• Published 16th Aug 2012
  • 723 Views, 5 Comments

Mafioso - Mr.MorningWood



Ponies in a world of crime.

  • ...
 5
 723

On the road

"BOSS RUN! MAKE A BREAK FOR IT" I turn to see Tommy-gun and Grand-slam taking on a horde of rival gang members. Tommy shoots his gun effectively taking down many of them but just as they fell to his bullets, more came. As if them dying was making them multiply. He opens fire once more giving life to his gun. I look over to Grand-slam . He seems to be going to town on them with his bat. Each enemy falling to his mighty swings. Bones breaking and blood streaming from wounds but just as with Tommy's enemies they seems to not die or slow down only growing more feral with each swing. I attempt to reach for my revolver by my limbs do not move to the holster where my weapon resides. I can only watch as my two best friends duke it out together against an indomitable enemy. I Hear a clicking noise, a distinct sound of a gun out of ammunition. Tommy attempts to reload his gun but it was futile. Because as soon as he stopped firing he was surrounded by enemies. I see my other friend go to help him but, his recuse effort only dooms him to be tackled down by 2 stallions. Screams of agony filled the air like music. It almost sounded melodic. As if the grim reaper had come to make a song of my alias suffering. They all stop pounding their hooves against my friends. They turn towards me and begin to walk slowly. From behind them I see them both. Dead. Blood and tears but mostly blood. I wanted to scream and yell but my voice did not come to me. They move closer.

My heartbeat quickens it's tempo and I begin to hyperventilate. They make a circle around me and once again walk slowly towards me. I try to move my limbs but they do not respond to me. They inch closer. "No stay away from!" My voice finally comes to me. "Stay back, I don't want to hurt you!" I yell desperation. Undeterred they move closer. "I'M WARNING YOU!" One grabs me from my shoulder another holds me by my neck. I feel life return to my body. I began to flail my limbs in attempt to stop them from grabbing me. It only serves to annoys them. They push me to the ground and begin their attack . I yell in pain and they begin to laugh at me. "Wake up." a low and mysterious voice calls. The assault stop for a moment but begins once again as they resume their current job of beating me to a bloody pulp. " wake up!" the mysterious voice resumes but louder then before. Just as before they stop and resume the attack once again. "WAKE UP!"

My eyes shoot open I wake up in cold sweat, my breathing ragged. " Hey buddy you alright?" A voice calls.

"I'm quite fine and thank you for waking me up." I responded thankfully.

"Well you're welcome" he starts " I needed to wake you up. Take a shower and meet me back at the bosses room alright buddy." I nod " Do you by any chance have the time?" I question

"Well buddy, it's about Six-fifteen am" he replies to me as he leaves the room

I groaned. six-fifteen am. This is way to early for anypony to wake up at, with the shit I dealt with last night. I deserved more sleep. I get off the soft and warm bed reluctantly and go to the bathroom. I step myself into the shower and turn on the hot water. The water feels great. After a tough night and a freakish nightmare this will definitely do me some good. I step out of the shower wet mane and coat in all its glory. I see myself in the mirror " hey buddy who's looking sexy, your looking sexy" I can't believe I just said. It was as if a unknown force commanded me to just say that insane stuff ( even though I have to admit I did look rather dashing). I dry myself off and exit the bathroom. I survey the room for my clothes I see them right in the corner of the room. I search it for my revolver. I take the weapon along with it's holster and remaining ammunition. I leave the room without my dirtied upped suit ( would have to get a new one soon). I knock on the Godfather's door and prepare to recite the password... the door opens suddenly. I walk in but, I was confused due to the fact that I didn't have to recite the password. "Come take a seat and have some coffee." the Godfather welcomes in a somewhat uncharacteristic happy tone. I take a seat and sit down.

"So how do you like your coffee?" he inquires to me.

"I like my coffee black." I deadpan

Two guards appear out of nowhere and begin to pour us a hot cup o' joe. I take my coffee and sip from it, the Godfather does the same.

