• Published 9th Sep 2019
  • 3,231 Views, 92 Comments

Warhammer 40K: Sunset - madhat886



The mirror sent Sunset into the Warhammer 40K universe to meet her father.

  • ...
20
 92
 3,231

Chapter 5

Upon awaken Sanguinius has been busy as he recovers from his near fatal wounds, by helping his father in fixing the mess that the Imperium has become. Not that he would have been able to leave Terra anytime soon. With how things have become after the Emperor became bond to the golden throne and all of the loyal Primarchs disappearing one by one. The Emperor made it clear that there must always be at least one Primarch must remain on Terra. With how the Imperium has fallen from grace without leadership, a Primarch must always be on Terra to takeover when something happens to the Emperor.

His father explain to him that with Sunset being the only one who can takeover once something happens to him again, which his greatest failure is not ever having a plan when something happens to him. With Sunset being so young and still learning how to use her powers, will need years of training and learning all she can to be the Empress of Mankind. Unlike her brothers she wasn't created to be able to just know things and learn at such an advance pace.

Sanguinius was pick to takeover and take care of Sunset till she's old enough and experience enough to takeover. Not to mention that with him being able to fly, he's the only one who can fly like Sunset and the only one who can teach her. Which he has already been trying to teach her how to fly, but her wings aren't strong enough yet for her to fly. He has taken her out flying outside under heavy guard, with small flying platforms that were normally used by work crews to maintain or fix the sides of the royal palace.

There Sanguinius learned that Sunset is able to walk on clouds. The smog layer that surrounds the palace thanks to it poking through the clouds hide the lower levels from view. When Sunset in her attempt to fly with her brother, failed and glided down with Sanguinus flying down after her which she stop as she landed on the cloud of smog, to the confusion of everyone.

Sanguinius remember hovering in the air staring at his little sister sitting on the cloud of smog along with her personal guards and his own Blood Angels, who have followed him to Terra and now act as bodyguards. All trying to make sense of how she's able to sit on a cloud. Not able to help himself, Sanguinius tried to stand on the cloud like Sunset and fell right through till he started flapping his wings again. Which cause Sunset to laugh at him as he flew back up and telling him that because she's an ailcorn, she is able to walk on the clouds whenever she wants. Which their father also told him, when he was informed in what happen. Since then it wasn't uncommon to see Sunset using a cloud created by boiling water, as a bed.

Sanguinius ask his father what other powers Sunset has, which he was inform that she'll have enhance strength, able to grow plants, control the weather, and be able to use telekinesis and magic. Which Sunset showed off as she was able to use telekinesis on him and spun him around in the air before trying out, which would had sent him falling onto his face if he didn't used his wings. Their father explained that while she is powerful she still has alot of growing to do before her body is able to withstand and use her powers at their peak.

The Emperor explain that Celestia, Sunset's mother telekinesis is so powerful she's the reason why the planet isn't gravity lock with only one side of the planet facing their star. Like the planet Mordian where only one side of the planet ever faces the sun. Which is odd as the planet is the center of its solar system and the sun and the moon mover around it, which Celestia is the one who moves the star around the planet. Which instead of being a big star is a small one. But still to have the power to move a star around is something not to take likely. Sunset once she is fully matured and knows how to use her powers, can use stars as weapons to slam into enemy fleets without them being able to do anything to stop it.

"That is why Sanguinius, I never tried anything while dealing with Celestia once, I realized what she's able to do. While in this universe Celestia isn't able to move the stars as she is able to do with her star, she is still able to pull plasma from said star and use it as a weapon. Or just pull rocks from space and slam them into a planet or ships. Not to mention that Celestia is the only woman, I have ever met who is my equal and that I could have a relationship without having to take in account that I will outlive her," The Emperor explains as he and his son talk alone in the chambers of the golden throne.

"From what Guilliman told me, she wasn't happy to see you," Sanguinius said.

"For me it's been thousands of years and I had all that time to regret, while for her it's only been a few years. Sunset is the only reason why she kept the mirror open between our two universes. I have sent some Custodes that she knows to talk to her but she always sends them back refusing to talk unless its from me. Which is impossible for me to do. The webway is still a mess and I'm doing all I can in fixing it so that, I can finally leave this throne and move on my own two feet again. Not to mention having a new Astronomican that can be powered by something other then me," the Emperor said. (1)

"One of your projects?" Sanguinius ask.

"If, I died next time something happens to me. I will be reborn into a new body but I won't know who, I am till I'm a adult in age. But till then the Imperium will have fallen apart by then. As it is now the only ones who can take my place in powering the astronomican is Sunset and Celestia," the Emperor said.

"Her?" Sanguinius ask.

