• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 878 Views, 1 Comments

Pieces of time - StoryWeaver



You might say I was having a bad day...you would be right.

  • ...
 1
 878

Chapter 5: Crystals, Wings, and Fissures!

Finally the day with the court was over, Princess Celestia was certainly beginning to tire of the constant bickering and fighting of that mess of a court, Raymond had it so much easier with only seven others to deal with.

She had to check up on the human, might as well see if he was okay...

She walked briskly down the winding hallways, left, left, right, left, right, double back and trace your steps, and here she was, right in front of the room that she had specially furnished for Raymond, now being used by the powerless primate that he had charged her with. Sigh.

She certainly wasn't expecting him to even be awake when she opened the door, let alone doing anything, but there he was, a pair of what looked to be a set of deconstructed metal wings sitting upon a rather large table in the middle of the room. The iron feathers were surprisingly delicate affairs, each feather made so delicately that each was a work of art. On the floor and bed were books piled high.

"wh-what is going on here?" she said.

________________________________________________

Well, screw my life, My surprise was ruined! I had meant for Celestia to find something much more sophisticated, but I guess that this would have to do.

"I'm researching your history, I've already read through the books you sent, so I requested more, you do know that three way enchantments are very possible correct? Problem is I haven't been able to use any of that knowledge, and it's beginning to bother me, do you know of a way that I can use magic when it comes to technology? Nevermind, you haven't even gotten to the computer ch-"

"How did you get the metal for all this?" Celestia asked, genuinely curious.

"I asked the guards outside for some, didn't you say to ask for anything if I needed it?" I replied nonchalantly.

"no, I didn't, Doctor," The princess sighed, "Remember to tell me next time when your going to pull a stunt like this. Okay?"

"Very well, Your Highness, I will come to you with my concerns next time," Dackecurl bowed floridly, almost immediately going back to work on another feather of the wings...Celestia had left the room. good, now he could use that crystal he had nabbed from the cave, there was certainly a lot of those, and if there was magic in them, then maybe it had guided that wormhole he had made. He honestly didn't know, but he decided to experiment a bit...

He opened the door a bit and brought out the crystal from his leftmost pocket, "Excuse me kind sir, can you please charge this with magical energy?"

The guards had become much more lax around me for some reason, my kindness and general quirkiness had made them much more receptive to my requests, so it surprised me when he said, "No,
I cannot do that Doctor, what I will do is guide you to the Princess to see if you snuck anymore of that crystal out of the caves."

What?

'How curious. He doesn't seem to like me'

"What!?"

"I'm taking you to the princess, Doctor."

"I'm sorry, I thought I heard someone else speak. Lead on then."

'Kinda stiff isn't he? Eh boss?'

Who the heck was that?

'Ahem, I'm in your hand you dolt'

OI! I'm no dolt!

'really? and your kind haven't even discovered magic in your world? what a sad, sad dolt you are. Now then, let's get some energy from the stiff over there so I don't have to talk to you through your mind'

Can you at least wait until we get to Celestia?

'I couldn't care less, but if that's what you want, then your wish is my command boss. have a good day as I've now run out of magic energy to talk to you with.'

WEIRD. That crystal had talked to me! what the heck! I'll just have to talk to Celestia about this...

I was led around a confusing amount of turns, I swear we had even backtracked once or twice down the same corridor...did Euclidean physics not apply here? that would make this castle so much more interesting, it would never be able to be mapped, but it would be interesting to put it together all the same!

that one game had it right by the way, portals can be made, I just so happened to do the much more difficult version that had a programmable destination...

back to the point! I hate when my mind wanders.

'your welcome'

...

Either way!

The guard and I were now at the foot of a set of stairs that wound around. so obviously a tower that it made me laugh, which earned me a glare from the guard.

"Ascend the stairs and meet with the Princess, she is expecting you," the guard then stepped aside, taking up another post beside the stairs.

So he had used mind magic to inform the rest of the castle about it...curious...

I ascended the steps, taking them two at a time to give myself a challenge.

run regret.exe

I was panting and a sweat had broken out on my forehead, by the time I had reached the steps i was practically falling over. I stopped for a moment and leaned against the wall, trying to catch my breath

The two guards at the door glared at me hostilely. neither made a move, but they still had their hoofs at their spears, how the heck did they hold them!? More research for later. Moving on to Celestia.