"So, are you ready for your departure from here to Ponyville?" he say's in a bored tone

"Ready as can ever be Godfather just one problem."

"And what is that problem?" he curiously inquires.

"Well, I have no suit and what stallion who's in the mafia doesn't walk around in a suit." I say

"I knew this would be a problem so I prepared for this." he taps his right hoof lightly on his desk

A guard comes into the room and presents to me a new suit along with a new fedora hat.

My heart wells up with joy. The Godfather himself has gifted me a new suit to wear. A grin slowly but surely appears on my face. I look to the Godfather he has a small smile on his face.

"Consider it another generous contribution to your cause sir." the Godfather triumphantly states.

"Thank you Godfather, I will use this gift to it's full potential." I express happily

He once again taps his desk again another guard enters and passes me a first class ticket to the friendship express headed for Ponyville.

" So I assume we're ready to get to Ponyville now?"

"Absolutely Godfather!" I shout gleefully

"Good, go to your room get changed and come outside we have a carriage waiting for you take you to the train station it'll be a forty- five minute ride from here to the station, now hurry up"

I nod and head to my room to change. Now that I'm in my room I closer inspect my new suit. It's was a black pinstripe suit with the vertical stripes being a light grey color, the fedora sporting the same design. I open the jacket of the suit and see where I could put my holster in. I was given three ties with my suit a red one, a purple one and strangely a pink one (don't know if the boss is trying to imply anything with the pink tie so I shrug it off as a joke).

With my new suit I feel like a new stallion ready to take on what the world has got to throw at me and with this I quickly trot down all the flight of stairs, and exit out the front door which leads to the carriage. I get in the carriage and a letter was left inside, hastily scribbled on it was 'Don't open till you get to the address which is on the back of the letter' . I put away the letter in one of the pockets of my suit. I will have to remind myself to look at the address later on to get to my destination in Ponyville.

Forty-Five minutes went by in a flash and I found myself leaving the carriage and standing on one of the many terminals along with other ponies waiting to get to their destination. I begin to think to myself I wonder who these two mares are he want's me to protect, what other stuff will I do for the mafia once I get there and most importantly where am I going to stay with. Living on the streets like a hobo is out of the question (What kind of hobo wears a brand new pinstripe suit anyway?). Derailing my current train of thought a loud whistle bellows in the background. Signifying that the train is arriving in the station. "All aboard, all aboard the Friendship express has arrived!" bellows the conductor of the train. I move into the line of passengers going into the train. I make it to the door and pass my ticket to be stamped so I can get in. Once all that stamping stuff is over with, I move towards the first class part of the train I flash my ticket to the guy standing in between me and first class. He nods at me and motions me to get in.

If I could tell you this was a fancy train I'd be lying to you all. This train didn't spare no expense when it came to it's sheer fanciness. Red carpet, waiters who walked like they had sticks put up their ass, gold on pretty much everything and a chandelier. A Celestia damn chandelier.

One of the waiters approaches me and asks for the number of the room I was staying in " Car 1, room 4" I simply and easily reply.

"Sir, please follow me to your room then." he so fancily says in a upper-class Manehatten accent.

In about a minute were here at my room ( would have been faster if the guy didn't insist on walking so slowly).

He leaves me with a nod of the head and I enter my room. Bed, Cabinet, lamp and a personal bathroom. I look at the bed it would be a good time for a nap since Ponyville is about an hour and thirty-five minutes away by train I'm just hoping that I don't have a nightmare like before. I strip myself of my suit and place it onto the conveniently placed cabinet. "GERONIMO!" I yell as I dive bomb onto the bed. I drifted off to sleep in a blink of an eye.

******

I wake up. Eyes opened up wide. It wasn't a nightmare but this was a dream I think no one would like to hear. Most likely someone would get mental scarred or call me a psycho if I told them about this. (For any of you wanting to know, it involved melons a lot of them and three singing human midgets just to get the gist of my dream. You think up the rest knock yourself out).

