temperature.

Emota-vores had an extra green house, growing cans of every flavor of emotion.

For Carnivores. Sunset gave them green houses filled with demonic trees... growing slabs of flesh. Cuts of meat, in every shape and style, from different kinds of animals. All truly cruelty free. As no animal needed to die to produce them.

Then there were candy trees in a different green house. Followed by pastry trees in another.

Although the green houses grew every food imaginable, some grew things that weren't actually food.

There was a number of green houses, growing potion ingredients. Separated by the danger levels of the plants. All ment to be brewed in potions, as medicine.

Then another green house, where various precious metals, grew on vines, in bar form. Gold, aluminum, steel, copper, platinum, all the way up to Daedric Steel.

Another green house grew various gems and minerals.

But Sunset's crowning achievement was the Crystal green house. As they could be used to power enchanted artifacts, even create them.

### •

Sunset's personal tree operated as the capital of her Empire. Now that everything was settled, Sunset was letting the various creatures out of their trees, to interact with each other. Coming to the market place, in her tree, to do most of their trading.

They wanted to trade their own contributions to the arts, sciences, and magics. Sunset made many of their ideas and inventions, they had imagined over the years, as real tangible contributions to her society. At least the ones that were actually possible. She even gave all her citizens the necessary talents and knowledge to continue to make such things on their own.

... She was doing good... It was hard to keep her mind focused, to keep doing good, but she was trying her best...

### •

Within the Council Chambers.

Sunset sighed, as she sat on her throne, inside Yggdrasil. Her tree didn't have nearly as impressive extension charms as the other Estates... mostly because it didn't need them, due to it's sheer size. The Tree was just over a mile wide, with over 500 floors.

The floor just above her head, the very top floor, was her's. It had various luxuries and accommodations she fantasized about in her own ideal dream house... including a sex dungeon for Flash... where she hurt the colt...

What she intended as a romantic moment, to sweep the young Stallion off his feet... had resulted in her very touch burning him, as if she was some unholy beast... she hurt him...

Some of the Love Bug Changelings had to be called, in order to treat the burns from where she touched him... with Flash lying to them about how the wound happened, like a beaten down husband... she needed to learn better control of her power... or remove the crown...

Unfortunately, if she took the crown off again, Sunset doubted she could handle the strain of putting it back on a third time. No, she would need to wait until she conquered Equestria. Then she could take off the crown and return it to the tree of Harmony, that way none could use it against her.

... she could feel the Element of magic liked that idea. It missed the tree.

Sighing, she looked to the sides of her throne, at the other individuals sitting next to her. She was currently in the Senate Chambers, on a circular platform in the middle of the room, with various thrones beside her.

There were several other circular platforms perched on the walls of the semicircular room. Directly behind her were balconies, so commoners could see what the elected officials were discussing. The circular platforms could float away from their perch, in order to get closer to the thrones.

The Heads of Clans, or their nobles, could stand on the platforms with their senator... and today many of them were. Quite fitting for their first ever session, not that the Yokai knew that.

No, what was obviously on the minds of the nobles was the various pony subraces that now sat on their own platforms. New races which were moving into their own embassies located on this floor. Well the Subraces had yet to appoint Senators, their heads of each clan, and some of the more honored nobles, were present.

On the Platform with Sunset were other thrones, smaller and lower then her own. With a "new" one added just this morning (as far as any creature else was aware the other thrones had been there for near a thousand years).

These thrones were for the lesser kage. Her generals and personal advisors. The Protectors of each tree.

While Sunset was the main Kage, ruling over all, the other trees had their most powerful member, serving as a Kage of their own. From their, each Species had their own Senator. Then a head of each clan, to keep the senator in check... with each and every one of them getting a vote. To insure fairness, the vote of a clan head, held the same weight as a Kage. With Sunset having the added ability to Veto their decisions.

There was the old monkey Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Hokage of Konoha, the forest tree.

Then there was the deer Onoki, the Tsuchikage of Iwa, the planes tree.

Then there was the alligator Yuki Shiro, the Mizukage of Kiri, the ocean tree.

Nearby was the Ushi-Oni, A. The Raikage of Kumo, the Thunder tree. While Ushi-Oni are Yokai, that don't really have an animal equivalent. They have a torso, arms, a monstrous head, and 8 tentacles in place of legs.

Nearby was the Raccoon Dog Gaara, the Kazekage of Suna, the desert tree... while still very much a child, he was the most powerful in his domain.

Then there was the white serpent, Orochimaru, Sonikkukage of the Sound, an echoing caves tree.

With a Kage for every tree.

