• Published 18th Oct 2019
  • 413 Views, 9 Comments

Daring Do's Bipedal Adventure - insaneponyauthor



Ponies in human bodies… humans in pony bodies… cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

  • ...
 9
 413

Chapter 2: A Dream Derailed

For a moment, Daring Do was at a loss for words, like someone whose thesaurus had suddenly run out of synonyms for horror. She quickly tried to regain control of the situation.

"Chestnut? You must have gotten me mixed up with somepony else. My name is Daring Do. But what's really important right now is the Falcon, and the trail has gone completely cold."

"I didn't know you were into method acting," said the pale blue human. "Could you sign my book as Daring Do then?" She made air quotes around the last bit with her fingers.

Suddenly, Daring recognized her voice. "You're that annoying kid who almost screwed up the Ring of Destiny!" Now that she thought about it, there was an uncanny physical resemblance as well.

The human seemed offended. "Actually, that was the Marked Thief of Marapore, and I didn't ruin it, I enhanced it. Anyway, why are you here anyway? And where are the camera crews?" She looked around, but the hallway had emptied again with the exception of the annoying human and the others in her herd.

One of the yellow humans spoke up. "Um, did you say you were looking for a falcon? Because one recently arrived at the shelter. It might, um, be the one you were looking for. We could go after class." Then with a timid glance at her friend, she added "It really is horrible you know. People think that they would make a cool pet, but they are completely unsuitable as pets."

At last, a clue! "There is no time! We shall depart for this shelter immediately."

The purple human looked like she was about to object, but the blue human preempted her complaints. "Come on Twilight, we skip like all the time. Remember the dance contest? Besides, the police are probably still busy investigating the disappearance of those lawyers."

As they set off, Daring Do heard sobbing coming from a passing doorway and stopped.

“They attacked me! They tried to grab and kick me and one of them threw exploding candy at me!”

Her blood froze (but not literally). She would recognize that ominous voice anywhere. Lyra Heartstrings, we meet again at last.

Suddenly, a deeper, more regal voice came from behind the door, apparently trying to console Lyra. “Do you know what caused them to attack you? Did you perhaps express your disappointment with this world to them?”

The orange human noticed that she had stopped to eavesdrop and tried to pull her away. "You can't go in there! That's Vice Principal Luna!"

Daring was undeterred. "Don't you see? This is the falcon we've been looking for." Then in a much louder voice, she said

"Halt evildoer! You thought you could elude me, but though the wheels of justice are often delayed, they do not stop turning for anypony. The countless months I have spent tracking you will only make your imminent downfall all the more satisfying! Now hand over the Falcon before anypony further gets hurt!"

Her dramatic speech was unfortunately undermined by her struggles with the doorknob, for although Daring had more experience with living with humans than she would have ever desired, she had considerably less experience with actually being a human.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me!" said Daring Do, who gave up flailing at the doorknob with her strangely tentacled limbs. She turned back toward the rainbow-haired blue human and the pink-haired yellow human and tried to scream out “How do you operate this thrice-accursed mechanism?!”, but had only gotten to “How” before she felt a sudden blunt force against her back, and proceeded to lose consciousness.