________________________________________________


'He has one of the crystals! from the caves! does he know what he has with him!' the white Alicorn thought. Her Emotions were quite jumbled now, anger and confusion at what he did. Doubt in whether to trust him now or not. She waited, composing herself behind a mask of kind regality that she had perfected over the several thousand years that she had decided to begin using it.

There was a knock. Oh gods he was here, "Please come in, Doctor,"

The doors were opened by the human. In his right hand he held the crystal he had taken from the caves that Raymond had dumped him in. The thing even looked evil, the dark murky blue swirling unnoticeably to all but the most trained of eyes.

Oh, mother of me, he was actually holding it? What had it done to him?

"Good evening, Your Highness, how hast thou been faring in mine absence?"

________________________________________________


I had made it to stand in front of Celestia

'Just need to wait until she tried to take it'

shut up you stupid rock

"crystal, dolt, try to remember it, and call me kletahk or something'

you are horrible at making names

'I'm new to this talking business, I just leeched the knowledge from your head and went rom there! give me a while so I can make a name and I'll get back to you on it!'

good to know...

so..."Good evening, Your Highness, how hast thou been faring in mine absence?"

"I have been doing well Doctor. Will you please hand over the crystal so that I may examine it?" she said quietly, a little too quietly...odd

'oh, by the way I leeched from the guard anyways'

"god..."

The Princess raised her visible eyebrow, but before she could say anything, I quickly put the crystal on the desk.

'wait for it...'

When she tried to pick it up with her magic. Which I had really hoped to see in action. It merely faded as if subdued.

she tried again, and once again failed, her brow began to furrow.

then a voice much like mine began to speak, but the accent was off, more choppy, "well Celestia, you won't be moving me anytime soon! thanks for the magic! now i can stop talking in that dolt's head!"

"I am not a dolt!" I replied fiercely.

________________________________________________


I-It had talked! it had absorbed her magic and used to to project a voice and talk!!

"who are you??" the asked, her gaze falling upon the translucent rock that stood upon the table.

"that's being worked on your deepness, I hope you don't mind while i build the rest of my personality off you two and the rest of the ponies in this castle, might as well make it as perfect as possible!"

this rock was making very little sense, what it poposed was mind magic on a collosal scale!

"once i have magic i can use it like a magnet to pull more in 'tia. and your ego convinced you that you were the most perfect of them all! hah!" this rock was actually beginning to glow.

then dackecurl spoke, "what exactly are you, you very odd crystal?" the curiosity was clearly evident in his facial expression.

the crystal replied, using a deeply southern accent, "wail, ye moight thaink me to be one dem normal crysters, wail, I'm not, I got magic and all that jazz, and it's been in me for a vairy lung toime now,'the accent suddenly changed into a female american accent. "I've been bored out of my mind ever since 'Tia 'ere went into that cave the first time then tried sealing it, I've been leeching magic from the seal ever since."

________________________________________________

This crystal was making absolutely no sense right now, and the accents certainly weren't helping to understand it.

"just another moment and...done, absorbed all I'll need for at least a year," this crystal was beginning to get on my nerves, what the heck was it doing?

"Well then boss, let's get going, and 'Tia, don't try to take me away from him, by this point I am much more powe-...what's this? I feel a disturbance in the force!"

Oh god I recognized that reference, had he pulled it from my mind? You know what, I honestly don't care to know, "Incoming! Duck, or whatever it is you things do!"

Suddenly there was a great shaking as both me and Celestia fell to the ground. A loud cracking rang out in the distance.

'Grab me you idiot!' the crystal thought to me over the unbearable noise, I just barely got to it before things began falling, "To the balcony! You need to see this Willy!"

"Do not ever call me that again or I will drop you off a cliff or put you under a thousand ton press! You overbearing pebble!" I was able to crawl to the balcony though, and what I saw filled me with a dread beyond any sense of the word.

A massive fissure had rent itself open in the middle of a dark forest, at least it was much darker than the surrounding areas. The fissure glowed a sooty red.

"Only that? well, just need to wait for a bit for the shaking to settle, hope you guys enjoy it, I'll keep the castle together and the rest of the town from falling apart too badly." that stupid cryst-...

Holy mother of god even I felt the power that thing put out!

a white light was pulsating throughout the city that stretched below us, and slowly the shaking subsided.

"that was most interesting I do say!" the Crystal had sqitched accents again!

"why do you have to go with british?"