Then there was Sunset, representing Everfree itself.

Finally there was a new Kage of the Midnight Tree, which enjoyed an eternal night. The Shadow Pony, Sombra, himself.

Sunset had not given the Night tree a Kage before this. With the nocturnal Yokai believing their last Kage willingly stepped down. In awe of Sombra's might.

These Kages were chosen by Sunset, as the best suited to rule their country... and gave them each the power to protect it.

Amongst all the Pony subraces of Atlantis. Sombra was by far the most powerful... and the most loyal to herself. He had been there, for every one of those thousand years.

He had seen the Yokai die, and the near extinction of his Shadow Ponies. Unlike the other creatures, Sunset had not needed to install false loyalty... she couldn't even if she tried. Sombra was just too powerful.

So every bit of his loyalty was real. He felt true gratitude towards her for bringing the Subraces together, and bringing back the Yokai... and he could care less if a little mind control was needed to do it.

Standing in the background, were the various S-Rank guard teams. Such as the Sanin of Konoha. The Seven Swordsmen of Kiri. The Akatsuki, a joint operation of races from all over Sunset's domain (The elite of the elite... and their apprentices).

A younger man, appearing just barely in his 30s, spoke on behalf of the Inu, the dog Yokai. "Your highness, well we do not question your judgement, I'm sure many of us are curious. Just what is the point of bringing the Ponies here?"

Sunset smiled, she made the Yokai distrustful of ponies on purpose. It would make it easier to get them to attack them once they are ready.

Another lord spoke up, "It's strange that we have remained hidden within an already secret society, for near a thousand years," as far as the Yokai, or even the newly arrived ponies, knew that was true. "Only to willingly expose ourselves now. Can we really trust these ponies?"

"He has a point." Another insisted, "It seems... strange, to invite these ponies into our homes."

Meanwhile, Sunset could see the pony subraces stiffen. Some glared while others wondered if they traded one form of oppression for another.

"These are not typical ponies," Sunset explained. "True they may be descended from pony-kin, but they have been just as mistreated by them, as yourselves. I am providing them the same sanctuary Starswirl first offered to you. I expect all of you to be respectful of that, and treat them as any other citizen."

There was a choir of "Yes Kage," as if the Yokai were in a school house. Acting like obedient children, after a scolding from a teacher. Magical creatures were a good deal more innocent then humans. So the Yokai reflected that.

However she left their tendencies towards greed and ambition in tact. She believed those would be vital traits, to make them just as inventive as humans, while lowering their capacity for cruelty.

Orochimaru stood, getting all's attention. "That's all well in good, and I am of course happy to welcome the Subponies, who knew oppression on the same level as ourselves, but there is the small matter that, with them, they have brought their more mundane family members, as well. Is this not a security breach?"

Sombra raised an eyebrow, before turning his head to Sunset, "My understanding is you want to rule the mundane ponies. So there shouldn't be an issue with some of them living in your boarders. Besides, not all the children you brought will ascend into their Subspecies. Some will undoubtedly stay as mundane ponies. So you will already have their lot walking around."

Sunset was in full agreement, there really was no harm. As she had already distilled the same loyalty she had in the Yokai, and the Subponies... She figured it would make things easier, if she had some regular ponies on her side. As she wished to use them as spies.

### •

Later, with Harry.

Harry... had found the Fox Estate... the Kitsune were just through the doors of this tree.

Steeling himself he was about to walk through them, when the doors suddenly opened and something collided with him.

Harry groaned, rubbing his head as he adjusted his now lopsided glasses. Looking up he realized it was Naruto, human form and all, that he collided with. Talk about luck.

"Naruto?" Harry blinked.

"Damn it kit!!!" came a yell as an adult ran towards them, from inside the tree.

Harry quickly closed the doors, to brake the grownup's line of sight. Then he took Naruto by the hand and ran to the back of the tree, before pushing him down into the fog and making a "shhhh" sound while hiding next to him.

Getting the idea, Naruto shifted into his beast form, to better hide. Now he was a yellow fox, with more finger like paws. Ducking into the fog, it was easy for their small bodies to hide this way. Even with the bright as dandelions yellow fur.

Harry then heard the doors open, "Naruto Uzumaki!" the grown fox snapped. "It's bad enough you ditched school, but running out of the tree isn't going to make it any better!" The adult fox began sniffing but the smoke like fog, of the evaporating pedals, masked them.

Another adult fox poked his head out of the tree, "He'll come back when he gets hungry. For now just let him explore. It's not like he is in any danger in the Yggdrasil crossroads."