I look towards the clock it was Eight Am. I have fifteen more minutes until I get off this train and look for I have to go. Perfect time to reflect on my past and mostly about last nights blunder. Fifty-million just down the drain like that. Like somepony clapping their two hooves together. I look down to the ground saddened at the lost of major cold hard cash but hey being alive and well is better then having all that cash anyway. But now I wonder where Grand-slam and Tommy-Gun went after they ran away with the goods. My mind wonders off into imagination land. My mind paints a messy scene of two of my closest friends slaughtering their way through enemy gang members (except not like in my nightmare where they kept coming back for more or kept multiplying). Straight up kicking some serious ass,I chuckle to myself but, the thought of where they are starts nagging me at the back of my mind. What happened to them? Dead-eye told me they survived didn't he?

No, he told me that four Including himself survived so I can only assume Sharpshooter survived this failure of a job. I saw two of my guys die right at the dock (we had to push them in the ocean or risk there being evidence, we of course didn't like it but we had to do what had to be done at the time.) There was also those three guys I stationed near the dock. Were they caught off guard by those assholes who decided to show up to the party.What leads to more question is how did they take out those three guys without there being any gunfire or anything. This is getting fishy. Are there rats in our crime family? No,there couldn't be any but I won't as of now rule out any foul play like that.

I look at the clock again ten minutes have passed. I sigh quietly to myself and grab my clothes on the cabinet, quickly dressing myself. Just as I put my hat on my head. The train bellows it's whistle signifying to the passengers to get ready to pack up and leave (at least for those who are going to Ponyville like myself). Opening the door I see that I'm the only first class passenger going to Ponyville, these rich snobs must be going to Canterlot or Fillydelphia or something. The train grinds to a halt as we near the station. "Hello fellow passengers we have made it to Ponyville, any passengers going to Canterlot remain in you're seats" a mares voice speaks from the intercom. This was my cue to head over to the door which was already opened for the others to leave from. I step outside and take a breathe of fresh air. It felt a lot cleaner then the air in Manehatten, probably due to the fact the Ponyville isn't perpetually covered in smog everyday like my hometown. I trot out of the station and take a quick glance around. The houses look pretty old timey but they had a rustic feel to them which gave them their very own charm over the brick house buildings of Manehatten. Even though it's only a quarter past Eight the town seems to already in full swing of life. Ranging from the shops selling produce at the nearby market place or the restaurants serving food.

My stomach growls like a ferocious lion. Some ponies looking over at me with inquisitive looks. I blush slightly at the sudden outburst of my stomach. The only thing I had to consume was the cup of coffee I and the Godfather drank together earlier today. I spy a restaurant in the distance. My stomach rumbles once again at the thought of food being scarfed down my throat like a kid chowing downing on some chocolate. I begin to trot over to the restaurant but I can only go about sixteen steps before I get a strange feeling that somepony is watching my every move. I turn around and look behind me. Nothing.

I turn back and I'm greeted with the hugest grin I've seen in my life. The grin belonged to a pink mare with a pink poofy mane, it just being a darker shade of pink then her coat. We stare at each other, my face completely blank and her still showing off that grin that should belong to a clown that was high off a concoction of weed, meth, cocaine and LSD.

I do what a anypony should do when a random pony walks up to you and flashes off a ridiculous grin. I scream. "AHHHHH!" once I start screaming she starts as well. I stop my screaming once a bunch of nosy ponies come to check out the commotion. She giggles " That was fun mister can we do it again?"

"How about no." I say annoyed

She frowns for a second but it's quickly covered up by a smile. " Hi my name's Pinkie Pie what's yours mister." she starts.

"I don't like telling people my name." I defensively respond back to her

"Ohhh, so it's a secret?" she replies intrigued.

"I guess you could call it something like-"

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!" She tops it of with closing one of her eyes and planting her right hoof on her closed eye.