"When the mirror was still open before Sunset reopen it, she would come visit me as I did with her world. It was before I began conquering the lost worlds of mankind, before I had to remain on this universe to maintain a link to the astronomican to guild the ships. We took turns powering it or combining our powers together to make it glow brighter then it is now. I already teaching Sunset how to power it too, but with her being so young it just quickly tries her out," the Emperor explains.

"How long you think it will be before her power and skills will be like yours?" Sanguinius ask.

"It should take a couple of hundred years for her skills in using her powers to match mine. It took me thousands of years to learn to master my powers, but with me teaching her it should take only half as long. But the problem is that she just doesn't have my power but her mother's as well. She needs Celestia to train her in the powers she passed onto her. Then there is the magic that she's able to do," the Emperor said.

"Magic?" Sanguinius ask.

"Yes magic in being able to transform objects into something else, teleportation, element casting and all that. Sunset magic is something that chaos will fear, when Celestia was here, her magic cause great harm to the forces of chaos. They always reacted badly to magic, my power does the same but her magic always caused them the most harm. When I train Sunset, when she's link with me, I used her magic and it cause the demons of the wrap to flee," the Emperor said.

"How is that possible?" Sanguinius ask.

"I don't know? My best guess is how chaos works in that universe has a different effect on the chaos of this one. From what I heard Celestia had to deal with her own Chaos God by the name of Discord who she trap by turning him into stone. Using a spell she talk with him while he was still stone and is the source of information that, I know about the chaos gods of this universe. It turns out that the chaos of this universe if it ever interacts with that universe chaos would either cancel each other out or cause both sides to be destroyed. Whatever if both universes don't get destroyed because of it would be the last thing either side would want to happen. Of course Discord also said that to prevent things like that from happening, as a rule anything or anyone who is that powerful if they enter another universe that isn't a slightly different version of their own universe, automatically lose all of their powers and abilities that goes with it. If I ever have the chance to, all that is needed if for me to force the chaos gods into the mirror where they will lose off of their powers and can easily be captured and sealed away," the Emperor said. (2)

"You're not going to kill them?" Sanguinius ask.

"That's the problem. Even if I do kill them, new ones will just replace them," the Emperor said.

"Have you tried to contact with Celestia about helping?" Sanguinius ask.

"As I said, I have tried. She refuse to help with how the Imperium is now. I already had the beastmen be given back their rights and be allowed to join the guard. And all those who tried to stop it, have all been either been publicly executed as traitors or been made into servitors. There are lots of things I have to fix before the Imperium is good enough for Celestia to start talking to me again," the Emperor said.

"What about Sunset?" Sanguinius ask.

"If Sunset goes back, Celestia wouldn't waste anytime in sealing the mirror on her side again and thousands of years can pass before Sunset manages to reopen the mirror again," the Emperor explains.

"So the only way for her to help here is by improving things to her liking?" Sanguinius ask.

"Yes that's the only way to get her to help. Is by making the Imperium into how it should had been. And that's by redoing everything and changing how things are done. And anyone who stands in the way is to be killed. I already made it known that, I would be greatly please with the one who manages to get a xeno race to join the Imperium. Seeing how in the world of Equestia where Sunset comes from there are many races all living together," the Emperor said.

"I see you're doing this so that Sunset won't be wondering why you continue to allow the slaughter of xeno races," Sanguinius said.

"I clearly remember before the fall of the old human alliance government that there were plenty of xeno races living and apart of the culture of that time. In fact I was friends with plenty of them who were living on Earth before the fall. Of course once the fall happen with the wrap storms preventing travel there wasn't enough of them to have a breeding population, especially after everyone began fighting to survive," the Emperor said.

"Father you do know there are many who will even if it's coming from you will be against this," Sanguinius said.

"They all can be replaced and any group they're apart of can be wipe out. Besides," the Emperor said as he got up from his throne shocking Sanguinius who thought his father was still bond to the throne. "I'm well enough now that I can move around in the palace on my own. And no longer have to have people drag before me."

"Father are you're sure you can walk?" Sanguinius ask.

"I have spent enough time on the throne and in my armor," the Emperor said wanting to get out of his armor and take a long bath. "Not to mention that Sunset needs me to be able to be there for her and not stuck here."

"She is a handful," Sanguinius said.

"Wait till you have children of your own. Children always change everything," the Emperor said.

Author's Note:

1 - With everything only being held together by the Emperor, I'm surprise that he never had a plan in place for when he wasn't around anymore. I know why because in real life it's just a board game and all that and nothing makes sense because of it. Seeing how all the fiction around it has to deal with the universe setting being that of a board game where billions can die and just as much equipment can be lost and all be easily replaced. Which is just how things are done in games, in not taking account how hard it be to replace everything that was lost, how all the ammo and supplies, the years of training that's needed and fuel and all the resources that are needed. But as I said game world setting where they just appear out of nowhere.

2 - The rule I have place is that if the Chaos gods ever step foot in the Equestia universe, they lose all of their powers. That goes for their minions as well.