The first grownup sighed, "I suppose..." still sounding worried though as he wandered back inside, and closed the door behind him.

Immediately lifting his head above the fog, Naruto sighed with relief. Flashing the Draconequus a mischievous smile, "Thanks man. I was in for a world of hurt. My countries guards have been getting better at catching me whenever I try to sneak out. By Starswirl do they need to loosen up!"

... he didn't recognize him... Harry frowned, before looking at his mixmatched paw and claw. Remembering the bloodline power of his species (as he still remembered everything from the brainwashing. He just knew what was real and what wasn't). Harry raised his green fox paw in front of his friend's face.

Building up his magic into his fingers, concentrating hard on what he wanted. With middle finger to thumb... SNAP.

Something in Naruto's eyes shimmered, as a spell broke apart... next thing Harry knew he was on the ground getting punched.

"You selfish prick!" Naruto roared, "I was HAPPY!!! I had a family!!! Why the fuck would you wake me up!?!"

"It wasn't real!!! It wasn't real!!!" Harry repeated, protecting his vital organs in a ball. As he was used to beatings.

Naruto stopped punching, soon after he registered Harry wasn't punching back. Instead he curled up in a ball of his own... and cried... Harry had never seen Naruto cry... not in all the years he had known him... not once...

Harry uncurled and laid on his friend in a hug... it was hard to see him in the fog... "It wasn't real..." Harry repeated one last time.

Naruto sniffled as he tried to get his silent tears under control, "I know..."

### •

Later Still, in Sunset's Private Floor of Yggdrasil.

"The war with the ponies might still not go in our favor." Sombra explained as he stood in Sunset's personal chambers.

She had stopped others from joining them, so she could speak privately with him.

"Their greatest ally has always been their cutie marks. They don't just show off a talent but magically enhance it... their greatest threat as always been the ponies with a cutie mark in magic.

"If you are open to advice, I would suggest tracing all such marks and bringing them here. Then giving them a bit of... an upgrade. As well as upgrade yourself, then, ditch the crown, it's starting to pollute your mind.

"Once that is done. It is a simple matter of training our forces to attack the Crystal ponies. They are currently having their summit, so it be the best time to get rid of all the world leaders."

"You just want to kill some Crystal ponies." Sunset observed.

"Regardless of my personal motivations. It is the best plan. And we only have a short window before the summit ends."

### •

Even Later into the day, as the sun lowers, Harry and Naruto are still sneaking across the Yggdrasil Orchard.

"It's getting late..." Naruto observed as the sun quickly lowered.

"We just got to wake up Gaara and Kiba." Harry insisted as they traveled the fog.

"...Should we?"

Harry stopped, and looked back at his friend.

Naruto sighed, "Look I get that Brainwashing is bad but... So what!? Honestly I prefer the life I thought I had... and Gaara... you know the shit Gaara has been through... could you REALLY make him go through that again?"

Harry bit his lip.

"I realize you think you're saving us but..." Naruto trailed off. "Maybe we could just try talking to Sunset. If we get her to remove the crown-"

"Do you really think someone who forcibly transformed millions of people, then proceeded to BRAINWASH all of them, is really someone you can reason with!"

Naruto frowned, then looking up with determination, "I KNOW she is." he spoke with clear conviction.

Harry sighed. Part of him wanted to trust Sunset had their best interests at heart to. "That's just another thing she put in our heads... she isn't actually like that." Harry tried.

Naruto looked to the side, "We can trust her..." he insisted. "Everything she has done so far was to make us happy. Even the fake memories were designed for us to have the most realistic versions of our ideal lives as possible... it's what makes losing that so hard... don't you care at all it's not real? Don't you want to go back to that?"

Harry looked at the fox, "Everything I am, fought against that lie... I'm not even sure if any of them even really knew my parents. I want to know what is real... I NEED to know..."

"... no offense Harry, but if your willing to damn the rest of everyone else's happiness just so YOU know... maybe your the bad guy of this story?" it was more a question then an accusation.

Still Harry flinched... before looking up at the great tree in the center of the clearing... "I have to know..."

### •

Later that Night, with Sunset.

Cutie Marks in magic came in a larger variety then she imagined... but Sunset couldn't help getting a sick pleasure out of capturing them all.

She stole Magical researchers, those that specialized in certain spells, even magical crafting ponies... these included many of the individuals Celestia had been training for her mass Alicorn plan. Sunset was weakening Princess Sun Butt's station, in more ways then one, with Sombra's suggestion.

Smiling widely she twisted and shaped not only them but herself, 'upgrading' them into a new pony subspecies... Ether Ponies...