"What was that?" I ask curiously.

"My pinkie promise silly."

"Pinkie...promise?" Now I'm interested in what's going on.

"Hey your new to Ponyville aren't you." she tells me

"Yeah how did you know?" I asked.

"I knew that because my Pinkie sense told me you silly willy." She chirps

At this moment I don't even know what's going on, she must have escaped from a mental ward or something. 'Pinkie sense' what a load of horse-apples.

"You know what this calls for" she starts

"Um what does it call-"

"A PARTY!" she continues.

"A... party?" Now I know she must be insane.

"Yes a party mister." she gleefully coos to me

"Well as much as party would sound cool, there not really my thing plus I need to find something to eat cause I'm starving." I finish saying and begin to walk away.

She gasps " Then why not come to sugar cube corner. We got muffins, cupcakes, cake, pies and a bunch of other sweets." she informs me

"Having sweets for breakfast aren't really my thing maybe next time" before I even knew it pinkie grabs me (somehow) and starts to bounce away to what I assume is sugar cube corner.

She slams open the door. My nose is assaulted with sweet smells of baked sweets and candy. My stomach rumbles like an earthquake would.

Pinkie sets me down at a table, I plop right to the floor on my ass. As quick as she left she's already back with a tray full of sweets. I feel drool is streaming from my mouth at the sights of this heavenly food. "Go ahead have one mister" she coaxes me to try one. I grab one and stuff the thing right into my mouth. Sugar rapes my taste buds in a unholy way but it also felt nice like in a good way.

"So how is it?" Pinkie questions

" Pinkie, this is just absolutely delicious." I exclaim.

She does one of those cute giggles again. Wait, did I just think 'cute'. What am I going all soft all of a sudden. I need to hardened those nerves and be ready for when the shit hits the fan which can be anytime now.

As I grab another pastry the door opens with one of those bell sounding type things people put on there doors. I look over to see a light grey earth pony mare who enters the scene. Dark grey mane, purple eyes, bow-tie and a treble clef cutie mark. She ignores my loud chewing of my food and heads to were Pinkie is. "Good morning Pinkie your up quite earlier then usual ." she says in a cockney accent.

"Morning Octy how's it going?" Pinkie greets .

I hear a loud groan "Pinkie can you please stop calling me Octy it's getting old" she moans.

"Okie dokie lokie Octy. oops sorry."

She facehoofs. Pinkie simply smiles, she walks over to me. " Hey do you want seconds, you ate all those sweets quite quick mister?"

"No no. I think I'm quite fine can you pass me the bill Pinkie." I respond.

"You don't have to pay mister. Free of charge from your pal pinkie." she ends it with a large smile.

"No I insist on paying pinkie." I answer back quickly.

"No just go take. It free." she seems to want me to take this for free. Knowing her for only this short time, she's not going to take no for an answer.

"Alright pinkie I'll take the offer." I reply to her offer. She smiles once again and trots off to talk to the grey mare once again. Not really wanting to bum this meal off her I leave a thirty bit tip for her generosity. I leave the store and take out the letter from one of the pockets of my suit. I turn it around to read the address.

Ponyville

west 16th pony boulevard 1890

So this where I'm going huh. Better get a move on then.

Two hours later

"This town is a frigging maze." I whisper to myself exasperated. I find myself once again at the market place, although it's a bit more crowded since it's about noon now.

"Get yer thieving hoofs off my apples ya varmint!" Cries a southerns voice. My head swings to an nearby apple stand a young colt high tailing it off from the stand a couple apples laid on the ground. "One of these day's I'll catch one of em' and we'll see who's laughing then". The shop keeper picks up the apples on the ground spruces them up and puts them back on the cart. I see the young colt near in a bush. He looks rather thin. I approach the apple stand. "How much for five apples?" I question the attractive orange mare. " One apple is two bits, so I reckon that's ten bits." She states.

