• Published 14th Oct 2019
  • 298 Views, 0 Comments

The Sorian - Robert Emerald Fountain



The rescue of a stranded crew member on a deserted planet

  • ...
 0
 298

3

After arriving at the site, Flurry began to power up the ascent rocket. After she had put on her space suit, her crew took remote control of the rocket. She passed out during launch, but quickly regained consciousness. She was in a spot where it was impossible to dock on the Cosmos, but the EVA suits were built with small thrusters on the backpack. Informing her crew of the situation, they formed a plan. Twilight and Ocellus put their suits on and Twilight attached an MMU to hers. Opening the airlock, Ocellus readied a tether line.

"Hook me up.", Twilight instructed.

Ocellus did as she was told, and Twilight maneuvered her way towards the capsule that her niece had used. Unfortunately, the line ran out, and Flurry Heart had to improvise. She had an idea.

"Our EVA suits are built with thrusters on the backpack. I can use those to reach you, Aunt Twilight."

Twilight relayed the information to Cadence, and it was decided that her niece was right.

"You're clear to proceed.", Twilight informed her niece.

Flurry Heart opened the hatch on the capsule and jumped out. Using the thrusters, she moved herself closer and closer to her aunt. However she was flying too fast and couldn't grab Twilight's hoof. Luckily, she managed to wrap her hooves around the tether line. Twilight spun around and pulled herself towards Flurry Heart. Eventually, Flurry stretched her hooves out and grabbed her aunt as if she was hugging her.

"I got her. Ocellus, pull us in.", Twilight cried cheerfully.