### •

Meanwhile, with Harry.

Kiba finally managed to compose himself. Standing up, the white dog was breathing hard...

"Akamaru... isn't really my brother..." Kiba felt like he would break down all over again.

Harry hung his head, "He's a puppy that wandered on the campus grounds... you snuck food to him."

Sunset brought everyone here, and tracked all their family lines... apparently that included random stray dogs. The entire Inuzuka clan was made up of both dogs, and people, that had been turned into the same species of Yokai

Kiba's eyes were watering, "But I remember. We played together in the parks. We celebrated our birthdays together... we..." Kiba's eyes hardened, "You're trying to trick me. I don't care what you say! THIS IS MY REAL LIFE!" He ran off towards a Shinobi. All the while screaming, "Intruders, villains, spies for the ponies!" and just Harry's luck, the Guards took Kiba seriously.

### •

Shortly afterwards, in the Dungeons of Yggdrasil.

"I can handle this." Sarutobi glared at the shadow pony.

Sombra scuffed, "You don't even understand what's happening, and as Sunset is indisposed for the night, it is only right her second in command-"

"You are NOT her second in command!" Sarutobi growled. His long monkey tail hitting the floor in irritation. Leaving a dent in the hard rock of the dungeon floors.

"No consideration for the elves." Sombra gave a sly grin at the display of 'power'. He found it cute that the creature thought it could intimidate him, much less compare to him. "As creatures of Ether, Draconequus are technically under Sunset's domain, but as she is indisposed that leaves-"

"The Yokai will handle their own affairs!" The monkey insisted.

"As the Draconequus like to keep to theirs." a voice echoed around them. In a white Flash, Discord appeared.

Both Kages sighed in exacerbation.

Lord Malfoy was beside him, with a hoof full of Draconequus Shinobi behind them.

"I believe you have one of my subjects." Discord grinned.

"Discord!" The Hokage snapped. "Do try to control your miscreants. I realize you Draconequus are all about pranks, but this one went too far! That little brat BRAINWASHED children into thinking their lives weren't real. Honestly! Of all the malicious pranks your clan has pulled, this is the worst! The boys are devastated!!!

"The Inuzuka heir refuses to go near his brother without bursting into tears. Then the Uzumaki heir keeps insisting our rich history, of near a thousand years, never happened!"

LeStrange snorted, "That's a good one," she elbowed her cousin. Black snickered back.

The monkey glared at the Lords turned Shinobi. They were rather infamous for their pranks against other creatures.

"Sirius!" Lucius glared at him.

"What you scolding me for!?" Black gaped. "I didn't say it!"

"Harry is your Godson, so obviously you hold a great deal of sway with him." Lucius pointed out, "If he is coming up with such vindictive pranks, it is no doubt DIRECTLY caused by your influence. We can engage in our pranking culture without being so cruel."

Discord was frowning, deep in thought, "What do you intend to do to Harry?" he eyed the monkey.

Sarutobi stilled looked angry, but after a moment, forced himself to calm. It took very little effort on his part, thanks to his Shinobi training.

The Hokage informed, "I realize you have had a bad experience with the ponies for similar 'pranks gone too far'. However, we Yokai are not like them. We have gotten used to especially over eager abominations being a bit too vindictive with their pranks...

"The boy recieved a spanking when he was arrested. He will spend the night in the comfiest wing of the dungeon, down Juvenile Hall. Where he will receive another spanking at bedtime, then another before he is released tomorrow morning.

"This is just a scare tactic. So that he doesn't try to be so thoughtless with his pranks again, and puts more effort into making sure everyone involved appreciates them... although that never appeared to work with THOSE 2."

Halos appeared over LeStrange and Black's heads, actual floating rings of light.

Sarutobi sighed, "But it is a good deterrent for most... we try to understand the biological need for Draconequus to play pranks. However, we expect them to not be harmful, either mentally or physically. This prank outright scarred the recipients."

Sombra spoke up, "Maybe you would be willing to look over the Victims. Draconequus have very impressive mental magics. It is near impossible to detect. So you can imagine it is less then easy for even the Love Bugs to break."

Discord got what the Shadow pony was REALLY asking of him... but could he honestly reset the brain washing?

Discord looked over at Lucius, "Check on Harry, I'll be along shortly." then disappeared in a flash of light.

### •

Discord reappeared in the Hospital floor of the great tree. Where several colorful beetle ponies, were casting various diagnostic spells on the children. The mental magics Sunset originally cast on them were too powerful to be detected by even the most advanced healers, much less broken.