"Alright give me five of your apples please." Just as I say this, she begins to put five apples in a clear plastic bag for me. " That'll be ten bits sir." she says to me. I fish out ten bits from my pocket and exchange them for the five apples.

"Thank y'all for ya the business, have a nice day!" She shouts to me as I walk away towards the bush where the colt is hiding. "Hey you can out from your hiding spot now kid." I call out to the young colt. He walks out. He looked thin from far away but from here he looked like skin and bones to me. " What do you want mister?" his tone is solemn.

"I saw you running from that apple stand not to long ago kiddo, why are you stealing from ponies ya know you shouldn't?" This was such a hypocritical thing to say as I have stolen from ponies before when I was younger.

"Well, lets just say I have to make end meets so to speak now a day's with out any parents." he looks down after saying this, eyes closed.

"Well ain't that a bummer kid but hey take these." I take out the bag of apples and pass them over to him. His eyes open wide in surprise.

" Really mister, just for me?" his voice is slightly joyous sounding.

"Yep, just for you now run along and don't get into any trouble now boy, or there will be hell to pay." I give him a stern look. Gotta set these kids straight before they go into a life of crime like me.

He runs off with the bags off apples in his mouth and I just stare at him as he runs off. I sigh, better go back on that journey to look for this Celestia forsaken house in this Celestia forsaken town that's apparently a maze.

Twenty minutes later

I give in. This house does. Not. EXIST! I finally find the street but the address doesn't even exist. I've trotted up none stop for twenty minutes, Up and down the street. But none of the addresses match the address I'm looking for. A scowl slowly starts to form on my face. What the hell. The Godfather obviously doesn't care much for the ponies he wants me to safeguard if he doesn't give me the right address. I Groan out loud. "Why can't my life be easy, why can't it be easy living for once for me?" I sit down on the street and breathe a heavy sigh. The Godfather is going to kill once he find out I haven't found the house. Unbeknownst to me. A pony had seen me breaking down and approached me.

"Not look so good are we?" A familiar cockney accent drawls. I look up and see the same mare from earlier today at sugar cube corner. I don't respond. I simply gawk at her. "Well are you going to talk or what?" She seems annoyed with me for not talking back at her. So I respond.

"Well lets just say I'm in a predicament that's caused me a whole heap of stress."

"Then what's gotten you in this certain predicament, may I ask you?" she inquires

"Please don't laugh at me but, I'm lost. Looking for a house that doesn't even exist because of this letter that gave me wrong directions" I moan.

"May I look at the directions to this 'non existing house' you speak of?" I pass her over the letter where the address is scribbled on. She takes a quick glance and her eyes widen to the size of a flying saucer or something of equal or greater value.

" Um, this is the address to my house how did you get it?" There's a hint of fear in her voice. She must think I'm some sort of perverted stalker who waits in bushes until the owners are gone and steals their undies and other personal things.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask her

"Tell me." she asks me again. I look around to survey my surroundings. There's too many ponies around for me to tell her that I was sent by a mob boss to bodyguard her and some other mare.

"If we go to your house, I will tell you deal?" I propose to her. I look into her eyes I can see those gears turning in that mind of hers. Obviously thinking what I'm going to do to her at her house (not like I would try to pull any sick shit, I ain't that kind of pony).

"Is it really that important that you can't tell me out here in public?" she looks at me with a unamused look

"Yes, it's that important!" I yell out loud for some reason.

She sighs "Alright then if it so important that no one can hear it but us let's go." she looks pissed off.

In a couple minutes we make it to her house which wasn't even on the street it was supposed to be on. I someone had told me that i had to turn down a dirt path leading to her house this would have made this so much easier for me but hey at least I'm here now. Her house turned out to be a huge mansion (this girl's got some cash) and it made any of the fancy place's I've been to in Manehatten look second rate. She motions me with her hoof to walk in first. Just as I walk in, the door slams shut and a cocking of a gun is heard. Aw fuck just my luck.