They were so naturally engrained in the former humans' brains that they might as well appear real... yet Harry woke up from it... then proceeded to break through not one but 2 other boys out of it... just how powerful was that child?

Wizards were naturally more powerful then ponies. Where ponies are great with their cutie mark magics, human wizards had far more versatile abilities, while also having larger reserves. They might as well all have cutie marks in magic... then the humans all got a power boost from their new anatomy, with their fingers acting as the focus for some truly complex spell work.

Draconequus were even more so. Well not to Discord's level, they could make much of what they imagined real by a snap of their fingers.

Just how powerful was that luck rune to make it so Harry got turned into the most magically powerful race, to amplify his already overwhelming magical power.

Sunset could have chosen any of the children from the school. She even could have picked a member of the staff instead of a kid... but no... she chose, by sheer fluke, the wizards to be Discord's Draconequus...

"Discord!!!"

The god looked over at the tallest of the Love Bugs. "King Thorax?" Discord acknowledged.

"Thank goodness you're here." Thorax sighed with relief, strangely not scared at his first encounter with the god of chaos. "I knew Draconequus were powerful but we can't even detect the slightest trace of the brain washing spell!"

"THAT'S CUZ I'M NOT BRAINWASHED!!!" The little yellow fox insisted from his place on a nearby table. "YOU LOT ARE!"

Thorax eyed the Draconequus, "The boy is so convinced, I actually tested some of the Yokai to see if they really are the ones who were brainwashed! I know it was ridiculous but he is just so sincere." Thorax blushed.

"Well?" Discord eyed. "Did you find anything?"

Thorax snorted, "No, and I have my doubts even an Alicorn would have the power to brainwash creatures on the scale the boy is describing." The Element of Harmony certainly could. While ponies only used it for parlor tricks and to banish their more powerful foes... likely because they knew using it the way Sunset was would have consequences to the Cosmic scales. "I imagine you could do it, but-" Thorax snorted. "Why would you want to?"

Discord resisted the urge to sigh. If there was one thing he wasn't, it was a liar. However he could omit the truth, or just not answer. "Let's see my patient."

Discord disappeared in a flash and reappeared a few feet away, in front of the fox child. "Privacy please!!!" whipping the curtains closed... curtains that had not been there a moment ago. Discord looked at the child, that was scooting away from him. "Do you want to go back?"

Naruto blinked, "Back?"

"I can do one of two things. I can snap my fingers, and make everyone remember their horrible lives. Lives of cruelty and poverty and abuse... or I can reset the reality Sunset gave you."

Naruto... blinked, "You're asking me?"

"I'm having trouble judging the right thing in this situation. I need a mortal's perspective."

Naruto got quiet, thinking long and hard, "It's not real..."

Discord scuffed, "How do you define 'Real'. Not to go all Matrix on you, but real is nothing more then electrical impulses interpreted by your brain. Your memories, Your Reality, your very history. That is all a matter of perspective.

"Should the rape victims that live here be made aware of what happened to them in their former life. Should the cripples be forced to lose the use of their legs because how they got them is 'unethical'. Should the mentally handicapped lose their now genius level IQs? Everyone here... they are so happy... blissful in the Illusion..."

"... does it have to be an Illusion?" Naruto asked.

Discord eyed, motioning his paw for the boy to continue.

"Well, Sunset only has one of the elements of Harmony, and look what she's done... despite that thing driving her mad... I mean... you're a real god, right? Couldn't you mess with history to make everything Sunset said really truly real?"

Discord sighed, "That would just create an Alternate Reality. The past is history that can't be altered, not even by gods, where the future is a billion trillion different possibilities, always changing. The present is what is actually happening. I can do a few cheap tricks with the flow of time, but I can't alter the functional laws of the universe... not without breaking it entirely and starting from scratch."

Naruto eyed him a moment, "And what's wrong with creating an alternate reality? Send us there, make it our history, give me my family... and my friends."

Discord nodded raising his talon, "You sure this is the right choice?"

"There is no 'right choice'," Naruto insisted.

Discord sighed, thinking on it a moment longer. "Technically, Sunset already created 42 pocket dimensions, in the trees of Harmony. I could rewrite each of them, making their history's more 'real'. But keeping the portals open to this reality."

Naruto shrugged, "Since your already bucking with reality, might as well give all of Atlantis its own pocket dimension. Maybe leave the horse statue as an anchor to this new pocket dimension."

Discord still felt this wasn't the answer... but there was no answer, Sunset had truly bucked with these people's minds, to the point repairing them would do greater damage.

"You won't remember this talk... but you'll remember your friends," Discord promised, before snapping his fingers.